lonelypond

quality posts: 667 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: PerambulateMan

Now this is an excellent vintage ; )

awlwren

quality posts: 3 Private Messages awlwren
lightofdarkness wrote:The only thing I would say is that I doubt future archeologists would wear watches :-p

Obviously it's a mobile total station. Geez. ^_^

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: You spin me right round

is that a family guy shirt i see in your sig? where is the American Dad love lucky? ;)

bought one btw, ill wear it over to family guy as soon as i get it =)

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365
DianaSprinkle wrote:Awww, I really wish this design was going more votes. I like the way you've drawn the Walkman and the bear. It's so sweet.

Thanks Diana. Glad you like this design, I think no chance to get more vote, it only left one day for voting.

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
Re: Retro Love

How fun!! I absolutely LOVE this! I wanted to build a monster myself, but I gave in to complete laziness. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

kevlar51

quality posts: 54 Private Messages kevlar51
Spiritgreen wrote:Definitely a handsome design.

Did you invent this 'bot for your shirts or have you been drawing him for a while? He's a great character. :^)

Thanks!

I started drawing him in earnest for my shirts, but I can go back in old school notes and find lots of doodles with different versions of him.

But he's intentionally generic--I can get a lot more emotion out of him by not complicating his structure. Doesn't mean I can't turn him into a dapper dandy though.

dthacker9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dthacker9
Re: Audio Emergency

And if I was lucky, the splice took out part of the drum solo! Great shirt!

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
chennai8 wrote:Nice design!

Thank you so much.

grrlmarvel

Re: The Audiophile

I enjoy the placement on this (as well as the illustration). GMV

grrlmarvel

dooomcat wrote:I'd love this if it was just the bird, the boom box, and his tweet bubble. Some of the stuff in the back is just distracting and throwing tangents everywhere. Colors are really nice together though!

I totally took your advice and did a simpler one. I agree that it seems a bit more to the point in the second version.

juanoc74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanoc74
usopp wrote:i feel i need to post and tell you that you have a great idea here. unfortunately, the design isn't very strong. If you can work it into something more appealing I'll definatly vote for it. Still made me laugh though.

Thnak you For the fedback and the votes guys.
I got a question thou;
Is anyway to make changes a design with out resubmit and loss all the votes from the previous one?
For example if i want to make changes to this drawing..can i do it with out afecting my votes?

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
AdderXYU wrote:Poe! On a Record! You know what that means!

Wait, no one knows what that means, because the two items are totally unrelated!

yippee I got a snarky comment from Adder on one of my designs!

gymst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gymst
endangeredomega wrote:Madness of Miss Stereo, anyone? -_-

MoMS is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this! Hmmmmm.....

ToasterP

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ToasterP

I'm sick of this type of shirt, not because Ramyb remade an old design and is going to make money off of it; I am just tired of everything on this site having to be CUTE.

Seriously,
Penguins
cats
turtles
pandas
cupcakes
food in general

all of it done in this same cutsey almost animeish fashion and I am so sick of it. Every week I attempt to vote judiciously in the Derby to make my voice against cuteness heard. In the end however this is the internet, and as such all other points will be tramples under the will of
"OMFGZ teh lol catz!"
or "OMFGz teh lol penguinz!"
or "OMFGz teh lol cupkakez!"

the list goes on.

Relay for Life 2011 Donate to fight cancer

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
wootvan wrote:Stunning work, expo.

Thanks a lot wootvan! (o;

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Grow

Love the colors!

wootvan

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootvan
juanoc74 wrote:Thnak you For the fedback and the votes guys.
I got a question thou;
Is anyway to make changes a design with out resubmit and loss all the votes from the previous one?
For example if i want to make changes to this drawing..can i do it with out afecting my votes?

If you submit another entry, it starts at zero. This entry (and its votes) remain unless you remove it.

walmazan

quality posts: 71 Private Messages walmazan
Re: The Comeback

This is one of my favorites!
+1

blkh2bio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blkh2bio
Re: Musical Darwinism

Would this make the 8 track the 'Missing Link'? I like the concept though, +1 vote.

kittykalypso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittykalypso
Re: Spirits in the Sky

Cute! Love the moustache and wonky teeth on Mr. Cassette [:

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
Re: Forest Melody

Such a wonderful feel to this one!
+1

ZandersZa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa
Re: How it really worked

GMV, but could you post some close-ups of the detail, please?

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Re: How it really worked

Alright!!! One of my favs made it to the fog.

lucky1988

quality posts: 22 Private Messages lucky1988
megsck wrote:is that a family guy shirt i see in your sig? where is the American Dad love lucky? ;)

bought one btw, ill wear it over to family guy as soon as i get it =)

Thanks megsck, yes it is! It's from the "family" derby #122 a while back. Glad you like it.

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
Re: Audio Mythos

Even though I get kinda tired of seeing Cthulus everywhere, I do really like Drakxxx's art style. And the concept of this design is pretty cool. I'd certainly buy it for my boyfriend.

grrlmarvel

Re: Sooo Heavy!

I really love your style. You have clean, crisp, with great expressions (which obviously everyone loves too)

grrlmarvel

jxchen wrote:Great use of color here. It lends the image a retro feel, which lends itself well to the theme.

Thank you so much!

grrlmarvel

Spiritgreen wrote:This is lovely. The loose style and the original colors, really neat. Ya GMV.

:^)

Ah thanks! I'm still hoping your design gets more votes.

juanoc74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanoc74
wootvan wrote:If you submit another entry, it starts at zero. This entry (and its votes) remain unless you remove it.

Got it!
Muchas muchas gracias

couboo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages couboo
Re: Let the music play

Thanks for the feedback :]

http://coubo.fr

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Amplitude
meh3884 wrote:Wow you and radio were on the same frequency with this one! Love 'em both! Awesome work

I know right? I did a doubletake. Looks like his might make it though... today I see this one is out of the fog again. Glad you love both though, thanks meh3884!

Bandrik wrote:Looks neat, it reminds me of the green swirls they used to have on the Xbox 360 boxes. I guess that's not a bad thing. I like my Xbox. :D

Oh really? I haven't played Xbox too much, but I think I vaguely know what you're talking about. Sure, doesn't sound bad:D Thanks Bandrik!

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
jmmbell1987 wrote:
Ramyb has gone out of his way to shred any measure of benefit of the doubt anyone but his most fervent fanboys have for him.

That's exactly it. I guess I'm missing woot's definition of pop culture if this isn't rejected on those grounds...But that's not just it---Ramy seems to go out of his way to chastise us with these designs, and I find it disrespectful. Almost like he's sticking his tongue out and saying neenerneenerneener every week in the face of the rules, the community, and other artists who are continually trumped by these rehashes.

Just because the masses gulp it up doesn't make it good. Do we really need an "ignorance of the masses" reference? Last I checked, woot was, in fact, about talented artists making good shirts.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
jasneko wrote:I know right? I did a doubletake. Looks like his might make it though... today I see this one is out of the fog again. Glad you love both though, thanks meh3884!

Still gots time, still gots time! The voters are really confounding me this week, but I think they may come to their senses...I'm pulling for you. Would love to get my hands on this shirt.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

thatrobert

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thatrobert
snief wrote::D Thanks!

Just a question in general, why is this being rated so poorly?

Between the colors and patterns it was a little tough for me to see what was going on. However, I like the cool idea, fun characters, and great linework. Please keep participating!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 36 Private Messages odysseyroc
thatrobert wrote:Between the colors and patterns it was a little tough for me to see what was going on. However, I like the cool idea, fun characters, and great linework. Please keep participating!

I agree with this assessment. I really like the linework and characters, but the color is kind of killing it for me.

It feels like this is the only crit I ever give, but here is goes anyways. Your colors are very close in value and saturation, which tends to make them vibrate (or whatever you want to call it) where two colors are next to each other. Take your image, switch modes to greyscale, and you'll see where values blend into each other.

cheeselump

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cheeselump
teacookie wrote:...My cousin is addicted to penguins, I'm addicted to bunnies, boyfriend is addicted to cats, we all like ferrets, a girlfriend of mine is addicted to pandas...

whoa there!
am i to believe that you guys sit around in your dimly lit trashed squatter house chopping up lines of cute furry animals? if so i need some advise... i've got a beak stuck in my sinus.

sindorf679

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sindorf679

Oops, the box around the design won't be there when it prints. Sorry...

snief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snief
odysseyroc wrote:I agree with this assessment. I really like the linework and characters, but the color is kind of killing it for me.

It feels like this is the only crit I ever give, but here is goes anyways. Your colors are very close in value and saturation, which tends to make them vibrate (or whatever you want to call it) where two colors are next to each other. Take your image, switch modes to greyscale, and you'll see where values blend into each other.

Sweet, thank you very much for the feedback! Is it proper etiquette here to submit an update or should I just let this one go? (I'm guessing let it go, I'd have to get hundreds of likes)

Thanks again

cheeselump

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cheeselump
Re: Audio Mythos

as i remember, some of the old basf tapes had the evil face on 'em. got one around with stolen aerosmith made before the internet helped me pirate music. gotta find that now, haven't heard "love in an elevator" for a while.

::btw, if you're with any sort of law enforcement agency please disregard the above post::

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Glad to see some major slow-burn support for this. Even if it falls short this time, hopefully it will do well in the double-take or woot will give it consideration for an EC.