thewayisshut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewayisshut
Re: Experimental Fail

.....Look, I understand there's sort of a huge controversy surrounding ramyb's designs. I'm not saying the following because of that. I would say this no matter who the artist was, and I'm not trying to be nitpicky.

....but, I'm sorry, I just don't see the experiment here. Okay, you dumped chemicals on turtles in a terrarium and they... died? Umm, duh? When was the scientific method involved here? This is still off-topic.

boobsmurphy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boobsmurphy
Re: The Prince Charming Theorem

This. Shirt. Must. Print.

Love it!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
megsck wrote:hahahaha, you know what these reminded me of, do you remember those plants that danced and played music? i used to have one and i loved it. really like this drawing, different from your usual and i approve. =)

Thanks Meg! I'm not too encouraged to experiment with other styles when I get so few votes. I guess it's also possible the joke is a little complex? Like it takes more than a quick glance to figure it out? I don't know.

boobsmurphy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boobsmurphy
Re: The RYB color model

This shirt cracks me up!
I LOVE the crazy little girl..haha

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Green Symphony

This is adorable and I really like the placement.

gryphoncreation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gryphoncreation
Re: Into the Wild Blue Yonder

funny, I was working on a similar themed one, though I think I'll refrain now. If I might make a recommandation, I would sugest that you place the image on the other side of the shirt... Now it looks like it would shoot off of the shirt, but placing it on the other side(or reflecting it for this side) it'll draw the eye back onto the shirt.

fishbiscuit5

Re: Sky in a Jar

Beautiful! I'd totally wear it. :D

lunadust12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunadust12
bassanimation wrote:Should have made it a bottle of Surge soda. Do they even still make that stuff? Holy cow it would mess me up...and it was that funky, unnatural green...-shudder-

we drank that all the time in school when it came out. not sure why they thought it was a good idea to stock the vending machines with it. surge was like an early version of energy drinks.

fishbiscuit5

Re: fresh!

I really like the muted color choices. Nice job!

btomell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btomell
Re: fresh!

I think the shirt is attractive and well drawn, but I disagree with your portrayal of the mento. If the rules state no anthropomorphic animals, then doesn't the spirit of the law say no anthropomorphic candies? I don't know. Not trying to be mean, just thinking out loud (so to speak).

fishbiscuit5

gryphoncreation wrote:funny, I was working on a similar themed one, though I think I'll refrain now. If I might make a recommandation, I would sugest that you place the image on the other side of the shirt... Now it looks like it would shoot off of the shirt, but placing it on the other side(or reflecting it for this side) it'll draw the eye back onto the shirt.

I actually had it on the other side of the shirt first, but then I kind of wanted it to look like it was shooting off into the sky and off the shirt. My plan worked! :D You should sub your shirt too.

fishbiscuit5

Re: The Prince Charming Theorem

Those frogs are so cute! Great concept and lovely colors.

fishbiscuit5

wordwitch wrote:Not to be a raincloud on this cute parade, but no video games is one of the rules and this seems to be a Mario reference...

I immediately thought Little Shop of Horrors. Mario didn't even cross my mind until somebody else mentioned it and I really don't think this plant looks like the one in Mario. Very original and creative design, kevlar. gmv!

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: How I know my cat is evil? by Billy Pugsmith III

taking the true spirit of the theme I have drawn a diagram as though done by a middle school child on the topic of his cat being evil as his submission to the science fair.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
heartflux wrote:This made me laugh out loud... until I realized the unfortunate placement. "Dude, what's that on your boob?! You've got, like, angry snot in a dish on your left breast!"

Woot seems to place women's Ts slightly higher and slightly smaller to avoid booby decoration. Also, the collar on the templates comes down extremely far compared to a real shirt. I think this design would be fine if printed.

Great work truffle!

suzer22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages suzer22
Re: Just Add Love (Version 2)

YAY! Excellent!

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Re: My Pet Turtle Weighs 6 Balloons

best science project EVER!

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Pulley Overkill

I'm happy with this one.

5 colors on olive.

Nothing follows.

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks
Re: Science Class

That is beautiful, and I have voted for it. I'm a little worried that it might be viewed as slightly off-topic and get rejected, but I hope it doesn't.

gryphoncreation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gryphoncreation
spazzysoph wrote:not to be a spoil-sport but hasn't this been done before?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/The_Black_Holem41Detail.png

thanks for pointing it out...I hadn't seen that when I did this...which is a bit of a bummer for me. having something similar takes away from both i think, i'm a hitchhiker, and not familiar with the older stuff. I hope to come up with other stuff too...

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

oh my gosh! For a second I thought the girl was yellow-red color blind! And then I realized that the second yellow bird was in a BLENDER! lol

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
neeznoodle wrote:Harsh!

Just playful. No malice intended.

Nothing follows.

silkcrocs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silkcrocs
Re: How I know my cat is evil? by Billy Pugsmith III

I would SO buy this if it gets produced!It looks sort of like my cat after a bad day.

bughouseloco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bughouseloco

Meet Jimmy. He's the kinda dork you can really throw your lunch at. The kinda dork that takes pride in his science fair entry and doesn't care when the rest of the class laughs behind his scrawny back. In 10 years or so, when he creates the next big thing I just hope he remembers that I was never THAT mean to him...maybe he'll invite me to dinner, offer me a job, and when hes not looking...Ill throw my lunch at his rich, scrawny back!

Re: nerd pride!

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
Re: The Blue Ribbon Formula... At Last!

Up late, the night before the big science fair. The perfect mixture of chemicals were created... Poof! The honorable and sought after blue ribbon formula!

I hope everyone enjoys the design this week!
Special thanks to my model; Parker age 4.

neeznoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neeznoodle
Re: Calculator Fun

Kids love spelling words with calculators, so this is my take on that idea.

chuuie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chuuie
Re: You are here

Rat love! Since I have joined Woot, I have been very uninspired by most shirt designs... this one truly delights me! Votes!!!

neeznoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neeznoodle
taternuggets wrote:Just playful. No malice intended.

No worries. I knew that...

vixcarin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vixcarin
Re: Science Class

Love the fluidity of the piece and color choice. (And that you knew what a satellite looks like ^,^)

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm

Can't stop laughing... I would love to add this to my "twisted childhood" selection of shirts that also includes the delightfully disturbing Peter Rabbit Revenge tee

>insert funny quote here<

chuuie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chuuie
Re: extinction theory

At least 3 miniature creatures are decimated by flying d20s every time I play D&D... this is the most realistic shirt in the whole derby ;)

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

neeznoodle wrote:Kids love spelling words with calculators, so this is my take on that idea.

Oh, hey there! It seems like you may have missed seeing the derby description and rules?
Here. Here they are for you.
In case you don't know, the derby description and rules are posted every Thursday in the main world of woot shirts forum. Therein you'll find the description and the rules for the contents and composition of your entry.

Februaryxvi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Februaryxvi

Awesome. I support this shirt.

nickthedino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickthedino

I can't tell if some of these negative post against this entry are actually serious or just haters of ramyB. Either way, they're grasping at straws.

For example, the people arguing that an 11 year old would be smart enough to know this experiment wouldn't work. If you wanted the derby entries to realistically capture the experiments in a middle school science fair, we'd only have a bunch of entries revolving around potato catapults and posters based on the water cycle, which I'm pretty sure no one wants.

Februaryxvi

thewayisshut wrote:

....but, I'm sorry, I just don't see the experiment here. Okay, you dumped chemicals on turtles in a terrarium and they... died? Umm, duh? When was the scientific method involved here? This is still off-topic.

Ask a question:
Will turtles mutate and fight crime if exposed to a toxic substance?

Research:
Watched 16 hours of TMNT

Hypothesis:
Cartoons have never let me down before. Yes turtles will mutate.

Test Hypothesis:
Pour Toxins on turtles. Wait.

Analyze data:
Turtles have not grown, nor begun talking. Seem to be oblivious to ninja weapon supplied.

Results:
Turtles have died.

First place ribbon please!

Februaryxvi

Re: solid hypothesis

Not sure I would wear this. But it made my laugh.

Ah screw it, Ill wear it. gmv

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
lunadust12 wrote:we drank that all the time in school when it came out. not sure why they thought it was a good idea to stock the vending machines with it. surge was like an early version of energy drinks.

For awhile, when I called a friend and they answered the phone, I would yell "Surge!!!!!" Those were such weird commercials...

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: Minor Modifications

I like the idea of this, I just wish the planets/sun were in order... that's a deal breaker for me

>insert funny quote here<

Februaryxvi

Re: Volcanoes Galore

Having turned in a volcano to a science fair, I find this hilarious. gmv

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
chumpmagic wrote: Blah
I think ever detergent I have used has been blue. Is there really a "glowing" green detergent. I would use it

I don't know about laundry detergent...but there's green dish soap...