megnolia7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megnolia7
Re: How it really worked

wow I LOVE this! and it would be perfect for my friend who is convinced the reason my doorbell doesn't work is because my doorbell elf moved out lol

PixelPants

quality posts: 74 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Dead Man's Party

Your detail images show all the fine work that went into this one Spiritgreen. Looks really good in the shirt placement too.

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger

thanks everybody!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: The Audiophile

aww you had such a good fight going last night. I do like this guy, tho I think his fishing trip was my favorite. 'Sitting on the dock of the bay' *whistles*

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger
kevlar51 wrote:Can I borrow your inherent sense for value? It's always top notch in the most wonderfully simple designs.

haha thanks! i'll trade you for your sense of form and space.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: Grow

This design caught my eye, it's really nicely crafted. Just a thought I have going through my head is how it would look if the record had a similar style to the rest.

megnolia7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megnolia7
Re: The Phonograph Bird

why does he have headphones?

pure5152

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pure5152
Re: Sooo Heavy!

love the expressions and the idea is brilliant! gmv XD

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
slvrwhispr wrote:I literally gasped out loud and said IT'S A SUGAR SKULL! Loooove.

Thank you tizbazua and slvrwhispr!

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Re: BOOM BIRD

really nice style and color choices

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719
CrescentDebris wrote:I apologize and I'll get started on that side placement vector cassette tape swirly design I was thinking about. But I really hope that won't be necessary.

OH BURN.

Don't forget to make sure it has beady eyes.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Sooo Heavy!

Cute!!

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Endless Cosmic Song

kharmazero wrote:i love it!

Thanks man!!

icymallard

DianaSprinkle wrote:People like the familiar. People like to read books about the same character. Why shouldn't people who like these Penguin designs get to buy more of them. If the people don't want something, they won't vote for it. And if they vote for it, they want it.

btw, this is Diana's mother who thinks people are being way to critical of this artist.

(Edit... Diana here. I'd just like to say, Woot meet my mom. =/ I will now log out my account from her computer so she can't post under my name. /////)

This logic only works a couple of times before you get fed up that other artists just dont catch a break.

You have a cool daughter.

Diana, you have a cool mother.

I am also cool as well.

expo01

rat56 wrote:wow this looks like a spaceship, very cool tee shirt, gmv!

Thanks a lot mate , sure it looks i tought about when working on it, thanks again for your vote. (o;

expo01

bluecomet77 wrote:Want this so bad hope it gets into the top 3, +1

Thanks for your vote man hope so too! (o;

icymallard

mdcushman75 wrote:Yes, needs more base! (awesome design BTW!)

kekeke base.

kekeke

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
DoublEE wrote:Anyone else getting tired of all the Cthulhu-themed shirts here? And how is this not rejected due to a pop culture reference? Cthulhu is every bit a pop culture reference of the Jatravartid lolcat. Disagree?

Have a gander: http://www.wolfgnards.com/index.php/2010/10/21/cult-of-cthulhu-how-cthulhu-entered-the-mainstream

Why don't you open up Google, type in "pop culture" and then add one of the words I mention before and see if you can't find a link for each. You'll be amazed. Cupcakes are even there. Cupcakes are pop culture. The only reason it seems like a lot of Cthulhu shirts is because I think Drakxxx has done 4 total.

You want to know how many shirts he's done? Have a look!

So who else had done these overdone Cthulhu shirts? (and I'm asking because I don't remember seeing any and don't care to look them up but would like to see them so I can understand your frustration and avoid taking part in the creation of another and run-on sentence).

So why? Why not a giant cake or a banana or maybe a panda or something. Well, because those are the things getting over played. Food and animals. And it's not really anyones fault, there are only so many things you can slap faces on. But Drakxxx is one of the very few people that draws humans and non-cartoon monsters. Out of those 4 Cthulhus, not a single one was similar aside from the fact that the monster has a name. Ideally you'd like everything to be unique but I personally would prefer to do this sort of redundancy than to have DIFFERENT SUBJECT MATTER in all the same dumb situations. It's a glass of milk thats scared. Now it's a toothbrush. Now it's a hamburger! I mean, that's different right?

I think it only seems like a lot of Cthulhu because it stands out. It's like a month with 3 different days of snow. "Man, it sure has snowed a lot", nevermind the 28 days of sunshine. I still don't think we've broken any rules but if we did, get someone to reject it man. We'll be back next week with something real special.

Thanks everyone else.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
IgnatiusRiley wrote:Love it love it love it. Though why does the Ipod seem so indifferent?

He's in sleep mode!

Also, Woot says such thing have no soul!! Raaaaaa

kevlar51

quality posts: 54 Private Messages kevlar51
blanked wrote:aww you had such a good fight going last night. I do like this guy, tho I think his fishing trip was my favorite. 'Sitting on the dock of the bay' *whistles*

Haha, yeah, a lot of early votes followed by a wall of nothingness seems to be my M.O. here. Nevertheless, I'm extremely pleased and thankful the for support I've received!

Glad you like "Off the Clock," I'm thinking about redrawing it and submitting it elsewhere. It's got some technical issues with it that are too time consuming to fix.

leabe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leabe

I like it but i cant wear it the circles just wont work on a girl

Re: Harmony

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

It's criminal that your designs don't do better in derbies. No pun intended.

walmazan

quality posts: 71 Private Messages walmazan

this is amazing!!! +1

walmazan

quality posts: 71 Private Messages walmazan

So beautiful! +1

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
mjc613 wrote:Can you post a closeup of the player piano roll?

Here is a closeup of the roll and the owls.

kharmazero

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: grandaddy was not a bankrobber

Thanks a lot Jim.To say the truth not only in the derbies ;-))

ressamac

Re: Boogie Nights

Thank you for the comments, RosemaryFB and Andy!

jmmbell1987

DoublEE wrote:"Utilize the simplicity of the form and honor thy vinyl or tape or Walkman."

Meanwhile Draxx has an entry that clearly violates the "no pop-culture references" rule with his Cthulhu-themed shirt but somehow adder turns a blind eye.

The Drakxxx design has the benefit of being about 1 trillion times better than this one by any measure beyond "I <3 penguins". Cthulhu is a classic literature reference, which might very well be a breach of the pop culture rule, depending on how Woot views it. Either way, it's a very good, pretty damn creative design. My best guess is that Drakxxx and CrescentDebris decided to give it a shot and see how Woot called it.

I know you're sick of Cthulhu designs. However, there's a saying about movies that applies: "it's not what they're about, but how they're about it." That's how I view it. 1,000 Cthulhu prints, done as creatively as Drakxxx and CD do them, are not redundant at all. Same with RGlee's robots, or TruffleShuffle's monsters.

Regardless, Drakxxx and CD have also earned the benefit of the doubt. They are consistently creative as hell. Ramyb has gone out of his way to shred any measure of benefit of the doubt anyone but his most fervent fanboys have for him. Drakxxx and CD have earned leeway that Ramyb hasn't. Calling out the latter while letting the former off the hook is not at all hypocritical. The context is the important thing.

ressamac

Re: Celestial Sounds

This is gorgeous.

jmmbell1987

DoublEE wrote:It has nothing to do a reference to an author. The Cthulhu is as much part of current pop culture as lolcat. You are either living under a rock or are being disingenuous to not realize it.

CD's first explanation, at a bare minimum, confirms what I thought; that they thought they were within the confines of the rules and ran with a very creative design. If woot disagrees, they can reject it.

And as I said before, designing lots of Cthulhu shirts is not uncreative. Characters are one thing, an element of a design; concepts are another thing entirely. The concept for this shirt is as different as "By Our Powers Combined" or "Finding Technicolor" to Drakxxx's previous Cthulhu shirt.

jmmbell1987

This design makes me unreasonably happy. So many details. It's just fun to look at.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
odysseyroc wrote:Thanks everybody. I made a couple of phone wallpapers for you.

iphone

droid

Awesome... New wallpaper!

I really want this shirt... The other needs to rise to the fog as well.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

jmmbell1987

Great use of lemon too, by the way. Such a maligned color, but done right it looks great.

jmmbell1987

Gorgeous work, flyingmouse!

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art
Re: Dead Man's Party

super lol

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
skirochester wrote:really nice style and color choices

Thank you so much!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 54 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
leabe wrote:I like it but i cant wear it the circles just wont work on a girl

I know exactly what you mean, but I'm a girl and I designed it with myself in mind. I use shirts I own as a guide to avoid awkward girl placement. :D

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art
Re: I have this song stuck in my head

reminds me of shaun of the dead :D

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

wootvan

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootvan

Nice Bootsx2. Next title could be Lovely Plant.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 54 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Audio Emergency

Awesome design! Looks like they can save him!