+ Add a Comment

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Create life

Very interesting design, I like the how the colors used make me think of chalk as well. If this wins I'll buy one for my young niece.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Create life

Oh and it's magic because the girl is bringing her chalk drawings to life. Who said mages have to be old white men with beards or annoying teenagers?

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

This is one of your best, Kasey . . . kudos!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Wizard Magic Party

(Oops, my mistake about the cream. It is very slightly different from the current template and the color I had. It just was so close I couldn't tell by looking at it when painting one over the other.

Sorry TGentry.)

Again, awesome design SeedUvPain. ^__^

InkWiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InkWiz
kylemittskus wrote:I think the shirt is black so it's negative space.

Yes this is on a black shirt, sorry for the confusion. I will make sure to use woot's colors from now on.

http://threadless.com/submission/323515/Blue_Books_Of_Sorrow

elviswind

This is a beautiful and charming illustration; perhaps one of the best realistic illustrations I've seen on shirt.woot . . . but I think it's only on theme because you say it is. Without your explanation, there's very little that implies the other animals came to life through the magical chalk. I think you could make it on theme by having the fish start to come to life. And I think you need a dark brown chalk too.

explodedwhale

quality posts: 5 Private Messages explodedwhale
ignorant wrote:"we can't do it" - why not??

"not appropriate for our audience" - that makes even less sense, how is this inappropriate?

well... your design *does* lack dead-eyed forest creatures...

heartflux

quality posts: 5 Private Messages heartflux
Re: Reverse Hat Trick

I like the artistic style of the rabbit, but the wizard doesn't seem to match the same style. He looks more cartoony.

I woot, therefore I am.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Spiritgreen wrote:(Oops, my mistake about the cream. It is very slightly different from the current template and the color I had. It just was so close I couldn't tell by looking at it when painting one over the other.

Sorry TGentry.)

Again, awesome design SeedUvPain. ^__^

Oh, I'm just happy that so many people came to visit my thread.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
tgentry wrote:I pulled the template from the derby submission page this morning. I'm not sure what the last change was, so it's possible you have an outdated version. It's also possible that some people are saving their files in a way that is altering the colors. I tested saving out some jpegs from Illustrator and Photoshop and got versions that kept the color completely intact. I'll probably test that further on this weekend or Monday to see if I can find a common problem people might be making when saving them out. That will be helpful to know in addition to people making sure their templates are up to date.

I run windows and macOS on the same monitor. Windows colors are a tad darker.... no clue why. Could that possibly be part of the problem?

explodedwhale

Re: They call me... Tim

This? is magic. +1.

jlegos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlegos
Re: magic lamp

I had lots of fun coming up with this design. Thanks for the support, and thanks to ramyb on this design too!

explodedwhale

joemail11 wrote:Good use of cranberry.

I totally agree with this. This color and this design go together like peas and carrots.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: TaDaa!

One more gargleblaster, you are so funny!

manniedex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manniedex

Awwww! Rejected! But, but, but, there are sparkles! Magical sparkles! Oh, phooey.

margaux54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages margaux54

hey was this in any way inspired by Repo! the genetic opera? XD sry it really reminds me of Blind Mag...

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Re: The Disappearing Mouse Trick

this...is...awesome!

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

gadlenpk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gadlenpk

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley

This design pretty much sums up how I feel each week that a Draxxx/CD submission doesn't get printed.

This is abso-farking-lutely badass. Though the design is a tad small on the shirt.

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley

*nerdgasm*

aliciabeck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliciabeck
elviswind wrote:This is a beautiful and charming illustration; perhaps one of the best realistic illustrations I've seen on shirt.woot . . . but I think it's only on theme because you say it is. Without your explanation, there's very little that implies the other animals came to life through the magical chalk. I think you could make it on theme by having the fish start to come to life. And I think you need a dark brown chalk too.

I don't think it is *that* hard to get. I had to look at it for a few seconds before I got it, but I think there are enough subtle clues to the magic.

Also, I also like that this is fresh compared to most everything else. I would totally buy one for my nephew.

awcoburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awcoburn
Re: Amateur Magician

Love it! I would normally never go for a dragon design, but this is very well done and funny. I hope it gets printed; I'll be ready to buy it when it does!

awcoburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awcoburn

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: TaDaa!

Your work always amazes me... Good work!

minnij

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minnij

Very cool design! Love it!

therabbit86ed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therabbit86ed
Re: Beans, Beans

6 Colors on Black...

What? >.>

:P

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Wizard Magic Party

Awesome design! This one made me smile.

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

Alright, I laughed. Like the blue shimmer and the whole concept is easily understood and funny.

GMV

kimvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimvy
ciaranannrach wrote:My take:

The Magician accidentally pulled out the rabbit from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" - you know, the one that decapitated several knights before they blew it up with the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. RamyB's comment alludes to this being the case.

Rabbit proceeds to kill EVERYONE.

Death gets called in to reap their souls, and is perplexed that a single rabbit causes the damage.

It's probably true that Death is unnecessary in this picture if you look at it from the POV of concept. But, if he had gone with a rabbit decapitating people, it probably would have been rejected for copyrighted material. Otherwise, if it had been the rabbit eating people, it'd have been rejected for being too close to the aforementioned meat-eating rabbit shirt. By including Death, while it confuses the meaning of the shirt slightly, it allows him to execute his design without risk of it being rejected.

Anyone who's had a pet that brought out the statement of "you just HAD to do that, didn't you?" would understand Death's look. ;)

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: The Terrors of the White Rabbit

Cute and simple. Nice! And congrats on your first place win today, Jas!

therabbit86ed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therabbit86ed
ignorant wrote:"we can't do it" - why not??

"not appropriate for our audience" - that makes even less sense, how is this inappropriate?

I loled when I saw this... but only because my mind is always in the gutter...

The size of the 'Staff' is what the fuss is about...

if you know what I mean (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

TonyGreyfox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TonyGreyfox

Hah! Not what I'd expected from the thumbnail. Nice one!

MathUhhhSaurus

yeeeeeeees! :D I love this!

What Bindle of Carrots?

MathUhhhSaurus

Re: Expecto Catronus

bwahahahahaha! Love the expression on the wizard's face!

What Bindle of Carrots?

elviswind

aliciabeck wrote:I don't think it is *that* hard to get. I had to look at it for a few seconds before I got it, but I think there are enough subtle clues to the magic.

Yeah, give me some credit. I get it. I'm just offering some suggestions to make it more on theme. It's very subtle and I appreciate subtle very much, but the derby description clarified that, "Yeah, okay, a really pretty sunset might be magical, but we want stuff with wizards and sorcerers and magicians." It certainly isn't as abstract as a sunset, but it I don't get "wizards and sorcerers and magicians" from it either.

MathUhhhSaurus

gekiere wrote:Love it! It will be lost on those unfamiliar with Harry Potter lore, though.

I don't think so...I think others who don't know Harry Potter can still get the joke. :]

What Bindle of Carrots?

elviswind

I'll also add that I will not be upset if this prints as is. I just think it might, after much debate within Woot HQ, be rejected and it could possibly be too late for the artist to come back with a resubmitted design that would get enough votes to print.

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

Some day, a giant rabbit will rise and take revenge for his fellow brothers from the evil fair magician.
5 colors over black shirt.
Detail:

Enjoy!

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
DianaSprinkle wrote:LOL well rabbits have a lot of movement to their ears but most of the time the one ear toward you with inner pink and one ear outer side showing is what you tend to see. I will note it though. Creative cartooning and all. =D

sadly i never had a pet rabbit to be able to notice that.... I just see them on here (too often)lol
but good luck with your design

megadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadog
DianaSprinkle wrote:LOL well rabbits have a lot of movement to their ears but most of the time the one ear toward you with inner pink and one ear outer side showing is what you tend to see. I will note it though. Creative cartooning and all. =D

sadly i never had a pet rabbit to be able to notice that....(only had hamsters and mice) I just see them on here (too often - rabbits that is - but i love yours)lol
but good luck with your design