Puma brand joke. I'll pass, but it is an unusual sight on Shirt.woot

crystalfairy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crystalfairy
Re: I saved it for you.

We're borrowing your log.

<3

ste7enl

quality posts: 18 Private Messages ste7enl
nortagem wrote:Oh my goodness, that is so dang clever and wonderful.

thanks so much! I hope lots of people appreciate it, I havent subbed to a derby in a while

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
Re: Breakfsat

I like how you framed the picture with both trees and clouds and the plesant color selection. Not a huge fan of black shirts, but I don't know what would work better.

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
Re: What Next

[REJECTED] Missing a squirrel.

All of my posts are quality posts.

bluetuba

quality posts: 60 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: I'm not contagious, I swear

Background sure looks familiar..

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
joemail11 wrote:Reminds me of this.

Like it a lot!

I actually have never seen that before. Thats funny!

I wasn't thinking of it as a race though; I just need a reason for a critter to be outside of his house during the dead of night. Plus, the mouse is all sleepy so he/she is easy pickings Glad you like it.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: I Will Not Blend

Somehow, I feel like this will be my favorite throughout the derby. I don't think anything will top it.
The concept is awesome, the execution is spot on, and the line work on the fox makes me think scroll-painting meets storybook. Excellent, Jewel! I'm still bewildered by the awesome half-toning. If you ever take apprentices..

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Forget the Tail, His Acorns Are Bigger

Challenge: Show this to someone and cover up the name. See how long it takes for them to get it.

Think of best friends/ Think of strangers/ Think of lovers/ Think of foes/ Think of children/ Think of family/ Keep in mind that nothing stays

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Big Dam Heroes

Look at all those beavers sliding with toothy glee!:D I think the 2 colors really work (though I'd personally like them on another shirt color). Fun! Now I wans to go to a waterpark- though this twisty turny slide looks a little too scary for me!;)

ste7enl

quality posts: 18 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: It's A Bird

Im off for the day, hope to return to some...SUPER feedback...haha

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 283 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Poker Face

Hahaha :D. That face will haunt me in my dreams tonight.

kldakey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kldakey
Re: Treasure

This is great. Being a member of a rabbit rescue, bunnies LOVE their carrots. +2 for me. If it doesnt print here, let me know where. Have to have this for my collection.

awlwren

quality posts: 3 Private Messages awlwren
Re: Manhunt

Okay, while I like the concept, and the cross-hatch style, there's a lot that bugs me about this shirt. For instance, who is holding the...gun behind the rabbit's head? The perspective is a bit wonky, making the owl's head look flat, the chipmunk amputated, and the cartridges look like they should roll off that stump. If you just shift the owl over a bit, you could see the...elk? much better. The shirt is also very dark, which doesn't help clarity issues. That might be the style you're going for, but it's a detractor for me.

The guns could also use a bit more work. The stocks are solid, and I thank you for remembering them and what looks like maybe a system for breech loading, but that's as good as it gets. I understand the urge to stylize that prompted the unnaturally extreme flaring of the guns themselves, but that doesn't excuse the way the rabbit's gun is crooked, or the utter disregard for gun safety - the chipmunk looks suicidal, and I don't even know what's going on with the gun on the ground.

Also, on a completely pedantic note, while an "f"-like letter was commonly used as an "s" in old documents, it was not fully crossed and never used as a final letter.

I say all this not to beat you into the ground, but because I really do like the concept, and you seem to have a feel for using hatches to create texture and depth. The rabbit, for example, is amazing, as is all the fur - that's part of what makes me regret so much not being able to see the other animals clearly. I've seen you do some awesome art, but this just... the composition of the shot sabotages the concept.

jjwashere

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjwashere

What does the sign at the bottom of the run say? It is covered by the sample tee.

WOOT! Where "Carpe Diem" means something very different!

biotwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biotwist
Re: Mr. Owl's Jug O' Moonshine

I hope this works with out the XXX

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55
Re: I'm not contagious, I swear

Besides the fact that this makes me go ewwwww....looks like the poor one in the middle has a stump for an arm. Also didn't realize that having rabies would also change fur color.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

I think it depends on the level of guttermindedness. I pride myself in keeping good gutterminded company mostly.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

Funny. I like it.

joaolauro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joaolauro
Re: ImpostNAR

hahaha. winner.

keyascii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyascii

Saved =]

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: I Will Not Blend

Wow - Thank you SO much! I'm glad you all like it.

The painterly parts aren't too hard to do. I use watercolors and let them make the shapes they want to make, scan them in and then use them as backgrounds in the designs. The shading is all there already from the paint so it's all one layer of halftones. Just to be safe I make them a little bit bigger than the smallest that's allowed.

Here's a closeup of the shading:

joemail11

djtheatre wrote:He's not technically one of the 3 yet... and it was too cluttered having a fourth.

Yes. It would be. And it really doesn't matter, as this is what people think of when "Three Musketeers" is mentioned.

joemail11

I like how whimsical the slide is.

joemail11

I would have liked the rejection to be: "Similar Shirts Exist."

onecoolsob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onecoolsob

What a fun design!! I too wish it had a bit more color, but I love it still. +1

mystymaples

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mystymaples

This is a perfect shirt for people who do Where's George... a lot of them wash and iron their bills

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Spiritgreen wrote:What's a little rabies between friends?

haha, this comment made me laugh ridiculously loud, my cube mates are all looking at me funny now.

despite the similar elements, i like this, the characters have much more expression than usual, i hope you keep that up. zombies are my weakness.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 283 Private Messages Spiritgreen
jjwashere wrote:What does the sign at the bottom of the run say? It is covered by the sample tee.

It's the arrow to go back and have another go. (big image)

Thanks for the lovely comments. I can't quite believe I finished this on time. That mountain-sized dam almost got the better of me. :P

kylemittskus

quality posts: 259 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Poker Face

I have to be honest -- I really don't like this one. It has no concept or idea.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

megsck

i love this, great illustrations, lots of fun.

after reading the title i cant stop singing jukebox hero but replacing jukebox with big dam

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant

Keyascii = Agingdragqueen?

All of my posts are quality posts.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
joemail11 wrote:Also, this derby catered to cutesy squirrels, what did you expect?

Still not my taste, though.

I would disagree with that. "Woodland Animals" doesn't have to mean "Cutesy Squirrel".

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Insta-Win!!!! Really nice detailing and inking. I don't always like pop cult shirt, but this is very well done. +1! Good luck!

megsck

Re: Flock Together

very beautiful, top notch color! this reminds me of the lion king for some reason, i think it is the colors, makes me nostalgic somehow =)

noblehappenstance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noblehappenstance
Re: The Battle of Little Acorn

The squirrel, a terror of the woodlands, it is time to fight back

Rake This![/url]

megsck

megsck

this makes me giggle. i almost wish he were surrounded by hot lady squirrels. =)

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me

Brilliant! GMV

megsck

Re: Money laundering

i love this, love the drawings, the idea, the colors. love it! really was hoping for some raccoon/robber reference and now i can sleep happy. =)