thatrobert

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Mine is the last voice you will ever hear

digitaldragon03 wrote:Really good.

Thanks DD.

arcade-art wrote:great design

Thanks AA.

kharmazero wrote:wow!it really stands out of others subs!

Thanks. With this theme, I thought there'd be more abstract designs than usual and this shirt would just blend in but unfortunately there isn't.

tjost wrote:Like Now be honest is this a straight on 2d cassette image you took into the 3d extrude filter in photoshop and showed outlines on Either way still nicely composed +1

Absolutely it's a 3D extrude filter! However, it's a 3D extrude of my own design made to look good extruded, not some crappy cassette clipart.

expo01 wrote:Very 80s!

The highest compliment you could possibly give me.

Spiritgreen wrote:Slick colors and the layout (blue, blue/yellow, yellow) has a design sense to it that makes this really wearable.

Very nice. +1

Thanks for noticing Spirit. I spent a long time on the colors. The blue looked nice and the yellow looked nice but I wanted a way to have both without it clashing and this is what pleased me the most.

spaceman817

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spaceman817
jasneko wrote:This is really cute... I like the very 'pen on paper sketch' look, and the turquoise linework on baby blue looks so nice

Thank you very much for the compliment! And congrats on winning last week

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley

I know everybody's piling on Ramy for recycling the same junk over and over again, but come on... he's just trying to win the contests, and this sort of stuff enables him to do that.

The blame lies with those who continue to vote for this uninspired pablum. Grow some taste, people.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Music Roots

I really like this design, though I also see the resemblance to Fractal tree. (Mostly the color scheme and the plant theme, because when I look at it closer, it's really too short to be a tree.) The calligraphy-pen look to the lines really works quite well, and it's perfect for the tape.

Some suggestions to improve it:
I second those that suggested putting it on a lighter color tee. That way you could darken up the color of the plant/cassette/roots, since right now they feel really pale and faded (maybe that was your intention I suppose) but I think it would look great if they had some pop to them.

Instead of having the roots branching and curling individually, like real roots, it would be AWE SOME if it was one long connected string of tape that curled up and down and wiggled to look like roots. Plus, that would have the added advantage of being true to every time I ever pulled a cassette out of a jammed tape player...

What about reducing or changing the colored bars (amp bars?) on the bottom so that you had one extra color to work with, and made the tape roots dark brown, and then the plants and cassette another color? That would probably work best on a different shirt color, but if the brown was dark enough, would work on brown too, imo.

Good luck!

megnolia7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megnolia7
ApeLad wrote:I'm no ornithologist, but I'm pretty sure it's so he can block out the surrounding noises and enjoy the music echoing within his mostly hollow beak area.
Again, not an ornithologist, just a cartoonist.

in that case... I like it clever idea and cool style

runnerfrog13

Re: LP POD

Haha, nice parody of the ipod marketing. I would pick another color shirt instead of olive though, it's pretty drab. Perhaps a cranberry, or spring green?

runnerfrog13

Re: Survival of the Fittest

Hilarious, I love it. The linework is nice and simple. (Though, I would get rid of the play/eject/whatever button on the mp3 player... kindof awkward positioning)

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Amplitude
lonelypond wrote:really like the way this one looks...almost shimmers.

Nice... thanks lonelypond.

Mich22 wrote:I would love one of these, here's hoping it prints. /crosses fingers

I'd really like to wear this one too... /also crosses fingers. Thanks Mich22!

Spiritgreen wrote:When you get 'simple' just right it makes people happy. It's not easy to do! Well done, jasneko.

Appreciate that Spiritgreen, thanks! And congrats on the teefury print - your 2nd one I think?=)

runnerfrog13

Re: Reminisce in sound

Clever idea, spelling something with the tape, and I really love how the tape looks, you did a great job making it look flat but also how it curls around and such.

But... what is it spelling? That is probably the reason I wouldn't vote for it

partimejudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas
Re: Cooler than You

After going back and shuffling through the history of the artist, I can understand where the rage comes from. I find it quite interesting that said artist takes designs and tweaks them just past the point of plagiarism into a remake. Looks like someone learned from the past.

With regards to Woot allowing this, Woot is a business. They are for the making of money and offer the chance for designers to make money as well. In offering up a contest to see which designs are more popular, they are offering the ability to see how each artists' designs would fare in a competitive market. They set rules and keep a fair spirit. If someone stays barely within limit of the rules, they are still legal. Though angering it's fair; such is capitalism. If new rules need made, that's up to Woot; however, in the word's of Jurassic Park, "Nature will always find a way." This guy is one sly customer, so I'm thinking he'll just find a new method (perhaps sharks or koalas or ferrets?).

I would also like to petition for a name change from the "Ramby rule" to the "Remake rule" or even 3R ("Ramby Remake Rule") if you must keep the artist in the spot light.

Having said all of this, I still like the shirt. I feel there are enough (if just barely) changes to make it different from imposter. The black and blue combination makes me happy. The center penguin is also a nod to punk in my mind, which hasn't been mainstream for a long time. If, among the 20 current Derby shirts I like, it sees print, I will buy it. Shrugs.

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

bkstar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkstar
Re: Audio Mythos

Love the design!

snief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snief
thatrobert wrote:Thanks for noticing Spirit. I spent a long time on the colors. The blue looked nice and the yellow looked nice but I wanted a way to have both without it clashing and this is what pleased me the most.

sweet :D I need to buy a shirt so I can actually vote on this stuff

220clothing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 220clothing
Re: Star trails remix

I. LOVE. THIS. Clever concept.
Vote, people! VOTE!... So I can buy this shirt! Thanks!

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
tjbarahona wrote:Awesome! Combines my love of music and the ocean. Good luck, hope it prints

Thanks amigooo! (o;

220clothing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 220clothing
Re: Songs Of The Sea

Niiiiice.

Clever concept.

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 14 Private Messages zzzzz78759
Re: Life to Death of Vinyl

I wish there was a bigger picture so I could see the detail. It looks interesting but a little hard to see for my old eyes

guitarhero88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guitarhero88

nice to see is going up

bdthies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdthies
Re: Cassette Equalizer

Please vote for me!

phantom240

quality posts: 4 Private Messages phantom240
Re: oldPod (V2)

That record arm and needle look awfully phallic in nature lol.

walmazan

quality posts: 71 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Audio Abduction

AWESOME WORK!

guitarhero88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guitarhero88
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=50376]Toast

love it!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Dead Man's Party

I hope you're not all kidding about the bat mouth, because it's going on everything I draw now.

(\/\/)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Audiophile

Definitely a handsome design.

Did you invent this 'bot for your shirts or have you been drawing him for a while? He's a great character. :^)

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
midgerock wrote:Thanks pixelpants for the vote. I wish I could garner more support for these designs or at least feedback as to make them better. I thought what I subbed this week were clean solid simple designs which were vote worthy but they just aren't getting many votes. I kind of thinking I made the voters mad some how but I don't know how.

I hope you don't get too frustrated with lack of votes because I am a big fan of your artwork.

shirerose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shirerose

beautiful!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Spiritgreen wrote:I hope you're not all kidding about the bat mouth, because it's going on everything I draw now.

(\/\/)

I could become a trademark of the sorts when you draw something that is monstrous. I think it would be cool.

vmc3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vmc3

My Fav.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
Re: Amplitude

Wow you and radio were on the same frequency with this one! Love 'em both! Awesome work

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Daddyofnine

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Daddyofnine
Re: rockin' cassettes

wow this is terrible spin off of a tee sold 3 days ago on TeeFury

http://www.teefury.com/archiv/1132/Rare_B_Sides/
Get an origional IDEA!!! poor display

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
penichillin wrote:Feedback is my favorite.

Gotta say, that I'm not really satisfied with the highlights/shadows. I really need to get a tablet.

The tapes look really good. The highlights on the dog and person do look too much like lines. I don't know what drawing program you have, but a lasso tool could help. Outline the contours where you want them and then fill it in with a paint brush. Keep it up!

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

skaake

Re: Talon'd Search

Nice! I like your lines and color.

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

lunadust12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunadust12
runnerfrog13 wrote:Clever idea, spelling something with the tape, and I really love how the tape looks, you did a great job making it look flat but also how it curls around and such.

But... what is it spelling? That is probably the reason I wouldn't vote for it

it's actually music notes and headphones. i tried to make it as obvious as i could. guess not good enough lol.

jb2colorado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jb2colorado
Re: Cooler than You

for the love of God make it stop with the same characters in all the shirts already. how is the Woot! community keeping this shirt in the running? That's the real question. I'll keep voting for artists who try creating something, not just pandering to the masses. Que sera sera.

skaake

Re: Let the music play

I really like the flow of this. Has a lot of motion.

~Henry Van Dyke

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley

Maybe Woot would benefit from the editors selecting their favorite shirt from each week's derby and putting it up for sale on Thursday. I'm guessing they would make better selections than the site's voters have been making as of late, so we'd be more likely to get at least one decent print out of each contest. If the editor's choice turns out to be in the top three anyway they could just sell some old shirt on Thursday like they usually do.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 174 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Music Never Dies

@krastofer - Aw thanks so much for the vote! Formats always rise and fall so I thought the phoenix was a good symbol of the changing nature of storage.

@joemail11 - Shirts do make great presents. =D Crosses fingers.

@be10der2me, shaunesay, megsck, megadog, zwartepaard, mdcushman75, Drakxxx, tcgriffin - Woooo, I'm glad you like it. Thanks so much!

@palookaboy - I can see why, they are a lot of fun to draw. But it's a good change of pace from all the cute animals I normally draw.

@icymallard - heheheheh.

@partimejudas - Aww thanks. I always have difficulty with certain effects. I had to restart here and there with the coloring but I'm glad it came together in the end. Stare at it all you want. =D Fire!

Thanks so much everyone for the comments and votes!

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
Re: two turntables and a gramophone

Ooooooh... I REALLY like the linework of this design. Very cool. I hope it prints!

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
Re: I have this song stuck in my head

If I had a dollar for every time I had a song stuck in my head I could print a thousand of these shirts for you.

Jussslic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jussslic
Re: Star trails remix

man it's been months since I've commented on woot, or even voted, but I want to own this pretty bad.

VOTE!

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Thanks guys , 220clothing, guitarhero88, vmc3, appreciate your support and comments ,also thanks all who are supporting this one, cheers! (o;