shinju

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinju
Re: Expecto Catronus

Aw when I first saw Death fall in love with the cat, I also thought it was a Pratchett reference. Still a nice design.

limonmix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limonmix
Re: Rabbit Trick

Super cute with nice colors. Makes me think of playing cards.

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog

re - The Disappearing Mouse Trick

The mouse is regarded to be the third most successful mammalian species living on Earth today, after humans and the rat.
Alas this one wasn't successful and the audience better watch out too lol
love the cats face --- Smug looks like the cat that got the cream (or canary)
GMV

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
tgentry wrote:This is a notice that the shirt color you're using doesn't match the color in our provided template. For future entries please download the latest templates and use the colors provided.

So, I am scratching my head a little. If I use the colors you have on your "submit a daily design" page, they are listed as Pantone colors. But those colors don't necessarily match with the RGB colors from the Derby templates, at least when the templates have been converted from .AI to Corel Draw format. Frankly, those colors seem way off- for lemon I have a really dark blue (R:5, G:0,B:124), and for olive I have a really dark purple (R:163,G:105,B:255). The others match fairly well, I think. I'm using the Pantone colors for now, because I don't think I can trust the template colors with my software, but now I'm afraid that I'll get rejected starting next week. what to do?

areca77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages areca77
blanked wrote:The 8 will get a 'no text' rejection

o no i wasn't sure if numbers count

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: beard magic!

Do yer worst, ya smooth chinned salamanderrrr!

Great design, Meg! :D

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
Re: Dark Side of Magic

At this time taternuggets has been fire from his role of unpaid spokesperson for this shirt. We are now accepting votes from all taternuggets haters.

Lollerskates1337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lollerskates1337
kooshilova wrote:(a little trick I learned in wizard academy...)

This will not get anywhere near as much credit as it deserves. But if it's any comfort, I think it's phenomenal.

penthus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages penthus
Re: Elf Nouveau

Love the design. Major love for elves. Totally would wear this if it prints.

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
Re: The wrong rabbit for the show

Normally I like ramyb's shirts, but they've been turning me off lately. That includes this one especially. I don't particularly like it.

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
ignorant wrote:At this time taternuggets has been fire from his role of unpaid spokesperson for this shirt. We are now accepting votes from all taternuggets haters.

Fired*

jonhbrown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonhbrown
Re: THE WIZARD OF GORE

I need this for my collection, well done.

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
Re: Big Bad Voodoo Bunny

I wish the skull had buckteeth.

bluecomet77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluecomet77
Re: The Weasel and the Owl

I thought was watching a woodlands entry!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Magic Gathering FAIL

was waiting for someone to do this concept, really nice design, love the viking one =) +1

megsck

Re: Abracadammit

really nice, looks sweet on the shirt as well. =) +1

megsck

Re: MAGIK

love the hot chick, the miazakiesque creature in the back, and the color. sweet job. +1 =)

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
NameyMcName wrote:I wish the skull had buckteeth.

LOL or cat fangs... now that you mention it buckteeth would have been good. Ah well next time! =D

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172

Way to step out of your comfort zone. Reaper and a rabbit. Come one, Ramy, do something different. The only things I know you can illustrate are rabbits, reapers, squirrels, and an occasional flowery flowy thingie.

Yeah it wins, but man, don't you want to do something more out of the box. Something that tells people that you are not a one trick pony?

studio1172

Re: MAGIK

Original and on topic. Kasey is one of the best illustrators on this site and never gets the attention he deserves. Give this guy a print!

studio1172

Re: They call me... Tim

Holy Grail designs will always get my vote.

megsck

i think the point of parody IS to reference something. the bunny wasnt made of flames in the movie right? so its not the bunny from the movie, and that wizard is close without being an exact likeness. i like this, wonderfully done and funny. i especially like how you've treated the rock cliff. ive been wanting to get a patrickpens shirt, hopefully this will be my first.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: THE WIZARD OF GORE

This. Is SICK. If it doesn't print here, you NEED to print somewhere else. Just major bad news. I LOVE it.

TheCrowing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCrowing

Assuming this prints (and let's face it, it probably will), and none of the current Ramy/Seki shirts are reckoned next week, that'll be an insane SIX shirts in the Reckoning.

How much of one artist is too much?

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0
Re: Wizard Magic Party
snickelish wrote:I'm pretty certain the first one is Dumbledore from Harry Potter. However, I'm very curious to know who the last one is.

There are those who call him... Tim?

paigeg

Re: They call me... Tim

Plus one from me. If I could plus more, I would. I LOVE the meld of the old-school wizard with the bunny meme/joke.
Just -PUH-LEEZE! Can anyone design on anything but asphalt?

megsck

Re: Wizard Magic Party

they should replace all the actors in those movies with bunnies...oh wait

nice job seed! +1

paigeg

No. No. Why couldn't you draw a magician? Why the reaper again? I'm sorry, this is just so beyond a retread of previous designs, it insults me. And I held out hope...

megsck

TheCrowing wrote:Assuming this prints (and let's face it, it probably will), and none of the current Ramy/Seki shirts are reckoned next week, that'll be an insane SIX shirts in the Reckoning.

not that it matters, but i only count four in the reckoning right now...so plus this one if it prints will be 5, right? or am i just not seeing a shirt somewhere.

EDIT: nevermind, found it!, didnt see todays woot =)

mirumeiku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mirumeiku

Has anyone really looked at the bones that ramyb pointed out? I'm usually willing to ignore the anatomy of his animals because they're supposed to be cartoony and cutesy anyway, but for some reason the bones are really, really bothering me. They're all way off anatomically and seem to be defying gravity. Especially those ribs. So all the compliments on his attention to detail this time around are kinda baffling me, even though I'll admit it's better than a lot of the stuff he's been putting out recently.

paigeg

Re: Grimoire Ver 2

Whoa. I think I'm REALLY glad I'm not in your head(s). If that teensy eye in the snake/hand on the right is a fortunate error, I'll have to leave. This is cosmic!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Tragic Magic Box

The glow around the characters makes it look a tad fuzzy. I assumed you did it to make your line-work more visible (maybe not...), but I think it would work better without it.

Regardless, I dig this design.

paigeg

Re: Create life

One of the most heart-felt designs I've seen here - right down to her curled toes. Great shirt? IDK. But very, very beautiful.

Josephus

Re: Grimoire Ver 2

It's really cool. If I buy it, my wife'll freak when I wear it. guess I'll see how it goes. ;^)

megsck

mirumeiku wrote:Has anyone really looked at the bones that ramyb pointed out? I'm usually willing to ignore the anatomy of his animals because they're supposed to be cartoony and cutesy anyway, but for some reason the bones are really, really bothering me. They're all way off anatomically and seem to be defying gravity. Especially those ribs. So all the compliments on his attention to detail this time around are kinda baffling me, even though I'll admit it's better than a lot of the stuff he's been putting out recently.

they wouldn't be off anatomically to a cartoon person, they have different dimensions then actual people. not to mention many people draw bones with the two perfectly round and symmetrical nobs at the end but no bones actually look like that, its just a simplification artists have taken thats become universal. as for the defying gravity, i dont see what you are talking about.

paigeg

tgentry wrote:This is a just a notice that the background color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. It may be just a subtle change, but please check to make sure you have the latest templates and use the colors provided.

Wow. Really? They can't be that far off, of you folks would have broadcasted the changeup. I can't imagine the small difference would phase a buyer... Would it? If so, it's on Woot to make sure we're up to date with any changes in the colors of the AA blanks. MO. But - I'm right.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Disappearing Mouse Trick

Darn. I was hoping to hang on in there for a while longer. Tough fog this week though! Lots of strong designs. :^)

Thanks for all the comments and support. It's very much appreciated.

@meg, I've got a fun dog design I've been working on and off since I started at Woot. I'll have to finish it soon.

darthapo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthapo
Re: Wizard vs Wizard

The Wacky Wizard duo are at it again! When will they ever learn? There are no winners in a wizards duel!

Josephus

megsck wrote:they wouldn't be off anatomically to a cartoon person, they have different dimensions then actual people. not to mention many people draw bones with the two perfectly round and symmetrical nobs at the end but no bones actually look like that, its just a simplification artists have taken thats become universal. as for the defying gravity, i dont see what you are talking about.

I think the two racks of ribs, as well as the knobby bones, would have to fall over, as there's nothing to hold them in the positions they are in. It does look wrong, but as you say, the people who like this kind of cartoony design don't care that it looks wrong. I can't imagine intentionally drawing something that looks so obviously impossible, myself, but I guess people in that sort of business know what works for them.

paigeg

tgentry wrote:This is a just a notice that the background color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. It may be just a subtle change, but please check to make sure you have the latest templates and use the colors provided.

We, the Hitchhikers? What's going on? Could you folk proactively do this, maybe? Geez!