rowanmikaio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowanmikaio
Paradox55 wrote:Besides the fact that this makes me go ewwwww....looks like the poor one in the middle has a stump for an arm. Also didn't realize that having rabies would also change fur color.

If you're going to be this picky, then why isn't it just possible that squirrels can be different colors to begin with? One of the weakest arguments against a Ramy design I've seen.

profbrendan wrote:I would disagree with that. "Woodland Animals" doesn't have to mean "Cutesy Squirrel".

That's not what he said. He said it "catered to" cutesy squirrels, which this derby definitely does. It doesn't "have to mean", but it definitely CAN.

kylemittskus wrote:Why doesn't the acorn have a shadow? And what's up with the voyeur squirrel in the back?

The acorn actually SHOULDN'T have a shadow, or at least much less of one. It's further from the ground, so the light bends around it and creates less of a shadow. Something that small that high up could very easily not have any sort of shadow.
And I just assumed that the voyeur squirrel was actually a normal squirrel hiding behind a tree.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
jlegos wrote:Any similarity to other artists is completely unintentional. I hope nobody is offended. I just thought of an adorable skunk when I saw the theme and thought it was a perfect opportunity to start posting instead of just lurking. I was a bit nervous at first but people have been so nice so far. Thanks again!

I'd say it possible that you aren't the artist in question, but then again, I was just starting when the "incident" occurred, so I don't really know the "artist in question's" art too well. However, I will point out that for your first time ever subbing a design, posting a comment here and being fogged, you do seem extremely comfortable... as if you have experienced this all before. If it wasn't for your woot account info, I would have assumed you were submitting designs for quite awhile now. It is just my observation at least.

Anyhoo, congrats on a really successful first entry!

Marcuslweger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marcuslweger
odysseyroc wrote:I have no idea what that is, but I was coloring Batman comics when I designed this.

On Californicaiton they're always talking about the lead char., Hank Moody, in terms of swirling chaos.

• ASCII Nightx2 / Acquired Taste/Audio Mythos/Willing to endure scientific research/Nevermore/Just The Two Of Us (one of each)/Night Owl/Cthulhu BBQ/DON’T stop to smell the roses!/Poe-etic
• Random x3 (9 shirts)
• +12 WooTs

chumpmagic

Re: Night Hunting

Thank you so much everybody! I am really grateful of all these wonderful comments

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Another Sleepless Day

yesss, much better than zombie squirrels

chumpmagic

Re: The Woodland Bandit

Love the style! Looks great with a silly/ GREAT concept to boot.

Sachmoe64 wrote:
I decided to put it in the white rectangle so it would work as a shirt design more than just an illustration. Perhaps it didn't quite work.

I don't think I have seem a bordered image like this print here. Personally, I like crop boarders at time, and I think this design works well as is, but it seems like the majority always disapproves I think it would have done better if you put it on a black shirt with no boarder.

This is still superb in my book though! +1

instantramen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages instantramen
Re: It's A Bird

Any bird that can manage to give itself a spit curl deserves to be printed.

maverik1390

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maverik1390
Re: Must Climb Higher

This is my first entry ever, so give me any feedback and advice you can. Thanks!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

chioreo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chioreo
Re: Woodland Rabbit Mandala

Such a fantastic design! I would wear this all the time to express my undying love for rabbits, ironically during the Year of the Rabbit.

instantramen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages instantramen
Re: Spider Sunrise

Good morning, my bug-eating friend! I would wear this all the time.

chumpmagic

Re: Rodent Rivalry

Very nice. I dig this one a lot! I also like the new line work style here; it seems more like a dec'ed out sketchbook piece.

chumpmagic

Re: Cosmic Eagle

Wow! How did I not see this till just now?!? This rocks!

MissFortune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MissFortune
Re: All is left...

all i can think of is this thing i saw on deviantart a while back:
http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/wallpaper/?qh=&section=&q=tree#/dgwcee

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 283 Private Messages Spiritgreen

You can almost smell the spray paint. :^)

Very cool design, Expo.

AvisThomas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AvisThomas

Nice texturing. I'm from Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes, and the blue background reminds me a lake. Though someone else could say blue skies, just as easily. The circle rounds out the composition; I'd definitely keep it in. The objects are plant/animal, and to me the round things look like sun/moon, and of course hollow/empty. The composition has strong lines, and strong contrasts. The circle and the moon reminds me of the cycle of day/night. Beyond that, the circle reminds me of larger cycles in the natural world.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 283 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: oopsies

This is super t-shirty.

JLegos, do you have a deviantArt, Flickr or some other kind of blog or gallery you could post this in and link to? That'd clear things up right away. ^__^

I know the request sounds overly dramatic, but if you are a brand new artist here then you won't be familiar with what a hot issue this is for a lot of people. The style is uncannily similar to the banned artist people are mentionning.

This clearly isn't the first t-shirt you've designed! I can see how comfortable you are with Woot's specs and making halftones, etc. It'd be cool to see what else you've done before this.

breloom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breloom

+1 vote

Beautiful, hope it wins!

rowanofrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowanofrin
Re: Yum Yum

This is exceptional!

caroline44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caroline44

this could easily have been a dorky pun, but the wistful expression and wonderful linework takes care of that.

skylarkza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skylarkza
Re: Spider Sunrise

I LOVE the design. (Which is a lot coming from an arachnaphobe), but the orange shirt just does not work for me. Just my 2cents worth, but try setting it on darker colours to make the sunrise REALLY vibrant. At the moment it is just getting lost on the shirt itself.

I know somebody has already mentioned black - but navy could potentially also be worth looking into as that inky colour the sky goes just before sunrise.

boobsmurphy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boobsmurphy
Re: re-sub: Love STINKS !!

I want to wear this everyday. So cute. =)

abcdrum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abcdrum

Like others in the thread, I don't quite dig the white border, but you got my vote and potential purchase anyway out of sheer awesome.

Excellent style, great expressions.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
bluetuba wrote:The vast majority of voters (ESPECIALLY ramyb voters) don't read the threads and may not even realize they exist. These are the people who don't have any clue what the Reckoning is and who panic when a shirt sells out, remember.

You mean there are people who look at a design, decide what they like by sight and then vote for that design? Animals...

bfz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfz

Nice change of pace on this one kevlar, I like it!

sarist72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarist72
Re: HARE VS BEAR

I really like the art on this, it's very good!

vividimaginer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vividimaginer

lol. aw. i love your concept.

haidoni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haidoni
Re: hoot hoots

This reminds me of the kind of things you see on little girls cute appearal... Which I am oft heard saying that I would wear. I love the argyle owls.

Furthermore those owls, look as if a change of colors would make them perfect candidates for an Easter shirt (look a bit like eggs )

I suppose the 9 block centering is to make it more appealing to men, but then it becomes less attractive to me than if it were say just 6 in the upper chest.

It's cute. If I knew a little boy I could shove into this, I'd buy it,-- but I don't.

manniedex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manniedex

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Rabbits are my very favorite, too.

haidoni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haidoni
Re: Why can't we be friends?

Cute idea but wouldn't the balloon strings be taut if he were being lifted off the ground?

jbb04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbb04
Re: Poker Face

I can't get over the trees in the background. Beautiful!

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365
Re: hoot hoots

CUTE!

FlyingMouse365

Re: Rodent Rivalry

Nice work!

FlyingMouse365

Re: My friends are nuts

Simple and nice!

littlebubbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlebubbles
Re: Something rotten in the woods

Hahaha I love his suspicious expression.

cdg ♡.

littlebubbles

Aww. Really cute :-).

cdg ♡.

littlebubbles

Re: It's A Bird

Really clever. Nice idea :-).

cdg ♡.

khonrichan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages khonrichan
Re: playful foxes

My boyfriend loves foxes, and the color green. Can this please win so I can be ridiculous and stop buying woot shirts for only myself? :D

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin

This is adorable! Keeping my fingers crossed for this!

Spotsmom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Spotsmom
Re: Forest Vigilantes

I see Bunnicula, too. Love only the eyes reflecting in the water. So, what are the other creatures?