lyonessnyc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonessnyc

But where's Jareth??

savvyp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages savvyp

*sigh* This is the second shirt this month that has gotten me to break my no-new-t-shirts-for-now rule.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
kismatt wrote:It amuses me that one of the figures looks like Harry Potter...

So does this mean that Dr. Who was a professor at Hogwarts?

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

Great design! Unfortunately I'm not that much of a Doctor Who fan :/

remisser

quality posts: 13 Private Messages remisser

Is today some sort of Doctor Who holiday? There's a Who shirt on every shirt-a-day site I go to (here, qwertee, teefury) -- it's hilarious. Now I have to buy them all.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester
amnewsboy wrote:Can somebody tell me WHO this is a parody of?

(banishes self to the Bad Pun Corner)

Just Who do you think you are young man! Why, Woot ought to call a Doctor to have your head examined for making such puns!

Don't slouch and sontaron away like that, I'm not done lecturing you about puns and jokes. If I've told you once, I've told you 11 times, leave the puns to big guys.

dwbig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwbig

I love Doctor Who
But I hate this shirt
Tom Baker is my favorite Doctor
But in this shirt he looks like Raggedy Ann

I love my "It Came Out Of Nowhere" shirt

ellethom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellethom
remisser wrote:Is today some sort of Doctor Who holiday? There's a Who shirt on every shirt-a-day site I go to (here, qwertee, teefury) -- it's hilarious. Now I have to buy them all.

This i am sooo broke right now and sooo happy too...

Oh man its like the TARDIS blew up all over this shirt and spit out Doctors of every shape and size...

ellethom

bluejester wrote:Just Who do you think you are young man! Why, Woot ought to call a Doctor to have your head examined for making such puns!

Don't slouch and sontaron away like that, I'm not done lecturing you about puns and jokes. If I've told you once, I've told you 11 times, leave the puns to big guys.

Oh that was just Dalektable

m5rammy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages m5rammy

I'm a big enough Who-fan to buy it, but not big enough to know exactly which one is which.

Can someone please make mo a cheat-sheet chart, with outlines and numbers perhaps, showing which Who is who?

thanks in advance,

R

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

No pun intended, but who is your favorite Doctor?

Tom Baker is my choice because even when listening to the commentaries on episodes, it's like he's still the Doctor. He didn't end up being typecast, more like they started casting types after him.

remisser

m5rammy wrote:
Can someone please make mo a cheat-sheet chart, with outlines and numbers perhaps, showing which Who is who?

I made an outline... here's your cheat sheet on which Who is Who: http://i.imgur.com/fkDAc.png

MachineAmbition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MachineAmbition

If I had a kid, she would be wearing this shirt in a few weeks.

EmpressCrane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EmpressCrane

Just ordered, this shirt has officially made my evening. Thank you woot =D

ellethom

bluejester wrote:No pun intended, but who is your favorite Doctor?

Tom Baker is my choice because even when listening to the commentaries on episodes, it's like he's still the Doctor. He didn't end up being typecast, more like they started casting types after him.

Agreed, tom Baker was my Doctor too, my second favorite has to be Nine, then Eight, he had a lot of adventures in print, if you have not read them, go forth. Also, he did a lot of the Big Finish Radio series, he had quite a good run. I loved him. Eleven is really starting to grow on me, but this is the first time the actor playing the part is younger than me...whew where did the time go?

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
zekecatz wrote:So does this mean that Dr. Who was a professor at Hogwarts?

no he was barty crouch Jr. B^)

kinda funny how two shirt sites have a Dr shirts today B^)

robio

quality posts: 41 Private Messages robio

I've been a huge "Doctor Who" geek since 1979. I made my own version of a Baker scarf and wore it to school regularly in junior high. Whichever Doctor I happen to me watching is my favorite Doctor at that time, save for McCoy, who I can't watch at all without someone restraining me from punching my television.

But I can't buy this tee shirt. The likenesses are not close enough to the characters. I'll stick with my "It came out of nowhere" TARDIS-DeLorean collision Woot shirt.

/I'm sorry...I'm so sorry.

tarunvshah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarunvshah

just wondering after seeing the designer's profile which gives the current design as being present on threadless...was this on threadless earlier? does woot print designs that were ealier printed on other sites?

bookworm656

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bookworm656

I like it (and ordered one)! :D But Ten looks a bit more like Harry Potter than Ten, because his hair isn't sticking up enough, and some of the other Doctors aren't quite right either. (Ten just sticks out to me the most because I've seen the most of him, and I haven't seen much of the old series.) Still a fun shirt, though--and it seems quite appropriate to have all the Doctors walking around in a paradoxical staircase.

Woot: I'm in it for the monkeys.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

Which one is Roger Daltrey?

Oh, er - never mind.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen

My Mom knitted me a Tom Baker, Dr Who scarf and I am still the proud owner of it.

Congrats on the impending sell out Anna-Maria. :^)

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin
dukeboarder wrote:"Oh no did I hit 'Crazy Stairs'?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CDWQtM-cKo

Haha exactly what I thought of when I saw the shirt!

fuzznarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzznarf

Is this a spoof or a ripoff?? it looks nearly identical to Escher's Reality. right down to the person sitting on the stoop (#5). I dunno, maybe I just don't get it.
But either way, the artist could have spent a little more time on the archway in the middle that looks mangled.

cwachen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwachen

This shirt is amazing!!!!

thearchermdd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thearchermdd

Ummm... I hate to ask, but what about #12/13, Michael Jayston?

tedzilla99

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99

This shirt proves that Daleks can't climb stairs, which is why they are always saying "Escalate!"

moronbrigade

quality posts: 23 Private Messages moronbrigade
bluejester wrote:No pun intended, but who is your favorite Doctor?

My doctor has always been the ninth because for me it shows his darker side a bit more. Old school doctors I would have to say the second. However I like eleven alot right now. I always have been a fand of that fool heartiness.

Seize the Opportunity.

remisser

L3g3ndQ wrote:no he was barty crouch Jr. B^)

kinda funny how two shirt sites have a Dr shirts today B^)

if you saw my earlier comment - THREE shirt a day sites have a who shirt today (aside from woot -- qwertee and teefury)

robsnead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robsnead

The chick in white, sitting on the bench...STONE COLD FOX!

redyellowblu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redyellowblu

I'm joining the Who fans Woot group who boycott this shirt but wear their It Came Out of Nowhere weekly (or biweekly if it's not too dirty)

I absolutely agree that the likenesses are awful. It looks like they looked up pictures on the internet but never actually watched any of the older shows.

And the worst of it all is that Tom Baker looks like he's not wearing pants...

queenmob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages queenmob

hiho the artist speaking here

Glad somem of you like it, sorry some of you don't - the cartoony stly is not for everyone, but for some it is.
I actually really love Dr. Who, Im a huge fan.

And the piece of art this is a hommage to is called "Relativity".

Thanks! :-D

Queenmob/Anna-Maria Jung

illustration: www.jung-comics.com
shirts: www.jung-shirts.com

remisser

queenmob wrote:hiho the artist speaking here

Glad somem of you like it, sorry some of you don't - the cartoony stly is not for everyone, but for some it is.

I like the shirt and will be getting it. Unlike some of the complainers (there will ALWAYS be complainers) I was easily able to discern which Who was Who because I have eyeballs and a functional brain stem. :D I think the design is wonderful... almost makes them look like Lego versions of the Doctor.

Pepperonitaco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pepperonitaco

That description was hilarious. City of Death for the win!

phantomstang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phantomstang

I'm going up the stairs, I'm going down the stairs. I'm going up the stairs, I'm going down the stairs. I'm going up the sideways stairs!

queenmob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages queenmob
remisser wrote:I like the shirt and will be getting it. Unlike some of the complainers (there will ALWAYS be complainers) I was easily able to discern which Who was Who because I have eyeballs and a functional brain stem. :D I think the design is wonderful... almost makes them look like Lego versions of the Doctor.

Thanks for the kind words. :-)

illustration: www.jung-comics.com
shirts: www.jung-shirts.com

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1
tomcall wrote:So close. I've been hoping someone would actually make a shirt spoofing this:

I'd think the obvious treatment here would be to replace the pencils with screwdrivers, and instead of drawing each other, have an access panel on Luke's forearm open, exposing the mechanical workings within...

But it would take an artist to render that, and I am not he...

bfr004

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfr004

This made me think of 'Castrovalva' instead of 'City of Death,' but then I have a soft spot for Peter Davison.

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

All they need is a football (American) to recreate the Warehouse 13 commercial -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJEOysa2jW8

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

"...MC Escher that's my favorite emcee.
Keep your 40
I'll just have an Earl Grey tea
My rims never spin to the contrary
You'll find they're quite stationary
All of my action figures are cherry
Steven Hawkings in my library...."

Examine Bindle of Carrots.