bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Mack Daddy Melvin's late nite Boogie.

Awww yeaaaah. He is pretty fly! Great work, guys!

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge
Re: It's A Bird

NOOOO! Last time I checked this was in the fog. I'm going to go sulk now...

marty88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marty88
Re: shirt art

will be rejected!

marty88

will be rejected!

marty88

will be rejected!

marty88

Re: Mr Owl's Sugar High

love it! gmv!

marty88

Re: As you wish

gmv!

brianwoods001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianwoods001
Re: I don't remember eating any flowers!

It was me! I ate the flowers!

RMSimpson12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RMSimpson12

wrong spot

seshwo

RMSimpson12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RMSimpson12
Re: I'm not contagious, I swear

Although I don't normally post much about it, I guess I would group myself in with the "ramy design haters." While its still not something I would buy, I am glad to see that it looks better than some of the old expressionless entries. nice job.

seshwo

flashfox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flashfox

Why bother posting this when it literally goes against almost every rule?

ste7enl

quality posts: 18 Private Messages ste7enl

I am as bummed as anyone about leaving the fog, if not a bit more, but I've been blown away by the outpouring of support. Thanks everyone.

xlazyslothx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages xlazyslothx
dreadwood wrote:Eh... not sure what doesn't match up, but alright.

The thumbnail thought bubble doesn't have an eye. Your not very good at those comparison games are you :/

clbevilacqua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clbevilacqua
Adam7986 wrote:You know usually, I don't bother to do this, but because you defend your self so hard core when you are clearly lying, I decided to make an exception.
Here is your wallpaper taken from your site:
Your Submitted Image

Here is the quoted bear image:
Climbing Bear
I'm sorry to disagree with your 'proof', but my daughter and I are both artists and either of us could free-hand draw the silhouette of that bear to fit that super-imposed image.
And here is the bear superimposed over a blown up portion of your wallpaper:
Proof.

So will you come clean now?

tgentry

quality posts: 123 Private Messages tgentry
dreadwood wrote:Eh... not sure what doesn't match up, but alright.

Looks like your thumbnail is a PNG with a transparency. The background color on your thumbnail is showing up as whatever color is behind it on the woot page. So depending on where it is on the woot page it could be white or blue. Most likely the rejectorator saw it against the blue background. Make sure you don't have transparencies in your uploaded art.

rjilka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjilka

I love this one. I hope it wins, I'm guessing it will sell out fast. Great design!

locustpr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locustpr
Re: As you wish

Hilarious and amazing. Love the easy looking simplicity of it all.

neji708

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neji708

is a pig a woodland animal??

xXxkiwixXx

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: oopsies

When I was little, I adored skunks, so I carried around a little stuffed skunk with me -everywhere-! (I was weird, I know) I still love skunks. <3 Someday I will live in a state that will let me have one! Til then, maybe this shirt will do..and then people can stare at me as I make goo-goo noises at my own chest..

I'm still weird...

Welcome to Woot, jlegos. It's fantastic that your first sub is rocking the vote!

dalekempress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalekempress
Re: That's no ordinary rabbit

Monty Python never gets old. :D

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Line Owl

Nice work! :D

bluejester

quality posts: 602 Private Messages bluejester
kevlar51 wrote:What's with all the secrecy and double-talk? There aren't a whole lot of veteran helpers around here who would want to go unnamed.

I can kinda see it in a way. Imagine if a new submitter came up and liked your style so wanted advice on how to execute an idea that would sell. Nothing specific, just what could you do that has the best chance of selling. You tell them that the chibi/kwaii styles seem to sell really well. In fact, you might give them specific advice on how the line work should be, the colors to use, heck--you might even advise on how big to make the eyes to evoke the right sense of "awwww that's so cute" rather than "Gee, that's kinda creepy." You tell them, "But please, don't tell the others I gave you this advice, I don't like it myself, but it does seem to sell.

So they say, "Okay, I like that stuff too and thanks for the advice." Then viola' they submit something that looks cute, sellable, but a lot like Seki's old style. Yes, I know that there is probably aspects to this whole thing that I am unaware of. However, a part of me is more willing to believe that the aforementioned scenario has a higher liklihood of having happened than it being Seki back from banishment. A large part of this, I am willing to admit, is because Spiritgreen says he's done some checking and can assure us that it isn't Seki. Another part of it, again I am willing to admit, is that Mrwednesdayadder were all over this thread decrying the horribleness of it all.

I'm betting when this person submitted the design they weren't responding to all the weird blowback because they were expecting design criticism. Not the Spainish Inquisition.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Forest Slumber

Agreed, this is a nice design. However, the navy shirts are so dark they are almost black, and so these colors would not show up hardly at all. Perhaps re-work them to be brighter/lighter? Or go a different direction and use soft moonlight and key highlights to get the shapes of animals?

BootsBoots

quality posts: 40 Private Messages BootsBoots
mrwednesday wrote:Gee l'm glass that's cleared up. A random picture with no frame of reference, spirit's assurances despite no mention of what said evidence might be and a "new" artist blissfully unconcerned about being accused of being a plagiarist thief back from banishment............forgive me if I fail to jump for joy.

Everyone knows I never get involved in the drama here, but I'm going to insert myself this time to completely agree with you, and I don't see why people are jumping all over your comment. I'd really like to see/hear the "evidence" that so easily put people's mind at ease. I don't usually take people's word on things (even if most people are honest, they still can be kind of dumb). I don't want to be anything but welcoming to a new artist, but the lack of concern, unwillingness to share other artwork, and possibly having "help" from Seki (if I read between the lines correctly?) makes me feel pretty poopy about the situation.

I've never been a "hater" or a "conspiracy theorist," I'm not on any "side." I'm just using logic. And my logic tells me not to roll over and say, "Ok, well some people seem to think everything's on the up and up because of reasons they wont tell me. That's good enough for me!"

Edit: I'll admit that I read the thread late after a bunch of posts were deleted, so maybe there's some stuff I don't know about. If anyone wants to clue me in on the side, that'd be swell.

tizbazua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tizbazua

believe it or not, i actually DID have the idea to put in the skunk's kid in the mix, not getting the grip of how the game works. It seemed like more to understand though. It was kind of an overthought-out joke to start with.

woot brown may be a little to dark, but i would plan to switch around the colors and composition to where everything is in unison, if i knew the concept was strong enough that people would want it. THEN i would reserve it to enter in another applyable derby.

anyway, Thank you everyone deeply for the votes i DID get. I've soundly beaten my own record of +63.

flashfox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flashfox
paigeg wrote:Actually, just to be clear, the rules say:
Photoshop users, make certain that your halftones are 30 LPI or larger for a full-size design at 300 DPI.
Illustrator users, please submit your final art with gradients. We'll create the halftones on our end.
Each dot that makes up your halftone must be one solid color.
Your Design Detail & Shirt Comp images must show halftones.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. It's kind of confusing.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
jasneko wrote:I like the style grrlmarvel! Has a neat mixed media feel to it, kind of like a mix of pen and ink, paper cutouts and thing in nature (the tree looks like a father, the bits on the ground could be pasted rice and sesame seeds - just what came to mind

It's an honor to have you like what I've done. I'm glad the papercut look came across.

Thanks so much!

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
streetwalkincheetah wrote:Weird. I just saw almost the same design while scoring submissions over at threadless. Absolutely not saying anybody copied anything, it's just weird how the universe works sometimes. Like minds & all, I guess.

That's crazy... strange

ebam

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ebam
aswati wrote:They never teach you about it in school. “Ecological pyramid (that’s what they call it)- it’s a part of existence in the woodlands”. Then, the kids finish school, get a higher education, get jobs and that’s when it hits them like an 18,000 pound truck. The words are familiar but now THEY’RE in a school text book. Yes, the pyramid exists in our urban, corporate worlds too.

well *i* get it! +1

k8edid3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k8edid3
Adam7986 wrote:You know, it is one instance and I get the not supporting the character of the artist. I am not trying to attack the artist, I just want them to own up to it and move on. It is honestly a temptation a lot of graphic designers deal with/succumb to. Don't swear them off if learn their lesson.

I completely agree to not writing someone off when it's a first time offense and they've learned their lesson. If this artist would have initially owned up to it, I would have been fine with it. However, he is still standing by his, "It's all original and I didn't do anything wrong."

After this issue, he claims he will not be returning. In a way, since he still doesn't see anything wrong with what he did, I'm glad he won't be returning. But, I'm also a little sad to see him go since his previous entries were pretty good and I was a supporter.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 36 Private Messages odysseyroc
BootsBoots wrote:Everyone knows I never get involved in the drama here, but I'm going to insert myself this time to completely agree with you, and I don't see why people are jumping all over your comment. I'd really like to see/hear the "evidence" that so easily put people's mind at ease. I don't usually take people's word on things (even if most people are honest, they still can be kind of dumb). I don't want to be anything but welcoming to a new artist, but the lack of concern, unwillingness to share other artwork, and possibly having "help" from Seki (if I read between the lines correctly?) makes me feel pretty poopy about the situation.

I've never been a "hater" or a "conspiracy theorist," I'm not on any "side." I'm just using logic. And my logic tells me not to roll over and say, "Ok, well some people seem to think everything's on the up and up because of reasons they wont tell me. That's good enough for me!"

Edit: I'll admit that I read the thread late after a bunch of posts were deleted, so maybe there's some stuff I don't know about. If anyone wants to clue me in on the side, that'd be swell.

Great post. I agree about taking people's word at face value. I've been burned one too many times in my life. Also, addressing everything right away would have helped, the more time passes, the more I have to wonder if that time was spent getting a credible story together.

eehad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eehad
dooomcat wrote::D Well the double takes seem to be my bread and butter around here so you never know!

and getting two hits in one double take is pretty good..
well, for you. not so good for my finances ;)

kahly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kahly

That guy not listening. Spamming? advertising?

thoam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thoam

I like the moose, but the thing is too... centered for my taste. I feel like moving the mose to the bottom and over to the side, you could put a disco ball/lights something in there to make it feel like a full-shirt design and not an iron-on.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
odysseyroc wrote:I have no idea what that is, but I was coloring Batman comics when I designed this.

This is by far the coolest "What I was up to when I thought of this..." statement I've heard here. Normally it's like, "I just finished a big sandwich and this idea popped into my head" or "My dog just ate a bunch of grass and puked it on the floor, so I made something green".

Bummer about the rejection, though.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 36 Private Messages odysseyroc
profbrendan wrote:This is by far the coolest "What I was up to when I thought of this..." statement I've heard here. Normally it's like, "I just finished a big sandwich and this idea popped into my head" or "My dog just ate a bunch of grass and puked it on the floor, so I made something green".

Bummer about the rejection, though.

Thanks.

I must've missed something in the process of making my final art. I feel like I can't catch a break at all here. damn

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
odysseyroc wrote:Great post. I agree about taking people's word at face value. I've been burned one too many times in my life. Also, addressing everything right away would have helped, the more time passes, the more I have to wonder if that time was spent getting a credible story together.

I just figured it was inconceivable that Spirit would risk his Woot reputation to cover for Seki, and now Chump too.

I do see how they could be mistaken about the evidence to which only they have had access so far. I don't really understand why it needs to be a secret, except that I'm pretty sure J's veteran advice came from Ramy, or possibly Seki herself.

ste7enl

quality posts: 18 Private Messages ste7enl

Oh neat, from 11th, back to 9th (im assuming)...hooray for the fog...lets keep it going

PixelPants

quality posts: 74 Private Messages PixelPants
220clothing wrote:I love the juxtaposition of the wolves and the trees! A fresh take on that howling wolf theme.

Thanks for saying so 220. There was a cool moment where the wolf thumbnails for this design lined up with expo01's and bassanimation's in a strange derby conjunction. Wish I had taken photos.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: King of the Mountain

There's a little wonkiness in the anatomy of the critter, but otherwise, this is pretty sick. Do you have a bigger file we could look at? I'd love to see more of the detail.