quality posts: 0 Private Messages relax529
Re: Cassette Tapes

dear, maker of cassette tapes shirt.

i love you

-love, guy who loves you

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
Re: Cassette Tapes

I love this shirt! Why isn't it in the fog at least? People should have all instantly realized that there was no need to vote for other shirts, giving this shirt first, seconf, and third place.

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
ochopika wrote:This one's for all the geeks out there who know what this means :P

I get it! Personally I like to think of them as waves And only sometimes as particles!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

anidi79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anidi79
Re: Orange Juice

My husband and I lol'd super hard at this....

:D If we could vote a thousand times we would.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

sanmarin0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanmarin0
awcoburn wrote:Funny idea. It looks like the background might be a gradient, or maybe that's just how it looks on my computer.

Thanks, and yeah its a gradient. I thought it would be a good backdrop.

Sobbid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sobbid
Re: The Delicious Truth

I might be mistaken but I feel like Gummy Bears is a specific brand

wanderlane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wanderlane
Re: I Say There, Old Chum!

Alright, this one is six thousand times more awesome than my other one, which is right here.

evilaelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilaelf
Re: Do something Jatravartid today (Resub with a purpose)

I can not read what that says, even with the title telling me what it says.

neeznoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neeznoodle
Re: Cats Rule

This is take two on this design. My daughter did the drawing, but not the original slogan. This slogan, however, has been a favorite of hers for at least a year, so I decided to resubmit with this slogan.

magena62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magena62
Re: Sock Friends

Love me some socks...

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
DoublEE wrote:I like the concept but honestly I can't see myself wearing something that says, "We beat the meat."

Yeah, veggies aren't for everyone. LOL. Woot On!

deiden26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deiden26
Re: They Always Have Your Back

The artwork isn't the best, but the slogan is just too good for words.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Veggies - We Beat The Meat

This is one of those that I wish I had come up with, Spot on. The Broccoli afro and the style is timeless! It's fresh, yet retro. Love it, *VOTE*

brUno

thedisenfranchised

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedisenfranchised
Re: Scissors: More Fun When You Run!

This deserve a print on the strength of the slogan alone; only one I've seen that made me laugh aloud.

blinddog3d

Re: Taco it's spanish for taco

You have to read it like Mencia. I kept saying this all day, today!

VOTE!
brUno

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

artbreaker wrote:I get it! Personally I like to think of them as waves And only sometimes as particles!

yea it depends on if you feel like surfing or not. *Ochopika uses really cheesy joke*

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
timelessblur wrote:you can never go wrong with beer

so true =]

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                           (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

thedisenfranchised

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedisenfranchised
Re: Crowbar - Your new best friend

Got to love a HL reference, although the price tag seems a little thrown-on and unnecessary to me. Still, you'd get my vote if I had one to give.

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
Johndis5 wrote: I will never vote for no matter how well executed they are:
Zombies/Ninjas/Pirates

Is mine considered Ninja? I was looking for karate.... Just curious.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Armagedon wrote:This is a public service that people can and do use every day.
A tiger provides no service to most (if any) people.

I see absolutely no connection between the two designs that you are comparing.

Isn't it odd how you accidentally left out exactly what the rejector said just so it would fit your own argument?
"Off topic - Not seeing tigers an everyday product/object/thing"

let me clarify even further. Its not generic and not tangible. This design refers to wikipedia and that's it. its not generic only in using generic terms to describe it but its not a tangible product/object/thing.

plus as od-roc mentioned gradients are being used in comp and detail not halftones as rules describe.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: The Delicious Truth

Bravo to you Ramy on another fogged design and your loyal fans who have pushed it to the fog again. They sure love your stuff. My only crit on the art is that they appear to be more gummi hamsters than bears. Would have love more done with the bg but still very colorful and cute which your fans love!

also, how do you market or advertise your designs? would love to know. pm me about it if you don't want to post in this thread.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 37 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Johndis5 wrote:This is genius! +1

Thanks! Hopefully others will see my obvious genius as well and appreciate it with a vote. :D

deiden26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deiden26
Re: Xtremely Refreshing Water ... in a bottle

I vote for putting it on a red shirt

k8edid3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k8edid3
colourcraze wrote:I think it'd work better without the hands, personally.

agreed. no hands would get a definite vote from this compulsive handwasher and hand sanitizer user.

dbremneria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbremneria

Black & Grey on Kelly Green.
I know using only two colors is plain, I had the argyle pattern that is in the background on the shirt and played with the color scheme (blues, reds, white for a more metallic look for the clips) but in the end I liked the simple look.

I'm brand new to this shirt design thing, so I'm open to any suggestions/advice.

I've heard there are some fonts that shirt.woot isn't allowed to print so I played it safe and made a font of my own.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: Imaginary Friends

I really just wanted to make a shirt for this derby so I could use the expression "And how!" haha. Hope everyone likes this!

cobaltgrl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cobaltgrl

OK, I'm having a real hard time understanding why brains and photons could be products but nerds aren't.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Those Crazy Chipmunks

I think this one is so cute!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

bluejester

quality posts: 568 Private Messages bluejester
Re: Books - No Electricity Required

I need this. I had a friend who recently walked into a closing Borders and declared on his FB status that books/print was so over. Not all of us can afford a Kindle, nor does it have the same heft and awesomeness as an actual book.

GMV

sarahreebs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahreebs
Re: Glasses are overkill

I think this shirt would be better if it didn't say MONACLES across the top.... Let the product sell itself, man!

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
Re: Imaginary Friends

I understand why this got rejected but PLEASE resub in another derby where it fits!!! I want one!!!

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

jlegos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlegos

Thanks everyone who commented and voted!

fishbiscuit5 wrote:JLegos, where did you find that heather grey background? I've been looking for one that is up to woot's shirt comp standards. Thanks!

It is on the submission page. Here is the link http://files.woot.com/HeatherGray_Scaled.png

jlegos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlegos
midgerock wrote:let me clarify even further. Its not generic and not tangible. This design refers to wikipedia and that's it. its not generic only in using generic terms to describe it but its not a tangible product/object/thing.

plus as od-roc mentioned gradients are being used in comp and detail not halftones as rules describe.

There are no gradients in the design, only halftones, resized directly from my print file. They scaled down in a way that nicely simulates a gradient because the colors used are similar (white against light gray/blue). I'm glad the halftones are doing their job ;)

As for not being tangible product, I strongly disagree. Real life encyclopedias are a product, so there is no reason online encyclopedias can't be. If you take a look at the rejection notices, there are several products mentioned that would be allowed that don't have a physical form, such as a texting plan or internet service. An online encyclopedia is very much the same thing. And just because it is hinting at one in particular, the design does not use any brands and leaves it as generic as it can get with just "online encyclopedia."

facegrater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages facegrater
anidi79 wrote:My husband and I lol'd super hard at this....

:D If we could vote a thousand times we would.

Thank you. I'm surprised I don't have more votes. My fears of late is that people are not getting it

I'm glad some have though!

radharose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radharose
Re: Suspenders

Just a warning -- this design is likely to get rejected because the detail image doesn't match the comp; the text is diagonal and the clip in a different spot in the detail than it will be on the printed design. You can't show in the detail something that is different than the design that will be printed on the shirt. You might want to fix that and re-sub it.

blinddog3d

Re: hotcakes

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I think this is absolute genius, (wish I gave birth to it). Color choice is Sirius GPP!

I'm so sorry, but on beige with some browns would have been so vivid and alive, this just gets lost in the orange.

Love the "S!"
Mucho potential!
brUno

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
jlegos wrote:There are no gradients in the design, only halftones, resized directly from my print file. They scaled down in a way that nicely simulates a gradient because the colors used are similar (white against light gray/blue). I'm glad the halftones are doing their job ;)

As for not being tangible product, I strongly disagree. Real life encyclopedias are a product, so there is no reason online encyclopedias can't be. If you take a look at the rejection notices, there are several products mentioned that would be allowed that don't have a physical form, such as a texting plan or internet service. An online encyclopedia is very much the same thing. And just because it is hinting at one in particular, the design does not use any brands and leaves it as generic as it can get with just "online encyclopedia."

Here is the definition of the word product:
"an article or substance that is manufactured or refined for sale"

I think this is what midge is getting at. To me it's no different than saying shirt.woot! (the website itself) is a product.

There is a few other design in this derby that aren't really products too that have gone unreject, so maybe woot has a more broader vision of the word product... either that our they are too distracted rejecting zombie designs

aliciabeck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliciabeck
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Thanks! Hopefully others will see my obvious genius as well and appreciate it with a vote. :D

Made me laugh! Got my vote!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
sogj wrote:I understand why this got rejected but PLEASE resub in another derby where it fits!!! I want one!!!

I agree. Bring it back when you get a chance.

That lettering is extremely amazing!