megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: The Weasel and the Owl

i would watch this cartoon, lovely characters, +1.

megsck

Re: The Disappearing Mouse Trick

great shirt, but im officially requesting the next animal you do be a dog =)

+1!

megsck

Re: The wrong rabbit for the show

you should do more red shirts, i like it. the bg is fantastic. nice job.

megsck

Re: fire mage

fire mage

check out the LARGER version.

megsck

Re: Grimoire Ver 2

awesome, really want this shirt, or at the very least a trapper keeper. +++1!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: magic lamp

Yeah, sweet design. Particularly great colors and lighting.

I generally shy away from meme shirts because they're so transient, but I think we now have to accept the cheezburgr lolcat as a fundamental, but hopefully not defining, product of 21st century culture. ;) It will be forever.

Also it's cute.

Spiritgreen

Love it; great style, great palette. Big +1

Spiritgreen

Re: Magic Rainbow

I like this a lot, TYH! Simple but very well balanced and pleasing on the eye. GMV.

^_^

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
Re: They call me... Tim

Love the new face on the warlock! Would buy for sure.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Thanks guys. We're finishing up a second entry for this contest as well that should be up later on in the day.

Drakxxx

Great colors and character Meg. I find the dragon to be a really cool mix of cartoon and comic book styles.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
ignorant wrote:This shirt is dedicated to my good pal and longtime collaborator taternuggets, poor guy had a great shirt rejected in this derby

lol.

Nothing follows.

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
Re: Sea Witch's favor... or curse?

Is the sea witch granting the pirate ship a boon of the swift wings of death? or is she afflicting them with a plague of ages.....

You decide

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
taternuggets wrote:The lack of remorse displayed from the first attempts is disturbing.... GMV!

It's just a teddy bear! He's practicing so he doesn't cut someone really in half!

Drakxxx

Re: MAGIK

Straight up bologna that this is out of the fog.
Straight. Up. B.O.L.O.G.N.A.

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
Re: The Illusionist

Not much of a rework of your midcentury modern design submission, and I'm still convinced your main character is simply a trace of an image. I'd be willing to guess if anyone spent some time looking a character from a movie or poster that had a tophat and a cane, they'd find your source.

No. Yes.

juanoc74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanoc74
awcoburn wrote:Love it! I would normally never go for a dragon design, but this is very well done and funny. I hope it gets printed; I'll be ready to buy it when it does!

Thank you ,I hope so too

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: TaDaa!

lol, amazing mate love it! ,great idea +1 , great title, Tadaa!! ha ha! (o;

Spiritgreen

Was there a celebrity likeness issue with the first sub?

Either way, this still looks hawt. Maybe even better like this.

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

Ignore me. I am a derp and cannot figure out how to post in the right place. xD

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

fishermanswife

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fishermanswife
Re: Wizard Magic Party

Am I right that the third wizard is a Narnia reference? If so, why did only the head and ears disappear with the dotted lines?

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind
Drakxxx wrote:Straight up bologna that this is out of the fog.
Straight. Up. B.O.L.O.G.N.A.

It's a damn shame.

therabbit86ed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therabbit86ed
Re: Magic mushrooms

I like it!

kittysoup

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kittysoup
Re: The wrong rabbit for the show

Oh, you guys aren't looking at the obvious for what's going on here.

"Bunny! I loaned you to Steve the Dark Magician because his penguin side-kick was banned from the show! And you go and EAT Steve? How am I going to explain this to his wife, you little rascal?!" *cue laugh track*

InkWiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InkWiz
frik wrote:Not much of a rework of your midcentury modern design submission, and I'm still convinced your main character is simply a trace of an image. I'd be willing to guess if anyone spent some time looking a character from a movie or poster that had a tophat and a cane, they'd find your source.

Hey just wanted to say thanks for the awesome feed back. Oh and no this is not from some movie poster or cover, but by all means you go right a head an look at every movie poster, cover ect. that you want. And best of luck to you in the derby.

http://threadless.com/submission/323515/Blue_Books_Of_Sorrow

lehighace06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lehighace06
manniedex wrote:Awwww! Rejected! But, but, but, there are sparkles! Magical sparkles! Oh, phooey.

If you take this not just as "plant life is magical" but that the person whose hand that is, is "magically making the plant grow from nothing but a handful of dirt in his hand" - that certainly applies to theme!

hooligandave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hooligandave
Re: Rookie Mistake

TWINKIE GUTS!!! Mmmmmmmmm...
Love the freaked-out cupcake!

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
fishermanswife wrote:Am I right that the third wizard is a Narnia reference? If so, why did only the head and ears disappear with the dotted lines?

The third one is Gandalf taking the titular ring off the bunny. Since putting the ring on makes one invisible, i thought taking it off would be a neat reappearing trick...but it's hard to show all of that action in one static drawing

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique

excellent line work and color shading
I love this piece :D
gmv!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Sea Witch's favor... or curse?

This is pretty cool. And I am a sucker for this color combo.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Expecto Patronum

I really like where you are going with this, but it may be a halftone overload. Kind of hard to make out.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Let's Try That Again

3rd time's a charm!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

It's a nice image at all, but I can't possibly see this making it past rejection. I don't see any parody or satire or statement. It's just fan art.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Abracadammit

This made me chuckle, I like the magician.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

djtheatre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtheatre
Re: 2 Out of 3?

Hey everyone... turns out "A Hoppit's Tale" wasn't on theme enough... so I put together plan B!

I really like this one though. It's fun and cute.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
bluejester wrote:I interpreted it more as Death was there because there happened to be carnage in the area, and he was looking for the source of said carnage. Looking around, to his astonishment/puzzlement all that he could find was a blood soaked bunny.

The only reason you have to have an interpretation is because there isn't a theme here. As with most of his shirts, the characters are pre-decided and they are shoehorned in to whatever the theme might be by throwing some stuff in the background. When a shirt's on theme there's no need to guess and ponder what it might be, it's readily apparent.

kaznai

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kaznai
Re: Finders Keepers...

Your 10 year old already has a better grasp on drawing creatures than I do. I can't say that doesn't make me a little insecure. I'm mighty impressed.

I don't usually have much to say, so words from me mean you're doing something very right.

dooomcat

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dooomcat

Looks cool! I kinda wish the mage was a different color so she'd pop off the dragon a bit more but the colors overall look great against the navy.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: Finders Keepers...

I was following your / her progress in the pre-derby topic. This came out nicely, tell her she did a great job for her first entry!