goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

drunkenalien wrote:Can someone please explain this cause I'm totally confused

Duuuuuude, you don't explain this--you just experience it.
Feel it and grok it, man. Feel it and grok it.
*grins all goofy and bright, high on her two-shirt purchase*

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

Not everything has to have a specific meaning, champ. Sometimes things just are what they are, and it's up to you to decide if you like it and what you like about it.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Wowie wowow wowie, both of my favorite woot weirdos on one shirt?!?

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

jimisfirst

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimisfirst

$10 spent - check
$10 acid drops...err... hallucinogenic shirt ordered - check
Blank stares when wearing it - priceless.

Fantastic offering for a day that is sure to be filled with nothing but *cough*ipad2*cough* news. Best news of the day so far!

I am now eagerly awaiting my shirt!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
CapSea wrote:Not everything has to have a specific meaning, champ. Sometimes things just are what they are, and it's up to you to decide if you like it and what you like about it.

I'm actually fairly certain that this shirt is a classic bildungsroman, conveying the hopelessness of the suburban life juxtiposed next to the carefree but empty existence of a modern hedonistic Sodom and Gomorrah. The whispers of daily life penetrate our minds, but in the end, while we wish to soar with the technicolor birds, we end up retiring to our basement flowers.

Or something like that.

cwhieldon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages cwhieldon

There's so many things on this shirt...I don't know what kind of pun to make...

woot...commenter...systemfailure00001001000100....////[javadeath]....010101[buzzzwoot][&culture&wordplay&timeliness]...01

tomcall

quality posts: 102 Private Messages tomcall

Did Crayola just throw up on this shirt???

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot

that is definitely not a reading rainbow... more like an eating rainbow x_X

those poor books! what would LeVar Burton say? D:

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
jmmbell1987 wrote:I'm actually fairly certain that this shirt is a classic bildungsroman, conveying the hopelessness of the suburban life juxtiposed next to the carefree but empty existence of a modern hedonistic Sodom and Gomorrah. The whispers of daily life penetrate our minds, but in the end, while we wish to soar with the technicolor birds, we end up retiring to our basement flowers.

Or something like that.

Interesting. At first glance I felt an aura of profligate melancholy, mirroring the lonely flamingo during its fall from grace. But after further inspection I realized that this image is nothing more than an illustrative interpretation of two iconic melodies: Informer by Snow and Suga Suga by Baby Bash. Note the similarities:

Shirt: Streams of color flow down from the hands of a rainbow creator, flowing onward against the soft canvas.

Informer: Ya know say daddy me snow me-a go blame a licky boom-boom down

Shirt: A lonely falling star sways softly toward a solo child wearing a cone shaped fedora. Perchance to create a companionship?

Suga Suga: Every time we kick it it's off to the groovy, treat you like my sticky ickey or my sweet oowy goowy (fa real though)

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

As much as I like this design, I hope it printing today doesn't preclude Edgar's 'Unhappiness' or Boot's mustachioed MUAAHAHAHAHA from being chosen as editor's choice picks next week. ;)

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

sabru8

quality posts: 53 Private Messages sabru8

This looks like an acid trip....not that I would know what that's like or anything.

jmmbell1987

tomcall wrote:Did Crayola just throw up on this shirt???

Take this commerical.

Mix it with a liberal dose of this one and this one, and I think you're on the right track. Mix with large servings of Pink Floyd and 2001: A Space Odyssey.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Okay I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring and try to guess where Boots begins and Edgar ends. A little iffy about the rainbow on top but I think this is close. What do you guys think?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

CapSea wrote:Interesting. At first glance I felt an aura of hedonistic melancholy, mirroring the lonely flamingo during its fall from grace. But after further inspection I realized that this image is nothing more than an illustrative interpretation of two iconic melodies: Informer by Snow and Suga Suga by Baby Bash. Note the similarities:

Shirt: Streams of color flow down from the hands of a rainbow creator, flowing onward against the soft canvas.

Informer: Ya know say daddy me snow me-a go blame a licky boom-boom down

Shirt: A lonely falling star sways softly toward a solo child wearing a cone shaped fedora. Perchance to create a companionship?

Suga Suga: Every time we kick it it's off to the groovy, treat you like my sticky ickey or my sweet oowy goowy (fa real though)

I think Pitchfork's new art-review site, Turpentine, just found its next star reviewer.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

The design is open to interpretation. There is art that is like a novel, and then there is art that is like poetry where two people reading the same thing can come to different conclusions.

Don't be afraid to use your power of imagination (which is something this piece portrays), and don't be afraid to make assumptions because in this case, there are no wrong answers.

The artists may have a personal message here. They may not. Regardless, there is plenty to walk away with from this piece. Personal, for me, this represents an attempt to salvage a child's mind, when everything is a new experience and joyful. A beautiful moment in our lives that we can never return to... sadface

Also, nice collab you two!!!!

itsmisty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsmisty

Definitely wear this shirt to a babysitter interview if you want to say 'please hire me as your babysitter, I give SPECIAL candies to your kids!'.

jmmbell1987

tjost wrote:Okay I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring and try to guess where Boots begins and Edgar ends. A little iffy about the rainbow on top but I think this is close. What do you guys think?

I thought the books were boots' and the little corpse guy was edgar's, but otherwise, pretty close.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
tjost wrote:Okay I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring and try to guess where Boots begins and Edgar ends. A little iffy about the rainbow on top but I think this is close. What do you guys think?

I think the horizontal baby with no arms in the lower half of what you show in purple is more Edgar's style. Otherwise, I agree with you.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
mjc613 wrote:I think the horizontal baby with no arms in the lower half of what you show in purple is more Edgar's style. Otherwise, I agree with you.

I was thinking that but then looking at the line weight in the obvious Edgar to obvious Boots I thought it leaned more to the Boots spectrum. Come on artist's let us know

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

I'd agree but the pillow seems very Edgar-esque and the books seem a little bootsy too me (at least the line work), but they could have made an effort to adapt each others styles. Or they could have just exchange a bit to balance it out a tad.

edgarrmcherly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgarrmcherly

when Jessie (bootsboots) told me she was interested in working on a shirt together, I thought she was only trying to get back some of the vhs tapes I borrowed from her a few months ago.
As for who did what with the design, we split the work pretty evenly: bootsboots came up with the idea and did all the outlines and coloring. I chose the yellow background.
Thanks everyone!

jmmbell1987

edgarrmcherly wrote:when Jessie (bootsboots) told me she was interested in working on a shirt together, I thought she was only trying to get back some of the vhs tapes I borrowed from her a few months ago.
As for who did what with the design, we split the work pretty evenly: bootsboots came up with the idea and did all the outlines and coloring. I chose the yellow background.
Thanks everyone!

It's our good fortune that you made that yellow background shirt-shaped. If this ends up being a flat canvas that is just shaped like a shirt, I will still wear the hell out of it.

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121
goldenthorn wrote:It's lemon?

Haha. I guess I need to adjust my monitor.

Although, my distaste for "lemon" colored shirts is about the same as my distaste for cream colored shirts.

Last Post

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Oh holy carp awesome!

I was just wondering what Edgar had been up to lately and then I saw this...

Congrats bootsy and Edgar!

jmmbell1987

tennisplayer121 wrote:Haha. I guess I need to adjust my monitor.

Although, my distaste for "lemon" colored shirts is about the same as my distaste for cream colored shirts.

Both, however, make delicious fillings for cakes.

And, in all seriousness, I don't usually care for lemon tees. However, with this one, no other color would really suffice. Hot pink, maybe. I would never wear a plain yellow tee, but I plan on rocking this one early and often.

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde

fantastic. i love this.

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

Im just not seeing the awesomeness of this shirt that everyone speaks of. wild and crazy, yes. Awesomeness is debateable.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal

Yay! Congrats Edgar and Boots! Only for an Edgar print will I buy a lemon tee. This will be my second. Breaking my moratorium also. I need more closet space.... Consider it bought!

jmmbell1987

drunkenalien wrote:Im just not seeing the awesomeness of this shirt that everyone speaks of. wild and crazy, yes. Awesomeness is debateable.

Hey, you know, diff'rent strokes. Not everything is awesome to everyone, and that's okay. I do think the sheer excess of this shirt's wild craziness, its unbridled creativity and hat-to-the-wind bombast, can be appreciated by anyone, even if not everyone finds it wearable. Anyone with a taste for that, however, will probably find this shirt to be awesome.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

YES!!!!!

I've been waiting for this day since I saw this on boot's blog!! A great step-by-step chronicle of this collaboration, including the title.

And for the first time in my wootlife, I'm in for three!!

thank you Edgar and Jamie!

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
mjc613 wrote:I think the horizontal baby with no arms in the lower half of what you show in purple is more Edgar's style. Otherwise, I agree with you.

Yes, the pillow (or at least its arms) and horizontal baby are almost certainly Edgar.

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art

at first I thought awesome, but then..cream tee, not sure, then I read it was Lemon and sold!
my first tee for the summer!
Amazing stuff guys

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

sweeeeeeeeeeet!

mine eyes have seen the glory.

lacksfocus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lacksfocus

Could this be a reference to Molly and the Big Comfy Couch?

I hope that dead body isn't Molly.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

Yes Yes Yes!!!

Great collaboration! YaY!!

cynvision

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cynvision

Little Tikes Moonica Lawn Mooower sort of backs up the 'kids shouldn't be exposed to real things.' My toy mowers looked like mowers.

I fear for the next, next generation...

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

This is fantastic. We should see these more often.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Awesome collab! It's like candy for my eyes. Congrats, guys. :D

dave17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dave17

Obviously I have no taste,because this is probably the most hideous thing I've ever seen on Woot.

levi4884

quality posts: 0 Private Messages levi4884

This looks like one of those Windows 7 desktop wallpapers.