ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Magical Cube of Evil

This looks really good, Andy.

curiousgeorgie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curiousgeorgie
Re: The wrong rabbit for the show

I actually liked this one until I looked closer and saw all the little things. The ribs especially bother me, but I still voted for it because it reminds me of one of my favorite poems from childhood, "Sybil the Magician's Last Show," from Shel Silverstein's Falling Up.

Magical Sybil was much too cheap
To buy her rabbit a carrot.
He grew so thin, just bones and skin,
So starved he couldn't bear it --
And so, as she reached into her hat
To grab him by the ears,
She felt a tug, she felt a pull,
And WHAP -- she disappeared,
"The greatest act we've ever seen,"
We cheered for Magical Sybil.
But all that remained was a hat and a cape
And the sound of a bunny
Goin', "Nibble...nibble...nibble."

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: HUGE mistake (V2)

A second version. Thanks to Kinzoku for the awesome suggestions

Quicksloth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Quicksloth

I don't quite understand who/what is being cut in half. The box is rather short, so I would think Hobbit, but then the leg is extremely hairy. From my fuzzy recollection I thought the Hobbit foot was supposed to be extra hairy, not the leg? Can anyone help explain what is being cut in half?

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh

the Chrysalis Ball Flickr Detail by Collinvh, on Flickr

Here is the detail image. Hope you enjoy the design.

highapplepie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highapplepie
Re: TaDaa!

Cranberry

cakeninjak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakeninjak
Re: I've made a HUGE mistake

I think the magician works splendidly. I say keep him. But I may also be biased because, for the most part, I HATE center-placement designs. They're so boring.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
megsck wrote:hehehe, spirit is cracking me up lately =)

my only problem with this is the nerd in me that demands that gandolf be white >_< otherwise funny and well done =)

I read the Hobbit first, so he'll always be Gandalf the Grey to me.

penthus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages penthus
Quicksloth wrote:I don't quite understand who/what is being cut in half. The box is rather short, so I would think Hobbit, but then the leg is extremely hairy. From my fuzzy recollection I thought the Hobbit foot was supposed to be extra hairy, not the leg? Can anyone help explain what is being cut in half?

It is a Hobbit (assumably Frodo), and it is the foot that is super hairy. His leg isn't even showing in the image. The hair grows on the top of the foot, not the bottom.

oohepburnoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oohepburnoo
Re: MAGIK

Great work! beautiful art

pbwaldon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbwaldon

As Ron would say, It's bloody brilliant !!
I really want one of these, 4 to be exact.

forsythe24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forsythe24
Re: The Weasel and the Owl

I just can't shake the feeling that the owl has a funny mustache...

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
dooomcat wrote:No you're right, the head is a little out of proportion. No matter how much I try to keep that in mind I still end up doing it to some extent!
I appreciate your comment and I'd love to do more people stuff but... it kind of depressingly doesn't get the votes does it

Yeah, unfortunately it's hit or miss with people illustrations most of the time.

XshadowraithX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XshadowraithX
Re: I've made a HUGE mistake

i think side placements have a more subtle touch than center placements, unless its like a comparison design where ur looking for the odd one out.

The magician could use a better matching "pose" to match the tag line. Say he's alarmed in a "oops" way like in the process of running away, or maybe facing the hat (facing the front so we can see his face expression)with his mouth/eyes open.

The hat and everything coming out tho is most amazing. Like super cool plus fantastic spot on detail at the same time.

...still...dont really like the magician's facial hair...or how the magician looks...but oh well, cant complain over everything.

sonny2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonny2009

Can you voters please vote this up? It's the same deformed animals winning pretty much all the time, and it's getting very tiresome. The fog this week is an utter joke.

I want a real shirt woot shirt with creative and professional artwork.

colourcraze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colourcraze
Re: Elementals

I'm giving this shirt a vote, it's nicely designed. But I'm gonna be honest, my fist thought when I saw it was "pokemans?!" they look like the evolved forms of Eevee

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

No problem. I like the changes. Bunny geyser! I still like the first version too so I'm voting for both.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Big Bad Voodoo Bunny

I love your style. Got my vote.

...Is that rabbit wearing tight leather pants?

gnarstar775

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnarstar775
Re: Fluffy shall not pass!

This is my submission ever! Pretty simple, but thought it was funny. So please vote! Thanks!

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Wizard Magic Party

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone! I'm excited to be amongst such talented and/or popular artists this week!

dracokitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracokitty
colourcraze wrote:I'm giving this shirt a vote, it's nicely designed. But I'm gonna be honest, my fist thought when I saw it was "pokemans?!" they look like the evolved forms of Eevee

I almost did foxes but stopped myself because I knew they would look to much like eevee ^_^
But I suppose any fuzzy animal you did as a elemental would come up looking like them.

bruxxus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bruxxus
Re: THE WIZARD OF GORE

I need this shirt....

thyetrnlsummer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thyetrnlsummer

i have loved all of your designs that i have seen but i don't always have the time to find them! you dont happen to have a link or folder with all your derby entries, perchance? and this one is great. you have my vote

vixcarin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vixcarin
Re: In magic skies

Ooo, this one is cool. I likey...

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
thyetrnlsummer wrote:i have loved all of your designs that i have seen but i don't always have the time to find them! you dont happen to have a link or folder with all your derby entries, perchance? and this one is great. you have my vote

Here's an archive of all my Woot entries. Shirtwhat.com has all entries by all artists archived as well as all the derby themes and all the shirts that have printed. Its a great resource for future reference Glad you like my designs!!

awkwardmoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awkwardmoose
mangotang0 wrote:It's not a ferret, it's a weasel. For Ron Weasely.

Yes, I understood that. What I was saying was that, as someone who isn't a Gryffindor, I would have liked to see a ferret representing Malfoy rather than a weasel as Ron just to get some House diversity in the design. It's great as is and I love the artwork, but I wouldn't personally buy it since it's just Gryffindor students. :P

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: AbracadabrAAAAHHHH

Never turn your back on a rabbit, especially a magic one.

pastorroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pastorroy
barkingchicken wrote:there is no text this week.

my bad

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

This version gets my vote. I like the magician but I'd rather have a whole one or none at all.

Love the creepiness, btw. ^_^

Lerasi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lerasi
Re: fire mage

is this inspired by everquest?

Lerasi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lerasi
Re: Grimoire Ver 2

gosh, I want this so bad. GOOD LUCK!

dracokitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracokitty
Re: In magic skies

Id like to see a larger version of the whole thing. But otherwise I like it

wootleey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootleey

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

I love this! Bunnies I'm willing to vote for!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
kinzoku wrote:I love your style. Got my vote.

...Is that rabbit wearing tight leather pants?

Yay thanks! He does indeed have tight leather pants on. I'm actually not sure why now that I think about it.

the603

quality posts: 0 Private Messages the603
Re: Elementals

This is only thing I dislike about Woot. Awesome shirts like this lose to overly cute ones. You have my vote (and maybe my sister's, if I can convince her).

and yeah, my first thought was Eevee too XD

elais

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elais
Andy47240 wrote:I really like where you are going with this, but it may be a halftone overload. Kind of hard to make out.

I had a bit of difficult figuring out what this was.

viscosity2004

quality posts: 7 Private Messages viscosity2004
yankeebird wrote:Never read/seen any Harry Potter. Death loves cats?

I think they mean the patronus. It's a Harry Potter thing where there are these wraiths that will suck your soul, but if you can conjure a patronus (which takes the shape of an animal), then the wraiths will be afraid and run away. But in this case, the wraith thinks the kitty is so cute it wants to stay! :3

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog

Re: The wrong rabbit for the show
its quite a slim rabbit if it ate a whole human lol
did it eat all his clothes too apart from one glove and a hat?

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Lerasi wrote:is this inspired by everquest?

nope, this was inspired by frank frazetta. the high ponytail is kinda like the cliche sorceress hairdo =)