paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
SeedUvPain wrote:I was walking around my neighborhood today looking for inspiration when it hit me. Comments and suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Lol, yeah! The sketch is great. Can't wait to see the final.

paigeg

paigeg wrote:Lol, yeah! The sketch is great. Can't wait to see the final.

Ermmm... Is anyone getting tossed over to sellout.woot when they hit 'post'?

/edit. Ok, Riiight. This time it didn't happen.
Nevermind - carry on.
/edit, again - it happened again!
Do-do-Do-do, Do-do-Do-do... (Twilight Zone theme, duh!)

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Spiritgreen wrote:So yeah, working on the old fashionned version of the iPod Zombie. This used to be me. :^)

My color rough:

Any suggestions about the design (or a name!) please post 'em. I'm going to start drawing properly now.

The Walkman Returns!!! DUNNN! DUNNN! DUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!

i hear they actually made mummies out of cassette tape when they ran out of linen in 1335 BC

also, mummies are as much of pop culture as cassette tapes are, it would be beyond Sirius GPP if they rejected mummies for being part of pop culture.

lovelydream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovelydream
jasneko wrote:I <3 the look of records... trying to just make a wearable record shirt. Thoughts? Any shirt color preferences (kelly green, kelly green with record player arm, navy blue - can be with or without arm).

It looks much better as the blue!!!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

BFABB (Born from a BoomBox) got bored with my other one and thought of this from a quote.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
SeedUvPain wrote:I was walking around my neighborhood today looking for inspiration when it hit me. Comments and suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Looks like you're taking a Tapo for a Walko.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

Whenever I click post, I get redirected to another woot site =(.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
odysseyroc wrote:Looks good, but I'm going to take you claim of "better" with a grain of salt. It would take a lot to beat a taco de suadero from Tacos El Gordo in San Diego.

Speaking of tacos.... at work we get free lunch provided every Friday...tomorrow its gonna be tacos (probably build your own)

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
CapSea wrote:Looks like you're taking a Tapo for a Walko.

I kept wondering why OdRoc was popping up in my head as I was sketching this. Thanks for the reminder! I'm gonna shoot him a message.

And thanks everyone for the feedback thus far!

paigeg

SeedUvPain wrote:I kept wondering why OdRoc was popping up in my head as I was sketching this. Thanks for the reminder! I'm gonna shoot him a message.

And thanks everyone for the feedback thus far!

Oooooo, do I smell an awesome collab? Or a taco?

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

CapSea wrote:Whenever I click post, I get redirected to another woot site =(.

The codefolk are aware of it. For now you can click on the name of the thread instead of the number and get to it that way. Of course if you're reading this you probably are already aware of that.

fishxsandwich18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fishxsandwich18

This is my fisrt derby. I don't expect this to get as much love as raymb or thatrobert so someone, but I think its a fun idea.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
jasneko wrote:I <3 the look of records... trying to just make a wearable record shirt. Thoughts? Any shirt color preferences (kelly green, kelly green with record player arm, navy blue - can be with or without arm).

Navy for sure

blk909

Navy for sure

paigeg

tgentry wrote:The codefolk are aware of it. For now you can click on the name of the thread instead of the number and get to it that way. Of course if you're reading this you probably are already aware of that.

Phew! Thought I was losing it...

blk909

The Navy rocks!

blk909

paigeg wrote:Ermmm... Is anyone getting tossed over to sellout.woot when they hit 'post'?

Yes!

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain

Progress:

paigeg

fishxsandwich18 wrote:This is my fisrt derby. I don't expect this to get as much love as raymb or thatrobert so someone, but I think its a fun idea.

Lol! Korn's 'Evolution' is now stuck in my head.
Good luck!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

This is what i have. I'll probably do one or two more.

Two Turntables and a Gramophone

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
megsck wrote:BFABB (Born from a BoomBox) got bored with my other one and thought of this from a quote.

Awww - some. Little BBoy in his nest. :D Haha.

paigeg

New thought, while try to work out Victroliana...

Hot, sexy (not too much) Anime-style babe, holding (forward, foreground) this awesome piece of technology

/edit: This coming together awesomely in my head, but the skilz ain't so much. So - anyone:
Anime-babe in skin-tights kneeling on wet pavement, slick, rainy background (hinted at).
She's holding forth, like an offering, this 8-track detonator. The scene is all Frank Miller. All backs, whites, some gray... but the player - and a reflection in a puddle? is RED.
Go! run! Play! Don't wait for me, I can't keep up.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Technology is so gluttonous.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

SOUND BITE

Any color preferences??

paigeg

nathanwpyle wrote:SOUND BITE

Any color preferences??

I'm huge fan of green, usually. But the blue seems to pop more, IMO.

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber

would this work? it's all halftones...

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
bsweber wrote:would this work? it's all halftones...

Are those photos? If so it won't work. Also halftones have to be no smaller then 30lpi.

Also thats not a woot shirt color so you'll have to switch that out too.

paigeg

bsweber wrote:would this work? it's all halftones...

wow. duh - YEAH! oh, puh-LEEZE post a larger file so we can see what you did. I love that sheen on the vinyl.

bsweber

tjost wrote:Are those photos? If so it won't work. Also halftones have to be no smaller then 30lpi.

Ah ok yeah, I forgot about the photo-rule-thing. Just the actual disk is a bitmapped photo, the rest is illustrated.

paigeg

tjost wrote:Are those photos? If so it won't work. Also halftones have to be no smaller then 30lpi.

Oh, snap. Guess I should have realized the image was clickable.
Still, this brings up a question for me. If an image's elements contain or derive from a photo, it's OK, right, as long as the photo is at least open source or - preferably - authored by the artist using it?
I mean, not NO photos, ever, right?

bsweber

paigeg wrote:wow. duh - YEAH! oh, puh-LEEZE post a larger file so we can see what you did. I love that sheen on the vinyl.

Thanks! Yup, the image should be clickable.

I took the photo myself, so I'm ok on the rights end.

paigeg

bsweber wrote:Ah ok yeah, I forgot about the photo-rule-thing. Just the actual disk is a bitmapped photo, the rest is illustrated.

Whilr we're discussing this piece - my 2 cents. I do love the idea, the comp - settle the disc photo issue and it rocks - except. Why are the arms so much flatter than the rest of the piece? I think maybe stick arms would work better than trying to color-fill. right now, they look drawn over a photo.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

2:30am here, just finished my linework.

Good night all, happy drawing!

fishxsandwich18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fishxsandwich18

My (almost) finished idea! remember, this is my first time, any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

paigeg

paigeg wrote:New thought, while try to work out Victroliana...

Hot, sexy (not too much) Anime-style babe, holding (forward, foreground) this awesome piece of technology

/edit: This coming together awesomely in my head, but the skilz ain't so much. So - anyone:
Anime-babe in skin-tights kneeling on wet pavement, slick, rainy background (hinted at).
She's holding forth, like an offering, this 8-track detonator. The scene is all Frank Miller. All backs, whites, some gray... but the player - and a reflection in a puddle? is RED.
Go! run! Play! Don't wait for me, I can't keep up.

BUMP! Because I think the idea works. Tweaks, ideas, commentary is all welcome. And, yeah, we can de-sex it for Woot. Babe in retro garb? I dunno, but I LOVE that 8-track detonator. C'mon - work with me, here.

paigeg

Spiritgreen wrote:2:30am here, just finished my linework.

Good night all, happy drawing!

Good heavens, on quick scan through I thought your rough was your final. One more gargleblaster you workhorse! Sleep, willya? Have a nap, a cuppa, and then come back and WOW us.
I really am amazed, sometimes, how folks will hang here and work for a ten-dollar tee.
Whack. I love this place.
Nighty-night, SG!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
BootsBoots wrote:I've got two I'm working on. The first one's almost finished, the second one notsomuch. I like cassette tapes (a lot), even though they were such a pain.

oh em gee! I love the cassette squid!!!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Here's mine... Cassette Roadkill.

Brutally honest comments welcomed. Thanks!

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

need some help here and not sure what to do or add or should just scrap.
This where I'm at. I boiled the concept down to one cassette instead of a whole room of at an old folks home. The title is
"the Kids don't call any more"

paigeg

midgerock wrote:need some help here and not sure what to do or add or should just scrap.
This where I'm at. I boiled the concept down to one cassette instead of a whole room of at an old folks home. The title is
"the Kids don't call any more"

I love it, intellectually. But I'm not sure how it would fly as a tee.