neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Looking at the geographic distribution of where wooters have wooted for this shirt, I sense regional variations in the usage of "meh." The upper midwest and pacific northwest are significantly lighter blue, with the east coast much darker, than is typically found 20 minutes into Today's Woot.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
inflatablechair wrote:The "word" that is printed on this shirt is quite possibly the WORST by-product of the internet yet. It is the (very poor) approximation of the pronunciation of an utterance which I find really annoying. Pronouncing this "word" the way it is written creates a new utterance which is even more annoying than the original one. Fair warning: if you ever say "meh" to my face, I will punch you. And don't even think of wearing this shirt in my line of sight.



mikegberg


quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg
inflatablechair wrote:The "word" that is printed on this shirt is quite possibly the WORST by-product of the internet yet. It is the (very poor) approximation of the pronunciation of an utterance which I find really annoying. Pronouncing this "word" the way it is written creates a new utterance which is even more annoying than the original one. Fair warning: if you ever say "meh" to my face, I will punch you. And don't even think of wearing this shirt in my line of sight.



Well that's all the convincing I needed.

Last wooter to woot: mikegberg

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

joemail11


quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11

This shirt loses the spirit of the utterace by boldly proclaming "Meh" as opposed to the more timid (and therefore more appropriate) "meh." Unless MS Word autocorrects "meh," then, to preserve its apathetic meaning, it would be best to leave it "Meh."

sabru8


quality posts: 52 Private Messages sabru8
sabru8 wrote:ehh...



Just kidding, I'm in for one.

bluejester


quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

I figured it out, it's an acronym.

M.e.h.


Marginally

Effected

Huff

qbslide


quality posts: 0 Private Messages qbslide
neuropsychosocial wrote:Looking at the geographic distribution of where wooters have wooted for this shirt, I sense regional variations in the usage of "meh." The upper midwest and pacific northwest are significantly lighter blue, with the east coast much darker, than is typically found 20 minutes into Today's Woot.



Or it could be because at midnight EST when stuff gets posted on shirt.woot!, out west it's 9 PM. Thus maybe many people on the east coast are sleeping while those on the west coast are still awake and buying shirts.

smklung


quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung

i will now dub thee "worst seller"

MathUhhhSaurus


quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

Forget the highly demanded "dislike" button, "meh" button is way more useful! :]

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

karung


quality posts: 1 Private Messages karung

I give this shirt my highest rating: two thumbs right.

kotsu


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kotsu

:|

MathUhhhSaurus


quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
qbslide wrote:Or it could be because at midnight EST when stuff gets posted on shirt.woot!, out west it's 9 PM. Thus maybe many people on the east coast are sleeping while those on the west coast are still awake and buying shirts.



yup!...about to hit the hay now :] (1:36 am here now)

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

Session88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Session88

I approve. In for one.

MathUhhhSaurus


quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
joemail11 wrote:The position of the hand reminds me more of this.

It's a woman punching bread, so you don't actually need to see the clip.



She really "kneaded" a lot of dough for something.

Just like I knead this shirt

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
qbslide wrote:Or it could be because at midnight EST when stuff gets posted on shirt.woot!, out west it's 9 PM. Thus maybe many people on the east coast are sleeping while those on the west coast are still awake and buying shirts.



I noted that the geographic distribution is skewed upper-midwest/pacific northwest more than "is typically found 20 minutes into Today's Woot," which takes into account the time zones: I'm comparing this shirt to other shirts 20 minutes after they are posted. I live in the eastern time zone, get off work at 1AM, and usually go to bed around 2AM, so I check the sales distribution every day about the same time. And yes, I really do look at it every day - my job involves statistical calculations of regional cultures so I'm always interested.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

derkis


quality posts: 1 Private Messages derkis
inflatablechair wrote:The "word" that is printed on this shirt is quite possibly the WORST by-product of the internet yet. It is the (very poor) approximation of the pronunciation of an utterance which I find really annoying. Pronouncing this "word" the way it is written creates a new utterance which is even more annoying than the original one. Fair warning: if you ever say "meh" to my face, I will punch you. And don't even think of wearing this shirt in my line of sight.



No chance. While I don't care for 'meh', it's far less offensive than any derivative of 'newb', the now pervasive use of the word epic to inappropriately describe the commonplace, and just about every other instance meme-speak that has arisen in the past five years.

Edit: And I almost forgot, calling anyone who disagrees with you a 'hater' and 'u mad'. These are way worse than 'meh'.

NightGhost


quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

As a sedative-carrying member of PETI (People for the Ethical Treatment of Interjections), I must protest the way that poor, defenseless "meh" is depicted on this shirt. Meh, along with "pah" and "feh," selflessly devote themselves to making our language more colorful, while scrupulously avoiding the addition of an extra letter, solely in the interest of remaining clean. The artist may mean well, but by "giving the thumb" to a cute, harmless expression, he encourages the weaning of "meh" and its brethren to the trash heap of etymology.

Do a good deed today, and adopt an idiom for only pennies a week!

etripoli


quality posts: 18 Private Messages etripoli

I'm not buying this shirt - there's no telling where that thumb has been, butt I think I know where it's going.

NinjaStorm


quality posts: 1 Private Messages NinjaStorm

It's not a thumb. Its Quagmire wearing a blue hat.

Try unseeing it now!

Marcuslweger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marcuslweger
derkis wrote:No chance. While I don't care for 'meh', it's far less offensive than any derivative of 'hitchhiker', the now pervasive use of the word epic to inappropriately describe the commonplace, and just about every other instance meme-speak that has arisen in the past five years.

Edit: And I almost forgot, calling anyone who disagrees with you a 'hater' and 'u mad'. These are way worse than 'meh'. Also lol wordfilters.



Hate the player, not the game... Or wait, shouldn't that be... meh.

• ASCII Nightx2 / Acquired Taste/Audio Mythos/Willing to endure scientific research/Nevermore/Just The Two Of Us (one of each)/Night Owl/Cthulhu BBQ/DON’T stop to smell the roses!/Poe-etic
• Random x3 (9 shirts)
• +12 WooTs

flick75


quality posts: 0 Private Messages flick75

This probably describes my reaction to things pretty accurately.

Turc


quality posts: 12 Private Messages Turc

Meh, in for one.

jennyjames1229


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jennyjames1229

Would like to point out that the hand/fist is in fact upside down. Were this an actual representation of the thumbs in the middle (describing neither up nor down) you'll notice that the wrist in fact has to be below, not above, the fist when executing this move. Just in case you disagreed, I bet you're still testing this theory out right now...

jessica9432c


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jessica9432c

It wasn't like I was expecting a pi-day shirt or anything... whatever...

foxbite


quality posts: 13 Private Messages foxbite

All the creative designs out there and this is what gets printed?

It's a poor joke, another unnecessary Facebook homage, and it's already been done on just about every other t-shirt site. Where is the gorgeous koi fish shirt? I've been waiting for that one to pop up.

thejakeyl88


quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

This is how I feel about most of society, how generalized and muddy it has become. Muddied up meh emotions!

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

mystymaples


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mystymaples

My checkbook says "We're done with Woodland Creatures?!?", but my heart says "We're done with Woodland Creatures? I has a sad." This shirt is too snorg for me. Dislike.

I wish Twitter had a like button too, as well as dislike on FB.

mystymaples


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mystymaples

What about oy? Is oy safe around you? I'm not Jewish, but I like it for some reason. Just as I prefer zaftig to fat Didn't mean to quote the pic...and crap, you aren't the original poster of hatred towards meh... damn internet at 1:55 a.m.

bassanimation wrote:



margieq


quality posts: 0 Private Messages margieq

I've often wished that Netflix would add a "meh" rating between "liked it" and "didn't like it." Most movies fit nicely in the meh catagory.

Shinespark


quality posts: 31 Private Messages Shinespark
qbslide wrote:Or it could be because at midnight EST when stuff gets posted on shirt.woot!, out west it's 9 PM. Thus maybe many people on the east coast are sleeping while those on the west coast are still awake and buying shirts.


There are no states in the USA currently observing EST.

jel2301


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
jennyjames1229 wrote:Would like to point out that the hand/fist is in fact upside down. Were this an actual representation of the thumbs in the middle (describing neither up nor down) you'll notice that the wrist in fact has to be below, not above, the fist when executing this move. Just in case you disagreed, I bet you're still testing this theory out right now...



I don't see what you're saying. This image has the same wrist/thumb/hand setup as the Facebook version, except it's rotated clockwise 90 degrees. This works perfectly, so long as it's the right hand. If it were a left hand, then it'd be backwards and you'd have a basis for your complaint. Nothing against left-handers, it's just that it's modeled after the Facebook hand, which is a right hand.

jel2301


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
Shinespark wrote:There are no states in the USA currently observing EST.



I applaud you for being a ST/DT nerd like I am.

rasputin2012


quality posts: 3 Private Messages rasputin2012
jel2301 wrote:I don't see what you're saying. This image has the same wrist/thumb/hand setup as the Facebook version, except it's rotated clockwise 90 degrees. This works perfectly, so long as it's the right hand. If it were a left hand, then it'd be backwards and you'd have a basis for your complaint. Nothing against left-handers, it's just that it's modeled after the Facebook hand, which is a right hand.



Right hand is best hand!


Oh, btdubs, how quick is the shipping? I haven't ordered in a while and forgot. I'll be in different locations depending on whether it arrives this week or the next.

NameyMcName


quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
The "word" that is printed on this shirt is quite possibly the WORST by-product of the internet yet. It is the (very poor) approximation of the pronunciation of an utterance which I find really annoying. Pronouncing this "word" the way it is written creates a new utterance which is even more annoying than the original one. Fair warning: if you ever say "meh" to my face, I will punch you. And don't even think of wearing this shirt in my line of sight.



Meh, whatevs. smh.

derkis wrote:
Edit: And I almost forgot, calling anyone who disagrees with you a 'hater' and 'u mad'. These are way worse than 'meh'.



Sorry for partying.

goldenthorn


quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

rasputin2012 wrote:Right hand is best hand!


Oh, btdubs, how quick is the shipping? I haven't ordered in a while and forgot. I'll be in different locations depending on whether it arrives this week or the next.



Free shipping means give it a good couple of weeks. But free shipping also means no guarantee of time frame. If you need it at a specific location for a specific time frame, I really recommend shelling out the $5 for overnight shipping.

Radien


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Radien

I support the addition of this button, in the hopes that it will someday lead to a "Dislike" button, and perhaps one fine day, an "oh HELL no" button.

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

The legion of apathy will be quick to buy their new uniform. It's one of only two things that excites them.

The other one is napping.

tedzilla99


quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99

If you buy this shirt, do you get $1,000,000 Farmville cash as a side deal?

equazcion


quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion
tjsynkral wrote:It's a perfectly cromulent word.



Ha

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

dermah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dermah
Your order number -------- for 1 Meh has been received by Woot on 3/14/2011



That's some good customer service right there.