+ Add a Comment

cobaltgrl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cobaltgrl
Re: TapeWorm

Love the background!

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
midgerock wrote:solid design Sedd! love the bag of notes!

Cheers Midge

thatrobert

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Mine is the last voice you will ever hear

jewelwing wrote:This is cool. I like the colors a lot.

Thanks Jewel!

FlyingMouse365 wrote:Nice color!

Thanks Mouse. It took me a long time to get just the right combo of colors.

megsck wrote:you have a great eye for design, this is crazy cool.

Thanks Meg!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 174 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
chumpmagic wrote:Wow, that is cool! The way you did the fire around the music media reminds me of comics in the early nineties.

HA HA HA, I didn't realize that until you pointed it out. I started reading superhero comics in the late 80s to the early 90's so I totally know what you're talking about. I guess those comics were more influential then I gave them credit for.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Disco Inferno!! Burning, burning, Melting

Why's this one getting no love? I like it. The drips are pretty thick and it is kind of a turn-off... that or the fact that most of them have a somewhat phallic shape.

amh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amh
vorteks wrote:The art is great. I wonder if the placement could be improved though? Judging by the given example, I think maybe having the design a bit smaller might improve it? Is it even in the printable margins?

Yeah, it's within printable area, but good suggestion, I'll post a smaller version.

I was wondering why it was doing so poorly.

Tnx :D

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Dead Man's Party

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate the support. I enjoyed drawing this a whole lot.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
Re: Sound Bite

Thanks, all!

staffell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages staffell
Re: Star trails remix

Is there any doubt this'll place in the top 3? I would have bet money you'd sub something to this contest ;)

No advertising, pls.

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
Re: Walk, Man, Walk

Very clever.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

odysseyroc

quality posts: 36 Private Messages odysseyroc
chumpmagic wrote:I said TOP NOTCH dag nabbit! :P

But I do love Lateef and lyrics Born (even though lyrics born seems to be more R&B/ dance now). Latyrx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!

hearing Haiku D'etat and Quannum together was the biggest win in the world for me. The LA guys are allways my favorite, but any time they get together with Bay Area MCs, It makes me happy.

Cantatus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Cantatus
Re: Music Roots

I have to agree that it does immediately bring Fractal Tree to mind. Not sure if that's a good thing.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
Re: UNWOUND

Huge fan of this palette and style. VERY wearable. +1

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
Re: The Audiophile

It is a very nice design but robots are pop culture related and I predict the rejection hammer for this one.
TGentry said they are taking no prisoners this week! No matter how sweet they are!

emilysp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emilysp
kylemittskus wrote:Substitute cassette tape for the tree and done? This is your same exact idea. It was boring last time and it's even more boring this time since memory doesn't fade that quickly.

I actually think it looks great and just because it looks kinda similar to his tree shirt doesn't mean it's the exact same idea. The fact that the tape from the cassette is making the roots is pretty ingenious and in my opinion makes the cassette seem even more "retro". I like it. In for 1 if it wins.

chumpmagic

I liked this design when I saw it in the prethread, but I really like the placement on the shirt. It looks so proper in that corner, and I love successful abnormally placed design! In short, I love it!

chumpmagic

be10der2me wrote:It is a very nice design but robots are pop culture related and I predict the rejection hammer for this one.
TGentry said they are taking no prisoners this week! No matter how sweet they are!

I'm sure kevlar had that style before the movie came out (and it is his style it seems after viewing his past entries). The trap jaw robot is not a new thing and is definitely not unique to the movie robots... I think he's good.

be10der2me

Re: Music Never Dies

Beautiful work AND you adhered to the theme! I'm in for one or two if it prints! +1

ittybittyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ittybittyx
Re: Audio Mythos

what does the script on the cassette's label say?

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
vorteks wrote:Nice! This would make a good gym shirt to go with my "race for a cure for something" woot shirt. GMV.

Thanks a lot vorteks!! (o;

kevlar51

quality posts: 54 Private Messages kevlar51
be10der2me wrote:It is a very nice design but robots are pop culture related and I predict the rejection hammer for this one.

Thanks for the compliment; I hope steampunk robots, particularly one of my own design, haven't risen to the level "pop culture" just yet .

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Sport Walker

skirochester wrote:brilliantly rendered. love it

Thanks mate!! (o;

juanoc74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanoc74
chumpmagic wrote:Why's this one getting no love? I like it. The drips are pretty thick and it is kind of a turn-off... that or the fact that most of them have a somewhat phallic shape.

Thank you i am fix in it right now

kevlar51

chumpmagic wrote:I'm sure kevlar had that style before the movie came out (and it is his style it seems after viewing his past entries). The trap jaw robot is not a new thing and is definitely not unique to the movie robots... I think he's good.

Thanks chump--what movie are we talking about exactly?

ApeLad

quality posts: 63 Private Messages ApeLad
marzipanapple wrote:Clean, colorful, and cute (and on Heather Grey!!) This is a nicely executed idea. I love the little album cover against the trunk. And I love the movement implied by his feet and the record.

Thank you! And he's listening to himself on the record.

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
Re: Cooler than You

I'm sorry you guys have such problems with Ramy. I love his shirts. Yeah, he reuses a lot of his designs/themes. But it's a brand. People like brands. There's not ONE person who commented on this thread who isn't loyal to one brand or another, whether intentional or not. So you're just as bad as the people you slam for voting for and buying Ramy's shirts. Just a thought.

Papaya79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Papaya79
Re: Dead Man's Party

This came out great! Saw your sketch and was hoping it would look awesome in color. It does Nice job!

Papaya79

Re: you spin me right round

Sweet idea!!

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
dreamwootseeker wrote:Yeah, this is definitely a pop culture reference. And Draxx himself has had a win with Cthulhu earlier.

I'm all for rules. And if we broke the rules, then it should be removed. But I don't think it did. If I thought so I wouldn't have bothered to work on it. I had this idea that the rule was to stop designs similar to the specified Mario and Star Wars restrictions... such as no "Back to the Future", no "Lord of the Rings", no "Zelda" or more Ackbar shirts with him tangles up in tape saying "It's an Eight Trap"

I thought Cthulhu was on par with (as someone mentioned) Dracula, Frankenstein, mummies, werewolves, zombies, dragons, pirates, ninjas, and various food items with adorable little "COLON D" faces :D

Now, if we're talking about a total wipe of every connection to any common ideas or elements that exist in the modern mainstream, such as the aforementioned smiley, then I apologize and I'll get started on that side placement vector cassette tape swirly design I was thinking about. But I really hope that won't be necessary.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Cooler than You

Similar Shirts Exist.

(do I really need to link it?????)

Papaya79

Re: attic party!

Awesome. Just awesome!

Jestik

Re: two turntables and a gramophone

the colors on this are incredibly good.

voted for, and hope to buy this one.

Papaya79

Love this! It's surprisingly emotive. GMV!

Jestik

SeedUvPain wrote:Don't call it a comeback, tape's been here for years...

BOOTSBOOTS SAID KNOCK YOU OOOOOOUUUUUUUUUT!!!!

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Music Never Dies

Ooohhhhh c'mon! Why's it always treble clef?! I play bass, and as such, cannot vote for this shirt. :P

Think of best friends/ Think of strangers/ Think of lovers/ Think of foes/ Think of children/ Think of family/ Keep in mind that nothing stays

r4wrm0nster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages r4wrm0nster
Re: Young Love Mix

I think I would like it better if the image was smaller. Maybe even place it where your actual heart would be

be10der2me

Re: attic party!

VERY NICE! GMV!

kevlar51

chumpmagic wrote:Don't get too excited. A chumpmagic party mix is just 85 minutes of Gloria Estefan's Conga repeated over and over then toped off with Marvin Gaye's Lets get it on at the end

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Partttaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 174 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Assassin15 wrote:Ooohhhhh c'mon! Why's it always treble clef?! I play bass, and as such, cannot vote for this shirt. :P

The phoenix itself has the bass clefs for it's tall and head plumage... if that helps. =D Sorry that part got a little hidden but I did include it.

novastarj

quality posts: 34 Private Messages novastarj
tcanning wrote:Kind of a Sirius GPP reason to reject an otherwise nice design.

I agree, that's a harsh rejection based solely on the "A" (of what's otherwise very solid design).

I hope you resub, GMV if you do.