thegambler311

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thegambler311
NinjaStorm wrote:
Even IF Jlegos did get woot-submission help from Seki, there's nothing wrong with that unless Seki did the art and/or gets some of the money if this prints.

Isn't this what people are trying to figure out?

NinjaStorm wrote:

Not that my vote makes a huge difference when the prints tend to get 600-1200 total, but there are several of you who will never have my vote again regardless of how much I like a design of yours.

If someone does manage to get some proof that I'm wrong, I'll eat my words and buy a shirt from each of you that I put on my little lost-my-vote-list.

Posts like this is why it's so rare on Woot to have artists post their views. Instead, we have thread after thread off ass-kissing.

But the second something REALLY serious like this pops up, where there is a potential cheater and artists are actually speaking out, then BAM, the threat of lost votes pops up.

It's really sad.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
odysseyroc wrote:I wish you would have written this encouraging note earlier. In a fit of rage, I punch the neighbors cat in the face. (not really)

as long as it was only a cat.... ;)

thegambler311

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thegambler311
megsck wrote:just take into account for one second, if you had this design and submitted it, then instead of getting critique on your work you got nothing but accusations and demands. everyone would react to it differently, there is no right way to react. you might think its suspicious, but think for a moment that maybe this person just doesnt know how to respond to such radical outright demands of their person, or accusations that they are some evil mastermind. hell you might have just scared them off and they never want to post here again. you all might demand to be shown proof, but they dont owe you anything. how about you just leave it alone, you will never be satisfied with any answer. even if the person posted again and said, im not seki, you all would probably demand their social security number to prove it. dont pretend that you would take their word for it, and that right there is why they shouldnt even bother. you have proven that you already have found them guilty. i feel like im in a school yard and someone called someone a bedwetter and everyone started chanting it, despite it being completely made up.

Or maybe they'll stick around and make awesome art like with what happened to you.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 36 Private Messages odysseyroc
megsck wrote:as long as it was only a cat.... ;)

My wife took this video of me, after I found out that this was rejected. In retrospect, I may have overreacted just a little bit.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
jxchen wrote:Well said. I would wager none of these people who are demanding said 'proof of I.D.' would oblige a similar request.

There is no Social Security card required to participate here.

Nobody is asking for an SS card. A body of their own artwork would suffice, and since this is obviously not a first time piece of digital art for this artist, this should not be a problem for the artist to provide. In fact, nearly all of the designers are eager to show off their other works, asking this person to do the same is not an invasion of privacy, it's a simple and reasonable request.

The artist in question has a style remarkably similar to seki's. The application of a cute chibi animal with absolutely no context is also remarkably similar to the way seki applied her style. Even the overly cute and simple title is the same.

This isn't a witch hunt, and I would think that some of the designers swooping in to back this person up without knowing any facts would be more interested in maintaining integrity to this site than continuing with theeir useless "everybody is great and nice and honest and can do no wrong" attitudes.

mrgilmorescaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgilmorescaddy
Re: shirt art

breaks every rule but amazing all the same. best shirt in the bunch

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
thegambler311 wrote:Posts like this is why it's so rare on Woot to have artists post their views. Instead, we have thread after thread off ass-kissing.

But the second something REALLY serious like this pops up, where there is a potential cheater and artists are actually speaking out, then BAM, the threat of lost votes pops up.

It's really sad.

This x 1000!

megsck

odysseyroc wrote:My wife took this video of me, after I found out that this was rejected. In retrospect, I may have overreacted just a little bit.

that may be the laziest tantrum i have ever seen, haha.

redscot68

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redscot68
Re: Can You Hear Me Now

Other than brand name infringement, why didn't you just call this one VERIZON?!?

My Notable Woots

• Random Craps*1/28/10* *4/28/10* *5/6/10* *6/24/10* *9/22/10* *12/1/10* *3/9/11* *4/1/11 Level-1* *4/1/11 Level-2* *6/15/11* 11/9/11
  • Woot-Off Lights 2/25/10
    W/$10 Shirt.Woot Coupon 4/1/10
    W/Birthday Random Crap *7/12/10*
  • Screaming Monkeys 12/9/09 4/28/10 5/26/10 6/24/10 6/15/11 GIANT W/black cape 3/9/11
  • Glow-in-the-Dark Screaming Monkey 4/1/10

amh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amh
Adam7986 wrote:You know usually, I don't bother to do this, but because you defend your self so hard core when you are clearly lying, I decided to make an exception.
Here is your wallpaper taken from your site:
Your Submitted Image

Here is the quoted bear image:
Climbing Bear

And here is the bear superimposed over a blown up portion of your wallpaper:
Proof.

So will you come clean now?

Adam7986: Your "proof" made me laugh, it proves what happened, which is that I did not trace. The photo bear is missing a back leg that is present on my design, as well as facing the wrong way, look at the left cheek. also, mine has a bigger tummy and a completely different front leg that extrudes beyond the tree. Not to mention the fact that you modified size and rotated the image to fit the outline of the silhouette I drew. The only thing that has any similarity is some parts of the outline (even that it does very loosely), which in turn is only part of a bear, which in turn is just one element of my design.

lunadust12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunadust12
odysseyroc wrote:My wife took this video of me, after I found out that this was rejected. In retrospect, I may have overreacted just a little bit.

there was no cat getting punched. i'm disappointed.

redscot68

Re: Howling Beaver

THAT SUCKS!!! This is a beautiful shirt! Between my wife and I we'd buy 5 of them!

My Notable Woots

• Random Craps*1/28/10* *4/28/10* *5/6/10* *6/24/10* *9/22/10* *12/1/10* *3/9/11* *4/1/11 Level-1* *4/1/11 Level-2* *6/15/11* 11/9/11
  • Screaming Monkeys 12/9/09 4/28/10 5/26/10 6/24/10 6/15/11 GIANT W/black cape 3/9/11

zekecatz

quality posts: 211 Private Messages zekecatz
Earlysong wrote:Okay, so the creature you have drawn is adorable. But the more I look at it, the more it looks like a cat with a skunk tail and a mullet. I looked up pictures of skunks, and their ears are not this big, and their faces are longer and more narrow. While this animal is cute, I cannot get over the fact that it really looks nothing like a skunk. :\

Guess that makes it a polecat.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: Knight Owl

this feels heavily weighted to the left, and I would say that is bad on a design that isn't a side print.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
BootsBoots wrote:snip

Thanks, Boots. I truly appreciate that there are still artists here that are willing to use their brains and speak their minds even in the face of the mindless drones. It is a breath of fresh air to be sure.

megsck, you could do us all a favor by doing the same. We have a random designer, joined just over a month ago posting a design in a style remarkably similar to a banned artist using the exact same non-standard template. Said artist is then completely comfortable with being accused of being a fraud, and has no other verifiable work to speak of.

Our only assurance comes from "evidence" kept secret for no apparent reason from spiritgreen whose opinion I frankly don't trust. There are several artists here who have made their reputations on class, creativity and solid work who I would trust and spirit isn't one of them and neither are you. So until I see something for myself I will reserve my own judgement to what I see in front of me.

And from what I see, this is stinks.....

redscot68

Re: Flock Together

It's a FLOCKING SHAME this one was rejected!

My Notable Woots

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked

D'oh

annabannana06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annabannana06
Re: It's A Bird

I SUPER LOVE THIS!!!! I HOPE IT GETS IN!

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: Mr Owl's Sugar High

I dig this style

heartflux

quality posts: 5 Private Messages heartflux
jlegos wrote:

Things are getting pretty catty in here...rawr!

Find a way to put this cat on a future shirt. I will vote, and I will buy. *jingles coin purse* And welcome to shirt.snoot.com ;)

I woot, therefore I am.

heartflux

quality posts: 5 Private Messages heartflux
Re: Can You Hear Me Now

This made me literally lol. Not much can achieve that. Heh.

I woot, therefore I am.

megsck

mrwednesday wrote:Thanks, Boots. I truly appreciate that there are still artists here that are willing to use their brains and speak their minds even in the face of the mindless drones. It is a breath of fresh air to be sure.

megsck, you could do us all a favor by doing the same. We have a random designer, joined just over a month ago posting a design in a style remarkably similar to a banned artist using the exact same non-standard template. Said artist is then completely comfortable with being accused of being a fraud, and has no other verifiable work to speak of.

so you are saying that i should be like boots (nothing against you boots) and speak my mind against the mindless drones? if im not mistaken the majority of people who posted in here were on the guilty until proven inoccent side and i chose to "speak my mind" against it. apparently im just one of the few that think you shouldnt lynch someone just for suspicious behavior (which i dont think is that suspicious anyway).

also, im pretty sure you just called us all mindless drones but then said that i should be just like you and boots and come to reason. so if im part of a group that dissagrees with you, we are just mindless sheep, but if i join you and dont speak my mind its okay?

and everyone keeps saying that this persons style is REMARKABLY similar to seki. there is nothing remarkable about it. THOUSANDS of people draw in this style, i've seen hundreds myself. This doesnt even look like a majority of stuff seki has on her shirtwhat page. this could be any person that happens to draw in this style and you are condemning them for it.

also, where in this persons thread do they ever state being comfortable with anything. they submitted a design, people accused them of being seki and they REPLIED BACK saying sorry but im not that person and any similarities is unintentional. WHY IS THAT NOT GOOD ENOUGH? just because seki lied means that this person is a liar? and now spiritgreen is a liar and cant be trusted? what is wrong with you? I happen to have talked to spirit like a rational person and he told me what he knows and i do not believe this is seki, now that makes two people...OH NO THE CONSPIRACY GROWS!!! but i forgot...you dont trust me either, because i dont agree with you. why would i not be trust worthy? am i not who i say i am? have i stolen anything? neither has spirit for that matter. we just happen to be two people who try to be civilized to people and instead of attacking them we ask them politely in an email and AMAZINGLY, they respond to us.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Nooo!!!! I was going to buy this one. No fair.

kaznai

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kaznai

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I don't usually have much to say, so words from me mean you're doing something very right.

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog

I don't really want to get involved with this whole argument.
But I know spiritgreen from another site and i have to say that i trust him implicitly.
I feel he is a man of integrity and would not get involved his with this unless he felt it necessary

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker

Thanks for the positive comments! really appreciate that!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

elliotdanko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elliotdanko
Re: Making Some Changes

Soooooooo funny. Praying this gets printed!

awcoburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awcoburn
Re: Night Hunting

Great design! I'll be looking for it to print

deiden26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deiden26
Re: Time in the Clink

Funny + Wearable = GMV

deiden26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deiden26
Re: woodland wars

I do indeed like it

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986
amh wrote:Adam7986: Your "proof" made me laugh, it proves what happened, which is that I did not trace. The photo bear is missing a back leg that is present on my design, as well as facing the wrong way, look at the left cheek. also, mine has a bigger tummy and a completely different front leg that extrudes beyond the tree. Not to mention the fact that you modified size and rotated the image to fit the outline of the silhouette I drew. The only thing that has any similarity is some parts of the outline (even that it does very loosely), which in turn is only part of a bear, which in turn is just one element of my design.

Dude I think your previous work was really good and I really don't want you stop trying to be an artist and designer, you have awesome potential. My whole problem is with the denying of everything. your right I had to blow up your wall paper image and rotate it to fit, but that is natural step if you made the bear silhouette smaller to fit your image, so you can't really count that against me.

As I explained earlier, I didn't want to take 45 mins and perfectly crop the photo and another hour to make the silhouette the same way you did. But the bear fits, and I actually made it smaller in the shadow so people could see how the lines match up, if made it the exact same size it would just look like I pasted the bear over your image.

Look man, I really am not doing this to attack you, I have no reason to, you seem like a good guy; however, the fact remains that pretty clearly you didn't draw this as you said you did. I made the images initially to see for myself and decided to post them because they were so clearly the same.

And for your claim about artists tracing, if take an image and do an interpretation of it with the image owners permission, that is allowed. If I take a copy written image, change it and claim it as my own, well thats just plain wrong.

I hope you see that you are better than doing that and continue to work on your art. You do well when you try on your own, but please don't tell us that this is an original piece when it clearly is not.

LadyofRohan2995

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyofRohan2995
Re: Cosmic Eagle

Winter is coming.

(Okay, okay, it's an eagle, not a raven, but that's what it reminds me of.)

TonyGreyfox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TonyGreyfox
Re: oopsies

Hey, Woot! Have you decided to start selling tinfoil yet? You'd make millions from this thread alone.

/disappointed, but hey, it's the internet, right?

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 30 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: playful foxes

Reminds me of my best friend's art style, and if she had claimed this to be her's, I would have believed her. Here's a fox sample, it's a little NSFW but no more than a European cartoon. :P http://gerbilfat.com/hosted/Arts/details/foxholesmagnet.jpg

Woot's Men's Smalls: A speck on a shirt that might be art. Don't bother...

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
megsck wrote:so you are saying that i should be like boots (nothing against you boots) and speak my mind against the mindless drones? if im not mistaken the majority of people who posted in here were on the guilty until proven inoccent side and i chose to "speak my mind" against it. apparently im just one of the few that think you shouldnt lynch someone just for suspicious behavior (which i dont think is that suspicious anyway).

also, im pretty sure you just called us all mindless drones but then said that i should be just like you and boots and come to reason. so if im part of a group that dissagrees with you, we are just mindless sheep, but if i join you and dont speak my mind its okay?

and everyone keeps saying that this persons style is REMARKABLY similar to seki. there is nothing remarkable about it. THOUSANDS of people draw in this style, i've seen hundreds myself. This doesnt even look like a majority of stuff seki has on her shirtwhat page. this could be any person that happens to draw in this style and you are condemning them for it.

also, where in this persons thread do they ever state being comfortable with anything. they submitted a design, people accused them of being seki and they REPLIED BACK saying sorry but im not that person and any similarities is unintentional. WHY IS THAT NOT GOOD ENOUGH? just because seki lied means that this person is a liar? and now spiritgreen is a liar and cant be trusted? what is wrong with you? I happen to have talked to spirit like a rational person and he told me what he knows and i do not believe this is seki, now that makes two people...OH NO THE CONSPIRACY GROWS!!! but i forgot...you dont trust me either, because i dont agree with you. why would i not be trust worthy? am i not who i say i am? have i stolen anything? neither has spirit for that matter. we just happen to be two people who try to be civilized to people and instead of attacking them we ask them politely in an email and AMAZINGLY, they respond to us.

It's the way SG handled his newly acquired info after being very suspicious to begin with. He raises questions, and then all of a sudden comes on here calling the artist "J" and being very very vague, but stating the artist is someone different. In this I agree with Boots. This just doesn't make sense and something is fishy. SG shouldn't have even posted anything if that was all he was going to say. I don't discount SG's opinion, but really? That was the most run around post about someone's "identity" I've ever seen and to other conspiracy theorist it will raise questions about his intentions. I don't understand it at all.

However, everyone in this thread is definitely living by guilty until proven innocent, and frankly they won't be happy/convinced until this "artist" is PROVEN to be seki. Why would someone who created a new account just say, here's my artwork... yep, I am Seki.. there ya go. It's not gonna happen, so why do they think it will?

Also, OdRoc's picture pointed out ONLY Ramy and Seki used the same template as this new artist does. The other artists were different to show the difference.

I personally am on the fence about this artist, but there is no way that it's going to be proven she isn't said person. Only going to be able to be proven otherwise and that is why no one on this thread/site will be happy about this new artist because it likely won't be resolved.

As far as this "style" being very popular. I haven't seen any other new artists on this site randomly come on here with a design in this style. It seems quite fishy to me with the success this style has here that someone just randomly posts their first ever design on a site like this with this style. Seems like either someone pointed it out to them and they are here to just exploit this niche because they see it sells or they are affiliated somehow with the other artist that uses this style. I haven't particularly been exposed to seeing this style everywhere either as I'm not an artist nor do I frequent conventions or whatever to see this type of art at. But to me, it is VERY suspicious, but I am still giving them the benefit of the doubt.

It just doesn't really make much sense. And if it is a new artist that saw the opportunity to make money.... WHY haven't more people done it? Clearly Ramyb can't be the "smartest" artist out there, can he?

locustpr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locustpr
deiden26 wrote:Funny + Wearable = GMV

Thanks deiden, tell your friends this needs more votes, sure it might not catch up to the ones in the fog but it will boost my ego.

locustpr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locustpr
Re: It's A Bird

Now I totally understand how Superman gets confused with a bird, thanks for clearing that up!

bonezz322

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonezz322
paigeg wrote:There's a little wonkiness in the anatomy of the critter, but otherwise, this is pretty sick. Do you have a bigger file we could look at? I'd love to see more of the detail.

a little late but here is the link to a bigger image: http://undeadware.com/gallery/Stagbot_Shirt.jpg

scotta21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scotta21

like this design a lot.. wish it was on a black or purple shirt?

viscosity2004

quality posts: 7 Private Messages viscosity2004
Re: Knight Owl

I like this, but I fear the colors and the lines might not be printable.