kt90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kt90
Re: Bear in the Woods

LoVe It

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Seki's style was anything but unique, not even factoring that she was a thief. It wouldn't be strange for another artist to stumble into woot with work that looked a lot like hers.

Jlegos-

Assuming you aren't Seki, welcome to Woot and sorry for any confusion. It's just that your work looks a hell of a lot like that of a wooter (Sekiyoku) who was more or less banished for plagiarism several months back. Given her reputation, she's exactly the type who'd lay low for a few months are return under a new handle.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
bluetuba wrote:Hey I didn't say that I had an issue with people who don't read the forums, it's certainly not for everybody.

My point is that the controversy on the boards over the artists integrity and the quality of their work does not in any way cause them to win.

If that's your point then I have to agree.

grahamb2011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grahamb2011
Re: I'm not contagious, I swear

So...I hate to break it to you guys...but, squirrels almost never...and I want to emphasize NEVER...contract or transmit rabies.

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55
Re: oopsies

Just not feeling good about this one, I even suspect that the artist's one shirt purchase is probably Imposter. I've asked Woot for some help putting my mind to rest. What Seki did is beyond despicable, I would not want her to get yet another foot in the door.

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: THE CORPORATE PYRAMID

They never teach you about it in school. “Ecological pyramid (that’s what they call it)- it’s a part of existence in the woodlands”. Then, the kids finish school, get a higher education, get jobs and that’s when it hits them like an 18,000 pound truck. The words are familiar but now THEY’RE in a school text book. Yes, the pyramid exists in our urban, corporate worlds too.

explodedwhale

quality posts: 5 Private Messages explodedwhale
Re: TreeHugger

It reminds me of a Chuck Jones drawing.

kt90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kt90
Re: Take Back The Sky!

LoVe ThE sKy

JoysAreJummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoysAreJummy
renegadetim wrote:Hmm, how are they getting old? I haven't seen a TMNT shirt print here in the four months I've been here.

Really, everyone getting bent out of shape over TMNT designs should let it go. Turtles overdone? Yes. TMNT? No.

In fact, a quick shirt.what visit shows me that I am indeed correct. And, unless I missed one with the quick glancing I did, the last TMNT shirt to print here at woot was on 7/21/10 : http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=14665

In that time there have been multiple pi, zombie, robot, polar bears, panda bears, wizard of oz, star wars, hot dogs, etc... shirts printed. Not to mention the 222 days between now and then.

Sorry for having an opinion

streetwalkincheetah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetwalkincheetah
Re: Moose Und Sqvirrel

Weird. I just saw almost the same design while scoring submissions over at threadless. Absolutely not saying anybody copied anything, it's just weird how the universe works sometimes. Like minds & all, I guess.

novastarj

quality posts: 34 Private Messages novastarj
Re: Big Dam Heroes (in color!)

GMV with this one Spiritgreen.

I like this version much more. The flume and the beaver really pop out now, and you can see much more of the outstanding details.

Hoping it's not too late to the party!

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Spotsmom wrote:I second the great concept. I like this shirt. Sad that it doesn't stand out enough to win. I hope you refine the execution to something concise, because the idea is great and the art is good. You need a 'hook' to win these competitions! Keep up the good work and keep refining.

Thank you both very much for the comments. I will keep on trying to improve my designs.

deiden26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deiden26
Re: Spider Sunrise

I have to agree that simply re subbing it on a navy shirt could make it at least 157% more awesome.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
maverik1390 wrote:This is my first entry ever, so give me any feedback and advice you can. Thanks!

This isn't about your illo but that thing where your sig goes is Fry's hair! I heart Futurama in so many ways!!!!!

spazzysoph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazzysoph
Re: Repair

maybe he somehow was the cause of this robot farmers arm coming off... he's trying to repair it...?

spazzysoph

Re: Northern Lone Wolf

The world needs more cool wolf shirts.

streetwalkincheetah

Re: All is left...

Seriously? I'd give this a 1 at best if it was on threadless. AT BEST. And it's in the fog here? Wept & then some. Damn.

spazzysoph

FlyingMouse365 wrote:Do Re Mi...

Fa So La Ti Do!

this is really cute. as a lover of music i would very much appreciate this in my wardrobe!

spazzysoph

Re: HARE VS BEAR

is that a girl rabbit? just outa curiosity...

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Another Sleepless Day
heartflux wrote:This is how I feel in the spring when trying to sleep in or take a nap. Damn birds. Don't they know people are trying to sleep?! I'm all kinds of excited for warmer weather, too, but hold the racket until after noon!

hehe I love little tweeting birds, but not when I'm sleeping. Especially in the morning... birds can start pretty darn early too, sometimes it's still dark out!

chellopuddin wrote:I wouldn't mind having this one. Especially if I could get it before St. Patrick's Day.

Glad to hear it! A staff suggested getting overnight shipping to make sure you got it by St. Patrick's day:

ThunderThighs wrote:If it prints, I would suggest overnight shipping.

icymallard wrote:yesss, much better than zombie squirrels

Danke!

vividimaginer wrote:lol. aw. i love your concept.

Thanks vividimaginer!

peachjunkie wrote:Haha! This really does remind me of Bambi! Poor Friend Owl could never catch a wink of sleep... Loving this shirt.

Sounds cute... I watched Bambi too long ago, I can't remember that part, and I haven't able to find it on youtube... feel free to share it: ) Thanks peachjunkie!

Mwhitlock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mwhitlock
Re: hoot hoots

LOVE this design... just wish it weren't on cream - not my best color :-P

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
streetwalkincheetah wrote:Seriously? I'd give this a 1 at best if it was on threadless. AT BEST. And it's in the fog here? Wept & then some. Damn.

There are a few fogged designs that would likely struggle to score 2's at Threadless. Such is the way of things.

That said, I think this design being fogged is among the least of this derby's issues.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: playful foxes

They kind of look like cats with funky tails.

Think of best friends/ Think of strangers/ Think of lovers/ Think of foes/ Think of children/ Think of family/ Keep in mind that nothing stays

k8edid3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k8edid3
Re: All is left...

a couple of quick google searches return the following images that seem to be traced/used for the bear silhouettes:

1) climbing bear

2) mirror image of this bear

and i agree with what was stated previously by MissFortune
flying tree

(if my internet wasn't acting up, i would search for the tree as well. wouldn't surprise me to find that elsewhere too.)

marty88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marty88
Re: Flock Together

so cool!

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Cosmic Eagle

Dude. This is just tight. I was so stunned at its awesomeness that I almost (but not quite) forgot to vote. This MUST win! Or at the very least, get more votes than the vomitously cute foxes.

Think of best friends/ Think of strangers/ Think of lovers/ Think of foes/ Think of children/ Think of family/ Keep in mind that nothing stays

marty88

Re: Sing Along

nice colors gmv!

devilzukin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devilzukin

I like this and it reminds me of Alan Wake. GMV and good luck!

marty88

Re: The Quick Brown Fox

love it gmv!

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
JoysAreJummy wrote:Sorry for having an opinion

And that was renegadetim's. And, frankly, I agree with his.

streetwalkincheetah

jmmbell1987 wrote:There are a few fogged designs that would likely struggle to score 2's at Threadless. Such is the way of things.

That said, I think this design being fogged is among the least of this derby's issues.

Weird the Jesus before the wept part got left out, but whatever. One gone, let's hope for more. Fingers freakin' crossed

moronbrigade

quality posts: 23 Private Messages moronbrigade
Re: King of Panda

Save this for another derby, this is pretty awesome. Also side note: This would look better on a different colored shirt.

Seize the Opportunity.

lonelypond

quality posts: 667 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Big Dam Heroes (in color!)

very nice; also like this version better.

k8edid3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k8edid3
jasneko wrote:Sounds cute... I watched Bambi too long ago, I can't remember that part, and I haven't able to find it on youtube... feel free to share it: ) Thanks peachjunkie!

friend owl from bambi on youtube

those twitterpaited birds causing so much ruckus!

jbb04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbb04

Lol. I love the bear. You tell a great story with your art.

jbb04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbb04

Turn him into a grizzly.

ste7enl

quality posts: 18 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: It's A Bird

you're all too kind. hope everyone's weekend went well.

louiemctool

quality posts: 2 Private Messages louiemctool

Hmmm.. where have I seen these guys before...?

Oh, that's right! Firefoxes!

fullcourtmess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fullcourtmess
tizbazua wrote:i would say revenge is a dish best surved bunny side up.

fixed.

solusumbra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages solusumbra
heartflux wrote:This is how I feel in the spring when trying to sleep in or take a nap. Damn birds. Don't they know people are trying to sleep?! I'm all kinds of excited for warmer weather, too, but hold the racket until after noon!

Around my place its the ducks. inconsiderate bastards...