kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
odysseyroc wrote:Here's my first pass at coloring Meg's drawing. I'm waiting to hear back form her, so this may seriously change before it goes up for voting.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the frame around the boombox, but other than that, this is absolutely fantastic!

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert

I did a couple abstract entries this week:

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
kevlar51 wrote:I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the frame around the boombox, but other than that, this is absolutely fantastic!

The way she drew it reminded me of stencil graffiti. I thought it might be cool if he was being born from a stencil of a boom box, so I added the overspray. Like I said, this is the first pass, I'm sure she'll have some notes for me.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
odysseyroc wrote:The way she drew it reminded me of stencil graffiti. I thought it might be cool if he was being born from a stencil of a boom box, so I added the overspray. Like I said, this is the first pass, I'm sure she'll have some notes for me.

no! no i wont! i am in love with it! i love stencil graffiti! ;)

farfencougar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farfencougar

Idea, hospital setting where the mother cd is holding her newborn an ipod with grandparent vinyls and father cassette surrounding the bed.
good idea?

chumleywonderbar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chumleywonderbar

Would this be out of line?

My last woot:
[http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=18235]Woot the thirty first[/url] (RANDOM SHIRTS FTW!!! x3)

THIRTY ONE WOOTS:SEVENTY FIVE ITEMS:TWO BROWNEYE OF CAROLINES

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

My entry:

Music never dies it just changes format.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
chumleywonderbar wrote:Would this be out of line?

yes, not to mention i've seen it done before.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
chumleywonderbar wrote:Would this be out of line?

Wow, that's dongalicious!

chumleywonderbar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chumleywonderbar
bassanimation wrote:Wow, that's dongalicious!

That's what she said.

No, seriously, that's almost exactly what my wife said.

My last woot:
[http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=18235]Woot the thirty first[/url] (RANDOM SHIRTS FTW!!! x3)

THIRTY ONE WOOTS:SEVENTY FIVE ITEMS:TWO BROWNEYE OF CAROLINES

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
debragr wrote:I like the concept but it wasn't clear to me at first that the CD is a CD or that the tape was angry until I noticed the tape's clenched hands.

Thnxx for the feedback! I'll be redrawing this as a vector (without the LP in the bg), so hopefully it'll be more clearer then!

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

I got an idea that might be funny:

Someone using their car's cassette player to play their mp3 player.

That's what I do because my car is old skool that way :] Also, I have no antenna, so radio's out.

Edit: I give anyone permission to use this since I lack the ability to draw in any way, shape, or form

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

I never thought I'd see the day when CDs would be considered "retro"

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

Cassandra2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cassandra2

So, I'm moving this week so I don't have time to do this tshirt idea myself, but it's so awesome I thought I'd pop it up there for someone to take if they want it.

Cassette tape/walkman powered by hamsters running around inside the holes of the tape like a hamster wheel.

You're welcome.

echo3k

quality posts: 1 Private Messages echo3k

Hope to see more reel-to-reel tapedeck-based designs soon; there's so much potential there! (more robots, for example!)

snief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snief

your wish: granted