CapSea


quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
joeshen2000 wrote:... Impostor was a collaboration by ramyb and sekiyoku. Just fyi.

Ramyb probably jumped the shark a little with this either way.



That's the joke, champ =P

MBrulla


quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla

Take that ramy haters!

This writeup redeems ramy's artistic integrity and flys his flag high above those so-called "good" designs.

...Right?

contemporaryscarlett


quality posts: 0 Private Messages contemporaryscarlett

Woot is "Cooler Than You" because by doing a snarky write-up, they maintain the appearance that they care about quality, originality or artistic expression; all while counting the dollars. I bow to your marketing prowess.

sircruizer


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sircruizer

Here I am wearing A Peculiar Discovery and this shirt pops up. It's fate I tell ya! Plus, one can never own enough penguin shirts.

lonelypond


quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond
jmmbell1987 wrote:The write-up was indeed funny. It's also frustrating that it more or less confirms that the "similar shirts exist" rule has absolutely no rhyme nor reason to its application.



It would be quite funny, but much like this tweaked template of a shirt I'm tired of seeing the let's pander to the crowd that's not going to like this patter.

I have Imposter. It amuses my target audience. It was early in my wooting. And one is enough.


Merry Christmas shirtwoot!

shadowknight125


quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125

Another ramyb shirt...with penguins...i'll pass

ambergreen


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

I wonder how Ramyb feels when he reads the writeups. Smug?

Trax333


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Trax333

is this a joke? i really thought the "cute" design wouldn't win and we could have an actually cool shirt... typical woot

Assassin15


quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

If you think about it, cool people *always* wear sunglasses, even when the stars are out and they are surrounded by blackness.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

theicyone


quality posts: 0 Private Messages theicyone

The hostility the Woot Write Up people have against ramyb is kinda.. funny, but also appears kind of sad. Obviously his stuff sells, so why berate him?

Not that I'm buying it, I'm just making a observation.

joeshen2000


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeshen2000
CapSea wrote:That's the joke, champ =P



Indeed, but you know somebody's gotta be the one to say the obvious so we can get it over with...

Oh wait a second... (b^^)b

Stupidity rules the foundation of our lives; it just means that you gotta move on and deal with the stupidity of it all.

AZsabin


quality posts: 1 Private Messages AZsabin

I can't tell if the write up is making fun of Ramyb or the rest of us....

NightGhost


quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost

You got designer shades,
Just to hide your face and
You wear them around like,
You're cooler than me.
And you never say hey,
Or remember my name.
Its probably cuz, you think you're cooler than me.

etripoli


quality posts: 18 Private Messages etripoli

I hope there is a great white shark just beneath the ice. With dull teeth. And really bad breath.

cwhieldon


quality posts: 18 Private Messages cwhieldon

Fancy technology won't keep you warm, hip penguins. Oversized headphones for life!

sabru8


quality posts: 65 Private Messages sabru8

I've always had a think for mohawks.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Assassin15 wrote:Wow, I never ever would have thought of that one as being similar at all. You haters go a bit too far sometimes.



it's simply the fact they took two ideas they've already done and melded them into yet another tee.

sfire76


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sfire76

I love the write up, and I love the facepalm to all the complainers.. hah

You people forget this is a business; obviously more people liked the shirt than those that liked other shirts, don't take it so personal.

MBrulla


quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla

Btw...the woot writers had it right.

The writeup does what it's supposed to do. It appeases the masses and confuses those who will buy this shirt.

Woot will never stop him from subing...$ talks.

vixro


quality posts: 8 Private Messages vixro

To all of you complaining about originality: this shirt will sell out easily. It's all about running a business.... and keeping the rules comes second. This is especially true when the rules are open to interpretation. I personally LOVE the imposter shirt so this goes really well with it.. like having 2 pieces to a collection.

lonelypond


quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond
AZsabin wrote:I can't tell if the write up is making fun of Ramyb or the rest of us....



yep


Merry Christmas shirtwoot!

Invisiblemoose


quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose

Man, usually I'm all for harping on the cute shirts (and Ramyb to boot) but... retro audio's legit. That mohawked penguin know's where he's at. Those iPenguin's are so jealous.

dawgdave99


quality posts: 6 Private Messages dawgdave99

Don't hate on a guy for appealing to the masses, but do get out there and VOTE!

zzzaap


quality posts: 51 Private Messages zzzaap

I won't lie, I'm getting tired of this kind of art style.

Assassin15


quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
JadenKale wrote:it's simply the fact they took two ideas they've already done and melded them into yet another tee.



Please feel free to beat me soundly over the head and shoulders. I understand what you were saying now and it makes perfect sense. Apologies for sounding rude...

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

ZandersZa


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa

This shirt winning via the democratic process reminds me so much of what's happening in Wisconsin. It seems like everyone is against it and complaining about it... yet it's only there because the people voted for it.

Or something like that.

getshighoncocacola


quality posts: 1 Private Messages getshighoncocacola

Duuh...whaaa--?
*stares in blank disbelief, blinks a few times* This won? Out of all the clever designs vying for first place? After all the people who were seriously frustrated with the repitition and no doubt the countless tattles on it? After even the woot write-up guy flat out says it's 'eeriely similar'? It still wins??

That write-up guy is pretty clever. He made a modern clubbing version of The Raven which, albeit making Poe roll over several times in his grave, was still pretty clever. And when even he can't find something witty to say, you know the shirt is pretty unredeemable.

What makes me angry isn't that there are people who love this shirt or people who bought one or even that RamyB is making a bunch of money on this. It's how many woot voters get to sit here for twenty-four hours waiting for an original, interesting design to be available.

I guess all we can hope for at this point is that the penguin fangirls/boys grab their Imposter-- whoops, I mean, Cooler Than You shirts now and get it out of the way so it can be reckoned and make room for better shirts.

I'm disappointed. And I don't get disappointed like this easily. Oh well. Those of you who like do-overs of penguin line-ups, woot to your hearts content. I'll be back on here tomorrow to see what's 2nd place. Peace all.
~GetsHighOnCocaCola

"No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on the proper occasions."~Henry Ward Beecher

sircruizer


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sircruizer
chrisprender wrote:Serious question: Biologically, are penguins even able to do that mohawk thing? I didn't picture their feathers being that long or sculptable.



It's father was a cockatiel.

shadowknight125


quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125

Uhhh...Woot!, I've been skulking around your website for a few years now and I have to say shirt.woot is getting pretty boring with seemingly every week producing a ramyb shirt. I have nothing against his artistic ability but is all the same old same old stuff. I am an adult who would like shirts that do not have cutesy anime-esque critters on them. I have seen junior high kids wearing ramyb designs. Thanks but no.

polluxoil


quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

I've never seen a ramyb design in a Double-Take Derby. Maybe it's because every derby is a double-take derby to ramyb.

lonelypond


quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond
ZandersZa wrote:This shirt winning via the democratic process reminds me so much of what's happening in Wisconsin. It seems like everyone is against it and complaining about it... yet it's only there because the people voted for it.

Or something like that.



also yep. and now I'm going to go read something else and/or remember all the positive things shirt.woot and/or sleep.

Good night.


Merry Christmas shirtwoot!

woolysockofdoom


quality posts: 16 Private Messages woolysockofdoom

For all future derbies, woot will be forced to enforce these new rules.


  • No text, numbers, garble or anything resembling a written code, language or similar artificial communication.
  • No Mario, Star Wars, Star Trek, Starscream or any other pop culture references (including that one).
  • No bunnies, kittens, giraffes, penguins, turtles, zebras or any other cute animal.
  • Nothing cute, or even close to being cute. Ever.
  • No David Bowie.

CapSea


quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

"The New York Yankees. The New England Patriots. The Detroit Red Wings. Manchester United. ramyb"

Ding! What are things with really annoying fans?

I'll take causes of frustration for 400 Alex.

musicshark32


quality posts: 3 Private Messages musicshark32

here's an idea for you all: you wear this one, and your friend wears the other one one world, two groups of penguins!

and then the next day, you wear this, and your friend wears this!

i think woot is onto something here...

  • Random Crap - 11

NightGhost


quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost

When all is said and done, if you wear this, you can smile as people say "nice shirt."

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Assassin15 wrote:Please feel free to beat me soundly over the head and shoulders. I understand what you were saying now and it makes perfect sense. Apologies for sounding rude...



No need for beating about the body if you understand my positioning. It's not a hatred based on someone printing well, repeatedly. Hell, if that were the case, I'd hate TGentry and I don't by any stretch of the imagination (be it pre- or post- woot staff ) or any of the vast majority of whom I talk to outside of woot's forums as well. This is so obviously 'Imposter' with a touch of 'Music is Life' that they look like one-trick ponies.

It really is a wonder, if they are as great as everyone brags when they print or put something up in the derbies (open to interpretation or not) that they aren't printing all over the place. Hmmm, funny about that. I don't see them elsewhere other than woot. And while you can defend that with, "well, so-and-so also hasn't printed elsewhere..." you really do have to wonder why they won't get printed by places that hand out bigger payouts.

bluejester


quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
getshighoncocacola wrote:Duuh...whaaa--?
*stares in blank disbelief, blinks a few times* This won? Out of all the clever designs vying for first place? After all the people who were seriously frustrated with the repitition and no doubt the countless tattles on it? After even the woot write-up guy flat out says it's 'eeriely similar'? It still wins??

That write-up guy is pretty clever. He made a modern clubbing version of The Raven which, albeit making Poe roll over several times in his grave, was still pretty clever. And when even he can't find something witty to say, you know the shirt is pretty unredeemable.

What makes me angry isn't that there are people who love this shirt or people who bought one or even that RamyB is making a bunch of money on this. It's how many woot voters get to sit here for twenty-four hours waiting for an original, interesting design to be available.

I guess all we can hope for at this point is that the penguin fangirls/boys grab their Imposter-- whoops, I mean, Cooler Than You shirts now and get it out of the way so it can be reckoned and make room for better shirts.

I'm disappointed. And I don't get disappointed like this easily. Oh well. Those of you who like do-overs of penguin line-ups, woot to your hearts content. I'll be back on here tomorrow to see what's 2nd place. Peace all.
~GetsHighOnCocaCola



I agree. This is the most painful win I've seen in a long time. I get disappointed when stuff I vote for doesn't print, but I can accept the loss. This win just bugs me on so many levels it would take snake-like ranting to even begin to echo my fustration. Part of me strongly suspects that "Sounds Like Hell" would have won this derby if it hadn't shot itself in the foot by being up for voting at another site. But even if that was the case, it would still mean that this design would have won a top spot.

Woot, I has sad over this not only not getting rejected, but over getting printed at all.

CapSea


quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
vixro wrote:To all of you complaining about originality: this shirt will sell out easily. It's all about running a business.... and keeping the rules comes second. This is especially true when the rules are open to interpretation. I personally LOVE the imposter shirt so this goes really well with it.. like having 2 pieces to a collection.



I will bet you respect that it does not sell out.

wootchawant


quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

thank you for the "wear this shirt/don't wear this shirt" writeups--their cleverness was worth the visit tonight even if the design doesn't reflect such originality.

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

megsck


quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
chrisprender wrote:Serious question: Biologically, are penguins even able to do that mohawk thing? I didn't picture their feathers being that long or sculptable.