npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: The Only Sad Balloon

That kid's a jerk! But i really like the balloon vendor and his balloons. Good work.

iceburgdesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iceburgdesign
Re: Odd Bear Out

I am glad to see that my vegetarian brothers also identify with this, nice job.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: There's always gotta be one

I wanna thank everybody who's voted for this little guy.
The 40+ votes area is where some really good shirts start to congregate. These little guy's are now in a class with artist much more talented than I. In fact I don't really consider what I do art, more of brain farts that you all have to see.

Anyhow, thank you for all the support.

:D,
Stinko-Man

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
odysseyroc wrote:I doubt it was the artist's intent, but as someone with ties to the Mexican-American community, I can't help but see this as insensitive at best, and insulting at worst.

P.S.
How did you know my tía Irene has that exact mustache?

When you stop rubbing your delicious tacos in all of our faces*, I'll stop doing...um... whatever it is I'm doing.

P.S.
Your Aunt doesn't exactly hide it.

*Yes, I totally just said that.

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
Re: Self-Expression

I like how a turtle is one of the "uncreative" characters in this...

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

PixelPants

quality posts: 67 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=50170]MetalHeadz Only (resub two cymbals

You come up with strong ideas each week, just like this one, and really know how to execute them in a fitting style.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: The Black Sheep

Thank you all so much for the support! I am truly glad you are enjoying this piece.

phd2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phd2001
Re: Odd Bear Out

the thumbnail looks like the panda is rolling a j lol, cute design

jabberwok

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jabberwok

Hah!! Let's just see that kid with a BB gun try something now!

Love the concept. This gets my vote.

motorwerks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages motorwerks
Re: THE 7th DWARF GOES ( mini ) EVIL

This made me chuckle.

viscosity2004

quality posts: 7 Private Messages viscosity2004
sindorf679 wrote:It is more than six colors. Do I just resubmit it? What happens to the votes it already has?

I wasn't actually sure if it was more than six colors, I was confused by the color palette having more than six...

If it gets rejected, I think you'll lose your votes & will have to resub anyway.

umoriara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages umoriara
Re: Spork

This shirt needs to print! There is a lack of spork related awesome shirts out there...and I want one...or a million.

Spork fans, unite!! And vote for this shirt please

fishermanswife

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fishermanswife
Re: Self-Expression

Is the lion Aslan (from the Chronicles of Narnia)?

lukampen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukampen

Dude that's profound. And quite brilliant.

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
Re: AHH it's a mutant!

I love your art but this, I'll have to pass on.
The appendages look like they belong on an elephant. Sorry, but I have to pass on this one Ramy!

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
PixelPants wrote:You come up with strong ideas each week, just like this one, and really know how to execute them in a fitting style.

Thanks a lot my friend , glad you like my work , yours is great also and hope another dimension makes it to the top i love it!

cheers mate! (o;

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
Re: BAD MOTHERDUCKER

lol gmv!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Imitation Chocolate Chip Cookie

Cheer tjost, glad you like it!

tigtig67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigtig67
endangeredomega wrote:I doubt it was the artist's intent, but as someone with ties to the transgender community, I can't help but see this as insensitive at best, and insulting at worst.

Well, as a trans man I don't find it insulting at all. And I would definitely wear it. It is hysterical.

tigtig67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigtig67
tigtig67 wrote:Well, as a trans man I don't find it insulting at all. And I would definitely wear it. It is hysterical.

And BTW you all take yourselves way too seriously. Lighten up

Thanks

cmdixon2

quality posts: 20 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Predator

Thanks guys!

acperry22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acperry22
Re: Just a little paint

I want this! How do I order it??

anatwork

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anatwork

Love it!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Duck duck duck duck duck GOOSE

A childish entry in every sense of the word. C'mon, you wanna play. Most fun game ever when you're little. Why can't adults play it?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
meh3884 wrote:hah, perfect shirt for year round in Rochester.

Or in Syracuse, where my brother lives!

PixelPants

Re: Incognito

Spiritgreen wrote:Nice design! I only just saw it. This is a tough week.

Yes Meg, this is really great. Always enjoy your designs, but this one appeals to mys sense of humour. Maybe a thumbnail that teases the punchline would have helped more obviously.
Definately GMV.

dwayri

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri

People, why all the hate? If you don't like it, don't vote for it. And if it makes you feel better, vote for every other design.

Ramyb, thanks for one of the best shirts ever, where we witness the wisdom of the elders being passed on to the younger generation: "School". I'll be bummed if it does get reckoned.

PixelPants

This fills the shirt so well without appearing boxed in. Reminds me of good experiences on our family trip to China. +1

ShayAnne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShayAnne

I absolutely love this shirt... but I'm counting seven colors instead of six ;-; I know that the shirt kinda shows through on some of the kitties, I get that and that was smart, however I'm seeing: Charcoal, Black, Pink, White, Gray, Beige, and Tan.

PixelPants

Re: An Unfortunate Meeting

This is another really neat idea that seems to have been overlooked this derby. Clever idea, unique layout and appealing characterisation. +1 from me.

ShayAnne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShayAnne
ShayAnne wrote:I absolutely love this shirt... but I'm counting seven colors instead of six ;-; I know that the shirt kinda shows through on some of the kitties, I get that and that was smart, however I'm seeing: Charcoal, Black, Pink, White, Gray, Beige, and Tan.

Oh I'm a tard. I think it just looks like the gray used on the first kitty is lighter than the one used on the third kitty, but its the same. Nevermind. I hope to see this winning one of the spots!!!

PixelPants

Re: Mugs

Sticking faces on objects can get a bit tired for me (yes, I've done it myself), but the scenario you have set up here really works. The simple styling and cool color scheme has had me come back for another look a couple of times now.

rejecteddounut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rejecteddounut
Re: Just a little paint

I think this is my favorite shirt in this derby. The bamboo in the background is a neat touch.

somwatstrange

quality posts: 2 Private Messages somwatstrange
Re: Phoenix on a wire

Love the art style! Fantastic!

I had something to say, but I seem to have forgotten it.

Spotsmom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Spotsmom
ApeLad wrote:Thanks!

This is cute. Love the smurf. But if there's another pop culture reference, I don't get it. Please explain. This design is very well-done.

dwayri

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri
Re: There's always gotta be one

Great idea and very well done! GMV.

If you were to change it down the road, I would suggest two tweaks (as if you hadn't thought of these already):

1. I would remove the background circles. The design is strong enough to not need them and I think they make the shirt a little busy.

2. The French Fry faces are hard to see and need to be darker.

I think it would also be cool without the faces on the food, but I am probably in the minority with that one.

Spotsmom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Spotsmom
amh wrote:Thank you so-much. By the way, the leaf's dark details are negative space, so if printed, the clovers would have kind of a 3D look. :o

Adore this shirt! Hope it prints.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
Re: The Right Bait

Gotta have the right bait if you want to catch a CATfish ;)

Disclaimer as always: I know my art is on par with that of a 7 year old...please be nice...I just do this for fun...

MachineAmbition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MachineAmbition

I can't handle any more turtles, let alone TMNTurtles. I just want to see one animal or food item that hasn't been glorified several times already. A llama, please? A goat?

MachineAmbition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MachineAmbition
Mwhitlock wrote:Agreed - I really love this shirt but I can't wear white or cream colored shirts due to my own pastiness

Buy one and dye it.

It'd be worth the trouble. This is a statement I can stand behind. Or in, I guess.