FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365
tjost wrote:This is really nice flyingmouse. Might I add too, your a machine apparently. I know you probably have a stock of already done ideas from your work with threadless and your personal shop but man you've pumped out 5 or 6 designs for the last several derbies. That sir is impressive

Hi yea, I have some stock. But I actually done 4 new designs for the latest Derby entry Will make at least 2 new designs every week for the coming Derby.

juhkystar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juhkystar
Re: Poo-too-weet

No! I was looking forward to buying two of these - one to wear and one to frame, but now it seems I'm out of luck. What the hell?! This is just a beautiful shirt. Are people just not seeing this??? Please put it up somewhere else if it doesn't make it here.

~Sketchbook Romantic~

spaceman817

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spaceman817
Re: The White Whale

"Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! And since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!" -Melville

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
Re: Odd Man Out

I guess if it gets rejected for being a ripoff of a photo, I can't protest too much. Boycott avoided this time, Woot. But I'm keeping a close eye on you.

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
npromero wrote:I don't think I'd wear it either, but I'm giving you a +Uno cause you did a bang up job. Especially when compared to some of the ones with more votes. Hell I'm happy when my shirts get more than 10 votes, but thats because I suck at drawing, but Im really good at sharing. :P

Ahywho keep up the good work!

Thanks Npr, you have convinced me that I should just keep at it... eventually something is bound to reciprocate. Cheers!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

kaznai

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kaznai
Re: Predator

Do better! I need you!

Talking to the shirt of course. Excellent work, as always, good sir.

I don't usually have much to say, so words from me mean you're doing something very right.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Werewolf Astronaut (V2 - resub)

I like your solution to showing expressions through a visor and the moon surface looks good on the shirt placement Spiritgreen. Congratulations on your full year of submissions with a great variety of ideas and styles while maintaing such a consistently good standard.

PixelPants

Re: MIDDLE SCHOOL TRANSFER STUDENT

The red shirt looks under threat from toppling books. He'll be gone by the end of the semester for sure. Your drawing style sits really well on this one as does the muted color scheme midgerock.

penichillin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penichillin
Re: The White Whale

I really like this one, but I feel like the other whales could have used a little tweaking. Something about them is not quite there. I really like the lines and styles of the white whale.

penichillin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penichillin
Re: Rock Paper Scissors... Zombie?

Pretty clever as far as zombie shirts go.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
tamsenita wrote:I'm surprised the smart cookie isn't talking about pi... (;o)

Well, he's got a pie chart in his bubble.

tidus755

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tidus755

I really hope this prints :D

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Odd Ball

WANT.

I hope this prints. This is great work. Love the palette and the shading.

swuster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swuster

WOW this is incredible. Sign me up for one; this better make it to print!

ittybittyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ittybittyx
Re: Odd Bear Out

One more gargleblaster - love this!
Totally reminds me of being the "healthy lunch" kid in elementary school! Why no twinkies, mom? Why? Now I'm often the only vegetarian out at group dinners, and it feels very much the same.

And I echo the congrats on 2 years of designing! I just discovered woot a little while ago, but your work is always extremely well-done.

I hope this prints! Good luck!

getshighoncocacola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages getshighoncocacola
Re: How low can you go?

I love the expression on the last one's face! Reminds me really strongly of Charlie Brown for some reason. Not my favorite design on here, but it's still cute. Good luck!

"No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on the proper occasions."~Henry Ward Beecher

ittybittyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ittybittyx
Re: Incognito

the argyle totally makes this shirt! Great job!

getshighoncocacola

Re: badger badger

Cute idea, but the human smiles on the badgers are waaaaaaay too creepy for me to wear this. They're actually pretty disturbing and I don't disturb easily. I think I know what happened to the other mushroom and what's about to happen to this one. Poor little guy! Someone save him!
That said, I still wish you luck, sir! *salutes*

"No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on the proper occasions."~Henry Ward Beecher

getshighoncocacola

Re: badger badger

Cute idea, but the human smiles on the badgers are waaaaaaay too creepy for me to wear this. They're actually pretty disturbing and I don't disturb easily. I think I know what happened to the other mushroom and what's about to happen to this one. Poor little guy! Someone save him!
That said, I still wish you luck, sir! *salutes*

DynamiteDG

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DynamiteDG

I love it Boots! Poor Gary, he should be so much happier!

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Heart Breaker

1, 2, 3, hearts. OH CRAP! what happened to the last one.

This shirt is dedicated to all the stewpid rejected shirts.
Bring it one GIANT CRAP-TASTIC RED STAMP!

Hope you all like it.

npromero

Also for all the lonesome hearts on Valentines Day.
Here's to one more round before passing out.

npromero

Last comment,

One more dedication.
Because I haven't been rejected this round. Im collecting those stamps like they're hooker tradding cards on the Vegas Strip (go to vegas and you'll get the joke).

:D,
Stinko-Man

mdmbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdmbunny
tjost wrote:Nice literal yet comical take on the theme +1

eh eh, thanks (:

mdmbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdmbunny
thewronggrape wrote:WANT.

I hope this prints. This is great work. Love the palette and the shading.

ah, thank you (:

npromero

marzipanapple wrote:You have a nice clean style. I've been jaded on phoenix designs, but I can see the potential here in your style.

Just a few tips, if you're willing. The birds look as though they've been copy/pasted. Usually, this is going to make a design look stale unless there's an obvious reason the designer is using it (to make a point/to make a repeating design). Otherwise, if you *do* want to copy/paste, one of the tricks I do is to go back over it and change a few things. It keeps the design engaging.
Aaand, that's really all I have. The rest is mostly my own opinion. The message is a little muddled to me(out of context, it's hard to figure out what the little guy is or isn't doing in the middle), and it might be nice to have one more color somewhere.

Howdy howdy howdy,

A few comments of my own.
It's too low of a res to tell if it's really C&P, such the nature of jpegs. Yes, I get that the two adults look like mirror images. But they are mother and father of a incredibly rare species of bird. In fact so rare they are consider by most to be mystical. As for the little guy in the middle, he is being re-born. From the ashes come a child when in consideration of Phoenix.
Actually to quote a professional in the field, " It's a shame you had to see him on a Burning Day. He's really very handsome most of the time, wonderful red and gold plumage. Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads, their tears have healing powers, and they make highly faithful pets." (Wilfred Albus Dumbledore: The Order of the Phoenix, pg 151)
The plumage in mention helps describe "what the little guy is or isn't doing in the middle".

I believe this is whats considered getting schooled, geek style.

PixelPants

cherylfrancis wrote:
Can anyone tell me: Is there a way to look up a particular artist on here, other than looking for them in the comments, or submissions?

Try shirt.what?. You can search by artist, derby and shirt. All the thumbnails link back to the shirt.woot! site.

boobsmurphy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boobsmurphy
Re: Baa Baa Bad Sheep v2

Love the color change of the shirt, I would definitely buy this. =)

sindorf679

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sindorf679
viscosity2004 wrote:More than 6 colors?

Is it? Sorry, its my first entry. I'll double check.

nevetnod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nevetnod
Re: The Happy Floopy Poopies and Gary

I'm pretty sure there is a mile-long queue of Garys standing behind Gary, you know, like when you go bowling and you think there's only one pin left but there's really another one directly behind it that you couldn't even see. Those yellow guys are the oddballs. Gary knows.

I like celery.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Werewolf Astronaut (V2 - resub)

That's very, very kind. Thanks PixelPants!

I have been through a lot of different styles in the last year. ^_^ I'm thinking now that this particular design would have been more fun if the proportions were exaggerated a lot more. I'll try to develop that in future.

@tjost, it's a golf ball - but yes, not very effective against a werewolf. Especially the direct-lunar-contact, super powered, space-breathing variety. :p

@fishbiscuit, thanks fishy!

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
npromero wrote:Howdy howdy howdy,

A few comments of my own.
It's too low of a res to tell if it's really C&P, such the nature of jpegs. Yes, I get that the two adults look like mirror images. But they are mother and father of a incredibly rare species of bird. In fact so rare they are consider by most to be mystical. As for the little guy in the middle, he is being re-born. From the ashes come a child when in consideration of Phoenix.
Actually to quote a professional in the field, " It's a shame you had to see him on a Burning Day. He's really very handsome most of the time, wonderful red and gold plumage. Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads, their tears have healing powers, and they make highly faithful pets." (Wilfred Albus Dumbledore: The Order of the Phoenix, pg 151)
The plumage in mention helps describe "what the little guy is or isn't doing in the middle".

I believe this is whats considered getting schooled, geek style.

I like it.

cherylfrancis

PixelPants wrote:Try shirt.what?. You can search by artist, derby and shirt. All the thumbnails link back to the shirt.woot! site.

Thanks! I've actually been there, but didn't realize I could do that.

cherylfrancis

I've never been to Vegas, but the other two dedications ring true for me. Aaah...that damned red stamp!!

cherylfrancis

Re: Just a little paint

This is darling. )

spaceman817

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spaceman817
penichillin wrote:I really like this one, but I feel like the other whales could have used a little tweaking. Something about them is not quite there. I really like the lines and styles of the white whale.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mich22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mich22
artbreaker wrote:Brilliant

Yes. We wants it. ;)

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Mavyn wrote:I'm a baking geek...how could I NOT love this?

If it wins...I will do my best to re-create this scene with actual baked goods.

Heck, I might do that either way, it sounds like fun. :D

Please do it!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
cherylfrancis wrote:hahahaha!!! Honestly, I did the loud, "HA!" on this one. I LOVE it!!

Haha! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

sealag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sealag

I think it would be funnier if "see no evil" was on the end before "smell no" looking through a slit in his fingers...but still a great take on this derby.

All who wander are not lost.