midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
PixelPants wrote:The red shirt looks under threat from toppling books. He'll be gone by the end of the semester for sure. Your drawing style sits really well on this one as does the muted color scheme midgerock.

glad someone mentioned the red shirt. I thought it wasn't obvious enough apart from the fact that the other trekkies are using him to carry all their books. Thanks for the comment and support.

invisiblemonsters1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblemonsters1
Re: Acquired Taste

If this shirt prints I am definitely buying it!

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
npromero wrote:Howdy howdy howdy,

A few comments of my own.
It's too low of a res to tell if it's really C&P, such the nature of jpegs. Yes, I get that the two adults look like mirror images. But they are mother and father of a incredibly rare species of bird. In fact so rare they are consider by most to be mystical. As for the little guy in the middle, he is being re-born. From the ashes come a child when in consideration of Phoenix.
Actually to quote a professional in the field, " It's a shame you had to see him on a Burning Day. He's really very handsome most of the time, wonderful red and gold plumage. Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads, their tears have healing powers, and they make highly faithful pets." (Wilfred Albus Dumbledore: The Order of the Phoenix, pg 151)
The plumage in mention helps describe "what the little guy is or isn't doing in the middle".

I believe this is whats considered getting schooled, geek style.

Quick edit. This is from The Chamber of Secrets.

On another side note, it's hard to quote when you're drunk. :D

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Different Taste

this is so funny!

walmazan

Re: Slow Seeped tea

This is so cute and amazing! this design make feel good!, Congrats Diana

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: Rise of the Machines

sorry your not getting more votes.

A thought I had: while red generally indicates danger, giving the electronics a BSoD may have been more poignant. Tho then you'd likely get people telling you that the malfunctioning comps don't endanger the book *shrug*

walmazan

Re: The Fifth Element?

I love this characters! Keep doing an amazing work!

walmazan

Re: Mugs

Love the mugs and coloring! looks amazing +1

walmazan

Re: pizza party!

This is amazing, and deserve more votes!

+1

dwayri

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri
Re: Creepiest Triplets Ever

I think I saw this on an episode of the X-Files.

sindorf679

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sindorf679
viscosity2004 wrote:More than 6 colors?

It is more than six colors. Do I just resubmit it? What happens to the votes it already has?

ElanorRigby

quality posts: 14 Private Messages ElanorRigby
Re: You Weren't Invited

I HAVE to have this shirt! I laughed out loud when I saw it...the dog's face is so blank and the cat is soooo hacked off...perfect! Er, I mean purrrfect.

Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Re: The Black Sheep

chump, you did a wolfie one! X3

*now biggest fan ever*

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

Irisprite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Irisprite
endangeredomega wrote:I doubt it was the artist's intent, but as someone with ties to the transgender community, I can't help but see this as insensitive at best, and insulting at worst.

I completely agree and had the same reaction upon seeing this shirt. It's quite insensitive toward gender identity and doesn't acknowledge the gender spectrum upon which we all fall, but rather the binary male-female system that our society pushes.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
thurdl01 wrote:Reminds me a lot of the Pixar short "For the Birds" but not so close that I think there's any problem. Big fan of this design.

Yeah, that's what i thought of too! That's one of my favorite Pixar shorts. Very cool design

meghanwelsh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meghanwelsh

I'm so sad this did not get more votes. I love it.

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester

I can't believe the number of votes this week!! 10th place already has over 600 votes on Tuesday. Very impressive. I didn't take the time to look back but it's got to be close to a record.

RedXIII

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RedXIII

This is the first wearable shirt I've seen on this site in no joke over 6 months. I swear the demographic for this site has to be very young, because all the winners every week look like something I would wear when I was 8 to 14 years old...

Nice design, even if you don't win. Voted.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: the gentlemen

I'm offended that the blue men in the design do not have mustaches, monocles and top hats as a true gentleman would have!!! And its called "The Gentlemen"!?? Poppy c-o-c-k, I say! POPPY C-O-C-K!!! Those aren't gentlemen!! This design IS AN AFFRONT to all the true gentlemen out there, which I ,dear sir, am!
This design spits on the ideals and way of life true gentlemen pursue and hold dear! I call a pox on you, sir! A POX!!! BROUHAHA!!

end scene.

btw, I like the design. very simple and wearable. As to being offensive, meh. You can read into anything you want. That's what's great about art. Its always up to interpretation and cause debate. If this does that, kudos to you. Not saying its high art by any means but if it causes discussion let alone awareness of a lifestyle or cause, I think its a good thing. +1

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
frinkeldoodle wrote:Aww, poor icosagon.

Close: "icosahedron." Because it is a solid (made up of equilateral triangles with 5 triangles meeting at each vertex. Thus, it is a Platonic Solid).

Those d6 really are just bullies. Don't they realize d20's usefulness? No, they just steal his trading card money.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: the gentlemen

Ok, everyone! The jig is officially up. I've spent years upon years sitting high atop my mountain of white privileged money pile that I got from having a cushy job handed to me fresh out of boarding school. It was fulfilling for awhile, but it got boring.

My spiral into discrimination was a slow and dark decent. At first, I would simply toss rocks from my pedestal onto the heads of the lowly minorities that would cower beneath me, but that too, was not enough. I have now unleashed upon the masses this masterpiece of hate. After successfully knocking the transgendered down a few pegs with this design, next week I shall come after another. And I shall do this over and over until my cold, cold heart ticks it's final tick and I will pass my white-hetero fortune unto my immaculate son.

Edit: Muahahahahaha!

crazysis02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazysis02
npromero wrote:Last comment,

One more dedication.
Because I haven't been rejected this round. Im collecting those stamps like they're hooker tradding cards on the Vegas Strip (go to vegas and you'll get the joke).

:D,
Stinko-Man

I collected over a hundred of those cards once. (I was 17, there was nothing else to do on the strip ;)

dreamwootseeker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker

Why hasn't this fogged yet??!!! C'mon, it has all the classic ingredients! Ramy, turtles, and a pop culture reference that makes all the nerds wet their pants and start voting!

There's still a chance wooters, weird eyed turtles seen a million times before FTW! Ramy forever!!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

I doubt it was the artist's intent, but as someone with ties to the Mexican-American community, I can't help but see this as insensitive at best, and insulting at worst.

P.S.
How did you know my tía Irene has that exact mustache?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
dreamwootseeker wrote:Why hasn't this fogged yet??!!! C'mon, it has all the classic ingredients! Ramy, turtles, and a pop culture reference that makes all the nerds wet their pants and start voting!

There's still a chance wooters, weird eyed turtles seen a million times before FTW! Ramy forever!!

This was fogged over the weekend and has slid down ever since.

Must be all that goop.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

aausterm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aausterm
Re: a monster in disguise

My one thought is how is he going to eat the other cookies?

Even still this shirt is great!

penichillin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penichillin
spaceman817 wrote:Thanks for the feedback!

No problem. Also, I forgot to mention that the waves are really well done.

amh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amh
RedXIII wrote:This is the first wearable shirt I've seen on this site in no joke over 6 months. I swear the demographic for this site has to be very young, because all the winners every week look like something I would wear when I was 8 to 14 years old...

Nice design, even if you don't win. Voted.

I completely agree. I honestly though my other shirt would do better for being cartoony and girly. I'm glad this one turned out to do fairly well. Lately it's been hard to find shirts that aren't just for women and cartoony/cutesy on shirt.woot.com.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Keep voting though, we are still far from top 3

piakul

quality posts: 1 Private Messages piakul
Re: ...And Then What?!

no text... or religion

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
squirlin wrote:i've convinced myself that the general dislike of white shirts is whats keeping this design from staying fogged. Perhaps try submitting on heather grey if its not too much of an artistic compromise? I wants this shirt you see. . . also really would have liked to own. . "yay" i think it was called (sorry if thats not right), a flame riding some guy's back from the fire derby.

Have you seen his tees for sale?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ladykiwi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladykiwi

viceversaartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viceversaartist
piakul wrote:no text... or religion

This is not "religion"...it's pointing at how society is becoming too money centered...and hey, it got in.

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Odd Man Out

I'm a little new to woot and woot shirt design. I used many different photo references to hand draw the design. Next time no references and hopefully I can get the same support. Sorry Woot community. Won't let it happen again!

walmazan

Re: Black Swan

This is so nice and wearable! really nice work!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: Even his balloon knows it...

It looks like he's got some green armpit funk going on!

enesvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enesvy
Re: Acquired Taste

Cutest zombies EVAR!!

You're messin' with my zen thing, man.

walmazan

Re: Just a little paint

Wow! my friend, your work here its perfect!

Congratulations! I will totally buy it!

skgtheblij

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skgtheblij
Re: The Smart Cookie

Hmmm... Shirt's message is ambiguous and truly DOA, play on words is dated, and I'm afraid recreating high school with baked goods just isn't shirt worthy, no matter how 'cute' the cupcakes are, or how much chocolate chips happen to look like zits. Far better art than I could ever accomplish though, just wish those talents were used for something a little less meh.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Re: The Smart Cookie

this is...adorable! I hope it prints!

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Incognito

Nice design! I only just saw it. This is a tough week.

+1