+ Add a Comment

WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Three New Laws

A new set of laws for robots to save the world.

Here's what it might look like with the metallic silver ink. I used the 'solid gelt' metallic sample from the pre-derby thread:

uniique

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: Robo Hero

6 colors, which includes metallic.
Metallic silver for the inner blade.

-------------------------------------

When one looks back upon the Age of Robots, one is drawn to reflect upon one of the last entries in the Eschelon Nine data archives, still yet active in the Flux of Time Museum. The passage follows:

Robo-2814-xG: What do the official annuals say the inscriptions on the sword signify?

Robo-3841-xM: Ah, many have speculated upon the inscription. Many prominent scholars of the digi-plains of Korvel believe it to be the archaic runework of the Invisible Folk, a speechless race that spelled the earth before even the time of Man and his great cities. Others claim it to be the elemental language of Metal, imbibing the blade with a supernatural edge and strength. The latter theory surrounds the intilibots of Skyfell with suspicion, suggesting that they themselves forged the blade, plotting the downfall of our timeless robot civiliation. I, myself, believe the contrary. I believe the blade to be divine, gifted to the wielder, Domo Ari Gato Mr. Roboto, the Savior and Protector of us all, who even now repels the alien hordes. But here I've rambled on again. To address your query, as to what it says... I'm sorry, 3841-xM, but no-one knows. Do you have data? *BeeP*

Robo-2814-xG: 3841-xM, I have cross referenced the inscription with a new finding from the ruins of Xowoot. I am certain it reads something along the lines of, "Flesh or steel, may the vessel that holds this metal always have heart." It is a very efficient language, that of the Invisible Folk.

Robo-3841-xM: I will herald this important data to the Halls of Eschelon Nine. Your service to the core is *BeeP* honorable.

Robo-2814-xG: I currently serve in Sector 2814. Contact if my service is required.

patrickspens

quality posts: 8 Private Messages patrickspens
Re: Fate of the Planet

Here is slightly larger version, you'll have to open it in a new tab to see it fully. Enjoy!

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Rotation

The Earth just needed a few more joules.

Thanks EVERYONE that helped me out with this one--there were a lot of you and I really really appreciate it!

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger
Re: space is dangerous!

saturn is a jerk.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: So stubborn

People are very stubborn, instead of trying use and develop clean sources of power, they created a fleet of pollution capturing robots to save our planet.

A few detailed shots.

sillykris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sillykris
Re: Out of Harm’s Way

You say "Robots saving the world!", I can't help it-- I immediately think of saving innocent cityscapes from rampaging mutant critters.

Would love any and all critiques-- I have so much to learn about design!

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: Virus vs. The Machine

B.E.V.E. (Biological, electronic virus eliminator) has a huge responsibility on his metallic shoulders. His job description is to get rid of every single disease-causing virus in the world. Sounds like an impossible task. Not so for B.E.V.E. With his organic drug, he fuels his bug-eradicator gun (and his own system) and earnestly gets down to work. Did I mention that the drug is renewable? It is made from all the exterminated bugs at the end of a hard day’s work!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Don't Look Back, I've Got You

Don't Look Back, I've Got You.

noblehappenstance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noblehappenstance
Re: United Robotic Nations

In society's darkest hour, we must rely on the United Robotic Nations to assemble for diplomatic, round table discussion to adress key concerns plaguing the world such as the responsible use and management of non renewable resources. and the economy. and war and stuff. They are our only hope

Rake This![/url]

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: Atlus and Leto: The New Titans

In Greek mythology Atlas held up the Heavens and Leto birthed Apollo, god of the sun. In my version it works similarly, only Leto has a Plasma gun that is as hot as the sun...same thing right? Invaders beware, two towering Titans guard this Earth.

leesalogic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leesalogic

Your mutant is adorable!!

sillykris

patrickspens wrote:Here is slightly larger version, you'll have to open it in a new tab to see it fully. Enjoy!

Absolutely gorgeous! I absolutely love where you take each derby.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Robot saves world!

My literal take on the theme.

Nothing follows.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

TonyGreyfox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TonyGreyfox
uniique wrote:6 colors, which includes metallic.

When one looks back upon the Age of Robots, one is drawn to reflect upon one of the last entries in the Eschelon Nine data archives, still yet active in the Flux of Time Museum. The passage follows:

Robo-2814-xG: But what do the inscriptions on the sword signify?

Robo-3841-xM: Ah, many have speculated upon the inscription. Many prominent scholars of the digi-plains of Korvel believe it to be the archaic runework of the Invisible Folk, a speechless race that spelled the earth before even the time of Man and his great cities. Others claim it to be the elemental language of Metal, imbibing the blade with a supernatural edge and strength. The latter theory surrounds the intilibots of Skyfell with suspicion, suggesting that they themselves forged the blade, plotting the downfall of our timeless robot civiliation. I, myself, believe the contrary. I believe the blade to be divine, gifted to the wielder, Domo Ari Gato Mr. Roboto, the Savior and Protector of us all, who even now repels the alien hordes. But here I've rambled on again. To address your query, as to what it says... I'm sorry, 3841-xM, but no-one knows. Do you have data? *BeeP*

Robo-2814-xG: 3841-xM, I have cross referenced the inscription with a new finding from the ruins of Xowoot. I am certain it reads something along the lines of, "Flesh or steel, may the vessel that holds this metal always have heart." It is a very efficient language, that of the Invisible Folk.

Robo-3841-xM: I will herald this important data to the Halls of Eschelon Nine. Your service to the core is *BeeP* honorable.

Robo-2814-xG: I currently serve in Sector 2814. Contact if my service is required.

A giant robot on a metal unicorn with a flaming sword. You fool! Don't you know how close this is to critical mass of true win?

Wow.

perryn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perryn
Re: MOVE OUT!

Awesome job Kasey. As always.

sillykris

uniique wrote:6 colors, which includes metallic.

Robo-2814-xG: But what do the inscriptions on the sword signify?

Nice job! Metal is a tricky surface to capture, especially with only 6 colors. Fantastic composition.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Misguided Robots Attempt to Save the World

Jatravartid Liberal Robots.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: MOVE OUT!

Here is a larger version and shows where the silver ink will be applied! hope you guys dig it!!!!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Kaiju Koroshiya

Earths best Monster Killer!

Check the LARGER version!

kungfumanchu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kungfumanchu
Re: Saving the world one grandma at a time

Is a Mech considered a robot?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

yessssssssss.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: OIL

When the battles are all over, robots dont stop saving the world.

Check the LARGER version!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Ha! Adorable:D

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Rotation

The Earth just needed a few more joules.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this one--there were a lot of you and I REALLY appreciate it!

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Alien Vs Robot

Alien invasion sized thanks to the pre-derby board folks who helped me refine this design, especially Paige for the robust encouragement, and Meg for the very specific tweaks. You all rock.

And, yeah, the photos are all mine. I snapped a bunch of reference photos in Memphis one time, and I used components of them for the city you see here. So if Memphis ever gets invaded and a giant robot tries to save the day, I called it.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: Reconsidering the Robocalypse

Awesome work nick perry!!!

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: Veteran of the Robot Cockroach War

Homeless Vet of the Great Man vs Cockroach war. Paris fell on day 2. Detroit, the motherland of the roach forces, had been able to ship out most of its resources to Seatle before it was overwhelmed on day 6. In the 18th year of the war, the state of Microsoftopia released its first robot sentries. By destroying Taco Bells, they were able to drive back the onslaught until the I-Robots were finally out of their beta stage. Although slower and frustrating to deal with, (Many Radio Shacks were destroyed due to their autocorrect feature) these robots looked sleek in their black turtleneck uniforms. Combining forces with the Microsoftopian robots and the remaining humans, the last of the cockroaches were forced into signing a treaty, which designated Quebec as their home land.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
rogerrogerroger wrote:saturn is a jerk.

Thanks for supplying laughs during this slow Friday afternoon! GMV... is this on navy? I can never tell with navy... so I guess it must be.

~Tico

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Big Gentleman

With his sabre, musket and polished brass gauntlets of justice The Big Gentleman battles eldritch horrors. Thanks goodness he's on our side.

::salute!::

PLEASE click this \\\BIG VERSION/// to get a full sense of the detailing. This is a six color design on navy.

Thank you for looking! Vote if you don't want to be eaten by Cthulhu, I mean, please vote if you like this design.
---Spiritgreen

vgpclife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vgpclife

So because the robot is flying parallel with jets, its some how saving the world?

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: Angry Bots Save the Day

Sometimes you just gotta send in the bots.

Teewana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teewana

After looking at today's winner I was wondering how you get so much dynamic color with such a small pallet. This one just doesn't seem possible, amazing work, as always.

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
Re: Robo Hero

This is pretty cool but I don't really see the "saving the world" part... Maybe you could at least add the earth in the background?

~Tico

vgpclife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vgpclife

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey
Re: The Binary League: Defending the Earth Since 1907

A League of Extraordinary Automata

Here we see the founding members of The Binary League, set up in the early years of the twentieth century to defend the Earth against the approaching extra-terrestrial menace. From left to right: Cranius 40,000, the whizz-kid; Marie d'Argent, famed aviatrix; Colonel Cole, fastest gun in the Punjab; Sir Titanius Cogg, inventor and benefactor ; Hank Steele, hardened veteran; Mr Kanatako, the metal octopus; and The Whirling Dervish, Eastern assassin. Detail pics to follow