white
beigeish (colour) of left squirrel
blueish grey in background
and another grey in background (trees)
Is it just my monitor?

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66
Re: Turtle Trap

This is a modified version of a design idea i have been sitting on. Hope you like. comments are always welcome

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Re: Money laundering

I love how you made their "bandits' masks" stand out :D

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: The Quick Brown Fox

I'm trying a new style these days... we'll see how it works out.

A lot of great entries again this week. Good luck to the contenders.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
megadog wrote:erm on my monitor i can see 7 colours
brown
orange
black
white
beigeish (colour) of left squirrel
blueish grey in background
and another grey in background (trees)
Is it just my monitor?

The background trees are actually asphalt on blue halftone- the design has just the first six colors you mentioned

Thanks everyone who has enjoyed the design. I had a lot of fun with the expressions of the characters and hope you like the outcome

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
ramyb wrote:The background trees are actually asphalt on blue halftone- the design has just the first six colors you mentioned

Thanks everyone who has enjoyed the design. I had a lot of fun with the expressions of the characters and hope you like the outcome

ty for that input

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Re: Breakfsat

I'm afraid I don't understand the title.

manikx66

megadog wrote:ty for that input

i have to admit i love this its so cute but at the same time cool enough for me to wear good job

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
grrlmarvel wrote:I'm trying a new style these days... we'll see how it works out.

A lot of great entries again this week. Good luck to the contenders.

I like the style. I think it looks great; it has that old school illustrator feel. I would kind of like to see a bit more overlapping though (like the tree and the fox).

barkingchicken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barkingchicken

This is my first ever design so I'm glad to see I have more than one vote lol. I'm actually still shocked I didn't mess up the submission and have it rejected.

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Sleepy Owl

I really love the sort of stained-glass style of your owl... adorable and pretty sleepy owl!

birdsaredinosaurs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages birdsaredinosaurs
Re: WOLF

At last, a wolf shirt that isn't totally embarrassing to be seen in!

Seconding that this color is good but this shirt would work in lots of different color combos . . . I think it would be nice in a light brown with dark brown ink? Maybe even orange with dark orange/red ink?

manikx66

sTyLeS wrote:I'm afraid I don't understand the title.

this is hilarious love the concept.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Mr. Toad is out for another drive and it doesnt look like Badger, Rat, or Mole can stop him!

illustration: megsck
beautiful color: odysseyroc

Check out the BIGGER version here.

chumpmagic

sTyLeS wrote:I'm afraid I don't understand the title.

The typo... I am sure it suppose to be "breakfast," and I am sure Woot can easily fix that if it prints. No ones perfect

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
omalleyrules wrote:I enjoy reading these threads, but the bashing of this one artist just gets annoying. I've seen PLENTY of Paint style submissions need the criticism more than these shirts.

Yes, but none of those paint style submissions ever win. If this were only getting 30-80 votes I'm sure there would be no bashing.

I *do* love squirrels but I'm not a fan of the design.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

chumpmagic

Wow. This came out too well! Definitely has an old picture book feel to me which seem extremely suitable. Great work, meg!

jasneko

jewelwing wrote:Wow - Thank you SO much! I'm glad you all like it.

The painterly parts aren't too hard to do. I use watercolors and let them make the shapes they want to make, scan them in and then use them as backgrounds in the designs. The shading is all there already from the paint so it's all one layer of halftones. Just to be safe I make them a little bit bigger than the smallest that's allowed.

So THAT's how you get the lovely watercolor effect I've wondered about in many of your designs - by using real watercolors!
Beautiful... I especially love the forest and animals in the back, I thought I saw someone post this earlier somewhere, but that part is nice enough to have its own shirt.

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
Re: I Will Not Blend

Really beautiful design! Unfortunately, the same basic idea has been printed over at Threadless before:

http://www.threadless.com/product/1558/Larry_the_Fox_Doesn_t_Feel_So_Clever_Anymore

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: tarantino bee

Not sure if this shade of blue is a colour Woot offers

explodedwhale

quality posts: 5 Private Messages explodedwhale
Re: ImpostNAR

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

amh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amh
paigeg wrote:Yes, I think the composition is a bit wonky, but the illo is otherwise appealing - fun and funky. But, Woot doesn't have a charcoal shirt color... Asphalt?

Oops! yes, Asphalt :p
This is not my derby it seems...

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 283 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Quick Brown Fox

Really interesting style. I like it. :^)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 283 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: It's A Bird

Awesome work, Ste7enl. Super bold and colorful. ^_^

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: Turtle Trap

i feel like i've seen this before

manikx66

Leahbh wrote:i feel like i've seen this before

well i hope not

ward7299

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ward7299
Re: The elusive GentlemanBug

Elusive, yet snobbish, he's no Lady.

ruuu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruuu
endangeredomega wrote:Not sure if this shade of blue is a colour Woot offers

It's baby blue. The shade might have changed a bit when I added the shirt texture.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
Re: Making Some Changes

Every damn day, those bunnies gave him grief with their egg throwing, garden raiding, mail stealing and other shenanigans. Well, he made something of those little brats. Slippers!

FYI: The "lines" are the Navy shirt color, not a 7th.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 36 Private Messages odysseyroc
Leahbh wrote:i feel like i've seen this before

needs more taco

thewronggrape

quality posts: 50 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Poker Face

Love the background and how the tree tops blend into the shirt! GMV

thewronggrape

quality posts: 50 Private Messages thewronggrape

Really like the framing but I'd have to agree with others that I'm not digging the black. Maybe navy, but I really don't know what would work better.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 36 Private Messages odysseyroc

This was pretty challenging to color. Meg did a great job with the layout and character designs, she's a fantastic cartoonist. There was just so much going on in this scene, it was tough to get it knocked down to 6 colors. I'm really happy with the finished product, and I'm hoping this does WAY better than our last collaboration did.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
kylemittskus wrote:Why doesn't the acorn have a shadow? And what's up with the voyeur squirrel in the back?

I was really wondering about that background squirrel too.

Think of best friends/ Think of strangers/ Think of lovers/ Think of foes/ Think of children/ Think of family/ Keep in mind that nothing stays

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Big Dam Heroes

I like when you can't tell which artist made which design just by looking at the thumbnail, and this is like that. Waterslides FTW!

Think of best friends/ Think of strangers/ Think of lovers/ Think of foes/ Think of children/ Think of family/ Keep in mind that nothing stays

jasneko

Re: Another Sleepless Day
tehmalia wrote:This MUST win!!!!! So adorable! And the perfect colors hehe... 8)

Aw thanks tehmalia!

chumpmagic wrote:I agree. Green and yellow is one of my favorite color combos, and it is working too well here.

I'm a fan of green and yellow too - thanks chumpmagic!

specsmachine wrote:I love it. This shirt is perfect for third-shifters.

hehe seriously - how do all the nocturnal animals do it without earplugs and shades? Thanks specsmachine!

Nekkochan wrote:At last, a shirt for all of us night owls!

I think I've done a few night owl type shirts... maybe this one will make it;) Thanks Nekkochan!

MathUhhhSaurus wrote:I absolutely LOVE the owl's expression! +1

Yay, glad to hear it - I redrew lines around the eyes soo many times until I finally came up with this combination! Thanks MathUhhhSaurus.

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365

Opps, the title suppose is "Breakfast", sorry for typo. And thanks for all the votes and comments.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 56 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: All In

"All In" - Bears playing poker. No woodland critters were harmed in the making of this t-shirt.
A collaboration by kevlar51 and fishbiscuit5.

bluejester

quality posts: 602 Private Messages bluejester
Re: It's A Bird

Oh man, if this prints, I have to get it for my wife, she's a big time Superman fan. Cleverly done.