dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick

Thanks Shirt.Woot! for picking my shirt!

This shirt was never completed in time for Derby #109. I found it earlier this year, finished it, and decided to turn this in for a daily.

The inspiration was an image on the internet of an "Esc" key running away from a keyboard.

I think that the shortcuts match well - the Shift+Delete may seem to be the odd ball, but the others, except for 2, can all be used in the GUI filing system and aren't exclusive to a document editor like Word. I was going to do a ruler for Ctrl+R... and Shift Shift Shift Shift Shift on a sticky note ... but both weren't so common... and pretty obscure for most. I wonder if toothpaste would have been better Ctrl+V - I've never pondered the difference between paste and glue before.

Anyway - Thanks all!

jchinique

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchinique
skatimmy737 wrote:What would Ctrl+Alt+Del be?

crumpled paper?

cowardtheduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cowardtheduck

I would totally buy this if it weren't for the fact that I would have to explain "Shift + Delete" to everybody. Still, I love the idea.

badboypolar

quality posts: 12 Private Messages badboypolar

I have a fear that many of "random shirt" buyers will receive this shirt in the next random shirt offering.

djohnson64055

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djohnson64055

A lock...

Derek E Johnson

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

this makes me smile every damn time I look at it.

Nice work.

Plus, I learned a new shortcut (shift + del) which will no doubt end up screwing me over at some point in my life.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
artulo wrote:Every once in awhile, when describing a shortcut key to someone, I still use "open apple".

I still refer to command as the apple key even though they stopped putting the apple on the key years ago... confuses the hell out of newer users.

>insert funny quote here<

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

Why are such awful shirts being offered? We need more derbies and fewer random crapfests.

tmdowling

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tmdowling
spilzer wrote:If you're a Mac or Linux user make sure to download this translation chart so you can know what your shirt says.

Hey, thanks! Especially nice to have the navigation info, for those times when I'm forced to work on a Mac (grr).

jebalaya

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jebalaya

this guy approves.

/obscure?

AutoTechInSTL

quality posts: 6 Private Messages AutoTechInSTL
jel2301 wrote:This post explains it.

I always felt that it was just a little bit strange that he was always the first to post and spent so much of his time assisting the woot community.

I figured that he was either a woot employee, a bot, or really just needed a life.

It looks like he finally found that life! GO NIGHTGHOST!

Now... who here is going to be the next one to find a life? :D

Steve was DELICIOUS!

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari
jebalaya wrote:this guy approves.

/obscure?

This guy looks like a hipster pedophile from the 90's on his crappy iMac. Those things were an atrocity. Well most macs are since they're overpriced proprietary hardware for computer illiterate people who don't know they can build an insanely powerful PC for the same price.

ParadoxRacing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ParadoxRacing
spilzer wrote:If you're a Mac or Linux user make sure to download this translation chart so you can know what your shirt says.

If you're a Linux user, they can all be whatever you want, and then some!

moronbrigade

quality posts: 23 Private Messages moronbrigade

A lighter.

Seize the Opportunity.

Jesscah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jesscah

If only I could wear t-shirts at work, I would soo get this..

8080david

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 8080david

they still haven't shipped the shirt I ordered 3/28... I'd love to order more, but I'm not gonna, not til they ship that one.

sgayden

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sgayden

These aren't working on my Mac.

shklyar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shklyar
thewronggrape wrote:Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't know what Shift + Delete was!

me too!

shklyar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shklyar
XYZkill3r wrote:the lack of ctrl + c is a deal breaker for me... as well as (depending on your job) ctrl + r.

great shirt idea though!

agree! love the concept - definitely should be developed further.

AnimeRosey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnimeRosey
bluejester wrote:This place is going to be a little sad without NightGhost around. =(

I'm heartbroken. He was half the reason I came to see what was on woot. I think I had a mild crush. Though it could have been the avatar pic...

beckyeas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beckyeas

I spend my days at a computer, editing. I MUST have this shirt, if for no other reason than to confirm what a geek I am for thinking it's hysterical.

punder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages punder
AnimeRosey wrote:I'm heartbroken. He was half the reason I came to see what was on woot. I think I had a mild crush. Though it could have been the avatar pic...

It was the avatar and I know what you mean. I think we should hunt him down and force him to write 88 more quality posts before he's allowed to get on with "other pursuits". How dare he leave so close to 2000.
His gentle humor was relevant, but always kind. I,too, shall miss him.

woot4jam

quality posts: 6 Private Messages woot4jam
dankstick wrote:... and Shift Shift Shift Shift Shift on a sticky note

Heh! the nemesis of short cut keys : )

signature available upon request

wootenbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootenbear
theoneill555 wrote:I am going to have to get this shirt so that I can remember how to use the short cuts. I always have to ask someone.

They need to make a mirror image so you don't have to take the shirt off to read it!

Tygress

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Tygress

I can't decide if I should buy this because as a Mac user, everyone is going to make fun of me for wearing a PC shirt. But... its so cool. Couldn't you have released it in two versions?

Sparky0391

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sparky0391

DragonLance!

GenoGar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GenoGar

Ctrl+C tool is noticeably absent...

Though, Ctrl+C tool would take some advanced engineering to make.

mystymaples

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mystymaples

Other than paste is for eating, and glue is for sniffing, I don't know the diff either. This has been a very educational thread, will have to bookmark it at work for working on Word

dankstick wrote:Ctrl+V - I've never pondered the difference between paste and glue before.

Anyway - Thanks all!

lauriehill4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lauriehill4

according to Microsoft they both are:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester

Sold out? Congrats on the sellout!

And to those of you new to the game here's a breif run down:

Are you some one in need of this shirt but missed it?

The monkeys are angry and scream at your lack of due dillegence!

However, that being said, simply follow this handy Link at midnight central standard time tonight, and you will be able to acquire one of these shirts, and perhaps go a long way towards appeasing the monkeys...

cl0udsc0ut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cl0udsc0ut
chefsean wrote:does this work with a mac?

use the command key instead of the ctrl key. also ctrl + alt + del is a kin to command + alt +esc on a mac.

khoufu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khoufu
sgayden wrote:These aren't working on my Mac.

Microsoft FTW! It's just as easy to use now as a Mac, but I ♥ keyboard shortcuts. Mac users can't experience the joy of not having to use a mouse for everything but typing.

kellie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellie22
theoneill555 wrote:I am going to have to get this shirt so that I can remember how to use the short cuts. I always have to ask someone.

hahahaha!!!! Thats hi-larious

clipka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clipka

I wish someone had told me this: the women's sizes run BIIIIIG. Can we exchange for different sizes?

Mattiekrome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mattiekrome

Found one of these at the local goodwill today. Sadly a size L, so I left it.

Been sooooo long since I wooted

mgdiem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgdiem

I want this shirt! Anyone know if it's possible to get it new anywhere? I must have it!

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

mgdiem wrote:I want this shirt! Anyone know if it's possible to get it new anywhere? I must have it!

Try teetrade.org, wootswap.com, or the random shirt trade center in the Shirt.Woot forum. You might get lucky and find it there.