lonelypond wrote:cute

"Bite the cute."
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruff! Grrrr.
(Shredded cutenes everywhere)

BlindDog3D
brUno

lonelypond

quality posts: 450 Private Messages lonelypond
lucky1988 wrote:lovely colors, his expression is great too.

yep

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Johndis5 wrote:The center.

this post needs to be added to the faq, stickied or at least get a quality post.

histamine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages histamine
Re: Books Redefined

The bigger picture:

lonelypond

Re: Puppies Love Treats!

But I want my sandwich ; ) Very cute.

lonelypond

Re: Frozen Pizza

It just looks like so much fun : )

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Armagedon wrote:If woot wanted it to be obvious that you must 'buy' the product, then they would have put it in the rules.
You may think that the rules obviously say that the product must be bought in a store, but I prefer not to put words in other people's mouths. If woot meant to say something, then they would have said it.

From the Derby write up:

It's weird to think that in today's world, just existing subjects you to a ceaseless bombardment of advertising, marketing gimmicks, and various ham-fisted attempts to convince you to buy junk. People will buy a t-shirt with a logo on it, essentially paying for the right to be walking billboards. So why not spread the capitalist spirit?

megsck

blinddog3d wrote:
When a entry gets "rejected," why don't people delete it? If they leave it in can we reject it, too?

Is there a policy on how many accounts you can vote from? It seems like some one could buy a dozen inexpensive items, each under a different email, and spike the votes to get exposure in "the new hottness." Then take them all back and spike it again in a few hours. Oops, didn't mean to give you any ideas...

Does stuff like this happen, is it frowned upon, or commonplace? Do people really get that this is for $1000 and bragging rights? Some of the art is suspect to me.

We'll see what's dry after the wash.
Cheers,
brUno

you can only delete your entry within the first 24 hours of submitting it, rejected or no.

woot says they monitor the voting system to make sure that no one is cheating.

megsck

cute! the bichon (sp?) reminds me of my doggy, i have a bedlington terrier.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
Re: The best contraceptive!

As always, Walmazan rocks it. Hope you get a print this weekend man. I love the happy thumbs up the guy gives, it makes the design for me.

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
chumpmagic wrote:Well, I hate to be a poopoo head, but isn't this in clear violation of the first rule?

"No copyrighted or trademarked product names. Seriously. Keep it generic"

Gummy bears are trademarked under different holders, and they are a very specific type of candy. Now, if it were just gummies or candy that would be gerenic enough, but this is capturing a very specific, trademarked product. I will admit, it does lack the words "gummy bears" in this design, but I think it is clear that's what this design is all about.

"gummi bears" are just another type of candy. It is not a trademarked name. It is a if the shirt was referencing "lollipops", being that there is no brand name there shouldn't be a problem..... i think.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Pretty damn funny. I would actually like it more without the "Electrical Outlets" text up top.

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
deadgoat wrote:I was thinking the same thing. Groups of critters reacting to one of their own in fear/shock/confusion/whatever is a pretty "popular" idea around here.

this is unfortunately true

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
jmmbell1987 wrote:Honestly, if the over-under on Boots prints this derby was 2.5, I'd seriously consider taking the over.

What the hell as gone wrong with this derby since I made this comment?

eventual7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eventual7
Re: Know Your Place, Egg!

Want this shirt so badly!!!! If it does not print please sell it on another website. Too funny. ^_^ +1

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
megsck wrote:you can only delete your entry within the first 24 hours of submitting it, rejected or no.

woot says they monitor the voting system to make sure that no one is cheating.

Thank you, that was informitive and concise.
brUno

eventual7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eventual7
Re: Books - No Electricity Required

I must have this shirt. I am a major advocate of reading the actual book not some electronic device. I don't want to stare at a screen I want the actual book. Awesome color choices and design. Bravo +1

blinddog3d

ward7299 wrote:This slogan is more fun if you say it in a deep, gravelly, movie-trailer-narrator voice :D

Like Dirty Harry! This is MY SHiRT! Woot!
+1
brUno

blinddog3d

eventual7 wrote:I must have this shirt. I am a major advocate of reading the actual book not some electronic device. I don't want to stare at a screen I want the actual book. Awesome color choices and design. Bravo +1

But the illustrations are so much better in vector maps!

Books on paper are as outdated as cassette and 8-track tapes! Tree killers needing to feed their own egos that something must die so they can have it forever. They collect dust and make you lick your fingers to turn the pages.
If ink goes on paper, it needs to be Japanese Kanji in haiku calligraphy. Get a Kindle, save a tree. It's the 21st century, Electronic is Eco. Fossill Fuel is already dead.

brUno

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
wootvan wrote:Does this copy THIS artwork?

Without the text, if the image stood alone, I would definitely say yes. With the text, I would say no because the text suggests consumption and not just mutilation. The text provides a slightly different concept.

___

And why are people still quoting my first comment here? That issue was cleared up almost instantly by the artist himself...

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Grapes: Juicy and Wrathful

sweet looking design!

lucky1988

Re: BRAIN TACOS

I've seen these before but never tried them. I usually get carne asada or canitas tacos. Excellent design! +1

lucky1988

Re: TOWELS

I've never seen the movie but I love the illustration, typography and design. +1

lucky1988

awesome illustration and style!

lucky1988

Re: Fancy Recycling

excellent work!

lucky1988

Re: Call Your Plumber

awesome stuff!

lucky1988

Re: Frozen Pizza

thanks lonelypond!

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
sTyLeS wrote:Dude, you have a fish on your head. That's messed up.

?

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Re: Raisins Ruin Everything

I feel so validated! I thought I was the only one that thought this. I love it!!!

qwasdfz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz
Johndis5 wrote:What's original? The color scheme and layout?
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=37124

Nope

How about the subject?
http://tshirtgroove.com/tag/coffee/

Hmm, not that either.

How incomplete and sloppy it is?
http://www.shirtwhat.com/archive_a.php?artist=ramyb&derby=&rejected=0&removed=0&sort=D

Strike three.... I give up.

Original for him. He may be copying somebody elses idea but at least hes not copying his own. And it's better then "cooler than you" anyway.

qwasdfz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz
Re: Call Your Plumber

Man I really want this shirt. Will someone please vote im begging you. Get off your ^%&%&% penguin fetish and vote for something new.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
chumpmagic wrote:
And why are people still quoting my first comment here? That issue was cleared up almost instantly by the artist himself...

Just like how republican governors caught having illicit extramarital affairs "clear that up themselves"

Always consider the source. I'd never trust BP to tell me the gulf is clean.

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 30 Private Messages Geethatsgr8
Re: The Purpose Driven Cat

Cute shirt!
But a cat's main purpose is to annoy us at the most inopportune times...like while we're trying to sleep. My cats are both "fixed" and are rather old (one will be 17 yrs old in July...that's 84 in cat years!). Yet, when anyone is trying to sleep they start that weird, loud, yowling meow. Like they're calling for someone. So annoying. That's the only purpose I can think of for cats. But I still love'em!

erinalex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erinalex

i like this a lot but the towel says hand towel to me rather than a big bath towel (with lots of stripes!)

AdderXYU

Tanapangarap wrote:No longer in the fog? Madness! Conspiracy! Murder!

1) Even in a modern society, mentioning sex at all is taboo. Pathetic but true.

2) Woot's customer base is INCREDIBLY conservative. The word contraceptive is a dirty word to them even more than a normal person. Saying it implies people should have sex, and that's morally wrong. God is the best contraceptive.

3) The rare concerned woot citizen for social rights has, in the past, been offended by a rooster wearing a feathered native american headdress, abe lincoln pulling a giraffe out of his hat, and an abstract art piece where some were insistent they saw a swastika. An intentional one. A shirt about contraceptives will not fly with such people. Look at Plan B, in the long long ago. People apparently stopped realizing that "plan b" was a concept before a contraceptive, and insisted that that was what the tee was about (instead of a clip-art cash in mocking the last week's winner, which was also a clip-art cash in).

4) A creative juxtaposition of product and slogan is never going to fly at a site whose last slogan contest gave us "Looks Like Carmen was in San Diego." Wooters want something they can easily show off and have the highest possible number of other people giggle. That requires obvious and preferably

5) It's well done. Self explanatory, but for context, how many Walmazan tees have sold well after winning, compared to how many walmazan tees haven't been well done?

This is simply not a place good things win. Be appalled, but shocked?

AdderXYU

* No copyrighted or trademarked product names. Seriously. Keep it generic.

* No using any existing slogan or part of an existing slogan for a different product. So your "Bananas: Just Do It" design will have to wait.

Arguably, this goes against both of these. This is not generic. It is a hitchhiker's guide reference. And by being a hitchhiker's reference, and even saying hitchhikers, it is therefore using existing content to promote the product. It's basically the equivalent of making a tee that says "Gloves: Cats love them!" and riding the inevitable Always Sunny references to potential glory.

"This week give us your best takes on updated, "hip," and new slogans for common, every day products." What is so hip or new about the same exact joke people have been making for decades after reading Adams? Not that I believe woot has a soul, but this piece totally tramples the soul of the theme, instead shoehorning itself in between the gaps in the letter of the theme.

Though to be fair, taking a well-known trope and simply illustrating it because it fits the theme DOES work with the whole "So why not spread the capitalist spirit?" part of the theme.

shigure1314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shigure1314
jbb04 wrote:Yikes. Good point. I'd change it but I'd hate to lose my huge fan base.

Yeah, it should say 4 chambers.

shigure1314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shigure1314
shigure1314 wrote:Yeah, it should say 4 chambers.

Nice concept though.

AdderXYU

blinddog3d wrote:But the illustrations are so much better in vector maps!

Books on paper are as outdated as cassette and 8-track tapes! Tree killers needing to feed their own egos that something must die so they can have it forever. They collect dust and make you lick your fingers to turn the pages.
If ink goes on paper, it needs to be Japanese Kanji in haiku calligraphy. Get a Kindle, save a tree. It's the 21st century, Electronic is Eco. Fossill Fuel is already dead.

brUno

If you lick your fingers to turn book pages, you're just disgusting. Most people can handle that without such an action.

I am all for kindles as A FORM of reading. Make it the way crap like James Patterson and Stephanie Meyer get published, so we can cut back on use of trees (though, even better, we could stop publishing them at all). Use it to lower the price of those massive textbooks kids need to buy for hundreds of dollars and then never use after class ends. But for most people who actually get a real passion out of literature, part of that is the interaction, the lendability, the experience of the book, the hunt for the perfect title. Oh, and the fact that if you happened to, I don't know, have a book stolen, you wouldn't potentially lose your whole library. But if kindles "kill" books, I will read older books from used stores. I will seek out self-publishers who still care about the medium (a book is just as much art as any other art). The kindle is more than anything a tool of overconsumption. It will signal the death of the small publisher and the independent author before it ever signals the death of print.

Not that I love this tee (I find the unreadability of the text particularly ironic given the topic of the design), but the message is sound. A library is an investment, yes. So is a yacht. I know which one is a more meaningful investment.

Incidentally, since jas brought it up, if you are a bookish person and haven't browsed bookmooch.com, I'd recommend it. It's sometimes hard to find the titles you're looking for (which you all know if you've ever walked into a used book store), but if you have titles lying around that you don't mind not selling off or giving away, it could be worthwhile to look into their swap model, much as it would be worthwhile to current users to have a large new library to access (though I would warn anyone who considers it not to post a whole library: people can be damn quick to jump on new books, and listing too many at once could lead to a very expensive trip to the post office).

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: Raisins Ruin Everything

take from a chef. these words she speaks are true.raisin have been mucking up the world of pastries for too too long now. lets all take to the streets with fire and forks, kill all the raisins. kill emmmmm!!!