healsr4f

quality posts: 0 Private Messages healsr4f
bottlehed wrote:Which one works better:

Option 1: with line:

Option 2: without line:

At first glance the nose looked like the mouth.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Looks good to me, midgerock. It's often a plus to go with a simpler idea so long as the art is nice and the joke is good n' clear. Which is true here.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Spiritgreen wrote:Thank you! I added another couple of fun things since my rough, and I'm happy with this now.

@SkekTek, that looks waaay better with the new eyes and the tongue. Very cool. ^_^

Thanks, man! I love it. It's one of my better concepts in a long time.

Are one of the fun things a drop shadow or a jackal in the background? Can't wait to see the final today since I'm a sucker for anything mixing Ancient Egypt and technology!

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
healsr4f wrote:At first glance the nose looked like the mouth.

Now that you mention it, it does look that way! Thanks for the heads-up!

wootvan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages wootvan
bottlehed wrote:Which one works better:

Option 1: with line:

Not a fan of concentric circles on an LP...IMO the line should swirl out to in, but I understand it from a design standpoint.

Spiritgreen

@SkekTek, I mean the waveform pyramids and the bone note are new. Hope you r not disappoint.

:p

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

Which way do you guys think is better? I'm leaning toward the second one now, but I have a feeling I'll keep changing my mind. Help?

Spiritgreen

@Boots, second one for me please. :^)

BootsBoots

Spiritgreen wrote:@Boots, second one for me please. :^)

Thanks, Spirit. I'm still leaning that way, too.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
BootsBoots wrote:Which way do you guys think is better? I'm leaning toward the second one now, but I have a feeling I'll keep changing my mind. Help?

Second!!!!!

walmazan

BootsBoots wrote:Which way do you guys think is better? I'm leaning toward the second one now, but I have a feeling I'll keep changing my mind. Help?

Second!!!!!

walmazan

Audio Emergency Room

Nurse, we need more scotch type stat!

BootsBoots

walmazan wrote:Second!!!!!

Thanks, W!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
walmazan wrote:Audio Emergency Room

Looks like another winner to me.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
midgerock wrote:Just wondering, is this design weak?

there are a coupe designs about the cassette tape being tread upon or defeated, but i have to say this is my favorite of them. i like the simplicity of it. if you were gonna change anything i thing you can maybe make him look a bit more sad with the eye brows, but i kinda like his expression now, and i really like how you treated the unspooled tape.

megsck

lol! i love this! i wanted to do something with the cassette spilling his "guts" but didnt have the time, im super glad that you are doing it because its a definite buy from me!

thebensanity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebensanity

I saw this shirt reprint at threadless. Just don't want anyone to do something similar and be bummed out later

http://www.threadless.com/product/2601/The_Mummy_Returns/tab,guys/style,shirt

kevlar51

OK, I'm awake, all my morning errands have been run, and I've changed the smoke to music:

Thoughts? Thanks!

wootvan

Just for accuracy, WA, there should be a slot in the middle of the cassette's bottom. Although it needn't be added, I always used a razor blade or scissors to cut the tape (maybe instead of the pen).

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
kevlar51 wrote:OK, I'm awake, all my morning errands have been run, and I've changed the smoke to music:

Thoughts? Thanks!

I really like the little ear horn he is holding to hear the music. I like the inclusion of the notes transitioning from the smoke. My only crit would be that maybe have transition more gradual from smoke to notes as they disperse.

wootvan

I second the second...i guess by now it's i fourth the second

megsck

kevlar51 wrote:OK, I'm awake, all my morning errands have been run, and I've changed the smoke to music:

Thoughts? Thanks!

much better!

megsck

wootvan wrote:Just for accuracy, WA, there should be a slot in the middle of the cassette's bottom. Although it needn't be added, I always used a razor blade or scissors to cut the tape (maybe instead of the pen).

the pen is to roll the tape back into the cassette via the wheels. i used to use pencils cause they grip better but pens worked in a pinch. ;)

kevlar51

thanks midge and meg!

leprechaungirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leprechaungirl
BootsBoots wrote:I've got two I'm working on. The first one's almost finished, the second one notsomuch. I like cassette tapes (a lot), even though they were such a pain.

AHAHAHAHAHAH I LOVE THEM BOTH!

wootvan

megsck wrote:the pen is to roll the tape back into the cassette via the wheels. i used to use pencils cause they grip better but pens worked in a pinch. ;)

D'oh...I forgot about manual rewinding!

leprechaungirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leprechaungirl
jasneko wrote:I <3 the look of records... trying to just make a wearable record shirt. Thoughts? Any shirt color preferences (kelly green, kelly green with record player arm, navy blue - can be with or without arm).

The Navy looks EPIC with the green! do the blue! I like it better with the arm too.

megsck

wootvan wrote:D'oh...I forgot about manual rewinding!

hehe, doesnt it all just seem so primitive now? im gonna be sitting down in front of my grand kids someday saying, "when i was young we didnt have these fancy ipodmajigers, we had these things called walk...man's....and they played these other things called cassettes...yes we had to have two things to get to our music! and if we wanted to rewind, we had to find a pencil, yes a third thing, to manually stick into the cassette to wind it back. ahhhhhhh those were the days.....now get off my lap im old."

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
midgerock wrote:
Just wondering, is this design weak?

Just gotta say - this design is much more wearable! I'd wear this, it's great:D Loves the blues and white on baby blue too. My one comment would be move the design just a little higher on the shirt.

leprechaungirl wrote:The Navy looks EPIC with the green! do the blue! I like it better with the arm too.

Thanks leprechaungirl, I think I'm going with the navy and the arm Final version I think:

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain

I'm up and obsessed with getting this right. Thank you for the suggestions thus far

Spiritgreen

Okay, final version.

I wasn't going to have a shadow because the mummy already had a soft bright outline, but he really needed grounding. Thanks Skek' for the nudge. ^_^

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I would like to commend all the designers on this forum from not giving us a reel-to-reel design over the femaleparts...

Notwithstanding, I am going to do on a reel-to-reel design of a more safe nature, but it won't be done until Saturday

thinkingbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thinkingbox
Spiritgreen wrote:Okay, final version.

I wasn't going to have a shadow because the mummy already had a soft bright outline, but he really needed grounding. Thanks Skek' for the nudge. ^_^

Who could ask for more? Love it! Also, his mouth makes him look like Batman, which can only be a good thing.

kevlar51

OK, I'm done--

Thanks everyone!

debragr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages debragr

I like the concept but it wasn't clear to me at first that the CD is a CD or that the tape was angry until I noticed the tape's clenched hands.

bottlehed wrote:Here's my concept sketch:

Tentatively titled "Don't Mess With Analog"

(It's not finished really. I got this final idea while scanning - there'll be an mp3 player beneath the LP's feet).

megsck

SeedUvPain wrote:I'm up and obsessed with getting this right. Thank you for the suggestions thus far

love it! i like the choice of adding the red. good luck!

thinkingbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thinkingbox
SeedUvPain wrote:I'm up and obsessed with getting this right. Thank you for the suggestions thus far

It looks SO much better with the color. Send your obsessiveness a thank-you card.

I have to say, in your original drawing it looked like his bag was transparent and the notes were inside, like the cassettes were leaving little musical surprises all over the sidewalk. I actually laughed at that and thought it was really cute and clever, but now it just looks like a note-patterned bag.

Maybe that was the intention all along, and I was just injecting my own weird sense of humor into your design. Just wondering which was the intended effect.

megsck

Spiritgreen wrote:Okay, final version.

this is awesome, nice job spirit, looks great. i especially like the shine you gave to the tape. =) good luck!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

Here's my first pass at coloring Meg's drawing. I'm waiting to hear back form her, so this may seriously change before it goes up for voting.