bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
theinfinityloop wrote:I am having the hardest time with this color scheme. Thoughts?

Asphalt actually might work really well for this. Really cool concept, Infinityloop!

wtfuchs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wtfuchs

I'd buy an "evolution of man" style shirt. I think it was mentioned earlier on.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

got the linework done for this one and im handing it off to odesseyroc for coloring, im super excited to see what he does with it. click for the larger image.
"Born from a Boombox"

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
megsck wrote:got the linework done for this one and im handing it off to odesseyroc for coloring, im super excited to see what he does with it. click for the larger image.
"Born from a Boombox"

That looks so neat. I can't wait to see what he does with it too!! Definitely going to keep an eye out for this one.

kevlar51

quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51

I'd like some opinions on whether I should keep the notes or go without (any other suggestions are always welcome too:

Thanks!!!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
kevlar51 wrote:I'd like some opinions on whether I should keep the notes or go without (any other suggestions are always welcome too:

Thanks!!!

I like it better without.

kevlar51

odysseyroc wrote:I like it better without.

Honestly, I do to. But I just want to make sure I'm not missing a good opportunity to have the smoke interact with the music.

But the notes feel forced.

megsck

odysseyroc wrote:I like it better without.

what if instead of smoke you just had notes coming out of the pipe, likes its going into one and coming out the other. i would probably make the notes a bit smaller too.

odysseyroc

megsck wrote:what if instead of smoke you just had notes coming out of the pipe, likes its going into one and coming out the other. i would probably make the notes a bit smaller too.

I was going to suggest the same thing.

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
kevlar51 wrote:I'd like some opinions on whether I should keep the notes or go without (any other suggestions are always welcome too:

Thanks!!!

I think I prefer sans-notes too. I would also like to see the edges of the smoke be less sharp, but maybe you're still finessing that anyway. I don't like that little "tail" at the upper right, the shape is bugging me for some reason.

Cute robot!

fivestring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fivestring

Thanks!!!

Someone may have already said - but make the smoke curl into note shapes. Also - have the negative space in the smoke (holes) be note shaped - so you go both ways in having notes in the smoke.

fivestring

odysseyroc wrote:I'm finished with this one

Two Turntables and a Gramophone

This is AMAZING. I love this design! I'm a practicing musician, and the blend of musicians and old-school music formats on this is perfect! Great colors too!

fivestring

nathanwpyle wrote:SOUND BITE

Any color preferences??

Seeing your post of questioning color made me think this - take the blue image from the top part of your post, put it in place of the gray in the lower left, and put all 4 on a red t-shirt. Your image/idea is cool, but putting on a shirt multiple times - cooler!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

This looks killer as a shirt, and in a just world it will bypass the derby and print tomorrow.

fivestring

[/quote]

Man - this would be awesome as a glow-in-the-dark shirt! Too bad Woot doesn't allow specialty inks very often.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
AdderXYU wrote:This looks killer as a shirt, and in a just world it will bypass the derby and print tomorrow.

Yeah, Odroc is due! I am voting for it for sure. Looks great!

kevlar51

Thanks a ton for the input everyone--I think I'm going to sleep on it. It's just about 2:30 and I'm no longer thinking straight.

odysseyroc

AdderXYU wrote:This looks killer as a shirt, and in a just world it will bypass the derby and print tomorrow.

Thanks Adder, I'm hoping for the best, but keeping my expectations real low.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64

I was hoping that someone is still awake here. This is only part of my design but I was wondering if there is enough here to make out that it is a record.

odysseyroc

chumpmagic wrote:Yeah, Odroc is due! I am voting for it for sure. Looks great!

Thanks Chump, I wish the derby voters were as supportive of me, as the folks in the pre-derby threads.

EBOLAinfectedMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages EBOLAinfectedMonkey
chumpmagic wrote:I have a program called sketchbook that I use (also use a wacom tablet). Its a very limited program, but it great for roughing concepts out quickly and successfully.

Neat. ...And then Illustrator for the finished product?

1. Design shirts
2. ????????
3. PROFIT

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Late night design strangeness... any good? Or skip?
On grass or maybe heather gray. Or not at all.

Vote!

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain

It's nearly 4:30 in the morning and I am spent. Here's the latest and, barring any major suggestions, final version. Thanks for your help everyone!

megsck

SeedUvPain wrote:It's nearly 4:30 in the morning and I am spent. Here's the latest and, barring any major suggestions, final version. Thanks for your help everyone!

hey seed, i love this drawing and i almost feel bad saying anything because you stayed up so late but i think the cassette tapes are a bit dark, i think they could use a little more lighting up, and some more contrast. other than that, this is great! cant wait to vote for it!

EDIT: i think if you just make the cassette/dogs bodies the same lighter grey as the walkman it would work.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
megsck wrote:EDIT: i think if you just make the cassette/dogs bodies the same lighter grey as the walkman it would work.

I agree, and thank you for your candor. It's a bit muddy to me, and I think i need to step away from it for awhile and come back to it. Cheers!

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
SeedUvPain wrote:It's nearly 4:30 in the morning and I am spent. Here's the latest and, barring any major suggestions, final version. Thanks for your help everyone!

Wow, looks great with the coloring!

watchtherain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages watchtherain

First, love the design and concept... Not only would it get my vote, but I could see myself wearing this shirt often. It has a lot of character to it...

I would mix up the colors a little bit. The greys being used bring down the personification level a little bit.. makes it seem still and cold rather than lively...

For the tapes, maybe use the greys for the whole thing, with halftones in the ribbon window for contrast? I think it would make the headphone/leashes and the ribbon feet pop more? With the tapes/ribbon feet/headphones sharing a lot of the same brown, it makes that side feel heavy.. Also, if you did that, you could use the browns for the ribbon in the window, eliminating the need for the purple, giving you another color you could use to make it feel less cold...

For the player, maybe switch the brown and grey.. making grey the button section and the brown more of the body. Maybe leaving the arms and legs grey though with a slight halftone transition.. as though the arms grew out of it? Do the tape side first though, as you might be right back to one side having a different weight than the other...

Final thought... on seeing this, it reminded me of the Yellow SPORT Walkman I used to have in the day, with the outdoor activity, etc.. If you did free up a color with the tapes, maybe giving the walkman a main color would really make this jump?

Once again, I love the concept, drawing, and execution so far.. I'm just feeling like the tweaking the colors would bring you a lot further. Best of luck...

bottlehed

Which one works better:

Option 1: with line:

Option 2: without line:

bottlehed

Wow, lot of artefacts in that upload...

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

You have an almost magical ability with concepts here... This I think is almost perfect. Can I vote now?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Dead Man's Party

:^)

logomachinist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages logomachinist

I think I can work with this. What do you guys think?

watchtherain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages watchtherain
logomachinist wrote:

I think I can work with this. What do you guys think?

ooOOOoo... I had the same concept in mind, but couldn't think of how to simplify it and make it work. Nicely done!

lagrav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lagrav
Spiritgreen wrote:Dead Man's Party

:^)

I believe you sir have a winner!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Done! Thanks for the really helpful comments last night, wooters!

JoysAreJummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoysAreJummy

Here's what I came up with

I call it: The Odd Couple

Or

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e366/JoysAreJummy/Retro-Audio.jpg

It's a simple story of boy meets girl, or cassette meets compact Disc, and they fall in love only to find out that their parents are in a feud with one another over superiority.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
lagrav wrote:I believe you sir have a winner!

Thank you! I added another couple of fun things since my rough, and I'm happy with this now.

@SkekTek, that looks waaay better with the new eyes and the tongue. Very cool. ^_^

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith

I'm going to vote for this as hard as I can.

Looking forward to it, and the collab you have going on with megsck.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
megsck wrote:got the linework done for this one and im handing it off to odesseyroc for coloring, im super excited to see what he does with it. click for the larger image.
"Born from a Boombox"

stellar and I can't wait to see the final with Odroc's coloring! I know it will be frickin' sweet! gmv already in anticipation!

@spiritgreen... that came out pretty sweet! I hope it does well!

@Shektek... the tweaks look great! the eyes look much better.

@ Odroc.... that is one tight design and really funnels your love of music! It should do well!

Just wondering, is this design weak?

PowerPosture

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PowerPosture
midgerock wrote:Have you tried the Grass Green?

Blue is boss!
Do blue.