jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
Re: The Right Bait

crap... I knew there had been a catfish entry in a previous derby but I didn't realize it had the mouse on a hook too...

JRWorkshop -- I seriously wasn't trying to copy your design...

Taking it down... *sigh*

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
SkekTek wrote:A childish entry in every sense of the word. C'mon, you wanna play. Most fun game ever when you're little. Why can't adults play it?

Because it is too hard to get up off the ground. by the time you do the tagger has already completed the circle.

locustpr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locustpr
Re: What a Catch!

I voted on this because I like the idea and the overall execution/line of the art itself.
But sadly I can't say the same for the layout, the squareness of it all isn't working for me, maybe if you had less fish to begin with or made them seem to be moving rather then just sticker-like? I don't know...

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
dwayri wrote:Great idea and very well done! GMV.

If you were to change it down the road, I would suggest two tweaks (as if you hadn't thought of these already):

1. I would remove the background circles. The design is strong enough to not need them and I think they make the shirt a little busy.

2. The French Fry faces are hard to see and need to be darker.

I think it would also be cool without the faces on the food, but I am probably in the minority with that one.

Thank you so much for the suggestions.

I was actually very undecided on the circles in the back. But I had other work that needed to be done. So i made a coin flip decision in my head and went with it.

As for the colors I actually agree in every way and will definitely keep that in mind for this coming derby.

Whats funny about the faces is that I started making up little stories for the fries as I drew them out.
As for the two on the far left. The one guy top is making a kissy face to the girl on the bottom. All the while the one without a face is a total creeper and is watching. Thats why he doesn't have a face. He's turned around
One is asleep
One has is eyebrow raised cause he's checking out one of the other fries.
And everybody within sight hates the onion ring. Especially the frie that the ring is hanging from. His face had about 8 different builds going from mad to manic.
They we're a lot of fun to make, but thanks again for the input. I'm definitely going to keep all the feedback in mind.

There's always gotta be one

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
Re: Pyrite is Fool's Gold

Hahaha, very funny! Love it.

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
Re: saved by the bun

Where's Kelly!?

renegadetim

Re: Poo-too-weet

I love the design, loved it more on threadless with the lines going over to the back of the shirt too.

I didn't get it at first either, but with the explanations, it makes it that much better.

However.... I still don't get the title. Any help with that?

renegadetim

Re: Odd Ball

This is incredibly well done! The details for each ball makes me really want this shirt.

The faces line up with the stitching on each ball. Baseball and Basketball are really awesome here. Love the personality in each of the balls, and the concept is very clever! GMV

renegadetim

Re: MORE COWBELL!

I love how it turned out. I'm sure the guys in the skit and the band would buy this shirt in an instant.

However, I feel for this audience, the characters need to be dumbed down as the joke probably flies by them. (clearly the animals are dressed and have the likeness of the actual band members)

However, if the pigs and cows had just been straight up pink pigs with guitars, and the cow had been black and white with the cowbell, I think it would be doing better on this stage.

Which puts you in the integrity of the artist debate... do what you like, or what you know will sell? I respect your artistic values and you GMV.

Hope what I said makes sense.

distolin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages distolin
Re: Just a little paint

so awesome!! hope it prints!!

renegadetim

jabberwok wrote:Hah!! Let's just see that kid with a BB gun try something now!

Love the concept. This gets my vote.

HA! I love this interpretation. All the pigeons got this guy to come protect them from the bullies!

scatterling

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scatterling
Re: Acquired Taste

BWAAAAH! Forever alone!

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
Re: HEY 20 SIDES!

icosahedron ay? I am learning something new!
I would love to make this into a full blown comic with a gang called the Six-Siders terrorizing the nerdy d20.

Thanks, all!

daniel164

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daniel164
Re: 4 Luck

I hope I will be able to buy this one. Saint Pattys day will be happening right when I get back from Kuwait and I would really like something to wear right when I get back.

r0ksana

quality posts: 8 Private Messages r0ksana

It's cute as sin : D

dubdubdub

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dubdubdub
rglee129 wrote:The concept of painting living things as vertical beams of light comes from Rabo Karebekian, a character from two of Kurt Vonnegut's novels ("Bluebeard" and my all time favorite, "Breakfast of Champions"). And for those KV fans at home, the buildings are all part of old Dresden.

-R

Great artwork, but you had me at POO-TOO-WEET. I would pay an extra dolla for this shirt if the girl's RC plane was dropping little tiny bombs.

cjsvolley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjsvolley
RandomLynx wrote:Voted for both versions.

I love the shirt! I could see it another way too, with the sheep in the wolf costume walking up to a few other wolves sitting and looking confused, or possibly eating a sheep.

anachro12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anachro12
Re: Acquired Taste

Gotta have this shirt!!!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
SkekTek wrote:A childish entry in every sense of the word. C'mon, you wanna play. Most fun game ever when you're little. Why can't adults play it?

Adults tend to aim the 'goose' a little lower...

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

phatmattk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phatmattk
korvis wrote:The fact that this isn't in the fog makes me lose faith in shirt.woot. It used to have awesome shirts all time, now we just get generic little cartoons all the time.

They should have a "proportional face for each animal/inanimate object" rule. Then we'd have some good shirts in the fog. Seems like every time there's a "No bunnies" rule there's a ton of cat shirts. "No cats" - all mice. "No mice" - all penguins. "No penguins" - all bunnies...

llkingj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llkingj
Re: a monster in disguise

this shirt is awsome !

does anybody know what program he used or any i can use ? ive been trying to make my own design but have no idea what to use.

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: happiness

i freaking love this. love love love love love.

seanmesky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanmesky

I think the robot is a little out of place... KV wasn't really into robots, more of a Humanist. But it's soooo nice to see someone actually try to make ART on here, instead of Jatravartid shirts for tasteless imbeciles.

If only the majority of voters on shirt.woot weren't so base...

So it goes.

tjsynkral

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tjsynkral
odysseyroc wrote:It was misskari in the cooking derby

Yep. Tattled.

If this does not get REJECTED, then it is CLEARLY a double standard.

squirlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squirlin
Mavyn wrote:Have you seen his tees for sale?

oh awesome, I hadn't seen these, thanks!

annesem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annesem
Re: The Happy Floopy Poopies and Gary

I love this! It just made my day.

squirlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squirlin

No I hadn't seen those Mavyn, thanks!

elizaleo06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elizaleo06
utterdamnnonsense wrote:he is supposed to be a crocodile, right? He looks kind of like a frog. Great otherwise.

Really, I thought it was a vague Harry Potter reference with the basilisk being from a chicken egg hatched beneath a toad.

akirahatesyou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akirahatesyou
AdderXYU wrote:Not only that, but in a derby full of obvious relationships, this was a shred unexpected.

I agree! This is a beautifully executed concept. Unique, cute (but not too cutesy), and very well drawn.

Unfortunately, I too don't like white shirts.
...but I'm considering trying them again if this prints...
Oh, what the hey? +1 Voted!

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -Paul Fix

wolfybrie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wolfybrie
Re: BAD MOTHERDUCKER

This reminds me of Eggy from Penguins of Madagascar... one bad ass baby ducky ready for battle.

mdmbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdmbunny
renegadetim wrote:This is incredibly well done! The details for each ball makes me really want this shirt.

The faces line up with the stitching on each ball. Baseball and Basketball are really awesome here. Love the personality in each of the balls, and the concept is very clever! GMV

wow, thank you 8I

you make me want to follow my istinct instead of findindg what people wants ID

akirahatesyou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akirahatesyou

XD hahahaha!
This is fantastic!

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -Paul Fix

DJ9975

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJ9975
Re: AHH it's a mutant!

I think several of the negative posts have disappeared now, but I will say my piece regardless...

While I am quite happy to see Ramy NOT in the fog for yet another similary drawn and overly cutesy submission, I have to say lets at least keep the criticism sensible. If we are going to attack every detail like 'those hands could never hold a weapon' then we have to attack similar silliness in half the shirts submitted. Its a cartoon drawing for cryin out loud- its not expected to have the anatomical prowess of a Marvel comic. (Heck, Veggie Tales is a hiliarious and well done cartoon with characters that live their whole lives sans appendages. But I digress...) Speaking of comics- TMNT was a comic long before it was a video game, so that kills the no-video game references argument as well. The list of Ramy complaints goes far beyond these two examples, but they stand out most in my mind.

Again, I am not really attempting to run to Ramy's defense here since I tend to cringe at most of his submissions. But lets at least attempt to keep our annoyance aimed at something legit about the submission itself (there is generally plenty of good material), and stop throwing our anger around in silly ways making ourselves look like butts.

//end rant

Daruma42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Daruma42
Re: If Wishes Were Shurikens

I dig it ;-)

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • I'm very shallow and empty and I have no ideas and nothing interesting to say.

thatrobert

Re: Another Dimension

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • I'm very shallow and empty and I have no ideas and nothing interesting to say.

thatrobert

Re: MIDDLE SCHOOL TRANSFER STUDENT

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: A Guide for the Good Guys. Villains are obvious.

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Moustache Club

• This is not SPAM.