GrissomBites

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GrissomBites
Re: They're Watching.

This shirt is awesome. My favorite of all the entries. Good luck, can't wait to buy it!

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
odysseyroc wrote:ur just a h8r

OMGGGG NO WAY! DONT B JELUS!

megs1310

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megs1310

That is hilarious-- I love the "when good people pick bad fonts video". Apparently I need to add chalkboard to that list of "don't's"! Thanks for sharing!

sTyLeS wrote:Yeah, some friends of mine started the Ban Comic Sans movement quite a while ago. http://bancomicsans.com/main/

Re: That's not gonna work... (v. 2)

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
Re: It's Medicinal

Lame rejection

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
profbrendan wrote:OMGGGG NO WAY! DONT B JELUS!

It had to be said. I figured since it was Wed, your crit might go unnoticed. I had to make sure the universe stayed in balance.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
odysseyroc wrote:It had to be said. I figured since it was Wed, your crit might go unnoticed. I had to make sure the universe stayed in balance.

Heh heh, yeah, that's true. I've no delusions that what I wrote will make any sort of difference, but I felt compelled to answer the question of centeredness (new word? I think so!) with some kind of evidence.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
profbrendan wrote:Heh heh, yeah, that's true. I've no delusions that what I wrote will make any sort of difference, but I felt compelled to answer the question of centeredness (new word? I think so!) with some kind of evidence.

I agree with that. Especially since someone earlier posted that they didn't feel it was offcenter to their eyes...which makes no sense because it's not a subjective kind of thing.

kellie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellie22
travisk02 wrote:That's when certain vegetarians started becoming pretentious and bacon wasn't having it... something like that.

HAHAHHAHA!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

i totally want this shirt. i have to have it.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester
AdderXYU wrote:1) Even in a modern society, mentioning sex at all is taboo. Pathetic but true.

2) Woot's customer base is INCREDIBLY conservative. The word contraceptive is a dirty word to them even more than a normal person. Saying it implies people should have sex, and that's morally wrong. God is the best contraceptive.

3) The rare concerned woot citizen for social rights has, in the past, been offended by a rooster wearing a feathered native american headdress, abe lincoln pulling a giraffe out of his hat, and an abstract art piece where some were insistent they saw a swastika. An intentional one. A shirt about contraceptives will not fly with such people. Look at Plan B, in the long long ago. People apparently stopped realizing that "plan b" was a concept before a contraceptive, and insisted that that was what the tee was about (instead of a clip-art cash in mocking the last week's winner, which was also a clip-art cash in).

4) A creative juxtaposition of product and slogan is never going to fly at a site whose last slogan contest gave us "Looks Like Carmen was in San Diego." Wooters want something they can easily show off and have the highest possible number of other people giggle. That requires obvious and preferably

5) It's well done. Self explanatory, but for context, how many Walmazan tees have sold well after winning, compared to how many walmazan tees haven't been well done?

This is simply not a place good things win. Be appalled, but shocked?

I'm conservative, I'm Christian, and I voted for this shirt and bought the renamed "Special Delivery" from Wences/Walmazan. Nobody does risque'/"wait-did he just say that" quite as well as he does.

We (Christians) do have a sense of humor you know. And as far as the sex thing goes, my pastor actually did a sermon series on the subject.

That said, I can actually think of a couple of people within my own church who would buy this if it prints, and I'll post a link to my FB page if it does.

So, before bitterly clinging to your stereotypes and tropes, perhaps you should invest a bit more thought, eh?

*edit: fix illict to say invest. (Guess that is what I get for typing too quickly.)

jskotnik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jskotnik

This is my favorite of the bunch. I really hope this one sees print.

http://snowulf.com

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Re: hotcakes

THANKS everyone for the votes and comments on this one!

incrediblewatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages incrediblewatty
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Duly noted! I was paying homage to Philo Farnsworth and his brilliant invention, but I will happily change the date and put this on Red Bubble if it means a vote here and a sale there. #imasellout

Yay! :D

I love TV.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Grapes: Juicy and Wrathful

I have always wanted to be "The Best Loser"! I feel complete for this week. Thanks!

Thank you to all that voted and enjoyed this design.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Who's mightier now?

Hooray! It's my 1st shirt to get 100 votes!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Keg O Beer

What doies it sau, I can't read it?
brUno

lucksource

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lucksource
Re: Fuel the Addiction

"EXHAUSTED, FORMULAIC HUMOR
Using progressive verbs to build not-so-witty slogans since an applicable date"

Really, artists. Remeber that part of the derby rules asking for "original"? Kudos for your historical knowledge of the product, I suppose. There, I said something nice.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
blinddog3d wrote:What doies it sau, I can't read it?
brUno

I think it might say "If you can read this then you haven't had enough beer yet."

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
Re: Bacon Slap!

I love his expression.

caylab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caylab

LOL the shirt is FOR catnip, which gets cats high, this cat is clearly stoned.
Cheeseburger is from 'icanhazcheeseburger'... GET IT?!?!

blinddog3d wrote:I'm confused; I don't see a cheesburger. I see a cat. Did it eat a Cheeseburger?

Cheeseburger is a funny word to a chinese person, any word is funny to a cat. I don't see "Catnip" anywhere on this shirt. I just don't get it!

I must be as high as this cat!
Towelie says, "Don't forget to bring a towel! hehe, I am Soooo High I'm gonna make a shirt outta my cat!"
brUno

therobertdean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therobertdean

This Shirt is SO great! HA! Hilarious

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
kellie22 wrote:HAHAHHAHA!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

i totally want this shirt. i have to have it.

Then make sure to tell 800+ of your closest friends so you have the chance to buy it... HA!

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet
Re: Technology!

Bleh, I still totally want this shirt.

theparanoidandroid

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theparanoidandroid
Re: Chicken Wings! v.2

those hands look like sumthing ive seen b4, but I like his expression too.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
sgreenip wrote:It's funny. I have a "crazy pills" shirt from a woot gone by in my closet, and that was acceptable. So acceptable that it won and went into print. (hence the reason why it's in my closet) Why is this not? Same thing, right? No?

I'd say the difference is, the crazy pills weren't promoting any drug, legal or otherwise. That one was making a (bad) pun.

This is just a pot leaf shirt, promoting pot. Also, pot leaf shirts are for Vogonity bag teenagers that think the fact that they smoke pot makes them so cool they need everyone to know.

mafafu888

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mafafu888
wootvan wrote:Does this copy THIS artwork?

Or this shirt: http://www.spreadshirt.com/-C3380A4695833

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Johndis5 wrote:I'd say the difference is, the crazy pills weren't promoting any drug, legal or otherwise. That one was making a (bad) pun.

This is just a pot leaf shirt, promoting pot. Also, pot leaf shirts are for Vogonity bag teenagers that think the fact that they smoke pot makes them so cool they need everyone to know.

vogonity?

I will have to look that up!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

charleswallace12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charleswallace12
bluetuba wrote:I support tea! DOWN WITH COFFEE!!!

Yes!! GO TEA!!!!!

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" -Albert Einstein

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
theparanoidandroid wrote:those hands look like sumthing ive seen b4, but I like his expression too.

hands?

Nothing follows.

gryphoncreation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gryphoncreation
stehre wrote:YAYYYY!! Love it!

thanks it's a fun one

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
bkearney09 wrote:I guess I didn't think it needed to be that blatant. I wanted the focus of the shirt to be 'Get a Life,' and I think most people can deduce that the product is the video game. Thanks for the feedback though!

Not for you, I prefer it the way it is. I was just helping meh see the product by phrasing it like 99% of the other shirts.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Frozen Pizza

Thanks Robert!

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
cynic11 wrote:i was hoping that tuesday vote momentum would find itself this way, either way, thanks for getting me the most votes i ever had! over 200 for the first time! woohoo!

I'll give ya 300. Well-earned, I don't know why I didn't click on this one before.

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon
megsck wrote:From the Derby write up:

It's weird to think that in today's world, just existing subjects you to a ceaseless bombardment of advertising, marketing gimmicks, and various ham-fisted attempts to convince you to buy junk. People will buy a t-shirt with a logo on it, essentially paying for the right to be walking billboards. So why not spread the capitalist spirit?

That's just the write-up, not the rules. Besides, your cut out is also describing that the derby is about advertizing for a product.

You have also failed to argue against my other points.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Raisins Ruin Everything

Go boots! all my support! +1

lilaviel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaviel
Re: Helping you out of the Dark since 1986!

I'm not voting for this because you said, "vote please" on your thumbnail. That's just dumb.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
thumperchick wrote:Yeah, I actually avoided this one until today because of the thumbnail. Though now that I'm here, GMV.

I think the opposite actually, it's one of the first I clicked on because it's funny. It sticks out because you think "This shirt CAN'T actually be about poo!" and so you click on it to find out. It really stokes curiosity!

Of course, if you are a stodgy old codger and frown at poo jokes this shirt probably isn't for you.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
lilaviel wrote:I'm not voting for this because you said, "vote please" on your thumbnail. That's just dumb.

yer kind of a boghog.

Nothing follows.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Armagedon wrote:That's just the write-up, not the rules. Besides, your cut out is also describing that the derby is about advertizing for a product.

You have also failed to argue against my other points.

firt off, i wasnt arguing when i first posted, i was simply stated what i understood the write and the derby rules to mean.

now i am arguing:

1)the write up helps clarify the derby theme, so you should be paying attention to it.

2) your main arguement seems to be that they are promoting the information rather than the wiki site. there are two flaws with that, 1) you arnt the artist so you dont know what they were intending to promote. and 2) it doesnt matter because they are BOTH INTANGIBLE.

3)this point you made sure to ignore in my previous post. Look at all the other derby entries with intangible objects...notice something? they are all REJECTED. I would take that to CLEARLY MEAN that they want TANGIBLE common everyday products, not INTANGIBLE common everyday products.

so in conclusion, even if the write up didnt clearly express they wanted TANGIBLE objects (which to me, it did very clearly read that) The fact that they rejected so many other designs because they were INTANGIBLE should be OBVIOUS to you that they want TANGIBLE things.

so you are basically arguing that they should unreject this ONE shirt, because you think the website is tangible? because that is what it comes down to. they rejected it because they found it to be INTANGIBLE. you can take that to mean the the rules for this derby include only TANGIBLE objects. so please, tell me again why this should be unrejected?

MachineAmbition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MachineAmbition
slowjam wrote:I don't want to fan the e-drama flames of ramyb hatred, but really. In addition to it being a thoroughly unoriginal idea (yea, par for the course), these look NOTHING like bears. I can't tell that these are bears if I just look at the picture. Bears have snouts.

I have yet to see a gummy bear that actually looks like a bear, though I guess there is usually a snout-like protrusion. Adding bits of hair stuck to the half-eaten one would have been an interesting take on fur.

I think the shirt is OK, but I would critique the (as usual, vacant) eyes. For this concept, I just wish they would blend in more - gummy bears don't usually don't have anything white for eyes, or any eyes at all except maybe for little bumps. It would be hard to make them "scared" with no eyes, but it seems an interesting problem worth trying harder to solve.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
caylab wrote:LOL the shirt is FOR catnip, which gets cats high, this cat is clearly stoned.
Cheeseburger is from 'icanhazcheeseburger'... GET IT?!?!

No. I'm not stoned right now, can I have a hit of what you're smokin'?

hehehe
brUno