alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
Re: Experimental Fail

Okay, I've done my fair share of Ramy criticism, but come on. This shirt is in extremely poor taste. Why it got "unrejected" is beyond me.

Shame on you, Shirt.Woot!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: The Life Cycle of a CATerpillar

This is pretty darn smart! Well done too!

I like it

alfbo

Re: The RYB color model

Sorry, W, you're one my favorite Woot artists, but this crosses a line. No vote from me.

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
Re: The importance of animals...

animals + science = world peace

First place winner in 1993 SCS Junior science fair

justzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justzo
Re: extinction theory

made me laugh out loud. +1

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
alfbo wrote:Okay, I've done my fair share of Ramy criticism, but come on. This shirt is in extremely poor taste. Why it got "unrejected" is beyond me.

Looks like they had to use "text" to label it, so without the label, it's nuclear waste (obviously Middle-school mutant ninja turtles) Besides, IT'S A VIDEO GAME!

IT'S A VIDEO GAME, IT A VIDEO GAME!

alfbo

Re: fresh!

I like the vintage look to this design. GMV.

greystone9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greystone9
anidi79 wrote:I've been keeping and studying tarantulas as a hobby for the last 10 years or so... I love them and everything about them. They are gentle beautiful creatures :D

My 5-year-old daughter would love this shirt. And wonder why so many others didn't. :D

ajoustra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajoustra
Re: Little Johnny Always Loved Dinosaurs

Ahh! Jurassic Park! Yes!

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: 3000 A.D. science fair

Little Bo Peep may not really care for her lost sheep in the year 3000 A.D. A middle school child might just clone them all for her!

liverfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liverfire
Re: The Science of Splatter

I'd buy this shirt. Dexter rules.

jthurley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jthurley
Re: Pulley Overkill

Uhm, those are all fixed pulleys, the rope would be pulling him upwards with 1 ton of force. If he's going to actually get any advantage, he needs movable ones in the system somewhere. Nice idea, but not science geek worthy execution.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: POTATO POWER

This is a really great drawing!

Jorbex

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Jorbex

Great idea! I would like it more if the Petri dishes didn't have faces, but the title is so great I can't help but love it. Gotta love Land Before Time!

lonelypond

quality posts: 463 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Just Add Love (Version 2)

yes, solves the only problem it had. Nice.

Merry Christmas shirtwoot!

genericgirlname

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genericgirlname

Best shirt ever. The people who are over reacting about the animal cruelty present in the shirt don't seem to realize the difference between a shirt that says "Hey you should totally blend baby chickens!" and one that plays up the absurdity and morbid humor inherent in a fictional child implying harm to fictional animals.

jeez I wonder how traumatized you guys were by tinytoons . . . .

...now?

ahnkou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ahnkou
bughouseloco wrote:Meet Jimmy. He's the kinda dork you can really throw your lunch at. The kinda dork that takes pride in his science fair entry and doesn't care when the rest of the class laughs behind his scrawny back. In 10 years or so, when he creates the next big thing I just hope he remembers that I was never THAT mean to him...maybe he'll invite me to dinner, offer me a job, and when hes not looking...Ill throw my lunch at his rich, scrawny back!

Very cool and good luck on your first entry!

Demeanor Reminds me of Sheldon Cooper from big bang theory and a staple nerd

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: SUPERNERDS!

Even the greatest of heroes were once mild mannered kids... or nerds!

This was the first idea I had for the derby. I wasn't feelin' originally so went with the other design. I revisited it tonight with fresh eyes and here we are.

nickthedino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickthedino
alfbo wrote:Okay, I've done my fair share of Ramy criticism, but come on. This shirt is in extremely poor taste. Why it got "unrejected" is beyond me.

The bird shirt is much worse. That little girl knows exactly what she's doing, and she's smiling about it.

blinddog3d wrote:Looks like they had to use "text" to label it, so without the label, it's nuclear waste (obviously Middle-school mutant ninja turtles) Besides, IT'S A VIDEO GAME!

IT'S A VIDEO GAME, IT A VIDEO GAME!

Unless I'm mistaken, THEY WERE A CARTOON FIRST, THEY WERE A CARTOON FIRST, THEY WERE A CARTOON FIRST. Or maybe a comic. Either way, they didn't originate in video games.

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99

Hah. Really? You know, I've been fairly interested in the entire ramyb drama-saga on Shirt.Woot. There have been some interesting debates here and there. "Bwah, we hates the turtles." And, "No, we loves the cutey-cute." And, "Stop breakin' the rules." And, "Don't be a hater." I just chalked it up to a guy drawing what he likes, and the internet responding with it's usual opinion war.

But this really is ridiculous. This week, I call troll. It seems to me that you're just trying to light fires and tick people off now, while you sit back and enjoy being fought over by the obsessed. I guess if I garnered the kind of funds that you do from Woot, I could pick up trolling as a hobby, too.

In any case, this design really misses the mark on being clever and falls right into being disturbing. Woot announces "Science Fair" as the theme and poisoning turtles like an unsupervised, TMNT-obsessed child is the first place you go? Says a bit about you, doesn't it.

Defend it all you like. In the end, you're still the dude who drew dead turtles and justified it as art. A~w, but they're cute, so it's ok.

readingatmidnigtht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages readingatmidnigtht

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

In an alternative history, two child prodigies in the field of steam robotics found themselves tied for first
place in their 4th grade science faire. Little did they know that this would be the first of many battles
as the two grew up. Battle of great heroism and villainy. Great battles of STEAM!

Mr. Debris took a break this week from coloring, so Drak did it all.

DETAIL 1:

DETAIL 2:

Thanks as always everyone.

woot4loot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woot4loot
Re: theraphosidae ver 2

I really like the design!

Woot rejects entries where the big design doesn't match the design on the shirt, so you need to change it so the colors are the same both places and resubmit it.

Better to fix it and resub now than wait until Woot gets around to rejecting it on Monday- that way you can keep the votes you get over the weekend.

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
Re: Minor Modifications

I have to admit that hand-on-heart I really liked this when I saw it.

I don't care that the pluto thing is massively over-done - I do care that the shirt isn't very on-topic.

I care most that the shirt is by ramy, however, and so will never get a vote from me.

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
ramyb wrote:That is just a wrinkle from the shirt comp

Sounds like a good reason to use the official woot template to me instead of one that distorts the image *insincere smiley*

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
BootsBoots wrote:This week we want to see designs carrying on the tradition of middle school science with your depictions of the theories explored, science fair experiments themselves, or maybe just the chemical or physical processes involved.

So your theory explored is rainbows and clouds in a glass? Are you promoting alcohol or DRUGS or both?

I thought you were a better artist than that and I still don't see the relevance to a science fair.
No go ESPECIALLY when you're designing for a MIDDLE SCHOOL science fair!
Rethink your promo and pull this entry....please.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Ha ha ha, I really like her brace filled expression. I'm not a huge fan of the blending animals bit, but I still think this is pretty funny.

I can see why some people might not think so. =D

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: SUPERNERDS!

Looking good, midge!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: 18XX SCIENCE FAIRE SHOWDOWN

Voted! Nice to see the Drakxxx spin on a somewhat ho-hum derby theme.

collinvh

quality posts: 67 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Big Brother

The cardboard box solar system:
Inspired by my older brother's middle school science fair project. I remember how cool I thought those styrofoam planets were. Even now I can still see the glitter stars... Thanks Bro.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
rocketjohn wrote:Sounds like a good reason to use the official woot template to me instead of one that distorts the image *insincere smiley*

Er, a lot of artist use a more natural shirt template instead of the official woot one. Woot doesn't reject for it unless the colors don't match. Shrug.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51950]Young Bell

WATSON! for the last time! we are not going to call it an "iCan"

be10der2me

midgerock wrote:again, thank you for stopping by and sharing your feedback. I don't know where this accusatory tone is coming from with my design. I can understand if you don't like the design. That's fair. But as for this design being a rehash of my designs I think that's not a fair assessment. Has the premise of mentos and diet coke been done before? Yes. Did I approach it differently. Yes. I appreciate feedback but not in the manner you presented it. If you would ,like to have a real dialogue please feel free to PM me because I don't know where all the hate you are projecting on me is coming from.

No need to PM- I believe in being VERY open.
We expect this crap from Ramyb, I thought you were better than that.
No hate, don't know where that thought came from!

I guess I just expect more from you as I'm sure your other followers do also!
There are hundreds of other concepts to choose from and you HAD to pick a MythBusters episode?
You should have at least had a child at the table eating the mints getting ready to drink the soda...now that's funny!
Anyone wearing that shirt would get a wide berth from me!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Biffo wrote:How is cruelty to animals funny?

Because this is an accurate record of something that actually happened.

Lighten up a tad. There's plenty of room for black humor in this world.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
bluejester wrote:What makes this funny is that we get to see the moments prior to the action. Sure it's a bit messed up, but then kids of a certain age are waaaaaay messed when you think about it.

The whole idea of "I took it apart to see how it works" line knows no bounds, either mechanical or living, at a certain age.

GMV

Well said. If people can't appreciate the brilliant comic execution (no pun intended) of this shirt, I don't know what to say.

slvrwhispr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slvrwhispr

If this prints, I can't decide if I'm going to be more ashamed of Woot, or of humanity in general for voting it there. I own a ramy shirt, I enjoy it, but this piss-taking is getting out of hand.

be10der2me

Re: Just Add Love (Version 2)

I really like this! And no cannabis reference! +1

be10der2me

Sorry Ramyb- you are still rehashing the 4 turtles!
No go on this design!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
kaseyfleming wrote:WATSON! for the last time! we are not going to call it an "iCan"

extremely well done!

SpritlE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpritlE
Februaryxvi wrote:Not sure I would wear this. But it made my laugh.

Ah screw it, Ill wear it. gmv

Seconded