be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
Re: You are here

Me at the mall, you captured it perfectly!
GMV!

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus
Re: Sky in a Jar

This is by far my favorite shirt in the derby. Great take on a rather tough theme.

mhlyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhlyle
Re: theraphosidae ver 2

We've had our Chilean Rose Hair for ten years. She must be getting on in years, as she was an adult when we bought her. She had to have been wild-caught when she was sold to the pet store, as she laid eggs a few weeks after we brought her home, resulting in 300 babies. I gave a few of them away to colleagues, and then located some breeders and collectors in central California who were happy to have fresh breeding stock.

mawkish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mawkish
Re: Poor, poor Petri

Totally loving the Land Before Time reference, too. GMV just for that.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
jeanerz13 wrote:I don't know about laundry detergent...but there's green dish soap...

Yeah I was thinking laundry detergent and not dishwasher detergent. I guess that will have to do.

queenofgeeks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages queenofgeeks
Re: Experimental Fail

I really enjoy this shirt! From the girl who was doing bacterial population studies on milk in the fourth grade.

And honestly, there is plenty of animal experiments in everyday science. I'm a cancer researcher, we work in mice. I've worked with fish, with bees. Animals die in the name of science, it's ugly but it happens. And a cute little kid trying to bring his favorite characters to life is cute, it's a sweet concept that many can relate to. I hope this prints. The people in my lab will enjoy it as much as I do.

GEEK IS CHICK

queenofgeeks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages queenofgeeks
Re: (Science) - (Fiction) =

This is entirely fantastic! I NEED this shirt, it will look great on me working in my lab. =D

GEEK IS CHICK

awlwren

quality posts: 3 Private Messages awlwren
Re: C6 H12 O6 - not all marshmallows like being sugar

This is really cute, but hard to see at first glance. Maybe if you moved the C3 further down to give it that classic hexagonal shape?

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: You are here

Glad to see you have a design doing so well over here. i always like your style (though the shading on the rat seems to be a tad different this round- but still looks good and has the same overall cleanness feel). I wish this design the best! It a brilliant take on this week's theme.

As usual, great job!

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: All Better! (Chalk Frog Resub)

Its late and I made this. It is weird. Any feedback would be great!

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99
Re: guts!

I absolutely love this. If it prints, it'll break my epically-long dry spell on Shirt.Woot; I haven't seen a shirt I'd buy in weeks. -:O Colors are fantastic! Very relatable topic, without skirting the "animal cruelty" line that others have this derby. I think you deserve more than a few props for this design.

You've got my vote, and I'll be rooting for you! -:]

raerae104

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raerae104
Re: The RYB color model

I'm such a dork. It wasn't until I read through all the comments that I realized that the yellow bird in the blender was labeled red because thats what color it was going to be in a moment. Derp

radharose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radharose
Re: The color of light

Haha, is that a particular kind of plant? And would you include that particular kind of plant in a middle school science fair greenhouse experiment? That's the way I first read it, anyway. :P

colourcraze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colourcraze

I would say, for aesthetics, get rid of the frog on the bottom left and move the two that are in different positions over so that they are centered under the other six. right now the design is pulling to the right a little too much and it might look off on a torso. just my $0.02

artbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbreaker
ochopika wrote:Its late and I made this. It is weird. Any feedback would be great!

I like the idea, but if Im following the image from upper left to bottom right the frog is flayed open, then its organs are being removed, then it is sitting, then hopping away... without his insides! unless of course that was intended, GL

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52144

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey

jcmaziu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcmaziu
Re: The science of making friends.

If you can't get friends ... build one!
Hope you like it

VonMonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d

...and your Tshirt mock-up is out of wack, The design is too big for the ratio on the shirt (that little square on the template). Personally, I think the brown shirt kills it (yes, in a bad way). Grass or Kelly Green would be happier, less drab.

That's strictly from my eyes, my brain is trying to follow the design. I get that disected frogs are science, but I don't understand the progression of images?

I would not wear this anywhere, well, maybe to a Middle-school Science fair, but that's it.

I'll leave you on a positive note, the artwork is great.
Maybe I'm Blind....?
BlindDog3D

dgshinkle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgshinkle
Re: Edison Plays Dirty

Not only were Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla always rivals, but they also were born with white hair and a mu-stash respectively. This story telling of their grade school science fair projects is foreshadowing of their future conflicts. Though less brilliant, Edison knows how to get the job done. Sometimes simplicity wins... in this case, its just down right cheating.

Let me know what you guys think. I always welcome critique. I hate it that I had to turn this one in late. I really like the History behind these two.

Edison Plays Dirty STAFF: Well, I tried. Looks like the image won't stay until you buy something. Still, please don't post your derby entry in the body of posts.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
be10der2me wrote:So your theory explored is rainbows and clouds in a glass? Are you promoting alcohol or DRUGS or both?

I thought you were a better artist than that and I still don't see the relevance to a science fair.
No go ESPECIALLY when you're designing for a MIDDLE SCHOOL science fair!
Rethink your promo and pull this entry....please.

Lol! I think you're just messing with me, but just in case... "Sky in a Jar" is a really common middle school science project. It's one that you often see at a science fair. See links up above.

And wait. I have a promo? That's neat. I hope it's action packed with lots of explosions and some slow motion running. ;)

blinddog3d

Re: 18XX SCIENCE FAIRE SHOWDOWN

Steamboy is the new "Akira." Steampunk is so hot right now, that this should do well just from the subject (much less the really cool robots).

It's a "clever-clever" concept well executed. As my wife would say, "Sexy-Chocolate!"

Rad!
BlindDog3D

fftkrazee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fftkrazee

Very nice. I actually thought this was cmdixon(?)'s design from the thumbnail.

neeznoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neeznoodle
goldenthorn wrote:Oh, hey there! It seems like you may have missed seeing the derby description and rules?
Here. Here they are for you.
In case you don't know, the derby description and rules are posted every Thursday in the main world of woot shirts forum. Therein you'll find the description and the rules for the contents and composition of your entry.

I'm just looking for a bit of advice on this rejection. How is this off-topic? I can easily see a kid showing off the words he figured out how to "write" with a calculator. This is real-world realistic, and is age-appropriate, meaning this really is something kids in middle school can/would do.

As for color, I'm totally confused on this issue. Your entry form says that brown equates to Pantone 7519, which is what I used for my entry. However, I totally agree that it does not match up with the color swatch provided in the blank shirt template. When I do the eyedropper to the brown swatch, it comes up as Black 2C (which looks like the brown in the swatch). Is is possible that the pantone # found on the entry page is incorrect? (I am referring to the "What's this?" link found next to the design detail entry.)

Thank you for your input and guidance.

jzlosman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzlosman
nickthedino wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, THEY WERE A CARTOON FIRST, THEY WERE A CARTOON FIRST, THEY WERE A CARTOON FIRST. Or maybe a comic. Either way, they didn't originate in video games.

It started as a comic in the mid-80s. Followed by 4 TV series, 4 films, and are you ready for this...21 video games. How can you try to make a case that TMNT is not a video game. The origin media is irrelevant.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
jthurley wrote:Uhm, those are all fixed pulleys, the rope would be pulling him upwards with 1 ton of force. If he's going to actually get any advantage, he needs movable ones in the system somewhere. Nice idea, but not science geek worthy execution.

I figured the first complaint would be how did he reach the rope.

Nothing follows.

blinddog3d

jzlosman wrote:It started as a comic in the mid-80s. Followed by 4 TV series, 4 films, and are you ready for this...21 video games. How can you try to make a case that TMNT is not a video game. The origin media is irrelevant.

http://tmntgame.us.ubi.com/#

Thank you, my point exactly!!!

Am I Blind?!?
Yes, ...to poor rebutles by lemmings.
brUno

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: feet first feat

I would think the cats could squirm around in the ropes... they are very squirmy. Perhaps if you drove a stake through them, it would keep them in position.

Nothing follows.

blinddog3d

Re: the effect of warm water on bodies at rest

So, we can have corn walking and wearing clothes, but not animals?

I guess this derby is "Making something cute and we'll bend the rules for you.

Or, maybe I'm Blind?
BlindDog3D

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet
Re: (Science) - (Fiction) =

Great looking shirt.

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Re: Glass bottle vacuum

This brings back memories of chocolate!
They used this to advertise Cadbury

mmm chocolate

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

AnimalChin624

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnimalChin624
Re: Tooth in the Soda Experiment

Nice work .....

Teripie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Teripie
Re: Stages of a Butterfly

Nice. I think I'd add one more stage - abutterfly flattened on a windshield.

“Anything is a great deal at some price,” Some Rutledge Guy.

WanderingRaccoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WanderingRaccoon
Re: feet first feat

That gray cat has got the most akwardly drawn hind legs ever.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
be10der2me wrote:No need to PM- I believe in being VERY open.
We expect this crap from Ramyb, I thought you were better than that.
No hate, don't know where that thought came from!

I guess I just expect more from you as I'm sure your other followers do also!
There are hundreds of other concepts to choose from and you HAD to pick a MythBusters episode?
You should have at least had a child at the table eating the mints getting ready to drink the soda...now that's funny!
Anyone wearing that shirt would get a wide berth from me!

when creating a design for the contest I as other artists want to create something that has a broader appeal. something they can relate to. The idea for mine is well known so a lot people can relate to it. Is that a bad thing? no. I can understand if you don't like the mentos and diet coke science project but a middle schooler would do such a project. Just trying to find more accessable ideas for the contest. Other stuff I have done in the past have been passed over because it didn't have a wide appeal. But I don't think its wrong for an artist looking for a broader audience.

as to the hate, re-read your first comment with fresh eyes, and be honest, it comes across full of venom.

sebitron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sebitron
Re: The color of light

gorgeous shirt, love the use of colors and negative space, it's a good concept that's you've implemented well

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: Resonance

The sound of wine glasses. Different amounts of liquid will change the pitch of sound.

fventz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fventz
radharose wrote:Haha, is that a particular kind of plant? And would you include that particular kind of plant in a middle school science fair greenhouse experiment? That's the way I first read it, anyway. :P

That's exactly what I thought. Sure as hell looks like a weed plant to me. And the colors fit, too.

sebitron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sebitron

absolutely gorgeous, I want this shirt