j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
alfbo wrote:Because an artist could have multiple accounts that have purchased one or more woot items, and could use each of those accounts to log one vote for their own shirt design.

You missed my point (actually 2 points)

1st: Web Statistics and IP logging reveal tons of information about site activity. It would be trivial to identify multiple accounts, even those using anonymizers.

2nd: If a design places first in the derby, then proceeds to sell out, did it make a sound....wait....I mean were the votes not legitimate?

move along

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
j5 wrote:You missed my point (actually 2 points)

1st: Web Statistics and IP logging reveal tons of information about site activity. It would be trivial to identify multiple accounts, even those using anonymizers.

2nd: If a design places first in the derby, then proceeds to sell out, did it make a sound....wait....I mean were the votes not legitimate?

Point #1. Even though that's possible, I doubt Shirt.Woot is doing this.

Point #2. What if the design doesn't sell out? Either way, it's still cheating.

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.