squirlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squirlin
Re: Slow Seeped tea

You know way back in junior high I actually made a turtle teapot. As a turtle it looked pretty sweet but my ceramic skills left it's functionality as a teapot wanting. The spout channel was too narrow and he dribble vomits any liquid you attempt to poor from him. Anyways that turtle is a fine design . . .maybe some day he gets realized in 3 dimensions? Just puting it out there.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Re: I'm a fruit too!

Usage of other's clipart

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
suzyleejj wrote:It could also be rock paper scissor rainmaker!

But nothing beats volcano. Everybody knows that!

Especially when your two stoopid (HA TAKE THAT JAVATARD, or whatever you say) older brothers keep beating (not the hitting kind of beat, the winning kind) you, and you have to do the chores.

"1..2..3.. VOLCANO! Have fun with the lawn mower, im gonna go watch Saturday morning cartoons. "

Sorry for taking up so much space. I dont know how to make the shirt links horizontal

Rock Paper Scissors VOLCANO!

There's always gotta be one

freverballerina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freverballerina
Re: Another Dimension

I totally agree with Pixelpants. I like the deeper meaning of this tee. NICE!

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
Re: You Weren't Invited

this makes me think of my 2 cats and my roommates dog. she always wants to play with them but they don't like her near them at all :P

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
Mavyn wrote:The celebrity likeness thing is one of the long standing rules that applies to all derbies but isn't listed in the individual derby guide. Celebs, booze, toilet humor, religion...there are several 'do not touch' items.

Thank you! I'm learning as I go.

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter
coffeeshop26 wrote:Thinking Narwhals were mythical is better than my husbeast thinking Unicorns truly existed in New Zealand. True Story.

Wait.. are you telling me Unicorns aren’t from New Zealand..
I thought they were just really hard to catch giving the idea to say there mythical..

Ps. I'm joking..
PPs. or am I?

squirlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squirlin
Re: happiness

i've convinced myself that the general dislike of white shirts is whats keeping this design from staying fogged. Perhaps try submitting on heather grey if its not too much of an artistic compromise? I wants this shirt you see. . . also really would have liked to own. . "yay" i think it was called (sorry if thats not right), a flame riding some guy's back from the fire derby.

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter
Re: Phoenix on a wire

Very clever idea.
Very poorly executed.

EchoSeven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EchoSeven

Aye, Pyrite be fool's gold.

dannidoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannidoll
Re: Jimi, Jim, Janice and...Justin?!

Bummer about this being rejected. Your artwork is really nice. I liked your submission from last week a lot, as well. =)

npromero

Re: The Fifth Element?

I clicked right past this the first time. How did I miss the joke?
Awesome work! :D

+ uno

npromero

Re: Duck, Duck, GOOSE!

Is it weird that I can smell the cuteness of baby powder, and Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo when I see this shirt?

tamsenita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamsenita

I'm surprised the smart cookie isn't talking about pi... (;o)

locustpr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locustpr
Re: Pop the Flightless Dragon

Wow, thanks for the love in vote form and getting me into the top 100, which is a shirt.woot first for me and the 'mile' marker I'd set for myself to begin with.

Especially now that I can see some of my lackluster shading at the bottom for what it is.

Well, cheers and again thanks for looking.

curiousme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curiousme

Awesome!!!!!!!!

novastarj

quality posts: 31 Private Messages novastarj
Re: Pop the Flightless Dragon

I really like the artwork. I think you'd be much higher actually if you had an earlier submission.

I think with a few minor tweaks (like the shading on the bottom, which you noted) and an early submission this is close to a "Fog" quality entry.

Keep up the good work!

curiousme

Awesome!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Really nice work on this one pixel. I like the contrast between the the super clean graphic lines of the fish pattern and the much looser organic flowing lines of the main fish that really add to the movement of the piece. The background with its business detracts slightly from the main fish but this is still excellent work. I too wonder what it may have lloked like on a lighter shirt, maybe even the light silver from AA (please woot get that color soon). Again great job +1

tjost

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=50170]MetalHeadz Only (resub two cymbals

This is a really great little shirt. nice work +1

tjost

Re: Rise of the Machines

Nice, I had a bunch of ideas for this derby but only had time for 1 (busted one of my ribs and I'm out of commision for a bit) and one of them was very much like this +1

tjost

Re: Werewolf Astronaut (V2 - resub)

Haha, I love the one astronauts vain attempt to throw a pebble at the beast Nice work +1

curiousme

Awesome!

curiousme

Very nice!!! Awesome!!!!

curiousme

Ha! Ha! I love it!

tjost

Re: Imitation Chocolate Chip Cookie

I'm really surprised that either of the cookie monster ones in this derby aren't doing better. Nice work on this again Lucky.

tjost

Re: Newcomer

This is really nice flyingmouse. Might I add too, your a machine apparently. I know you probably have a stock of already done ideas from your work with threadless and your personal shop but man you've pumped out 5 or 6 designs for the last several derbies. That sir is impressive

tjost

Re: The Bus Stop

Great job on this and bummer it fell out of the fog, though it is nice of you to let some other people win once in a while ;)

Arand3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arand3
Re: Self-Expression

ABSOLUTELY YES! This t-shirt is awesome!

Papaya79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Papaya79

I love your attention to detail in this piece. Truly beautiful art, very well done!

dwayri

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri
gcappuccio wrote:How many people can win the derby?

There will be three winners -- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place -- that will sell on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

npromero

Nightshooter wrote:Very clever idea.
Very poorly executed.

really? you think?
Im gonna go on the defensive for this shirt.
I love the Phoenix, and I love even more that the two birds next to him are on fire.

Very clever idea, and awesomely executed

tjost

Re: The Girl in the Yellow Dress

This is a nice concept. Has a very A-HA take on me vibe to it One thing to watch that I see many people do when they draw a figure in the form you did with a bent leg, is to make sure that the two leges are of even legth even though one is bent. Right now it appears that one of the legs is longer then the other. Goog job though and keep it up +1

tjost

Re: Odd Ball

Nice literal yet comical take on the theme +1

tjost

Spiritgreen wrote:Nice linework, and I think the most distinctive thing about your designs, your tjostiness, is your shading. The way you light your characters and the style of your shadows. It's very cool.

tjostiness, haha I like that I'll have to patent it

Thanks everyone for the support on this so far!

curiousme

Awesome!

shaunesay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaunesay
PixelPants wrote:Funny quote to use paigeg, since I stayed up all night to get it done.
The response to this design has really surprised me and all the favourable comments are very humbling. Thanks to each one of you.

Follow the link to a bonus wallpaper of the fish pattern I created for the design. Laboratory testing of the wallpaper lead to eye-strain, lost icons and deep empathy for unhappy fish.

Unhappy Two-Dimensional Fish

My eyes kept trying to make that wallpaper into one of those designs where you unfocus your eyes and see a 3-D picture! I really want this one, so hoping it prints, love pretty fish designs!

megan1978

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megan1978
Re: Poo-too-weet

I love this so. If it doesn't make it this time please PLEASE resub as soon as you can! Thanks and great job!

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Assassin15 wrote:Ah! Better!

Thanks man!! (o;

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
tjost wrote:This is a really great little shirt. nice work +1

Thanks tjost!! (o;