jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: EW! I’m not eating that!

Ha! Very funny, and it looks great fishbiscuit: )

That luke and leia kiss always weirded me out later when they turned out to be brother and sister!;)

jasneko

Re: BIRDS: NATURE'S ALARM CLOCK

Really nice grrlmarvel! I especially like the bird and clock graphic - the clock is sooo charmingly drawn and colored! <3

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Think Inside the Box! (V2)

Please let this make the top 100!!!!

It's the principle. I have to do better than last derby or it will ruin my plan 4 woot domination! ♫Mua-ah-ah-ah-ahhhh!♫

brUno

dchaverricr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dchaverricr
Re: They're Watching.

You should have entered this earlier, if this were submitted on Friday it would've had great chance of winning

blinddog3d

thumperchick wrote:Your design was highly entertaining. Unfortunately, I really, really, really dislike heather grey shirts. I have missed out on a few great designs because of this. Other less than popular colors are lemon and creme. Sometimes the design overcomes the colors, but mostly those awesome designs get lost due to shirt color. Good luck.

I went with Heather Gray because it looked "Army Issued." The Olive was not Olive drab, and was overpowering the shadow. I have since learned about "Heather Gray" and "Comic Sans" (which I did NOT use).

I think I wanted to make a statement that I could make Heather-frickin'-Gray as sexy as chocolate. It was a risky move & It almost worked, if it wasn't for those medling kids and their dog (Rooby-roo!)! Just showin my new skillz-that-killz.

Thank you for the feedback, I wish I could get more so I can improve! I want to win one of these (and I will, you keep watching, I just have to wait my turn).

much love,
brUno

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Thanks for all the support everyone! Don't think it'll make it, but it made us laugh which is always great.

blinddog3d

jasneko wrote:Really nice grrlmarvel! I especially like the bird and clock graphic - the clock is sooo charmingly drawn and colored! <3

I love the "mis-aligned" color on the clock, it's so retro! Adorable presentation (1,2,3,4,5). Well deserved Best Loser! (It's like kissing your sister)

Congrats,
brUno

jasneko

Re: Sir Cupcake

Cute! Cupcakes definitely aren't just for children. They're so more appealing to me over cake, even if they are made from the same ingredients!

jasneko

Re: Garlic: Great with butter, bad with vampires

The text and graphic are wery well put together, and a nicely-coordinated color combo. I've been drawn back to look at this a few times, despite not being that into vampires, so that says something about the visual appeal for me;)

blinddog3d

Re: Taco it's spanish for taco

IndependentVik wrote:Seeing this in 13th place is making me a sad taco

Me2! I loved this from 1st sight! I went around saying it ALL day and people thought it was funny (without any explanation), IT'S JUST FUNNY!!!!

Someone need to make a jesture and realize what genius is displayed on this shirt. I live in Texas and I would be a rock star if I wore this shirt to work! We eat Tacos EVERY DAY (and Bacon!)! So, as you guessed, I look like Jabba the Butt.

I hope this gets made...
BlindDog3D

rogue84

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogue84
Re: Fuel the Addiction

I love this image and the COFFEE text but the slogan is *really* crappy. Sorry. I would love love love to wear this shirt if it weren't for the slogan.

caylab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caylab

i take no offence, just having fun. thank you!

blinddog3d wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, this is totally executed without any thought to the message, but it made me laugh every time I look at that cat.... so I gave him a vote! It will have to be an "Woot.Inside joke"

Hahahahaaaaa!
brUno

yeahwrite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yeahwrite
jasneko wrote:The text and graphic are wery well put together, and a nicely-coordinated color combo. I've been drawn back to look at this a few times, despite not being that into vampires, so that says something about the visual appeal for me;)

Thanks! My wife is into vampires, so I'm into anything that's bad for them!

backerson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages backerson
Re: Raisins Ruin Everything

Has my vote!

sirrix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sirrix
rruffkess wrote:and this is after being a member for almost 4 years

Uh, 2011-2006 = 5.

chrislaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrislaw
Re: The Delicious Truth

make this shirt! =]

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood
Re: They're Watching.

Thanks for all the support

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon
chumpmagic wrote:I have read it and you have already brought up that point before... Am I suppose to agree now that you have said it more than once?
Sadly, the slogan is for the wikipedia knockoff company/service (not the information). That means it is not a "slogan for an everyday product;" It is a slogan for an everyday service...

Well, I am done. I know... I am not as fun as the others, but there is no point in arguing with someone that is completely committed. At least I give you the option to have the last word though

___

Also, I made my first comment shortly after I put a load in the wash Weird, no?

I'm sorry, but it seemed like I had to repeat myself since you completely ignored what I'd said before. I don't think that repetition will just make you agree with me, but you were bringing up an old issue which led me to believe that you had not read any of the past discussion.

How can you be sure that it is advertizing Wikipedia? From my perspective, the shirt is advertizing the information as the product being received.

Looks like it might get quiet in here since you seem like you won't respond...

Nbr8sGirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nbr8sGirl

I am so sad this is not in the fog....I hope this gets a 2nd chance down the road somewhere, I would have bought several of these.

Great shirt !!!!

moviewatcher

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moviewatcher

Nice design, unambiguous message. Good luck.

However... has anyone else noticed that the people who don't seem to be able to tell the difference visually between a raisin cookie and a chocolate chip cookie are all raisin haters? I suggest their lowered mental skills in this area are due to the lack of raisins in their diet.

Discuss...

Ktodd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ktodd
thumperchick wrote:I spy the Dunkin Donuts font and color scheme!

You are correct.

alposnacks

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alposnacks

I require this shirt. REQUIRE.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Grapes: Juicy and Wrathful

I feel like a jerkface for not noticing this in time to vote, but I wanted to let you know I thought this was a sweet design.

MachineAmbition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MachineAmbition

So how does this slogan promote the product?

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
SnowQueenVT wrote:vogonity?

I will have to look that up!!

damn woot filter!

toastedsheep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toastedsheep
Re: Delicious Nuts

Well, that is one enraged elephant. I admit, though, that I like the illustration and your unusual color scheme

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
megsck wrote:nice, we have a stock pile at work and i can tell you this is the truest slogan in this derby =)

Yes, it's funny because it's very true. Thank you Megsck, it's nice to get a compliment from pro.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • When I was 17, I had wrists like steel and I felt complete.

Thanks again thatrobert. once again, it's good to have a best loser award

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

ee0600

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ee0600
Re: Citations Needed

Meh. I was looking forward to buying this. But I see the rejectonator's point.

kamikaze07

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kamikaze07
Re: Orange Juice

Hilarious design! Can't resist the corny jokes on this one.

How can you say to someone, "Let me take the seed out of your eye," when all the time there is a straw in your own eye?

Where do preachers proclaim OJ's greatness?

(From the pulpit!)

AcidCrashX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AcidCrashX

Pretty win I'd grab this

skott67

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skott67
blinddog3d wrote:"Every Day?" Then the shirt would stink.
You should get the "Laundry Detergent" Tshirt to go with it.

♫Peee-yoooooooo-!ew♫
BlindDog3D

Not if I buy 5 shirts

qwasdfz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz
IndependentVik wrote:That's a mighty low bar you've set over there.

Probably about the lowest bar ever. Give that one a rezzy for unoriginality. Gawd if it wasn't for the write up on the shirt I would have stopped messing with the derby.

rube203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rube203
alaskanbookwyrm wrote:You know what's also cool? Fezzes. Fezzes are cool.

And Stetsons. Stetsons are cool.

Bqt1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bqt1
Teripie wrote:Cats: Because They Don't Drink Out of Your Toilet!

I have a dog and a cat... The cat drinks out of the toilet, the dog does not!

Myth busted!!

facegrater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages facegrater
kamikaze07 wrote:Hilarious design! Can't resist the corny jokes on this one.

How can you say to someone, "Let me take the seed out of your eye," when all the time there is a straw in your own eye?

Where do preachers proclaim OJ's greatness?

(From the pulpit!)

He was squeezed for your sins!

Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that orange juice is the best breakfast beverage.

adgart

quality posts: 4 Private Messages adgart
Re: The Delicious Truth

I really hope this one made the cut...

Bowmanbmb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bowmanbmb

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
moviewatcher wrote:Nice design, unambiguous message. Good luck.

However... has anyone else noticed that the people who don't seem to be able to tell the difference visually between a raisin cookie and a chocolate chip cookie are all raisin haters? I suggest their lowered mental skills in this area are due to the lack of raisins in their diet.

Discuss...

Many years ago I worked in an office that had a candy dish on the receptionist's desk. The dish was emptied several times a day by the employees, at which point it would be refilled with a random selection from many types of candy. One day I grabbed a handful of Skittles and dropped them into my shirt pocket, then went on about my day. Every few minutes I'd toss a Skittle into my mouth without thinking much about it. Eventually I hit one that was so foul that I almost spit it out in front of my coworkers. Turns out it was a stray M&M that was left in the dish from earlier in the day, and it was stealthily hiding amongst the Skittles. I actually like M&M's, but when you're expecting a Skittle and you get chocolate, it's revolting. (The totally wrong texture didn't help, either...instead of a waxy, hard-to-chew substance, the M&M cracked like an egg and flooded my mouth with creamy chocolate.)

Which brings me to my point: When you think you're putting one thing into your mouth and you get something else, it's a huge shock. You don't know what it is that you just ate, because your brain is focused on tasting one thing and then it gets something else. Yuck! And the more times you've expected chocolate and gotten raisins, the larger the aversion you would have to raisins. No wonder these people are protesting for raisins to be outlawed!

However, I do have to wonder why these raisin-haters can't distinguish the difference between a raisin and a chocolate chip. I may have been fooled by a stray M&M in a bowl of Skittles (though to be fair I never even really looked at what I was munching on), but I've never once been suckered into eating a raisin cookie thinking that it was a chocolate chip cookie; chocolate chips just do not look like raisins. Especially after having been burned countless times, apparently (as is evidenced by their rabid revulsion to raisin cookies), shouldn't some sort of self-preservation system in the brain kick in when they see a chocolate chip cookie? Shouldn't there be some intense scrutiny before they take a bite?

My theory is that these people are amongst the most extreme of chocoholics, and that their intense cacao addiction sends their brain into such a tizzy at the sight of a bespeckled cookie that it simply can't process any further visual input. While the rest of us can glance at the cookie and easily determine the not-so-secret ingredient, their sudden euphoria at scoring a fix prevents them from doing so. 0.3 seconds later, the cookie has entered their mouth...and what happens next isn't very pretty.

Of course, it's just a working theory; I haven't actually acquired the funding to conduct a double-blind study yet. Nor have I figured out how to lure this group of people into said study. I'm afraid that mentioning the word "raisin" would be a deal-breaker, and I'm worried about the ethics of not mentioning the word. I'm also quite worried about my safety.

In any case, here's hoping that this shirt will print so that these poor afflicted individuals can buy one. Perhaps seeing the slogan often enough will reprogram their synaptic responses just enough that they can avoid these unfortunate incidents. Or maybe the design will educate those around them of their plight, so that they might take pity and let them know that "hey, those are raisins." Of course, it might also lead to people putting out plates of raisin cookies in a twisted effort to get some great video for YouTube. After all, some people are just sociopaths.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
MachineAmbition wrote:So how does this slogan promote the product?

I think that you either like raisins or you don't. "Raisins Ruin Everything" isn't going to change your mind, but it will sure get people talking about raisins. (Just look at this thread for proof.) There's no such thing as bad publicity, they say.

Would the Raisin Council (there must be one, right?) ever use this slogan? No...they don't have the guts. However, I think it would be a great slogan for that type of a product. Most people would laugh out loud when they saw it, and then they'd be thinking about raisins. Perhaps they could alternate it with a positive slogan in an advertising campaign, so you never knew which slogan they were going to use until the end of the commercial. I like it.

Alternatively, who says that this is the slogan for raisins? Maybe it's the slogan for chocolate chips! Of course, I'm sure that the Raisin Anti-Defamation Council would have some things to say about that.