harmonyjoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harmonyjoy

Love the Dragon. :D

Harmony Joy Wallender

capsfanbryce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce
Re: Wizard Magic Party

Very clever, I'd love to see this printed.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: magic lamp

This is a notice that the background shirt color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. For future entries please download the latest templates and use the colors provided.

tgentry

Staff

Re: Beans, Beans

This is a notice that the background shirt color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. For future entries please download the latest templates and use the colors provided.

tgentry

Staff

Re: Finders Keepers...

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Magical Cube of Evil

Nice concept. I like how "wearable" your designs are.

mattfury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattfury

Best shirt in the Derby, too bad.

fishbiscuit5

Re: Big Bad Voodoo Bunny

Great design. I really like the way you colored this.

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Wizard vs Wizard

Wow this was really good. Sad about the rejection.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
mrwednesday wrote:Parody is required by law for use of intellectual property for profit. If this shirt is made and Monty Python decides to sue, woot would have to prove that there is some form of parody and this shirt makes some kind of statement that the original creators would not have been comfortable with. Woot would lose that battle pretty quickly.

AS stated many many many many many many times before, parody is a defense. IP is property and the burden of proof is on the party creating the derivative work not the license owner.

QFT.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

harmonyjoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harmonyjoy
rhizoma wrote:I like the drawing a lot, but with color, this could be epic!

Yeah, I am going to second that. Really nice, needs color of some kind. Even if it is really subtle.

Harmony Joy Wallender

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: Squeak the Barbarian

King-sized Kraken kudos to Oddessyroc for keen color coaching! (say that 5 times fast)

fishbiscuit5

Amazing coloring! Love this and hope it gets voted to the top!

chioreo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chioreo
Re: Create life

Very unique concept and a beautiful design. I will definitely buy this if it prints.

ragemonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ragemonkey
megadog wrote:Re: The wrong rabbit for the show

glad to see the two doves/pigeons escaped unscathed lol

i think there were three. unless that thing behind the, i assume, ribcage pieces is another glove. i can't really tell.

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: They call me... Tim

Can't wait to buy this! unnfff! yah!
if it survives the parody debate, that is. :/

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
effiew wrote:Pandora's Hat!

My first idea WAS actually Pandora's Box with all manner of evil magics pouring out, but then I saw that Drakxxx and CD were doing a grimoire and no one can do pouring evil magics better than them so I modified my idea a bit. Then whaddyaknow, they also did amazing pink mutant bunnies, hahaha. *ironic fist shake* If only I didn't dig their stuff so much:P Glad everyone likes this though. Thanks for all the compliments!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

yay, turned out great, i love the nerd glasses! haha =)

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
megadog wrote:Re: The wrong rabbit for the show
its quite a slim rabbit if it ate a whole human lol
did it eat all his clothes too apart from one glove and a hat?

That's a good point.

tgentry

Staff

Re: Elf Nouveau

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
Re: Expecto Catronus

This one's my favorite amongst the HP-referenced shirts. I just love it.

tgentry

Staff

Re: Magic Switch

tgentry

Staff

Re: Shadow Play

This is a notice that the background shirt color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. This may just be a subtle difference, but for future entries please download the latest templates and use the colors provided.

tgentry

Staff

Re: I never get picked...

This is a notice that the background shirt color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. This may just be a subtle difference, but for future entries please download the latest templates and use the colors provided.

darthapo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthapo
Re: Wizard vs Wizard

Thanks for the kind words everybody!

tgentry

Staff

Re: I Attack the Darkness!

tgentry

Staff

Re: Life in the Hat

tgentry

Staff

Re: Think of the bunnies!

tgentry

Staff

Re: Shogun's Wizard

Also you should save out your comp image as a 580x580 jpg.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

This is pulled off just well enough get my vote

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

katrinabean86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katrinabean86
Re: Magic Lamp

Simple, clean design. I like the color combination as well.

jlegos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlegos

I am overwhelmed by the positive response on this shirt! Thanks everyone who likes it and commented!

Dianasprinkle really hit the nail on the head with my intention with the cat genie. It is a cat communicating with another cat, and I wanted to create the same situation that happens for a human finding a lamp and the genie taking the form similar to a human. It makes sense to me for a cat to summon a cat genie from the lamp. To me, the design loses some of its humor if the genie is a human. It is a matter of opinion and can understand that not everyone will see it the same way that I do.

To tgentry- sorry, I didn't realize I hadn't sampled the color correctly! I'll be more careful next time. Thanks for the warning.

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
meh3884 wrote:This is pulled off just well enough get my vote

My thoughts exactly. I would never wear this, but the spot-on execution of the (immortal) meme garnered my vote.

therabbit86ed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therabbit86ed
tgentry wrote:This is a notice that the background shirt color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. For future entries please download the latest templates and use the colors provided.

Thank you!

gutfeeling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutfeeling

i did this all on photo shop by hand, no photo in the resub. why dd it get rejectd for that?

jbb04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbb04

I really love this concept, and I think it has potential to be a really strong entry. Some feedback: The witch's position is not natural looking. If her broom smacked the moon toward the edge, then she would also have smacked the same general spot. She wouldn't keep floating forward. Also, her hat should be behind her, not in front.

You might could change this up a bit and re-use it later. The image is good quality, and the humor is awesome. Hope that helps.

jbb04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbb04

I get it, but it would be much better if the scissors were more obviously scissors. Maybe have both finger holes on side and blades out the other.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Cant move. Paralyzed with awesome. That is all... ++++++1!

(seriously, this is badass lit on fire!)

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: beard magic!

Woooo, go Meg! So happy to see this make the top 9! You are my cartoon hero ;_; +1!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
jlegos wrote:To me, the design loses some of its humor if the genie is a human. It is a matter of opinion and can understand that not everyone will see it the same way that I do.

I can understand your personal choice that having the cat genie makes more sense to you because it's communicating with its own kind, but that it loses humor doesn't really make sense.

With the cat genie the joke is, "haha, the cat is talking to the genie and instead of wanting cat things he wants a cheeseburger." One joke.

With the cat as a humanoid the joke is, "The genie is summoned and ready to grant wishes, but instead of a human before him he was somehow summoned by a cat who inexplicably wants a cheeseburger instead of something you'd think a cat would wish for could he commune with the genie." There are many layers there but at it's very base level there are at least two jokes if not three or four.

I suppose you could argue that, "hah, the genie is supposed to be a genie but he's a cat and the cat is a cat so they are both cats," is funny making it an even two but I'm not that kind of person.