NightGhost


quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
cmdixon2 wrote:Whoa!! What a nice surprise, Woot! I really wasn't expecting this.

Thanks for all the support for this one. After getting 4th place twice it's great to finally see it make it to print.

Thanks again everyone! This made my day (night).



There's nothing wrong with a cute idea, but it's nice to see artistic talent rewarded.

JackDaniels024


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JackDaniels024

This totally looks like a shirt Napoleon Dynamite would wear.

digitaldragon03


quality posts: 0 Private Messages digitaldragon03

So glad this got printed.

thewronggrape


quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape

Yes! Been wanting this ever since the beginning. Was totally bummed it didn't make it the first time around and devastated it didn't make it during the Double Take.

Thank you Woot editors!

I usually order the WS but got the WL for this because I think it'll rock on something looser and more flowy on me.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
NightGhost wrote:There's nothing wrong with a cute idea, but it's nice to see artistic talent rewarded.



Reward the most artistic tee after a nerd joke and a simply uninteresting pop-gadget pun, and no one will remember all the other stunning tees you passed up to give birth to more of the same during the week reserved for rewarding what was different and worthy.

atomicfyreball


quality posts: 0 Private Messages atomicfyreball
capguncowboy wrote:Anyone else think this looks like a Lisa Frank painting?



I knew i was being reminded of something! Yay Lisa Frank!

Shirts!--
The Key, Deep Blue Space, I can haz chestburster?, friends, Can You Spell BRAAAINS!, Alpha Battle, 1986: The Legend Was Born, Loves Me Not, Sugar BSOD, Zombie Season
Random: Pocket Fishman, I'm Just Saying, From the Ashes

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Nice, grats Chris this is a really nice piece.

brendan948725


quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725

It's frustrating that such a brilliant and effective design has been reduced to a hazy reference to a children's cereal by the write-up and forums. Usually I love the Woot writers, but today they've disappointed me. Congratulations so cmdixon2, however, for designing what is now my favorite
Woot shirt to date!



*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*


  • Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

  • 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

CapSea


quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

Oh yeah woot. That's the stuff. That's how I like it, just like that. Fantastic pick. The editor that picked this needs no editor.

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

One of my favorite CMDixon designs in a long time and a perfect choice.

I'm guessing this is the final pick, but if there's a chance of more ECs after the woodland derby winners I'd sure like to see some omnitarian and kinzoku love.

msbuzzkillington


quality posts: 0 Private Messages msbuzzkillington

Oh, so that explains why the ocean is blue.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Well, IT'S ABOUT TIME!
I guess technically it's about color, but I am really pleased this design finally came through. I guess the pelican finally tossed those penguins aside!

elronlael


quality posts: 3 Private Messages elronlael

Put a bird on it...

oh, you already did.

ART!

walmazan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

You are the best around!

Congrats!

clanbryce


quality posts: 1 Private Messages clanbryce

YAY! Glad this finally printed. Proof positive that there is a goddess and she wants us to have beautiful t-shirts!

Laureenmt


quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt
spilzer wrote:Being the biologist nerd that I am, I was trying to figure out which kind of toucan this might be (did you know there are about forty different species?). I narrowed it down to either the Selenidera genus or the Andigena genus. Perhaps it's a Guianan Toucanet?

Makes me wish I had paid more attention during my ornithology class.

On second thought, after looking at the design again, I think the yellow on the chin/neck region points more towards a Ramphastos species.



Nice job, spilzer! I am thinking the Ramphastos comes closest. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Keel-billed_toucan,_costa_rica.jpg

omalleyrules


quality posts: 0 Private Messages omalleyrules

So glad this printed! Great design!

crams80


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crams80

Aww, that's sad... fading colors...

crams80


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crams80
Laureenmt wrote:Nice job, spilzer! I am thinking the Ramphastos comes closest. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Keel-billed_toucan,_costa_rica.jpg



What kind of toucan is it... a question only a true nerd could ask. I <3 it!

crams80


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crams80
atomicfyreball wrote:I knew i was being reminded of something! Yay Lisa Frank!



Haha, so love Lisa Frank!

geekyvixen


quality posts: 2 Private Messages geekyvixen

This reminds me of a Trapper Keeper. If I saw someone wearing this shirt, I'd probably try to stick my Social Studies notes in their pockets.

random42s


quality posts: 2 Private Messages random42s
capguncowboy wrote:Anyone else think this looks like a Lisa Frank painting?



No, if it were Lisa Frank there would be at least three butterflies of unlikely shades and patterns, possibly a rainbow colored water beetle or two, and so much pink that no one but a six year old girl would be able to look at it for more than 25 seconds without getting a headache.

Why? Forty-two...you see, it doesn't work.

neji708


quality posts: 0 Private Messages neji708

i have been seeing this shirt everywere on this site!

xXxkiwixXx

piakul


quality posts: 1 Private Messages piakul
Spiritgreen wrote:One of my favorite CMDixon designs in a long time and a perfect choice.

I'm guessing this is the final pick, but if there's a chance of more ECs after the woodland derby winners I'd sure like to see some omnitarian and kinzoku love.



Same here. I was shocked when Feathered Friends didn't print... TWICE... what happened to our love for dinosaurs as society? When we were little we were, well I was at least, obsessed with dinosaurs... dinosaur EVERYTHING ... it's a sad day when the process of shirt-printing makes you realize that everyone else has mentally "grown up" and I will remain a child forever.

odysseyroc


quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
piakul wrote: ... it's a sad day when the process of shirt-printing makes you realize that everyone else has mentally "grown up" and I will remain a child forever.



You must be new here





Birdmanjeff


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Birdmanjeff

I think this is a keel bill toucan and it is the inspiration for toucan Sam of the fruit loops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keel-billed_Toucan

Birdmanjeff


spilzer wrote:Being the biologist nerd that I am, I was trying to figure out which kind of toucan this might be (did you know there are about forty different species?). I narrowed it down to either the Selenidera genus or the Andigena genus. Perhaps it's a Guianan Toucanet?

Makes me wish I had paid more attention during my ornithology class.

On second thought, after looking at the design again, I think the yellow on the chin/neck region points more towards a Ramphastos species.



cganelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cganelli

With fear of hitchhiker recriminations, here I go. I've never purchased a shirt.woot so have a question on sizing that the sizing chart didn't answer. Are the WS, WM, etc. women's sizes and smaller than the S, M, L, etc.? The sizing chart did not show the W sizing.

Thanks.

linksdeity


quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

Darn that new Pokemon game! All I want to do is catch it and name it Sam!




scfrome


quality posts: 1 Private Messages scfrome
cganelli wrote:With fear of hitchhiker recriminations, here I go. I've never purchased a shirt.woot so have a question on sizing that the sizing chart didn't answer. Are the WS, WM, etc. women's sizes and smaller than the S, M, L, etc.? The sizing chart did not show the W sizing.

Thanks.



Womens sizes are fitted and run small. I am typically a medium (size 8), but at woot I will buy a WL or even WXL for a more comfortable fit.

spilzer


quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
Birdmanjeff wrote:I think this is a keel bill toucan and it is the inspiration for toucan Sam of the fruit loops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keel-billed_Toucan

Birdmanjeff



That's what I thought at first too, but the pink at the base of the beak was throwing me off. But it totally could be.

Ultimately, maybe it's just an artistic/creative toucan and I'm trying too hard to ID it.

smohan123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages smohan123

I've been following shirt.woot via RSS for over a year now, and I am happy to report my first purchase today. Thank you, artist, for doing such a great job. I an excited to flaunt this at the zoo when we go in a month or so. And everywhere else too.

lonelypond


quality posts: 415 Private Messages lonelypond

Another night off, another excellent shirt. Love the sense of motion + wonder. Congrats!

Vote:

joemail11


quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11

Really on the fence with this one. If I decide to get it, it will be because it is just a classy shirt. Nobody can really scoff at it. I just can't decide if it's my style.

k4th3r1n3


quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

I hope I don't offend you cmdixon2, but I could swear that I've seen something like this before. Not just in a previous derby, but a long time ago, before woot existed. I'm sure you made this yourself, but did you get the idea from somewhere? Maybe this just looks like a typical early 90's shirt... I don't know.

k4th3r1n3


quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
scfrome wrote:Womens sizes are fitted and run small. I am typically a medium (size 8), but at woot I will buy a WL or even WXL for a more comfortable fit.



Oh crap, I ordered a medium a week ago and after looking at the sizing chart for women I thought It was going to be way too big, so I ordered a small for a recent purchase. When you say runs small, is it smaller than what the chest measurement is?

thewronggrape


quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
k4th3r1n3 wrote:Oh crap, I ordered a medium a week ago and after looking at the sizing chart for women I thought It was going to be way too big, so I ordered a small for a recent purchase. When you say runs small, is it smaller than what the chest measurement is?



I'm 5'0, 100lbs, very petite frame and the WS is what I usually buy. It's quite fitted and is rather narrow, which is usually how I prefer it though like I mentioned above I bought the WL for this print because I wanted a different fit. I would say the WS is like an XS in most other brands. Hope this helps some.

thewronggrape


quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
AdderXYU wrote:Reward the most artistic tee after a nerd joke and a simply uninteresting pop-gadget pun, and no one will remember all the other stunning tees you passed up to give birth to more of the same during the week reserved for rewarding what was different and worthy.



I was also quite surprised by the previous two EC shirts. The Derby usually takes care of cute and clever and I thought the editors would lean towards the more artistic and intricate ones.

dangsthurt


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dangsthurt

Its beautiful...

dachino02


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dachino02

Yessss finallly am able to purchase it!

elviswind


quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

I'm happy that this printed and I have purchased a copy to add to my collection. However, this is the second DTD in a row in which I've been mostly disappointed. In fact, I am still waiting for the second week of EC's from the last DTD, so I suppose this means I shouldn't hold my breath for a second week this time around either, eh.

I hope some of the other interesting shirts in this DTD will find a home soon.