Re: Slow Seeped tea

Nice work!

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: You Guys are so Dull

i like it.

icymallard

MarkyPc3 wrote:I don't really get it, aside from the almond is sad, which makes me sad.

And why is there a nut in a straight jacket?

But why is the almond unhappy????!?!!?!

lol nice.

amh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amh

I loooove Escher, and nice tessellation.
Worthy of wining! +1

I predict it will rise fast to the fog...

iffy525

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iffy525
Re: happiness

nooooo how does this go down the rankings?!?! This is seriously such a good shirt.

pjbnbpt01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjbnbpt01
Re: Acutes and Obtuse

Maybe not the best artistry...but the cleverest idea fo sho!

amh

Nice :D
The smile it provoked is worth a +1

amh

Lol, totally contemporary +1

bonerbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonerbob
Re: Just a little paint

seriously? panda bears?

icymallard

Re: happiness

haha, im glad u named it happiness instead of ignorance is bliss.

ill throw another potential $10 at you.

icymallard

Re: Moustache Club

Oohh i get it!

hehe.

this deserves a chuckle

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Re: You Weren't Invited

This would be great to wear to the animal shelter, especially when I'm helping to "cat test" dogs and see if they can go to a home with a cat.

bonezz322

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonezz322
Re: Rock Paper Scissors... Zombie?

Thanks for taking a look at our design!

{{volmod edit: advertising belongs in your signature and not in your comments. To edit your signature, please click on "my account" found under your username at the top of any woot page. Thanks.}}

gravytrain1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gravytrain1
Re: Rise of the Machines

GMV, I am tech nerd, but I love me some books!

mdmbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdmbunny
lonelypond wrote:ha! nice. for those of us unashamed of our disco impulses ; )

Thanks (:=

dannidoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannidoll
midgerock wrote:Its tough being the new kid. Especially when its in whole different universe and timeline.

This was inspired with the thought "what would be an oddball to a trekkie or sci fi geek?"

So I imagined they probably look down on LARPer's and fantasy nerds. Then I imagined Galdalf being transferred to a new school and runs into the hall monitor in the hall with his fellow trek enthusiasts, who asks him,
"Hey new kid! Do you have your hall pass?"

Fast Forward to adult Gandalf facing a Balrog...
Puts it all into a new context. He was wanting to see the Balrog's hall pass.

5 colors on brown.
I hope you dig it. Let me know in the comments below and open to ctitique as well!
Thanks for the support!

I absolutely love your drawing style. The characters have so much personality, and the color palette is fantastic!

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode

glossy!

kateweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kateweb
amh wrote:2 colors. Each sheep is slightly different, and of course, a black sheep.
This is my first cartoony shirt on Woot and among my first submissions along with the 4 Luck design in this derby.

Constructive or just good comments would be loved and appreciated.

I like it, but it looks like you were trying to stay in the printable area, try spreading the ones around the edges out a little.
The poor black sheep no one will want to spin his wool

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
bassanimation wrote:LOL for a minute I was thinking "Wait, why is The One Ring in there with a bunch of fries?" I am a dork. This is very cute!

I was eating spaghetti the other night at this one place I got the odd rotini noddle in with my regular spaghetti noodles. ^^;

Wait! Did you mean "The One Ring" to rule them all?!?!
Tha'ts way better than a Jatravartid onion ring.
I'm such a dork. How did that just click now?
It's 5am where I am. My brain works weird, cause I couldn't fall asleep until I asked.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Jimi, Jim, Janice and...Justin?!

This is great! But, couldn't you have made Bieber, like, falling down, or something? I get the idea from the title. But it's not apparent, from the illo. Maybe more of a nasty look on Jimi's face? Some sign of irritation from Jim and Janis?
BTW, the colors are ridiculous.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: the fourth evil

I'm give'n you a + more cause I like your comment than I do a super creeper monkey, and cause you always do crazy quality work.

Here's to fight'n the good fight.
+ uno

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
paigeg wrote:This is great! But, couldn't you have made Bieber, like, falling down, or something? I get the idea from the title. But it's not apparent, from the illo. Maybe more of a nasty look on Jimi's face? Some sign of irritation from Jim and Janis?
BTW, the colors are ridiculous.

Thank you, thank you! I worked so long on the individual illustrations that I was pressed for time putting them all together. I really wanted to do something extra special to Bieber, but rats...I had to get it in. It is what it is.

samanimation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samanimation
Re: Acquired Taste

i am seriously in love with this. please print!

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
paigeg wrote:Your style is very nice, and I like the colors you've chosen.

Thank you very much!

cherylfrancis

getshighoncocacola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages getshighoncocacola
Re: BLACK SHIP OF THE FAMILY

This is great! I am definitely the black ship of the family and I would defintely wear this. GMV!

"No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on the proper occasions."~Henry Ward Beecher

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
BootsBoots wrote:Lol! That's pretty funny.

Thanks!

getshighoncocacola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages getshighoncocacola
Re: Sticking Out

Aaah! Must. Have! I love hedgehogs and this is so unbelievably cute! I love it. :D
GMV and I'm really hoping this wins, it's adorable.

As an interesting fact, 'urchin' is actually an old word for a hedgehog, so 'sea urchin' literally means 'sea hedgehog'. He's got more in common with his little spiky friends than he realises!

Hoping this gets back in the fog...I, for one, like the choice of white, even though I'm not a huge fan of white shirts, because, as you said, it really makes the black 'pop'. The hedgehog's expression is wonderful. Heck, everything about this shirt is wonderful. :D
Here's hoping it makes it! *crosses fingers*

"No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on the proper occasions."~Henry Ward Beecher

cdrewlow

cherylfrancis wrote:I had no idea.

Rejected or not, it's still amazing.

cherylfrancis

cdrewlow wrote:Rejected or not, it's still amazing.

Wow. Thank you! Good start to Valentine's Day, don't you think? lololol!!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Self-Expression

I really like the color combination here, it's quite beautiful.

cdrewlow

kylemittskus wrote:And the fact that this shirt is not in the fog is really sad.

So true. This and "Happiness" not being in the fog anymore made for a bad Monday morning.

amykatpat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amykatpat
Re: The Girl in the Yellow Dress

Contact!! I love it!

cdrewlow

kevlar51 wrote:This turned out really great--I really like the change you made from the pre-derby thread. The pig in the bag makes the story much more interesting!

I agree. So much cooler with the pig in the bag.

melissann34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melissann34
paigeg wrote:LOL! It's probably a little simplistic to really appeal, but I for one love Moai references.

aw thanks... yeah after I sub'ed I realized I could have spent more time on details and such (make the facial expressions a but different on each of the upright moais and maybe give them more of a stone feel with cracks etc)... but it was my weekend with my bf and I almost didnt even do a design because I was so busy lol Thanks for the mention tho

~melissann

paintbing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paintbing

Nice Turtle! It's good to know that there are still artists that can be still be creative with the turtle (or bunny, or penguin). I voted! =)

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

Soooo cute. The turtle would make a good teapot, too, but I really like the way there's a pool of tea in the shell. Did you come up with this idea during the last derby?

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Odd Bear Out

Very cute! Looks like a winner to me. I especially love the panda's expression.

Two years without missing a derby? Really? I admire that dedication. I tried not to miss any derbies for a long time, but eventually decided not to force it when I had no ideas or not enough time... But that's really cool that you stuck to it, I love looking through your archive on shirt.what.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: The Smart Cookie

I'm a baking geek...how could I NOT love this?

If it wins...I will do my best to re-create this scene with actual baked goods.

Heck, I might do that either way, it sounds like fun. :D

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
kinzoku wrote:Soooo cute. The turtle would make a good teapot, too, but I really like the way there's a pool of tea in the shell. Did you come up with this idea during the last derby?

I got this idea on Saturday this week. I can't remember what made me think of it. Maybe last week's T-ea derby was hanging around in my mind. =D I do tend to hyper focus on animals and I was drawing turtles last week so I don't know. LOL, I was trying to decide between the tea cup and the teapot for this idea and decided to stick with my original idea of the slowly running away tea cup turtle.