zetasmack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zetasmack

farkin' cool

Re: owl by night

bouch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bouch
birdsaredinosaurs wrote:Really pretty! Is the light source supposed to be a city or is it just a plain old sunrise/set?

It's a nuclear explosion!!!

No, it's really just a plain old sunrise.

k8edid3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k8edid3
Adam7986 wrote:You know usually, I don't bother to do this, but because you defend your self so hard core when you are clearly lying, I decided to make an exception.

And here is the bear superimposed over a blown up portion of your wallpaper:
Proof.

So will you come clean now?

Thank you! You could have done the same with the mirror image of the other bear photo, too. I would have had more respect for the artist if he/she would have come clean in the first place, rather than swearing up and down that it wasn't a trace or copy. I really did enjoy the artist's previous gnome cassette tape design. However, after this, I'm not sure I can support someone of this character.

skaake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
mandikaake wrote:I LOVE this design!

Awe, thanks Mandi!

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

ethanmcclure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ethanmcclure
Re:Wolverines!!!!!

Dear gracious, please let this one print.
SO. AWESOME.

ste7enl

quality posts: 18 Private Messages ste7enl
dangerjack wrote:I dig it!! Print away.

Hey! One could hope!

k8edid3

Re: First Flight

I really really like the squirrel. I think I would enjoy this design more without the clouds, birds, and branch in the background. Still have my vote though. Very cute!

k8edid3

Re: Froggie Went A-Courtin'

beautifully illustrated! sad to know that they both will be eaten on their wedding day.

dooomcat

quality posts: 17 Private Messages dooomcat

If you fudged the nose up a bit closer to the eyes then it would look less like a mouth (plus draw it more like a skunk nose so it looks even less like a little crescent). That would give you room to add a little sad mouth if you'd like- easy fix
The lighting is nicely done but really distracting (at least to me). It looks very arbitrary right now. If it helps, try drawing a light source right on the image (on another layer above) and map out exactly what would be lit and what wouldn't. As I said it looks nice, it just needs a little more thought... but then the average voter probably doesn't care I guess.

tomsman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tomsman

groan. not what I was expecting... I knew I'd goof this up! Oh well.

Looking for MXLs Alien Sonogram, Tin: Old Skool, Puppet Checkup and Flesh Wound from Teefury; A Wicked Mess, F5 Refreshes You, and Sissy Fight. PM or teetrade (tomsman)for trade or sell.

colourcraze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colourcraze
Re: Mack Daddy Melvin the Disco Moose.

hahahaha I would buy this shirt for my mom. two things she loves: moose and disco.

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
Re: It's A Bird

This should be winning.

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
Spiritgreen wrote:J is not Sekiyoku. J is a real, live person everyone, I now know this to be true. No evil plans afoot.

::everyone can breathe now::

Sorry J. If we'd known you'd had some veteran help and advice getting started there wouldn't have been all this kerfuffle and confusion. Normal service can now resume. -_^

Oh! ok, great! I get it, the explanation for having the same template as seki and/or ramy is that's where J got their veteran advice from, and so also their customized template. That makes sense and is a far easier explanation than the disguised return of seki.

daurora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daurora
Re: Cosmic Eagle

I really want one.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Ahhh! Somebody put'him'ooooout!!!

I hate resubing guys but I had too. I didn't think I was gonna have time to color the illo proper so i just did a quick color. Anywho, I found some time and felt that I had to repost.

Please excuse me and my resub.

Hope you all like it. :D

locustpr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locustpr
Re: Never cross a prickly friend

The textures on this illustration are just lovely.

limonmix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limonmix
Re: hoot hoots

Thank you all for the nice comments.

I was originally going to put 12 owls but went with 9 because it felt more balanced. Wanted to do something different then my previous designs which were mostly placed on the top half of the shirt.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Froggie Went A-Courtin'

Thanks every one for the wonderful comments!

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986
Earlysong wrote:Okay, as I understand it, artists can use reference photos-right? I looked at that last link, and that seems to prove that he did NOT trace it-the edge doesn't match up at all! It looks like he just use it for reference, which is, as I understand it, perfectly acceptable.

I don't get why this is cheating...?

The edges don't match because I am sure that he/she (don't know for sure) added some strokes to the bear to make it look like fur. Also, I didn't erase everything microscopically so you get straight lines where I am sure they weren't completely straight.

It is one thing to take an image and use it as reference, it is another thing entirely to take an image, make it a silhouette and claim you created it.

I think at the end of the day it turned out to be a good design, but my beef comes with the fact the artist flat out claims that the image was made from scratch. Just own up to your work.

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986
k8edid3 wrote:Thank you! You could have done the same with the mirror image of the other bear photo, too. I would have had more respect for the artist if he/she would have come clean in the first place, rather than swearing up and down that it wasn't a trace or copy. I really did enjoy the artist's previous gnome cassette tape design. However, after this, I'm not sure I can support someone of this character.

You know, it is one instance and I get the not supporting the character of the artist. I am not trying to attack the artist, I just want them to own up to it and move on. It is honestly a temptation a lot of graphic designers deal with/succumb to. Don't swear them off if learn their lesson.

sarahlav

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahlav
Re: Mr Owl's Sugar High

Oh Please Please Please I want one! C'mon Woot Gods, give a hoot.

spookynutz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spookynutz
Re: I don't remember eating any flowers!

Now that's cute. Great colors, too! <3 for you.

motorwerks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages motorwerks
tallily21 wrote:Sorry, I'm new to this. I just wanted to submit something to see how submitting works... Sorry, but I can't save your mind from the gutter, however I assure you those are just greens.

LOL I hadn't noticed the subtle suggestiveness of the greens, but I did notice that the thumbnail looks like a butt with an orange tail. Paging Dr. Freud, Dr. Freud to entry 50757 please.

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
Re: As you wish

One of my favorite books and movies is "the Princess bride" by S. Morganstein. A tale of true love and high adventure. Here you see a representation of Westley, Buttercup, Fezzik and Inigo Montoya. Hope you like it.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

jlegos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlegos
Spiritgreen wrote:J is not Sekiyoku. J is a real, live person everyone, I now know this to be true. No evil plans afoot.

::everyone can breathe now::

Sorry J. If we'd known you'd had some veteran help and advice getting started there wouldn't have been all this kerfuffle and confusion. Normal service can now resume. -_^

This has been a real roller coaster for me and I'm glad to have someone on my side. Thanks for the help in clearing this up!

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
artbreaker wrote:One of my favorite books and movies is "the Princess bride" by S. Morganstein. A tale of true love and high adventure. Here you see a representation of Westley, Buttercup, Fezzik and Inigo Montoya. Hope you like it.

Oops, typo.
Originally written by S. Morgenstern!!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

jlegos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlegos
dooomcat wrote:If you fudged the nose up a bit closer to the eyes then it would look less like a mouth (plus draw it more like a skunk nose so it looks even less like a little crescent). That would give you room to add a little sad mouth if you'd like- easy fix
The lighting is nicely done but really distracting (at least to me). It looks very arbitrary right now. If it helps, try drawing a light source right on the image (on another layer above) and map out exactly what would be lit and what wouldn't. As I said it looks nice, it just needs a little more thought... but then the average voter probably doesn't care I guess.

Thanks for taking the time to critique this shirt. That sounds like really helpful advice about the shading and I will definitely try that on my next design.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Another Sleepless Day

Dang, I hate it when birds wake me up singing treble and bass clefs instead of notes.

Think of best friends/ Think of strangers/ Think of lovers/ Think of foes/ Think of children/ Think of family/ Keep in mind that nothing stays

Lindsm819

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lindsm819
artbreaker wrote:Oops, typo.
Originally written by S. Morgenstern!!

This is awesome!

enginivity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enginivity
Re: Mack Daddy Melvin's late nite Boogie.

Collab with Jsichel.
Version 2.0 of Mack Daddy Melvin's Disco Party with the backlighting and the serious groove. 2 colors on brown-chicka browown.

bluejester

quality posts: 602 Private Messages bluejester
Re: oopsies

Looks cute, I see the lighting stuff that people are talking about, but I have a couple of friends who have a six month old and they'd probably snag this shirt up for their wee-one, and I don't think that it would be an issue.

As far as the other stuff goes, sorry that people are jumping at Seki's--I mean shadows. The shannanigans she pulled tend to make people around here a bit jumpy over stuff that goes under the shiny/chibi/hello-kitty-esque style, but for the reason of not wanting to get burned.

Anyway, nice job on getting to the fog.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Re: Waxing Crescent

Does it taste like cheese? :D

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Re: I Will Not Blend

You will if you want to eat one of those small animals back there...

LOVE the water colory style!

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
Re: woodland wars

It is a travesty that this is not receiving more votes. So says I.

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
melquam wrote:It is a travesty that this is not receiving more votes. So says I.

Or so say I.

wynnesmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wynnesmom
Re: I Will Not Blend

I just love everything about this shirt. I especially liked that she chose white for the shirt color. Wouldn't have looked as good on any other color. If it seems to fade... well I will just wear it all I can... ha ha!! Maybe I will buy 2... hey, that's is actually a pretty good idea... ;)

jtt02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtt02
Re: playful foxes

This reminds me of Thanksgiving for some reason.

jtt02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtt02
Re: oopsies

This reminds me of the "Left 4 Dead" logo.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
mrwednesday wrote:Gee l'm glass that's cleared up. A random picture with no frame of reference, spirit's assurances despite no mention of what said evidence might be and a "new" artist blissfully unconcerned about being accused of being a plagiarist thief back from banishment............forgive me if I fail to jump for joy.

Nothing is any more settled than it was before. In fact I'm more suspicious now than ever. It really wouldn't be surprising to have more chibi hack jobs flooding in. People know it sells here. But the "artist" has given no indication that they didn't expect this coming in and has shown no concern whatsoever about it. Whoever spirit talked to may not be seki, but that certainly doesn't mean she didn't draw the design.

*sigh* just drop it, its not seki, there is no rule or law that says the artist has to show you their id to prove their identity, when did woot become arizona? they stated that they are not that person and any likeness is unintentional. i think persistant comments like these border on harassing, jump in anytime woot mods.

nmpls

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmpls

I would buy this if it was just the bee with the gun. I really love the bee, but for whatever reason the bear seems too much.