dreadwood

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreadwood
blinddog3d wrote:Really?
This is for $1000.00

My kid can draw better than this. write better, too. I don't get it?

I thought this was like an "Art Contest" but it's like Highschool.

Power to ya, if this is what the buying public wants. I don't wanna pissonyur daisies. Not at all. I'm just over here cuz a buddy told me there was top knotch stuff.

Good luck with this, it seems to be catchy and that's the name of the game.
brUno

To each his own. Thanks for the feedback.

Sporkfly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sporkfly
megs1310 wrote:I'd love your feedback!

How about never use comic sans. Ever. This is the only reason it didn't get my vote

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Sporkfly wrote:How about never use comic sans. Ever. This is the only reason it didn't get my vote

Yeah, some friends of mine started the Ban Comic Sans movement quite a while ago. http://bancomicsans.com/main/

bkearney09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkearney09
joemail11 wrote:VIDEO GAMES: Get a Life

Better?

I guess I didn't think it needed to be that blatant. I wanted the focus of the shirt to be 'Get a Life,' and I think most people can deduce that the product is the video game. Thanks for the feedback though!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Leahbh wrote:you could say the same thing about ranch.

Wow, I was just clicking on this to write the exact same thing! Are you from Texas? Hahaha.
brUno

bkearney09

blinddog3d wrote:Really?
This is for $1000.00

My kid can draw better than this. write better, too. I don't get it?

I thought this was like an "Art Contest" but it's like Highschool.

Power to ya, if this is what the buying public wants. I don't wanna pissonyur daisies. Not at all. I'm just over here cuz a buddy told me there was top knotch stuff.

Good luck with this, it seems to be catchy and that's the name of the game.
brUno

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is no more an "art contest" than a beauty pageant is a display of personality and intelligence.

The purpose of these contests (as least as far as I perceive them) is to create shirts that will sell. As many people have proven (cough*ramy*cough), it doesn't have to be a masterful work of art to sell like crazy.

bkearney09

blinddog3d wrote:http://www.offworld.com/assets_c/2009/09/Solid_Snake_Dog_Walking_by_venkman_project-thumb-620x560-26170.jpg

*ROTFLMFAO*

This was made for the "BlindDog!!!!!"

"Blind Dog in a BOX" being walked by Solid Snake!!! I'm in heaven!!

BlindDog

echo!

Goldina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Goldina
blinddog3d wrote:But the illustrations are so much better in vector maps!

Books on paper are as outdated as cassette and 8-track tapes! Tree killers needing to feed their own egos that something must die so they can have it forever. They collect dust and make you lick your fingers to turn the pages.
If ink goes on paper, it needs to be Japanese Kanji in haiku calligraphy. Get a Kindle, save a tree. It's the 21st century, Electronic is Eco. Fossill Fuel is already dead.

brUno

What happens when the new and improved Kindle comes out? The old one ends up in a landfill with the outdated Mp3's, phones, etc. and all the batteries that ran them. My books are biodegradable. So who is killing the trees?
This shirt is perfect for my Librarian Daughter!!

Torokrj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Torokrj

I want to know if this shirt prints anywhere, cause I'll buy it.

blinddog3d

dreadwood wrote: To each his own. Thanks for the feedback.

That's exactly right, I guess. I had a chat with some others and they explained how it works. You have to solicit your votes.

Good luck in the derby.
brUno

PS- I read my post and I sounded like an ass-istant donkey-head. I was just newly confused. It was directed more to the community, it just happened to be on your entry, that's not really fair to you. Sorry.

brindlegreyhound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brindlegreyhound
Re: Imaginary Friends

This is the only entry in this derby I would have considered purchasing. I understand why it was rejected, but it's such a great design. The lettering and colors are really fun and whimsical and match well with your monsters.

I really hope you get to submit this either sometime or somewhere else. :D

blinddog3d

Too Little -Too Late.

"Turn Signals: Not just Pretty Lights"
brUno

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
bluejester wrote:?

The guy I was responding to (ArtWorksMetal), his avatar has a dead fish on its head.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: I Fly Solo

And the product here would be?

Blasters?

Han Solo?

Rebel Alliance, going cheap?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
lonelypond wrote:But I want my sandwich ; ) Very cute.

Sorry,LP, you know the puppy is going to get at least a quarter of your sandwich!!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

megs1310

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megs1310

I totally agree with you, which is why I didn't use comic sans-- I used chalkboard. I was worried it might look a little too much like comic sans though, and I guess it does!

Sporkfly wrote:How about never use comic sans. Ever. This is the only reason it didn't get my vote

Re: That's not gonna work... (v. 2)

SnowQueenVT

megsck wrote:cute! the bichon (sp?) reminds me of my doggy, i have a bedlington terrier.

Meg, I don't know what kind of a dog this is either!! I know him as Little Willie.(Stealer of webkins, eater of sandwiches.)Thats all I know!

He wants to eat your sandwich.

SnowQueenVT

lucky1988 wrote:awesome illustration and style!

Thank you Lucky, you are the best there is.(Rock star+ AWESOMENESS=Lucky1988)

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807

Well, I guess I don't need to say what I was going to say. Although those "That's how I roll" shirts aren't quite the same thing, so I think it could slide by if it was just those designs that already existed.
This shirt still has my vote, regardless, because as a man, I can' really wear most of the "All Natural" shirts that exist, lol.

effiew wrote:I like this shirt, but I think it falls under "similar shirts exist."

... another few images

And there's more. Google D20 shirt and you'll see tons of shirts like this. Go to any con and you'll see tons more. As a geek and active player of D&D (yes, I admit it) I'd love to get a D20 shirt for $10, but I don't see that this shirt presents an original enough concept to fit within the rule set.

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807
Re: BOW TIES... ARE COOL

So, is the "Because the Doctor said so" on the back of the shirt or something? That would actually be really cool, I think.

GMV

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

Gesani

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Gesani
Re: Technology!

As the Employee of a Technogoly store the rejection reason makes me sad.

Rejected because: Not a tangible everyday product

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: BRAIN TACOS

Thanks guys! you rock!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Raisins Ruin Everything

I am so elated by all of this anti-raisin support. We're really taking back the cookies, aren't we? Yeah!

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Frozen Pizza

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • When I was 17, I had wrists like steel and I felt complete.

thatrobert

Re: American Cheese

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.

thatrobert

Re: Bow Ties: Cool, timelessly

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: BIRDS: NATURE'S ALARM CLOCK

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Grapes: Juicy and Wrathful

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Instant noodles V2!

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Extra! Extra!

• This is not SPAM.

theGrape

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theGrape
Re: Grapes: Juicy and Wrathful

of course I like this one ;~}

sad it's not near the top.

http://www.cafepress.com/thegrape

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: American Cheese

neato, i didnt notice this one, glad robert pointed it out. nice crisp work, really good design! =)

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Instant noodles V2!

nice, we have a stock pile at work and i can tell you this is the truest slogan in this derby =)

lioncassie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lioncassie
Re: Bow Ties: Cool, timelessly

This is so Fantastic! I love it and I want one!!!!!!!!

lucksource

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lucksource
Re: tea!

Awesome. I like everything about it. Print this one, Woot! Pleasepleaseplease!!!

dreamwootseeker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker
qwasdfz wrote:Man I really want this shirt. Will someone please vote im begging you. Get off your ^%&%&% penguin fetish and vote for something new.

And that would be voting for a Mario referencing shirt? The "Mario" fetish far far far outranks the penguin fetish on this place. I hate to tell you this, but you are even worse than the penguin voters.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
renegadetim wrote:Off center compared to what? I still don't see the warrant for the off centered complaints.

It's off-center in the sense that the design does not adhere to its own spacing. You can see very clearly in the image that the space between the MONDAYS slogan border and the COFFEE border is much larger on the left than the right. In a properly positioned design, that space would be equal. Additionally, when drawing the dashed center line down the middle of COFFEE and again down the middle of the MONDAYS slogan, it's clear the centers do not correspond. Third, the center of the coffee cup itself doesn't lay on either center line, in fact it almost straddles the space between them. Finally, the bottoms of the letters C and E in COFFEE don't sit at the same horizontal level. This is a common error when creating arched text in Adobe programs, but can be corrected if you check for it.

So yes, the design is off-center.

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
slowjam wrote:Bears have snouts.

Even gummy bears have snouts, as proven by this.

Not that I really care about bear snouts, I just came across that article and decided I would link to it.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
qwasdfz wrote:And it's better then "cooler than you" anyway.

That's a mighty low bar you've set over there.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
profbrendan wrote:It's off-center in the sense that the design does not adhere to its own spacing. You can see very clearly in the image that the space between the MONDAYS border and the COFFEE border is much larger on the left than the right. In a properly positioned design, that space would be equal. Additionally, when drawing the dashed center line down the middle of COFFEE and again down the middle of MONDAYS, it's clear the centers do not correspond. Third, the center of the coffee cup itself doesn't lay on either center line, in fact it almost straddles the space between them. Finally, the bottoms of the letters C and E in COFFEE don't sit at the same horizontal level. This is a common error when creating arched text in Adobe programs, but can be corrected if you check for it.

So yes, the design is off-center.

ur just a h8r