bluejester


quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
flycat wrote:I don't get this shirt....



It's actually cool, artsy and brilliant all at once, but I didn't get it at first blush either, here is my attempt to break it down.

Every living thing in this design has a colored beam of light by it. The bird, the girl, the cat, even the bug has a distinct color shining in it. However, the bug and the cat are sedintary and the girl--who should be active and involved in life--is playing with the non-living electronic thing. But the robot, who apparently has no unique color because he is not "alive" is taking in the moment and admiring the bird, which is also the only other active "living" thing in this piece. (It beautifully contrats the girl's lack of taking part in life)

It's a bit of a heady shirt if my interpretation is right. It is totally on theme, and I will totally buy this and frame it if it wins.

Did I get it right Robbie?

Edit: I hope I don't sound snobbish, because it did take me a minute or two to realize that it was on theme, because at first I wasn't sure. But the more I look at it, the more I love it.

sasham62


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Re: Hearts



On their album, 91025, Yes said, "Hearts, one heart's for love one's for beating..."
Well, here you've got a few extras for love, but still just one for beating.

Katanaangel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Katanaangel

I really hope this one prints.

I rarely comment and I (obviously) haven't bought many shirts, but last year I had a friend pass way. He was born with a heart problem, and one he had many, many surgeries for over his life. He went in for his "final" surgery to fix an issue that he had lived with all his life. The surgery went very well. He was in the recovery stage, out of ICU, and then suddenly, abruptly, died one afternoon. He was only 28.

For his funeral I made a senbazuru (one thousand paper cranes), with the help of a lot of folks. It's how I got to really know his family, and how they got to know me. He was sort of a black sheep, so this really makes me chuckle in so many varying ways. Fingers crossed this goes all the way to the top.

genericsmith


quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
Re: badger badger



The badgers look a little creepy... and high.

Maybe it's the LAST mushroom, MUSHROOM!.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

pokerins


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pokerins
Re: The Black Sheep



I love the lines but it would be nice to see a more stylized color scheme. That being said, it is an awesome shirt.

katfin25


quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25
logomachinist wrote:I was almost seventeen before I learned that the narwhal was not, in fact, a mythical beast. I'd like to spare others the fate.



My sister-in-law still refuses to believe that Narwhals are real. Even after showing her photos, she swears its all photoshop. It almost resulted in a ridiculous Christmas present for her...

So this would be perfect for her!

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

skirochester


quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Katanaangel wrote:I really hope this one prints.

I rarely comment and I (obviously) haven't bought many shirts, but last year I had a friend pass way. He was born with a heart problem, and one he had many, many surgeries for over his life. He went in for his "final" surgery to fix an issue that he had lived with all his life. The surgery went very well. He was in the recovery stage, out of ICU, and then suddenly, abruptly, died one afternoon. He was only 28.

For his funeral I made a senbazuru (one thousand paper cranes), with the help of a lot of folks. It's how I got to really know his family, and how they got to know me. He was sort of a black sheep, so this really makes me chuckle in so many varying ways. Fingers crossed this goes all the way to the top.



wow... sorry to hear about your friend, but thanks for sharing the story. sounds like you were a good friend. I'm sure making a thousand paper cranes wasn't easy!!

jlprokop1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlprokop1
austin5454 wrote:Poor rich kid cant make a hat with his new media.



Why does the poor rich kid only have one ear?

Katanaangel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Katanaangel
skirochester wrote:wow... sorry to hear about your friend, but thanks for sharing the story. sounds like you were a good friend. I'm sure making a thousand paper cranes wasn't easy!!



Easy, no. I had very little sleep that week coming up to the funeral, but once I got there it was so worth it. Everyone said it was beautiful, and the whole family really loved it.

It's apparently still hanging in his old bedroom at his family's house. Traditionally they're hung up outside, and just allowed to deteriorate with wind/water/whatever, so they say they're just gonna leave it up until it falls apart. I was really flattered.

jewelwing


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: The Happy Floopy Poopies and Gary



Whats Gary's problem?

daaave33


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daaave33

I love it! Rock The Duck!
~ D a3 v e ~

Duck Duck Freak (A.K.A. Pierced Duck)
[/quote]


~ daaave33 ~

Assassin15


quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: AHH it's a mutant!



I think there shoulda been two eyes peeping from the recesses of the hiding turtle's shell.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

bottlehed


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: Acquired Taste



Crap, I did a pencil sketch of this idea, but I don't think I'm gonna spend any more time on it now..

cdrewlow


quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
BootsBoots wrote:I love Vonnegut so much, but I've never read "Bluebeard." Is it one of his better ones?

Oh yeah, and the design is awesome.



I prefer "Cat's Cradle" and "Mother Night", but "Bluebeard" is still a great book.

This shirt is amazing!

borrin1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages borrin1
Re: A Guide for the Good Guys. Villains are obvious.



Looks like one of the faces from Guess Who

expo01


quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Odd Bear Out





love it jasneko! gmv! (o;

lin13


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lin13
Re: Not quite right


blech, that jpeg doesn't look good! Sorry everyone, first submission.

clarinerd


quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
bluejester wrote:It's funny and all, but the positioning of the arm of the thumb/flash drive by the water cooler made me think that he had weird hands and was flipping off the floppy. Maybe if the cup was lower from the nozzle?



Hmm, I didn't see it that way (I'm such an innocent little thing), but if I wind up with some spare time maybe I'll look at that. Hands can be so tricky...

rglee129


quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
bluejester wrote:It's actually cool, artsy and brilliant all at once, but I didn't get it at first blush either, here is my attempt to break it down.

Every living thing in this design has a colored beam of light by it. The bird, the girl, the cat, even the bug has a distinct color shining in it. However, the bug and the cat are sedintary and the girl--who should be active and involved in life--is playing with the non-living electronic thing. But the robot, who apparently has no unique color because he is not "alive" is taking in the moment and admiring the bird, which is also the only other active "living" thing in this piece. (It beautifully contrats the girl's lack of taking part in life)

It's a bit of a heady shirt if my interpretation is right. It is totally on theme, and I will totally buy this and frame it if it wins.

Did I get it right Robbie?

Edit: I hope I don't sound snobbish, because it did take me a minute or two to realize that it was on theme, because at first I wasn't sure. But the more I look at it, the more I love it.



I really like the thought I put into this design. I give it an "A+." But I give the thought you put into this design an "A+++"

Honestly, the core of the design was what you described (living things with vertical beams of light, robot without one), and I just like the imagery of kids flying RC planes (probably after seeing Max Fischer fly one in "Rushmore"). Plus, the airplane works well since it's flying over (actually in the foreground of) images from Dresden ("Slaughterhouse Five" is based on KV's experiences as a solider dealing with the friebombings of Dresden). BUT the idea of the girl admiring a machine, while the robot is admiring life is really cool (although accidental). Still, I tell my art students to use cool imagery, and if compelling storylines or themes accidentally happen, then run with it!

Thanks for great comment!

R

Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Which wallet is yours?

Drawing: Drakxxx
Colors: Crescentdebris

Thank you community!


amh


quality posts: 2 Private Messages amh
Re: An odd Black Sheep



2 colors. Each sheep is slightly different, and of course, a black sheep.
This is my first cartoony shirt on Woot and among my first submissions along with the 4 Luck design in this derby.

Constructive or just good comments would be loved and appreciated.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Sticking Out



I wouldn't wear it, but it is damn paranoid androidin'.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

capedcrusader514


quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
borrin1 wrote:Looks like one of the faces from Guess Who



Is that bad?

missmissa07


quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
Re: Poo-too-weet



Waaaaaant.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

I love them both! And I am posting this same message in both, too. And obviously +1.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus


quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: hear no evil, see n - oh god, Ted has gone crazy!



I love them both! And I am posting this same message in both, too. And obviously +1.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

megsck


quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
genericsmith wrote:I don't think wanting the creature to have a viable way to hold it's weapons is trivial though.

Especially with the thumb nubbins at the top of the weapons... they'd just fall out of his hands.

I didn't say anything about wanting him to get less votes... I don't think I really complained either.

I apologize for annoying you... I don't usually rally against ramy that much (except maybe in the reckoning threads) and I really like your designs, so I'm a little sad you decided to rip into me. You could of at least picked the guy that just said he hated him... Jeez.



im sorry for making my comment seem directed to just you, im more annoyed at the whole thing, im tired of seeing tons of negative posts everytime ramby decides to enter a derby. im pretty sure he knows what some people think of him here so constantly saying it over and over i think is pointless. if his submissions have something valid to respond to, then fine, but just saying mean things is itself mean. there are always some designs in every derby that arnt top quality, but people dont go around tearing them apart. this site has different experience levels so you just have to put up with some submissions not being up to par. i feel that if you dont like it, just dont click on it. again sorry it felt i was picking you out specifically i dont have any negative feelings toward you, just toward the mob like mentality that ramby threads tend to turn into.

rglee129


quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Poo-too-weet



Thanks for all the great comments, everyone.

@Boots, "Bluebeard" is great, but it's not as crazy and cool as some of his other sci-fi'ish stuff. Still, it's about an artist, so I think you'd like it. I've read it twice, and I liked it a lot more the second time.

TonyGreyfox


quality posts: 3 Private Messages TonyGreyfox
Re: Phoenix on a wire



And now there are three firebirds on that wire! ... with more to come, probably. Great shirt!

kylemittskus


quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Poo-too-weet



I just want to say again, NEED!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

missmissa07


quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
missmissa07 wrote:Waaaaaant.



Also-just wanted to make sure-are the pink and the red actually the same color? Because if not I am seeing 7 colors, and I would absolutely hate to see this shirt rejected...

Unless I'm miscounting. Please say I'm miscounting!

walmazan


quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Johndis5 wrote:This is great! Are you still going to do the jail yard one?



Thanks Johndis5, I will try!

missmissa07


quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
jjhatch wrote:Awesome!

But I guarantee you there will be someone who says "But only two of the fellowship walked into Mordor!"



But only two of the fellowship walked into Mordor!

;)

skirochester


quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Re: Sticking Out



as usual... great texture and mood!

megsck


quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: BAD MOTHERDUCKER



hahahaha, the duck is back! i will own one eventually as long as you guys keep putting them out there =) +1

austin5454


quality posts: 1 Private Messages austin5454
jlprokop1 wrote:Why does the poor rich kid only have one ear?



damn.. Probably because I am an human.

rglee129


quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
missmissa07 wrote:Also-just wanted to make sure-are the pink and the red actually the same color? Because if not I am seeing 7 colors, and I would absolutely hate to see this shirt rejected...

Unless I'm miscounting. Please say I'm miscounting!



Thanks for the comment, but, yeah, the plane and the red beam are the same color. The beam is just a half tone so it looks lighter.

meh3884


quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
Re: He Just Wanted to be Popular



what a delight! voted!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

ampersandrea


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ampersandrea
Re: happiness



Ignorance is bliss.

Assassin15


quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Sticking Out



Quite good quite good. I hope this fogs, as it's certainly much better than anything else up there.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas