RadicalPrefect

quality posts: 4 Private Messages RadicalPrefect
inflatablechair wrote:The "word" that is printed on this shirt is quite possibly the WORST by-product of the internet yet. It is the (very poor) approximation of the pronunciation of an utterance which I find really annoying. Pronouncing this "word" the way it is written creates a new utterance which is even more annoying than the original one. Fair warning: if you ever say "meh" to my face, I will punch you. And don't even think of wearing this shirt in my line of sight.

"Meh" predates the internet. Or at least predates the meme, depending on how you want to qualify the "beginning" of the internet.

Of course, some people speculate it being a Yiddish interjection, which I can't comment on, but would make it definitely older than the internet.

spindel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spindel

What is the fabric content? What is the weight of the fabric (light, medium, heavy)?

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ

Still single, can't imagine why.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Finally! A gray area!

deezil

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deezil

For me and my friends, meh has a numerical value of 3.4 on a 10 scale. Why 3.4? No one knows.

I've bought lots of woots. I don't need to e-peen it up in my signature.

spcyhknBC

quality posts: 6 Private Messages spcyhknBC

The real question is how many people are going to try and push the button every time you wear this shirt?

bamaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bamaster

Boughten one.

iamjessica

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iamjessica

I really kind of want one but the capitalized M is killing it for some reason.

I poop while I Woot.

logophile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages logophile
inflatablechair wrote:The "word" that is printed on this shirt is quite possibly the WORST by-product of the internet yet. It is the (very poor) approximation of the pronunciation of an utterance which I find really annoying. Pronouncing this "word" the way it is written creates a new utterance which is even more annoying than the original one. Fair warning: if you ever say "meh" to my face, I will punch you. And don't even think of wearing this shirt in my line of sight.

I hereby nominate you as King of the Dorks.

drp1103

quality posts: 3 Private Messages drp1103

Apparently there is a cure for apathy - inflatablechair face punches!

jennyjames1229

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jennyjames1229
jel2301 wrote:I don't see what you're saying. This image has the same wrist/thumb/hand setup as the Facebook version, except it's rotated clockwise 90 degrees. This works perfectly, so long as it's the right hand. If it were a left hand, then it'd be backwards and you'd have a basis for your complaint. Nothing against left-handers, it's just that it's modeled after the Facebook hand, which is a right hand.

This has nothing to do with right/left handedness. The facebook thumb is in the correct position in regards to its wrist placement. Look at the wrist placement in the "meh" shirt. The wrist is clearly above the hand giving it what another poster described as "kneading bread." If one actually did a thumbs to the side position in real life, and did it with their wrist above their fist, they would find it awkward and odd. Putting your fist above your wrist with elbows in at your side, you'll find it's the natural position for the "meh" side thumb position, regardless of which side the thumb is pointing.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
rasputin2012 wrote:Right hand is best hand!

Depends on how lonely you are.

8ate8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8ate8
jennyjames1229 wrote:This has nothing to do with right/left handedness. The facebook thumb is in the correct position in regards to its wrist placement. Look at the wrist placement in the "meh" shirt. The wrist is clearly above the hand giving it what another poster described as "kneading bread." If one actually did a thumbs to the side position in real life, and did it with their wrist above their fist, they would find it awkward and odd. Putting your fist above your wrist with elbows in at your side, you'll find it's the natural position for the "meh" side thumb position, regardless of which side the thumb is pointing.

Well then it would be a 'hitchhiker' shirt and not a 'meh' shirt. Go over analyze something useful.

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice

well, crabpt... in the time it took me to read these comments, it sold out. Now I have to wait until tomorrow. Meh.

Where's the crap?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Look at the mad rush to buy an apathy shirt. :D

It's a little paradoxical, reminds me of that scene in The Life of Brian:

Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!

The Crowd: Yes! We're all individuals!

Brian: You're all different!

The Crowd: Yes, we ARE all different!

misanthropoid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misanthropoid

Meh is a fairly appropriate response to an apparent attempt at a Cyrano de Bergerac/Easter Island mashup.

Once you've seen it...

shanedonnelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shanedonnelly

And we are all reminded of Lisa's famous quote from The Simpsons: "M-E-H. Meh."

kennydjr83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennydjr83

Sold out? Seems like a scam to make more money off of it during the reckoning. I call shenanigans.

spcyhknBC

kennydjr83 wrote:Sold out? Seems like a scam to make more money off of it during the reckoning. I call shenanigans.

Isn't it the same price?

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

Meh. Fair warning, I will continue not giving a sh*t about your lack of life outside of internet whining.

ferfong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferfong
NinjaStorm wrote:It's not a thumb. Its Quagmire wearing a blue hat.

Try unseeing it now!

GAH! What has been seen, cannot be unseen.......................

Giggity!

Check out JAKKL, Inc.'s Android apps!

spcyhknBC

thumperchick wrote:Nope. After today the shirt will be $15.

And today it's $10 + $5 for shipping = $15 total

Buying it in reckoning is $15 (free shipping) So, isn't that the same price?

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice
spcyhknBC wrote:And today it's $10 + $5 for shipping = $15 total

Nope, 'cause today it was $10 + free standard shipping. Tomorrow, it's $15.00 + free standard shipping.

I dont think it's shenanigans tho, 'cause they did sell 3000 of them. Some are just more apathetic than I am. or faster. or... oh, I dont care.

Where's the crap?

ferfong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferfong
spcyhknBC wrote:And today it's $10 + $5 for shipping = $15 total

No, Today it is $10 + free standard shipping [or $5 expedited].

So no, not the same. :D

Edit: whoops, too slow. lol

Check out JAKKL, Inc.'s Android apps!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
jennyjames1229 wrote:This has nothing to do with right/left handedness. The facebook thumb is in the correct position in regards to its wrist placement. Look at the wrist placement in the "meh" shirt. The wrist is clearly above the hand giving it what another poster described as "kneading bread." If one actually did a thumbs to the side position in real life, and did it with their wrist above their fist, they would find it awkward and odd. Putting your fist above your wrist with elbows in at your side, you'll find it's the natural position for the "meh" side thumb position, regardless of which side the thumb is pointing.

Considering that this is a shirt that expresses apathy I think you're wrong. Putting your hand up in the air requires far too much effort, I'd rather let it hang loosely by my side. And the the wrist would be above my hand.

theclubber

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theclubber

Ok, seriously now, I made a post on Facebook about having a 'Meh' button. Next day it was removed. I saw "The Social Network," I know how Zuckerberg operates. He took it down and is now making some codes or whatever to install the 'meh' button, stealing it for himself. Zuckerbeeeeeeeeerg!

Mekora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mekora

Totally wish I had stayed up to see that this was today's shirt. I would have paid $10 for it, but I don't wanna pay $15. Oh well, sucks for me.

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj

Wow, sold out around 11. I'm surprised. Guess there's no accounting for taste :p

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

hahahaha.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

terminatorgir

quality posts: 9 Private Messages terminatorgir

...sold out....NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

also I couldn't help but notice that by wearing it it would kind of look like that was the only option for rating myself...

I like dots apparently in this comment.

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

Ahh pop culture references, of course you'll sell out to the trendy.

shawnabear13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawnabear13

I'm trying to decide if I care enough to be upset that it's sold out and I didn't get one. Meh.

vortexsam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vortexsam

Technically, the thumb should be pointing into the plane of the shirt (right-handed) or pointing out of the plane of the shirt (left-handed), if we consider that the "meh" position is a comfortable 90 degree rotation of the "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" position, in which the axis of rotation is along the forearm, and if we maintain the original perspective of the viewer used to observe the facebook "Like" icon.

danerlu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danerlu

I'm not apathetic, I just don't like to commit... Question: "Did you have a good weekend?" Me: "Meh,it was okay."

madddchad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madddchad

What an awesome shirt!!!

kaywhy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaywhy

whenever i see something meh, i give just a thumb. not a thumbs up, a thumb.

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan

I know this isn't the place to ask but i'm lost... is there a way to look up an authors work? I know several talented artists have several shirt designs, and I'd like to search shirts by author.

renkenr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages renkenr

I shall return to buy this tomorrow.

Well done on the sell out.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
CVBrennan wrote:I know this isn't the place to ask but i'm lost... is there a way to look up an authors work? I know several talented artists have several shirt designs, and I'd like to search shirts by author.

This is just for derby entries:

derby artist archive