paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
SkekTek wrote:Here's mine... Cassette Roadkill.

Brutally honest comments welcomed. Thanks!



I recall cassette reel cogs as having small, multiple teeth - no center cross.
Otherwise, this is spot-on.

wootvan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
SkekTek wrote:Here's mine... Cassette Roadkill.

Brutally honest comments welcomed. Thanks!



skek, the cassette needs to look a little more authentic (slots & holes). otherwise, methinks it dandy.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
paigeg wrote:I recall cassette reel cogs as having small, multiple teeth - no center cross.
Otherwise, this is spot-on.



I was trying to suggest that the cassette was "dead"- crosses for eyes. Might try to add teeth and go get a cassette to make sure I'm closer to the real thing (I did the whole thing without looking at a cassette).

Thanks folks!

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
paigeg wrote:I love it, intellectually. But I'm not sure how it would fly as a tee.



the rule say no kittens what about cats?
what if add a bunch of cats?

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
SkekTek wrote:I was trying to suggest that the cassette was "dead"- crosses for eyes. Might try to add teeth and go get a cassette to make sure I'm closer to the real thing (I did the whole thing without looking at a cassette).

Thanks folks!



LOL! Me too - I try never to look at cassettes. Just makes me feel old.

photophile


quality posts: 0 Private Messages photophile
jasneko wrote:I <3 the look of records... trying to just make a wearable record shirt. Thoughts? Any shirt color preferences (kelly green, kelly green with record player arm, navy blue - can be with or without arm).







I like the navy blue with the green. Definitely use the arm, it looks great with it.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
paigeg wrote:LOL! Me too - I try never to look at cassettes. Just makes me feel old.



I have a large collection of 78's. Talk about old. A few are 100 years old.

Here's the new 240 px comp (to save on space):

photophile


quality posts: 0 Private Messages photophile
walmazan wrote:My first ideas, do you have any preference?

Thanks guys!



I like the first and second ones very well.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
photophile wrote:I like the navy blue with the green. Definitely use the arm, it looks great with it.



I agree with the arm, but I'm tossed between the navy blue and the green...

photophile


quality posts: 0 Private Messages photophile
SeedUvPain wrote:I was walking around my neighborhood today looking for inspiration when it hit me. Comments and suggestions welcome. Thanks!



It's somehow cute without being annoying. I think it would be really cool.

mindputtee


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee

A question, when designing with pantone colors, is there a particular pantone swatch set I should use or is using any pantone set good?

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
SkekTek wrote:I agree with the arm, but I'm tossed between the navy blue and the green...



The navy makes the green pop so - it works. but i also love that purple label.
I can see all three working.. JMHO.

shaunesay


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaunesay
paigeg wrote:I'm huge fan of green, usually. But the blue seems to pop more, IMO.



the blue or green, but I agree, the blue does grab you more. I think the others are too subtle and the image doesn't show as well. (referring to Sound Bite)

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
SkekTek wrote:I have a large collection of 78's. Talk about old. A few are 100 years old.

Here's the new 240 px comp (to save on space):



BTW - good on ya for preserving the medium. I only WISH i had the half my parents' lps, eps - in 78 and 33rpm.

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
mindputtee wrote:A question, when designing with pantone colors, is there a particular pantone swatch set I should use or is using any pantone set good?



Pantone Solid coated is, I believe, the library of choice.

chumleywonderbar


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chumleywonderbar

Sorry if this is a duplicate...

What about an evolution concept?

Four or five items starting with Edison's cylinder, to a gramaphone, to reels, to cassettes to CDs to an iPod?

Like the ape to early man to human thing.

My last woot:
[http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=18235]Woot the thirty first[/url] (RANDOM SHIRTS FTW!!! x3)

THIRTY ONE WOOTS:SEVENTY FIVE ITEMS:TWO BROWNEYE OF CAROLINES

chumleywonderbar


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chumleywonderbar

I also like the concept of two turntables and a microphone. Something not so obvious as to what exactly you're referring to but still clear as to the message.

My last woot:
[http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=18235]Woot the thirty first[/url] (RANDOM SHIRTS FTW!!! x3)

THIRTY ONE WOOTS:SEVENTY FIVE ITEMS:TWO BROWNEYE OF CAROLINES

wootvan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
SkekTek wrote:I have a large collection of 78's. Talk about old. A few are 100 years old.

Here's the new 240 px comp (to save on space):



Without a mouth, the dead eyes don't work for me.

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
paigeg wrote:New thought, while try to work out Victroliana...

Hot, sexy (not too much) Anime-style babe, holding (forward, foreground) this awesome piece of technology


/edit: This coming together awesomely in my head, but the skilz ain't so much. So - anyone:
Anime-babe in skin-tights kneeling on wet pavement, slick, rainy background (hinted at).
She's holding forth, like an offering, this 8-track detonator. The scene is all Frank Miller. All backs, whites, some gray... but the player - and a reflection in a puddle? is RED.
Go! run! Play! Don't wait for me, I can't keep up.



I'm sorry. Did I miss a KILLER concept?

Just hanging this back out there 'cause it's bedtime on the east coast.
RLY? This idea ROCKS. I SO expect a proposition by morning.
Nite, all.

jwaal


quality posts: 25 Private Messages jwaal
odysseyroc wrote:This is what i have. I'll probably do one or two more.

Two Turntables and a Gramophone


My favourite so far. But that's probably not a good thing since the ones I like rarely get top three.

wootvan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

This was THE one...

clarinerd


quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd

Here's my entry for the week. I won't have too much time to change anything but if people find glaring errors I can probably fix them.

Ginormograph:

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Thanks for the preferences everyone! I think I'm seeing more of a preference for navy. I'm torn myself... I can see the appeal of the green/navy poppier combo, but then I also like the kelly green shirt, more subtle green on green and as paigeg mentioned - the purple label. Hmmm.
Anywho, if I go with the majority so far, updating the navy (probably looks pretty similar):

Vote!

lunadust12


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunadust12
SkekTek wrote:I have a large collection of 78's. Talk about old. A few are 100 years old.

Here's the new 240 px comp (to save on space):



what if the X's extended past the holes and weren't just contained in them?

SunnyLea0


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0
jasneko wrote:Thanks for the preferences everyone! I think I'm seeing more of a preference for navy. I'm torn myself... I can see the appeal of the green/navy poppier combo, but then I also like the kelly green shirt, more subtle green on green and as paigeg mentioned - the purple label. Hmmm.
Anywho, if I go with the majority so far, updating the navy (probably looks pretty similar):



I like the green! I like monochromatic-y color schemes.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
SunnyLea0 wrote:I like the green! I like monochromatic-y color schemes.


Hey sunnylea... did you mean you like the green shirt? Or this navy one with the green label etc?

Vote!

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

So I scrapped the cassette in the rocking chair. But salvaged from that design what I'm subbing. Its simple and I really like this little guy and how he came out. I at first was going to just go with him by himself on the shirt but remembered when I was younger how pissed I'd get when the ribbon not only unwound but when it got jammed and twisted and bent. Forget trying to get that cassette back after that.

Assassin15


quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
jasneko wrote:Thanks for the preferences everyone! I think I'm seeing more of a preference for navy. I'm torn myself... I can see the appeal of the green/navy poppier combo, but then I also like the kelly green shirt, more subtle green on green and as paigeg mentioned - the purple label. Hmmm.
Anywho, if I go with the majority so far, updating the navy (probably looks pretty similar):



Oh yeah! Navy blue is waaaay better.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

Nekkochan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan

What, no wax cylinders? You could draw one battling a dragon made of fire... oh, no, wait.

SunnyLea0


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0
jasneko wrote:Hey sunnylea... did you mean you like the green shirt? Or this navy one with the green label etc?



Green shirt. But I'm apparently weird.

jwaal


quality posts: 25 Private Messages jwaal

.

theinfinityloop


quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

I am having the hardest time with this color scheme. Thoughts?


wootvan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
theinfinityloop wrote:I am having the hardest time with this color scheme. Thoughts?



Maybe add some vinyl (the disc in her hand perhaps)...the face, to me, should be a bit more refined. Nice idea, loop.

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
theinfinityloop wrote:I am having the hardest time with this color scheme. Thoughts?



although people seem to complain about too many black shirts why not try it on black for mood and to knock out the black line work or perhaps on navy which still will free up more colors. Just a thought.

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
megsck wrote:BFABB (Born from a BoomBox) got bored with my other one and thought of this from a quote.



Absolutely love this! This would be amazing as a wrap around!

fishxsandwich18


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fishxsandwich18
chumleywonderbar wrote:Sorry if this is a duplicate...

What about an evolution concept?

Four or five items starting with Edison's cylinder, to a gramaphone, to reels, to cassettes to CDs to an iPod?

Like the ape to early man to human thing.



I had the same idea


theinfinityloop


quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
wootvan wrote:Maybe add some vinyl (the disc in her hand perhaps)...the face, to me, should be a bit more refined. Nice idea, loop.



midgerock wrote:although people seem to complain about too many black shirts why not try it on black for mood and to knock out the black line work or perhaps on navy which still will free up more colors. Just a thought.



Thanks for the suggestions. I think for now I'm just going to sleep and maybe revisit it tomorrow.


bottlehed


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed

Here's my concept sketch:

Tentatively titled "Don't Mess With Analog"

(It's not finished really. I got this final idea while scanning - there'll be an mp3 player beneath the LP's feet).

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
nathanwpyle wrote:SOUND BITE

Any color preferences??






Have you tried the Grass Green?

odysseyroc


quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

I'm finished with this one

Two Turntables and a Gramophone