dferrantino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dferrantino

I'm guessing the trademark lawyers would have a fit if it said "That's All Folks!", huh?

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
woottoady wrote:Is this shirt PETA approved?

In fact, it isn't.

As a non-card carrying member of PETA I nonetheless find this shirt offensive. Please remember that animals are not ours for use in entertainment, experiments, or to eat. How would you like it if you were a famous pig and people joked about pumping you full of lead? I doubt you'd think it was funny. Pigs, like all animals, have a brain and a central nervous system. They feel fear, pain, sadness and other emotions, just like you and me. Please don't buy this shirt, it's just downright offensive to the poor celebrity pigs out there.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

rasputin2012

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rasputin2012

I wish shirt.woot could do mockups of the shirts. I remember they had some for that BigFootSasquatch disaster of a shirt.

Will likely get this if it's still up after work, that's my rule.
:P

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5

So, is the whole joke of this shirt, "porky pig got shot"? Or is there something actually funny going on that I'm not seeing.

I seriously want to know, I feel like I've got to be missing something.

h0odlamdroid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h0odlamdroid
Assassin15 wrote:In fact, it isn't.

As a non-card carrying member of PETA I nonetheless find this shirt offensive. Please remember that animals are not ours for use in entertainment, experiments, or to eat. How would you like it if you were a famous pig and people joked about pumping you full of lead? I doubt you'd think it was funny. Pigs, like all animals, have a brain and a central nervous system. They feel fear, pain, sadness and other emotions, just like you and me. Please don't buy this shirt, it's just downright offensive to the poor celebrity pigs out there.

Pigs are magical animals.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Johndis5 wrote:So, is the whole joke of this shirt, "porky pig got shot"? Or is there something actually funny going on that I'm not seeing.

I seriously want to know, I feel like I've got to be missing something.

Well, see, Porky Pig always said "That's All Folks" at the end of Looney Tunes episodes, right? And when he gets shot, that really is all, folks! Make more sense now? Not so much?

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

This shirt got a mention on Cartoon Brew!

Johndis5

Assassin15 wrote:Well, see, Porky Pig always said "That's All Folks" at the end of Looney Tunes episodes, right? And when he gets shot, that really is all, folks! Make more sense now? Not so much?

Yeah, I got all of that. I guess it's just not my cup of tea when it comes to humor. Carry on.

Johndis5

asunburst wrote:I hate this shirt! I Have bought hundreds of woot tee's but they are becoming ugly and with violence in them all now. I have stopped buying them.
I loved the ones like Got Milk, Peanut Butter & Jellyfish Sandwich, the grilled cheese one, and the cute colorful ones. They are few and far between. You can sure see the Korean and Japanese influance in them now. They love violence in their humor. But I believe woot sold their stock to they which is you. Right?
Barbara

Finally someone else has noticed how woot has shunned cute in favor of Asian inspired violence. I knew it wasn't just me.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Johndis5 wrote:Finally someone else has noticed how woot has shunned cute in favor of Asian inspired violence. I knew it wasn't just me.

Perhaps you'd care to elaborate on what "Asian inspired violence" means or what shirts in particular fit that category and have been flooding the Woot market lately. Genuinely curious...

movie2cats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages movie2cats

I for one appreciate a little dark humor. I love my Woot shirts, but we can only take so much in regards to cute pandas and penguins. Sometimes the pig just has to take the bullet. N41!

doodahbtfcc13

quality posts: 20 Private Messages doodahbtfcc13

Why did it take so many shots to kill a pig standing in a circle?
It's not like he had anywhere to go!

allenjpl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allenjpl
renkenr wrote:Seriously. The shot groups are all off. You have a grouping in the upper right. The rest of the shot patterns appear to be verticle (up and down) not horizontal (left to right).

With the price of ammunition these days, someone needs to hit the range again.

In the end, it's all okay because bacon rules!

"This isn't knitting. It doesn't have to be neat." Dutch Schultz, Billy Bathgate

Actually, it looks like several strafing lines. You just can't see the ones in the center because of the black circle.

ookiimamoru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ookiimamoru
bluejester wrote:Duck Season!

Wabbit Season!

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung

Doesn't Porky say "that's all folks!" and not fin?

scatterling

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scatterling

A black & white film noir version would have been very apt.

Still, couldn't resist getting one!

jimmyJAKE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimmyJAKE
sparrowhawk69 wrote:the $5 Gawker CHANGEYOURPASSWORD code expires today. Wish I hadn't used mine.

thanks sparrow! I never check my emails; didn't know about this

Phinehasfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Phinehasfan
braktheitalian wrote:On an unrelated note, the Lenovo advertisements have totally ruined this site for me at the moment. I love wooting shirts. I have nothing against lenovo. But, in Safari, the lenovo advertisement is on a higher layer than the shirt graphic enlargement. As a result, I can never see the fully enlarged graphic by just clicking on it once. Definitely a drag.

Mods of woot, please fix this. I want to want to buy more shirts.

Use a decent browser and you won't have this problem...

orphic05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orphic05

Who killed Porky Pig? Who?!?!?!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Johndis5 wrote:Yeah, I got all of that. I guess it's just not my cup of tea when it comes to humor. Carry on.

I think it also has some influence from the French noir tragedies (you know, where everyone is dead at the end). But as those movies aren't my thing I can't say for sure.

wrwine3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wrwine3

Anyone think this just might be the final shirt and that shirt.woot may close for good at midnight?

Nah, didn't think so. Not even they have such a twisted sense of humor. Or do they?

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

CONGRATS David!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
tgentry wrote:Perhaps you'd care to elaborate on what "Asian inspired violence" means or what shirts in particular fit that category and have been flooding the Woot market lately.

Clearly, it's a reference to the recent proliferation of panda shirts. "Odd Bear Out," "Just a Little Paint," and "Bearloons" all star protagonists who wearing expressions of what one might expect if someone kicked their puppy. Hence, "Asian [animals whose expressions appear] inspired [by] violence."

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

marthajones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marthajones

I gave in...

I had to have it...!

I cooked a ham today, so I figured...I might as well go all the way! LOL!

LIZ 10:“I’m the bloody Queen, mate. Basically, I rule.”--Dr.Who

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
tgentry wrote:This shirt got a mention on Cartoon Brew!

Cartoon Brew rules. I figured they might mention this. In fact, I'm surprised they didn't mention Monday's "Traveling on the Speed of Sound" too, since that'd be right up their alley.

protein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages protein

How di I buy this shirt lol. Sorry I'm new