Barberella

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barberella
Re: Odd Bear Out

So cute!

ncheremnykh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncheremnykh
paigeg wrote:I'm not sure the concept really works, either. And that disembodied wing on the left is bugging me. But the style is undeniably good.

Thanks for your comments! The “white crow” is saying in Russian or Ukrainian (I believe) which is equivalent to “black sheep” in English. It is someone who acts or behaves differently from the others.
This white crow decided to show off and put on her new hat, and simply missed the fact that she looks silly in it. Sorry for the confusing concept, I guess it was just an excuse for me to draw crows for this derby. I like them a lot : )

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood
Re: Distant Panel

This would be an awesome shirt.

JDawg21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JDawg21

dreadwood

Re: Baaaaarains

Hahaha, a great idea.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
jb2colorado wrote:haven't we seen enough of the cupcake characters? I'm getting tired of recycled characters. Unless the idea is to win enough so that someone could wear your shirts like 3-4 days in a row and it would look like a comic strip. Outside that notion I think new characters are in order, not just dressed up differently cupcakes. Sorry, just my opinion.

It's not the characters on the shirts, but what the artists do with them. If they're as creative and charming as what BootsBoots and Walmazan do, I'm all for tons of cupcake shirts. For that matter, if woot printed nothing but Robbie Lee's incredible robot shirts for a month, it would be a better set of 30 consecutive shirts than they've ever printed. When the designs themselves are boring and lazy, that's when problems start.

jb2colorado wrote:I just noticed that the "Nuuude" cupcake in the Top 20 is by a different artist, but I never would've noticed it if I wasn't looking for an artist's page. Again, I can't do what ya'll can with a pen and paper, it's amazing. I'm just tired of seeing the same kinda things I guess. Cheers all the same.

That's because it's not a different artist. Walmazan designed "Nuuuude!" and collabbed on this.

Edit- Boots already explained it. Whatevskies.

dreadwood

Re: The Mushroom Patch

An awesome competition, nice job.

dreadwood

Re: Predator

This is a sweet idea. It looks alive haha. Very cool.

JDawg21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JDawg21
darrentf wrote:Wait a minute...is that a little chip on the ground behind the cookie that *knows* what is about to happen? Did he chip his pants?

hahahaha lmao I sooooo LOVEEEEE this shirt! I'm such a sucker for the cookie monster shirts & own a few diff ones.

One more gargleblaster that's genius! I didn't notice the lil chip behind the cookie til I read this thread :P

random42s

quality posts: 2 Private Messages random42s
Re: One does not simply

Okay, while I don't know or care much about smurfs, I have to say that the expressions of the characters on this shirt are pretty awesome, and the simplicity of the over-all design it is rather charming. Well done, you have my vote.

Why? Forty-two...you see, it doesn't work.

dreadwood

Re: Rock Scissor Paper ... Carrot?!?

Lol. This is an awesome idea. Maybe a few more colors? But what do I know haha.

dreadwood

Re: Odd Monster Out

I love this. I would totally wear it. Nice work.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Odd Bear Out
katrinabean86 wrote:Oh how I hope this gets made. It's so adorable.

Thanks katrina!

Spiritgreen wrote:Well done on this design, jas'. And congratulations on this being your 104th entry in a row - two whole years without a break! o_o

Hey, I totally forgot... you're right, it's the 2 year mark around now! And yup, every derby... after a while it became a sort of goal to not miss any 2 years straight though.. it does sound like a long time! o_O Thanks Spiritgreen!

ee0600 wrote:I love the panda's expression! GMV!

My favorite part too, thanks 0600!

elliotdanko wrote:This shirt is simply awesome. No other way to put it!

Awesome to hear, thanks elliotdanko!

Barberella wrote:So cute!

Thank you Barberella!

nadrik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nadrik
Re: 4 Luck

must. have. this.
+1!

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
clcren wrote:Random carrot, I would have gone with dynamite with all the other shaking in fear! muhahahahaha...but its still cute!

I was actually aiming for something completely random as the fourth character. I was torn between Spoon and Thermometer, but somehow, Carrot felt the most random.. The Dynamite is a good suggestion though, it's adds to the idea!

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
dreadwood wrote:Lol. This is an awesome idea. Maybe a few more colors? But what do I know haha.

I might actually do a full color rework sometime later (not for this derby though..)

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: MIDDLE SCHOOL TRANSFER STUDENT

Its tough being the new kid. Especially when its in whole different universe and timeline.

This was inspired with the thought "what would be an oddball to a trekkie or sci fi geek?"

So I imagined they probably look down on LARPer's and fantasy nerds. Then I imagined Galdalf being transferred to a new school and runs into the hall monitor in the hall with his fellow trek enthusiasts, who asks him,
"Hey new kid! Do you have your hall pass?"

Fast Forward to adult Gandalf facing a Balrog...
Puts it all into a new context. He was wanting to see the Balrog's hall pass.

5 colors on brown.
I hope you dig it. Let me know in the comments below and open to ctitique as well!
Thanks for the support!

wcsae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wcsae
NinjaStorm wrote:Or there wasnt a 'no videogame' rule those weeks where TMNT shirts made it through? I didn't check, just offering an alternate hypothesis.

No as an avid TMNT fan, I've paid attention to this. Not that the shirts have won, but on no video game derbys (which is almost every derby now) I've seen a clearly tmnt design stay in the whole time. Granted, I'm sure the woot rejectors have differing opinion, but I think they have internally clarified what constitutes a video game design and what doesn't.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx
Re: 4 Luck

I would love this on a different color T. There's been another four leaf clover shirt I have from Woot, also the green leaf on the brown background, can't do two.

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
Re: Odd Man Out

If this gets rejected, I'd be very disappointed in woot.

hkhm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hkhm
Re: Stop and Smell the... Nevermind V2

i have a weakness for cacti! love this design!

hkhm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hkhm
Re: Spork

i collect sporks. very seriously collect.

i have more sporks than anyone i have ever met. i have modern sporks, antique sporks, stainless steel sporks, titanium sporks, silver sporks, plastic sporks... don't even get me started on my passion, yes passion, for sporks.

that said, i would love to add this shirt to my collection of spork shirts.

fingers crossed that it gets printed.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: The Smart Cookie

Just noticed that the chocolate chips make the cookie look like your stereotypical high school, zit-faced nerd. Perfect!

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
paigeg wrote:You have a good feel for horticulture. Oh, and a cute shirt.

That may be the nicest and weirdest compliment ever. Thanks!

jensblackeyedsusan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jensblackeyedsusan
Re: Arrrrgh You Ready?

Love this! I definitely felt like the other dodge ball teams in middle school had 8-armed students. And I love the fact that the parrot was nailed first. "Polly wanna crack- SPLAT!"

jensblackeyedsusan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jensblackeyedsusan
Re: You Weren't Invited

Even my husband laughed at this one. GMV!

midgerock

Re: Feathered Friends

this is one of 2 in the fog currently that I'd wear and dig! I hope it prints! truely well and funny scene.

Dragaroo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dragaroo

Haha, I thought I recognized the style...

Awesome design!

midgerock

Re: Self-Expression

this truely is beautiful and love the message and how you approached it. This is one of 2 I would buy if it sees print. Good Luck!

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight

I will have to buy this one if it makes the top three. Very nice

anthrochick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthrochick

First off, I absolutely love this and find it wonderfully nerdy...but come on, sf people lookin' down on fantasy peeps? Well...maybe LARPers...

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
midgerock wrote:I see what your friend sees. this would be perfect for the mid-century modern theme. I dig the other design more though. I don't know if I would wear it myself being a 6'5" big guy but my daughter would love this.

Awwww LOL, thanks for letting me know. I have a real hard time telling with my designs who might wear them. My taste are really strange so it's tough for me to tell. I mostly post things and stare at the comments and votes for insight.

Might have something different tomorrow if I can find some time.

Than888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Than888
Re: The Mushroom Patch

This is a rad shirt. I'd like to have one in my closet.

katrinabean86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katrinabean86
Re: Just a little paint

O.O I really hope this prints! I want this shirt so badly!

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee

I just love the expression on the last cat and the dog's faces!

idogcow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idogcow
Re: One does not simply

I would so buy this!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

i am a trek nerd and a fantasy nerd, although i draw the line at actual larping, so im torn on which side i should take. maybe you should do another one and reverse the roles and then i can have both! ^_^

noblehappenstance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noblehappenstance
Re: Little Hermi Goes Home

haha, clever concept! poor misunderstood crab...

Rake This![/url]

unstated

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unstated

thanks booger

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
CrescentDebris wrote:I'm going to revise Duck & Cover a bit. Re-aiming the gun that everyone pointed out was aiming off to the side and I'm going to add 1 or 2 more colors and submit it to Threadless (or have Drakxxx) sub it. Not sure when. It won't be right now, but I'll be sure to make an announcement beforehand so that we can all rally together. If that doesn't work, I guess it's onto the next place. It's one of my favorites to date so I'll definitely be trying to get it printed somewhere somehow.

Excellent! Please link in yours (and/or Draxxx) sigs too since I don't always get a chance to read threads elsewhere.