DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
chumpmagic wrote:Oh, hey now...

I think you misunderstood, and as a result, you straightened his point. Each one of those characters is completely different. Each one is a new character, a new rendition (and in some cases, a completely new style). The ceiling and ahab ones are close, but not close enough to be targeted like this... It's a far fetched analogy in my opinion.

No difference for me. Drakxxx recycling of the Cthulhu character is not that different than what RamyB does. In fact, I could make a case that at least RamyB's characters are original creations vs. the Cthulhu being "lifted" from Lovecraft. Listen, I'm not a big RamyB fan. I own one of his shirts and rarely vote for him in the derby. What's downright tiring is the same people constantly going over every freakin' RamyB entry with a fine-tooth comb while not holding the other "chosen ones" to the same standards.

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Re: Squeak the Barbarian

good stuff. you draw really well.

dracokitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracokitty

By popular demand I changed the color of the shirt.

therabbit86ed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therabbit86ed
Re: Big Bad Voodoo Bunny

I lurves me some big bad voodoo bunneh!

I just love this design... Gmv

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
dracokitty wrote:By popular demand I changed the color of the shirt.

what color is it now?

sycophant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sycophant
Re: Mathemagical

One more gargleblaster I LOVE THIS!!!1!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
DoublEE wrote: What's downright tiring is the same people constantly going over every freakin' RamyB entry with a fine-tooth comb while not holding the other "chosen ones" to the same standards.

For the record, I did not choose Drakxxx. I heard he's a MOT so blame that one on God...

In seriousness, I don't own one Drakxxx shirt and rarely vote for his submissions.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

dracokitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracokitty

Re-subbed with a a different color shirt
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=50960

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
DoublEE wrote:No difference for me. Drakxxx recycling of the Cthulhu character is not that different than what RamyB does. In fact, I could make a case that at least RamyB's characters are original creations vs. the Cthulhu being "lifted" from Lovecraft. Listen, I'm not a big RamyB fan. I own one of his shirts and rarely vote for him in the derby. What's downright tiring is the same people constantly going over every freakin' RamyB entry with a fine-tooth comb while not holding the other "chosen ones" to the same standards.

I guess we don't see eye to eye which is completely natural. I honestly don't feel its recycling for the reasons I stated above.

Also, since I decided jump in this, I will add that I don't have any issues with people recycling characters. It does get old when people abuse them, but as an artist, I know that if I create a character I like and I am proud of, I am tempted to stick him/her/it in everywhere.

musocat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages musocat
Re: Elf Nouveau

Totally cool - I want one!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
blk909 wrote:what color is it now?

It looks like Navy.

Zelemetal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zelemetal
Re: Magic Rainbow

The cloud looks kind of like the pringles guy.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: magic bathmat ride.

A vote for you! This is amusing

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
mrwednesday wrote:With the cat as a humanoid the joke is, "The genie is summoned and ready to grant wishes, but instead of a human before him he was somehow summoned by a cat who inexplicably wants a cheeseburger instead of something you'd think a cat would wish for could he commune with the genie." There are many layers there but at it's very base level there are at least two jokes if not three or four.

I suppose you could argue that, "hah, the genie is supposed to be a genie but he's a cat and the cat is a cat so they are both cats," is funny making it an even two but I'm not that kind of person.

With the cat as a humanoid, it doesn't look good on a shirt. Let's end the argument about the joke quality and realize that it just looks better with the cat genie.

Cats: Good on shirts

Humans: Mediocre at best on shirts

sarahlav

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahlav
Re: Witches and Wizards at the Ready

I don't get how this has anything to do with magic but I'm digging it. So what am I missing here?

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
radiomode wrote:It's navy, following the color on Woot's template.

yeah, woot's Navy is near black.
nice design!

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
chumpmagic wrote:I guess we don't see eye to eye which is completely natural. I honestly don't feel its recycling for the reasons I stated above.

Also, since I decided jump in this, I will add that I don't have any issues with people recycling characters. It does get old when people abuse them, but as an artist, I know that if I create a character I like and I am proud of, I am tempted to stick him/her/it in everywhere.

Is it kevlar51 (or something like that) with the Victorian robot? I like the Victorian robot.

Also, Drakxxx isn't re-using Cthulhu in the same sense ramyb re-uses his characters. Drawing the same concept different ways is hardly re-using.

And as for ramyb, that is how he draws Death, and bunnies, and turtles (at least for submission purposes). Are they really "characters?" I see no problem with his use of them (week after week after week), but it grows tiresome. That is a compliment to his buisiness sense, by the way.

hkhm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hkhm
Re: Magical Cube of Evil

LOVE this design! as a rubik's cube addict, it would be an insta-buy if printed.

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66
therabbit86ed wrote:I like it!

thanks

uniique

Re: In magic skies

Coolness.... :D

uniique

Re: Uhoh. Froggumoxenslugbat.

hehehe I would totally wear this +1!

xiaobaosg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xiaobaosg

npromero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npromero
Re: Ninja Magic!

One minute you're in a do or die battle with a ninja and the next *POOF* a flipping log is in front of you. Sneaky bastards.

limonmix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limonmix
Re: Elf Nouveau Ver. 2

Fixed the hands and went with a different color scheme.

ShinAkuma321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShinAkuma321
Re: Ninja Magic!

haaaa! i love it!

limonmix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limonmix
Re: Elf Nouveau

Submitted a new version with the thumbs on the correct side of the hands.

tomsman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tomsman

I saw this and my jaw hit the floor, perhaps you even heard my squeal before it did. Killer design! I'm already trying to figure out how to pay for the number of shirts required for all of my friends who are Holy Grail freaks and/or notify them if/when it is printed before it sells out... Tim is awesome, but coupled with the killer bunny (we call him "Alfie")... Words alone...

Looking for MXLs Alien Sonogram, Tin: Old Skool, Puppet Checkup and Flesh Wound from Teefury; A Wicked Mess, F5 Refreshes You, and Sissy Fight. PM or teetrade (tomsman)for trade or sell.

npromero

sarahlav wrote:I don't get how this has anything to do with magic but I'm digging it. So what am I missing here?

Right! Here's my justification. Beside me being the biggest Harry Potter nerd ever and trying to weasel something by.
Im gonna give you the short version.
In the books only a person who can preform true magic is allowed into a school of magic. In turn they're kinda like constant walking talking magic. Just cause they're not making things disappear or float doesn't mean they're not doing magic, they are. Just in their own little subtle ways. Like if they're living moving magic. :D

It's a bit of a stretch I know, but so are most entries every week. Anywho with this being a late sub and me not having any real art skills it'll never make it up to print. They're just fun to make. :D

Ninja Magic!

tomsman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tomsman
ItsBaxter wrote:Excellent design, I love it. If this ends up printing somewhere else, let us know!

What he/she said.

Looking for MXLs Alien Sonogram, Tin: Old Skool, Puppet Checkup and Flesh Wound from Teefury; A Wicked Mess, F5 Refreshes You, and Sissy Fight. PM or teetrade (tomsman)for trade or sell.

thekatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thekatt
Re: Magic Rainbow

Yes. Simple and beautiful.

mawkish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mawkish
Re: Create life

And now that this one has fallen out of the fog, I have nothing to look forward to. =[
These past few derbies are definitely helping my savings.

Legendarybandit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Legendarybandit
gutfeeling wrote:I love my little voodoo doll, though he isn't one of the top, I still think his is wonderful. Any sujestions on how I can reach the top? My husband says my voodoo doll looks like the little big planet sackboys. So yes, he is happy the sackboys got it in the heart, he doesn't like that game.

Clean the edges of the picture so it doesn't have the square on the black, and maybe off-center the doll a little? Maybe to the left over the heart or to left down on the side some

npromero

ShinAkuma321 wrote:haaaa! i love it!

Thanks! :D It's simple but made me laugh. I was/am still having trouble with the log. Too think, too thin, aw nuts now its to thick again... gerr :|

hillkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hillkat

It's been resubmitted on a blue shirt - which looks better, I think.

bigj452

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bigj452
Re: Create life

I am so in love with this shirt. Please everyone vote for this.

eastcobbler

quality posts: 9 Private Messages eastcobbler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrbKvxGgFfg

snowfreeze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowfreeze
uniique wrote:Wow! To the fog! Very nice design megsck! Roxxers!

Can somebody please explain what "in the fog" means? Thanks!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
snowfreeze wrote:Can somebody please explain what "in the fog" means? Thanks!

the top 9 submissions are called "in the fog" meaning that we cant see how many votes they are getting, so that it can be a surprise on friday what prints and what doesnt =) three out of the nine will print.

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
Re: Rookie Mistake

Haha this is so clever and expressive. GMV

locustpr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locustpr
tgentry wrote:This is a notice that the background shirt color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. This may just be a subtle difference, but for future entries please download the latest templates and use the colors provided.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll do so and then try to figure out where I went wrong so that the shirt color being off error won't repeat itself.