mrsjamie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsjamie
Re: Punchbug

here are my suggestions... since I don't own a bug, I wouldn't buy this. But, if it said something like "Bug Cars: causing violence since ___" (whatever year they came out). I'd definitely buy one then! and, make your font more retro, like in the era of the first bug cars. I'd buy a dozen then!! I'm a youth leader and the kids would all love them!

enanok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enanok
Re: The Purrfect Accessory

I need this tshirt for my gf

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
Re: Taco it's spanish for taco

God damn, love this design... I'm disappointed in the voters. With this and Walmazan's design out of the fog I doubt I'll be buying anything this weekend.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
Re: The best contraceptive!

I'm so disappointed this is out of the fog... This is one of the few designs I would of bought. Bah!

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

BSD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BSD

I love this one. The mustache and tophat never ever fail to GMV.

designed2design

quality posts: 0 Private Messages designed2design
Re: Blood Slides

What to get for the Dexter who has everything... Love it!

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Puppies Love Treats!

Nobody likes my shirt.But my daughter likes it! She keeps saying, "I like it!" and she also said "I want one". Which to me was music to my ears.So, for her, I will keep trying!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
maddy2005 wrote:i LOVE this shirt... but i've never bought a pie chart, because it's not a product.

I'm glad you like it! As for the the on-topicness, I believe that this is on topic for the following reasons:

1: In many on the rejected entries the rejection reason is that it's not an everyday product/object/thing. Pie charts can definitely be tangible object/things. I think I can go as far as saying that they are object/things that some may wish to promote with a slogan so that they are used more often. Where might you buy said pie charts? Well, I haven't gone through the yellow pages, but it is not inconceivable that there are companies specializing in creating charts for business meetings and such. In fact I'm sure that there are places like that. In the pre-derby thread it was clarified that they need to be everyday products and not necessarily everyday purchases (I believe leaves was the example used). So even if you have never personally bought a pie chart, you could set up a shop that sells pie charts.

2: Pie is definitely a real product. (and the pie chart in the image is made of pie.)

sudoroo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sudoroo
Re: Higher than a kite

I don't get it--what's the product? The kite?

k8edid3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k8edid3
therabbit86ed wrote:Thank you for all the feedback. Please vote if you are OCD.

that would be me! glad you resubbed without the hands.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: Raisins Ruin Everything

My father loved raisin cookies. As a kid I hated them because I'd see a freshly baked plate of cookies with dark spots and think I'd hit the chocolate chip cookie goldmine only to find out instead it was lead. So voted.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: Raisins Ruin Everything

so true. GMV. HATE RAISINS!!!

rayray099

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rayray099
jmmbell1987 wrote:
I had no idea I was a raisin activist until today.

hahaha, same here.
awesome shirt, still.

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks
Re: That'll Be The Day

Nice! Well drawn, and funny. GMV.

If I was going to suggest an improvement I'd suggest coloring or shading the man a bit more. I know he's not the focus of the illustration, but he seems... ghostly? I don't know, just my $0.02.

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks
Re: Buy puppies, not kitties

BWAHAHAHahahah!!! I love it! Definitely voted.

megs1310

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megs1310

Six colors on cranberry

I'd love your comments! Hope you enjoy!

Re: Beware of Salmonella...

tjbeyerl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjbeyerl
blanked wrote:road rage kit is not already an existing thing (life is)

I think the product on that one is video game, not life.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: The Truth About Milk...

Wonderful homage to the classic comics. Well done.

coolestghoul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolestghoul
Re: The best contraceptive!

I was so sad that Gallows Humor didn't print. And now this one is teetering outside the fog? Sad day

Hopefully they do a re-sub derby soon.

weisa2007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weisa2007
Johndis5 wrote:This is genius! +1

I must own this... I work for an ice cream company!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Everybody Loves Bacon!

"A pig can eat through 2 pounds of uncooked meat and bone every minute, hence the saying, 'Greedy as a Pig!' So beware of anyone who keeps alot o' piggies, cuz take yor weight, cut it in half, and that's how long it takes you to disappear, m'friend"
--Bricktop (from "Snatch")

They do love BACON! Salty, yummy in my tummy BACON! Every-frickin'-Day I start with bacon.
My nephew (11), that, PB&J, and Mac&Cheez iz all he eats!

I see lots of great ideas and art in this derby!
L8r,
brUno

blinddog3d

That's not fair, All of us are OCD! You can't use a disorder to WIN. No special treatment...

JFYI, My wife thought the "Detail Thumb" of the 1st one was it, just the nozzle and fingers.

I do Aikido and we put our hands in each others face and on the mat for 3 hours, we have the "60 oz" size.
brUno

blinddog3d

...and I voted. I like the "Product Only" without the hands. It's so generic it's adorable. Like the "Gel" effect, well done.

+1

brUno

blinddog3d

Re: hotcakes

I'm glad this is doing well, just genius!
brUno

x3xleggedxninja

quality posts: 3 Private Messages x3xleggedxninja
microwave_safe wrote:The shirt is playing on the idea that even though they look scared, they're faking it and want to be eaten...

Makes no sense.

blinddog3d

Re: Believe

I just love it for the "Office Space" nod, love the "Swingline" font on Stapler! Righteous!

Stephen Root ROX!
+1
brUno

blinddog3d

Re: safety is priority one

It should be, "Easier to remember than 'H E R' name." or "her phone number."

brUno

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Feed Your OCD? - Version 3

>.>

<.<

*giggles maniacally*

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
Re: The Delicious Truth

I liked this the first time when CrescentDebris did it.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
Re: TOWELS

Love the r. crumb styling, Meg. Nice work. And I'm glad to hear you liked Rubber! I really wanna see it, partly because it's such a strange concept, and partly because I'm a sucker for Olly Moss's brilliantly simple poster design:

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
x3xleggedxninja wrote:Makes no sense.

Think about it this way- if you want to eat the gummy bears, you will make yourself believe the slogan despite overwhelming evidence for the contrary. They are so good that you are willing to believe anything because you can't get enough. You tell yourself that they want to be eaten and then feel good about yourself instead of thinking about the horror of biting their heads off.

zekecatz

quality posts: 193 Private Messages zekecatz
llandar wrote:I liked this the first time when CrescentDebris did it.

Do you mean
Gummistone Park?

mrd37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrd37
vorteks wrote:Nice! Well drawn, and funny. GMV.

If I was going to suggest an improvement I'd suggest coloring or shading the man a bit more. I know he's not the focus of the illustration, but he seems... ghostly? I don't know, just my $0.02.

Thanks for your suggestions. I agree that more shading would be good. It was getting late last night and I really wanted to finish, haha.

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy

They're shaped exactly like the bunnies he draws, with different ears. The only one resembling a gummy bear is the headless one. Why do the gummy bears have white eyes? Are these tiny hard candies inserted into them? What vague expression these bears are giving doesn't seem to show that they want to be eaten. The shirt would have worked better if they were happy instead of scared.

mlshanks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlshanks

Sorry, I never wear clips...
Button suspenders are the classic.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 7 Private Messages cdrewlow
Geethatsgr8 wrote:Same with Actions. Always thinking they speak louder than Words.

Jatravartid actions.

djtheatre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtheatre
Re: d20: All Natural, Baby!

I truly love the nerdiness of this shirt. I however have never played D&D so I'd feel weird wearing it.

colourcraze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colourcraze

goodlifegardens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goodlifegardens

I'm on the county library Board of Trustees. Have my email list ready to send out if this makes it. Already mentioned it to two of our librarians and they are ready to buy. I think this one will bring in a lot of first timers as the word spreads---ironically it will spread electronically.

cobaltgrl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cobaltgrl
truffleshuffle wrote:Thanks! I tried to have fun with hand-drawn fonts this time I think the experiment went rather well if I do say so myself, hehe.

I think I confused the fine line between "abstract concept" (like love) and "thing" (like turtle). I wouldn't say imaginary friends are concepts, but they are indeed not tangible, so the rejection is fair. I will definitely try and re-submit this here or elsewhere. Thanks for your support everyone

I support too. Love the work, do some more!