chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
radiomode wrote:It's navy, following the color on Woot's template.

It looks like "bottle green" really

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

dooomcat

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dooomcat
awkwardmoose wrote:Oh boy, do I love this! As a loyal Slytherin, though, I'd love to see an albino ferret as Malfoy rather than one representing Ron..

Sorry! I thought two white characters on the shirt would look kind of boring. And I guess they'd have to look more antagonistic which could have been fun too...

dooomcat

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dooomcat
fishbiscuit5 wrote:This is very cool. Do you use a tablet to draw your lines? Just curious and admiring your work. :D

Nope, pencil and ink. I definitely use a tablet for color though.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Terrors of the White Rabbit

White Rabbits everywhere speak of their fear of the magic top hat.

Vote!

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
Re: Grimoire

!!!!!PLEASE VOTE ON THE RESUB with corrected design size.

The design is EXACTLY THE SAME. Only the size on the shirt has changed. Thank you for RE-VOTING!

CLICK HERE http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=50871

Note: I'll be DELETING this one shortly.

ciaranannrach

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ciaranannrach
profbrendan wrote:See, I was thinking along the same lines as you. For one thing, your initial point about the interchangeable concept is completely true. And perhaps this IS supposed to be Death's bunny that mistakenly got used by a magician and is now being retrieved by his rightful owner. I guess my question to Ramy would be, since when does Death have a bunny? I'm not even talking about comedic license here because I have no problem with absurdity (done well), I'm saying there's no establishment of these two characters having any sort of connection. I could even understand the intent if the bunny had maybe a tiny cloak or a scythe or bone hands. ANYTHING to identify it being Death's pet. General carnage doesn't do that.

My take:

The Magician accidentally pulled out the rabbit from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" - you know, the one that decapitated several knights before they blew it up with the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. RamyB's comment alludes to this being the case.

Rabbit proceeds to kill EVERYONE.

Death gets called in to reap their souls, and is perplexed that a single rabbit causes the damage.

It's probably true that Death is unnecessary in this picture if you look at it from the POV of concept. But, if he had gone with a rabbit decapitating people, it probably would have been rejected for copyrighted material. Otherwise, if it had been the rabbit eating people, it'd have been rejected for being too close to the aforementioned meat-eating rabbit shirt. By including Death, while it confuses the meaning of the shirt slightly, it allows him to execute his design without risk of it being rejected.

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh

Very cool design! great use of the shirt color!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: TaDaa!

TaDaa!

I hope you like it!

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

Great illustration guys! A bit small for all the detail it has, cool anyways.

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
ciaranannrach wrote:Whose to say that the ninja didn't cast a magical spell upon his sword, giving it an ethereal green glow/dragon?

Maybe the sword is magical, and inhabited by an ethereal dragon?

Lots of ways to go with this to tie it to theme. Seems fine to me, and GMV. I hope this prints.

That may well be, but this seems like a stretch. However, I'll wait before hearing what radiomode has to say before saying off-topic just yet...

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: The wrong rabbit for the show

The curtains are nicely done but the lack of a bottom jaw on Death bothers me.

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh

The coolest part is even if the trick doesn't go well there could be two live worms rather than one Good job!

funny192

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funny192

Here's my vote for you, hope you win, this is a really cute design

C:/Spot
C;/Spot/Run
Run/Spot/Run

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Now this has a great concept.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
bluejester wrote:I interpreted it more as Death was there because there happened to be carnage in the area, and he was looking for the source of said carnage. Looking around, to his astonishment/puzzlement all that he could find was a blood soaked bunny.

I'd hardly call that a blood soaked bunny... especially for the carnage.

Makes you wonder how he stayed so neat during the carnage creating... I'm guessing "lobster bib"

:D

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
JRWorkshop wrote:Great illustration guys! A bit small for all the detail it has, cool anyways.

Thanks. Maybe I could have showed it a bit taller but I was trying to stay within the realistic boundaries. Either way, it's a side placement, top to bottom in the printable area.

genericsmith

awkwardmoose wrote:Oh boy, do I love this! As a loyal Slytherin, though, I'd love to see an albino ferret as Malfoy rather than one representing Ron..

Albino ferret with hair slicked back. :D

And a whatever would represent a hufflepuff just like "Don't mind me... I'm just background filler"

Poor hufflepuffs... The screech of Hogwart's saved by the bell.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)

boost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boost
djtheatre wrote:Haha... this is really fun... and this is a sketch I came up with a few days ago which now I can't do... haha I was going to call mine "The very hairy potter"

haha a similar idea was in a previous derby too! i'd read that book! http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=25186

ciaranannrach

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ciaranannrach
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:That may well be, but this seems like a stretch. However, I'll wait before hearing what radiomode has to say before saying off-topic just yet...

I don't know about that. It all depends upon what you are using as the basis for what you consider "magic". If you look at DnD and other games of their ilk, it's hardly a stretch at all. If you try to force it with Japanese legends, then it's a bit of a stretch - though, the Japanese had a few swords they considered magical in nature as well. The Kusanagi was a sword that controlled wind, and Muramasa blades were thought to be cursed and demonic.

xismcc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xismcc
This really captures the magic of nature for me. I like the contrast between the image in the box and the green shirt. I want one!

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad

Hilarious!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
bennydougs wrote:If i get rid of the text on the cube does it work? What about the 8?

No, the 8 would still get you rejected. Any numbers, letters, or symbols count as text. I'd advise trying to find a way to rework it for this derby, wait until your 60-day hold has passed and try submitting somewhere else, or hold on to it and maybe it can fit in a future derby.

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11

Good use of cranberry. Love your style, as always.

littlebubbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlebubbles

You definitely have my vote with this. Simply awesome :-).

cdg ♡.

katrinabean86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katrinabean86
Re: The Illusionist

Cool design. +1

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Magical Metamorphosis

Funny idea! And the way you've used angled halftones for texturing rather than just in place of gradients is pretty sweet. Nice graphic style.

GMV. :^)

katrinabean86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katrinabean86
Re: Uhoh. Froggumoxenslugbat.

Love this. The expressions on both of their faces are awesome. Love the spell book too.

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog

Re: The wrong rabbit for the show

glad to see the two doves/pigeons escaped unscathed lol

yeslekp92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yeslekp92
tgentry wrote:This is a notice that the shirt color you're using doesn't quite match the color from the swatches provided in our templates. For future entries please download the latest templates and use the colors provided.

Will do, thanks.

noblehappenstance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noblehappenstance
Re: They call me... Tim

This is unbelievably awesome

Rake This![/url]

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Sword Spirit

I was hoping for some quality, magic sword action. This definitely fits the bill. Love the dragon spirit / energy.

Very cool again, radiomode! :^)

genericsmith

kaseyfleming wrote:Thanks! It wasn't easy picking out the colors for this design. I really could have gone in any direction and its only 5 inks. I wanted to try something that would help the design appeal to a broad audience.

Thanks to everybody else so far for votes and comments!!!

Feel free to play with all sorts of color combinations and email them to me so I can set it as my sole wallpaper but on color rotations.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Create life

I don't know if this was intentional or not but it reminds me (besides the fish) of characters from Charlotte's Web:

Fern
Wilbur
Templeton
The Goose (did she have a name?)

tazfreeatlast

quality posts: 20 Private Messages tazfreeatlast
Re: MAGIK

I love the design, but you really should consider a resub with the darker colors of the draft. I think it would get more votes with this crowd.

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
DianaSprinkle wrote:Thanks! I had designed these little guys for some paintings on wood I'd done last year, so I thought I'd use them again for this. I'm glad the sizing is good that trips me up sometimes.

I love this but would have liked both rabbit ears to have pink inner ears - cos to me it looks like the rabbits' right ears look back to front.
having said that GMV

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Re: The Sword Spirit

Really nice colors!

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: They call me... Tim

Good God, this is fierce. GMV SOLID
I really want this. really really.
Really.

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Re: Magical Metamorphosis

Ok this one is just too amazing not to vote for. I would DEFINITELY wear this shirt. It's ridiculous in a very good way

biotwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biotwist
Schrobblehead wrote:I've been rejected for using that template on navy before. I think the base colors might actually be correct, but the highlights really throw it off.

yeah, it always skews my colors, darkens it a bit

nancyzas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancyzas
Re: The Dark Wizard

Darkly mysterious. Keep up the good work!